Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Thanks for the games tonight! Hopefully my connection stops being poo poo :argh:

This is rapidly becoming my favorite game, even if I get murdered from every possible angle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I feel like I'm finally getting a hold of the map layouts and using softwalls and floors appropriately, as well as holding angles and using sound to get the upper hand instead of trying to out-twitch some teenagers. I ran into a nomad tucked in a corner while pie-ing off a doorway, backed out and blew out the wall to her flank. They didn't realize it happened until I'd already panic-dumped the rest of a p90 mag at them and switched to pistol. I'm usually playing casual late night on weekdays though, so I'll probably get wrecked if I play prime time.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Man for a game thats telling me i have 9 ping there was a lot of loving stutter this weekend

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
I'm still trash enough at the game that getting MVP is a big deal for me and I've gotten it twice tonight. Just hovering perfectly in the window of drunk enough but not too drunk. I picked up Vigil today and he seems to be really suiting me

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Bullbar posted:

Just hovering perfectly in the window of drunk enough but not too drunk.

siege.txt

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean
the ballmer peak is extremely real in siege and it owns. sober enough to still function and aim like a person, but buzzed enough to go for the plays you would ordinarily be hesitant about, ftw

our squad did all our placement matches on saturday and ended up 1 win short of gold, so i pulled out all the sweating for our last match:

probably my best game in months

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Oh my God - it's not just me who's noticed the Ballmer peak in this game.

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
Looks like next time I'm gonna play ranked I need a little lead in time to have two and a half cans

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
i have been doing my own extensive research on the :350: side of this curve and i can assure you there are many parallels.

except when you go beyond the point of no return, siege shifts deeply into the survival horror genre

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

big boi posted:

Oh my God - it's not just me who's noticed the Ballmer peak in this game.

It is 100% a thing. One or two beers is very good, after that it goes downhill fast.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/jmLj2Lk.webm

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Placed Gold III. :(

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean
Whats wrong with gold 3

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!

Agoat posted:

Placed Gold III. :(

Beyond my wildest dreams

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Thief posted:

i have been doing my own extensive research on the :350: side of this curve and i can assure you there are many parallels.

except when you go beyond the point of no return, siege shifts deeply into the survival horror genre

yeah you can go to far and then its just footsteps and creaks and groans everywhere. It's kinda fun.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Scarf Ace posted:

Whats wrong with gold 3

I want plat. I got Gold 1 last season and I just can't seem to break through. I'm hoping with some refinements this season we'll get there but the early matches are insanely important in ranked

Bullbar posted:

Beyond my wildest dreams

Not if you BELIEVE

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Yeah I usually drink half a bottle of wine while I play. Those games between glass 1 and 2 I become John Wick himself.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

My last two ranked games I've had 12 kills and a big ol' L at the end. Bronze is fun

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

dear ubi, can we get 2 or 3 outfit presets for each operator that we can choose each round :thanks:

also add an outdoor map with shacks and a ton of foliage because almost every operator has a set like this now:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Thief posted:

dear ubi, can we get 2 or 3 outfit presets for each operator that we can choose each round :thanks:

Yeah, this would be great. It'd be nice to have one for daytime/bright maps, one for night/dark maps, and a bright pink/orange one with a clown mask for the MVP screen.
(Since right now most of mine are suited for dark areas, which obviously isn't ideal when Tower or daytime House comes up..)

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

lol when they make it so there's 2 extra slots, but the first one costs as much renown as a new operator while the second one is premium Clancybux

if they really want to start poo poo make it so a 3rd extra slot can only be achieved by reaching diamond

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean

Agoat posted:

I want plat. I got Gold 1 last season and I just can't seem to break through. I'm hoping with some refinements this season we'll get there but the early matches are insanely important in ranked

Oh. Idk ive been plat three seasons in a row and we always place mid golds or even low silver. youll get there champ

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Scarf Ace posted:

Oh. Idk ive been plat three seasons in a row and we always place mid golds or even low silver. youll get there champ

We hit Gold II tonight, super close to Gold I. Every season we'd get dicked then the point decrease would kick in. I feel good about this season.

Also as a follow up on Cav, I see how good she is now. Not a top pick in my book but getting an interrogation off wins games

Also working on a new thread btw.

Agoat fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Dec 19, 2018

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnk2Ourm1Rg
New operator makes you fall asleep on the nearest sofa.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:abrathink:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Thief posted:

also add an outdoor map with shacks and a ton of foliage because almost every operator has a set like this now:

Aye, but then Glaz would be the be-all-end-all on such a map.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I gotta try this whole "ranked" thing at some point. Casual with friends is fun but the spread of skill ranking is just hosed. Some games it's normal or there's someone clearly on a higher skill bracket matched into an otherwise even game, and some games the enemy is Wood IV across the board.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
I’ve never played a single Ranked game but I want to start. How screwed am I if I solo queue?

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
I'll be halfway into a rum and coke and turn into Sam Fisher himself. When i'm stone sober I hesitate on every shot I make but when I'm buzzed it's "what the gently caress is tha-, *bang* oh it was a dude".

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Kazinsal posted:

I gotta try this whole "ranked" thing at some point. Casual with friends is fun but the spread of skill ranking is just hosed. Some games it's normal or there's someone clearly on a higher skill bracket matched into an otherwise even game, and some games the enemy is Wood IV across the board.

Ranked is the best mode. Jump in ASAP

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Daric posted:

I’ve never played a single Ranked game but I want to start. How screwed am I if I solo queue?

Not screwed at all, solo ranked can be fun and you usually end up with more balanced teams than casual or a mixed ranked group.

Solo is usually less loud on comms as well, so you can use sound to locate enemies much easier.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

fwiw you are far more likely to encounter players well above your skill level when playing casual and the round timers are much longer which can ironically make that mode harder than ranked more often than not

the only excpetion to this are if you're doing your first 10 placements. this is probably because if you win/lose them all it will put you as far as plat/copper so win streaks during that period seem to have a much greater impact on matchmaking than usual

e: also the esiest way to cheese the matchmaker is with 1 friend lower than you. when you group in parties of 3 or more you'll start to see coordinated and competent groups of equal size as i'm almost certain the matchmaker factors this in. might be confirmation bias but it seemingly tries to match equal sized groups. the reason i feel tjis way is becsuse of how often i see the same number of clan tags on opfor as people in my party after hundreds of matches

Thief fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Dec 19, 2018

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I'm gonna buy an alt account this week and will happily play with any newbie goons trying to get out of low ranks.

Also does anyone here stream or make YouTube videos (other than me)? I want to add goon creators to the new op

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I'm probably gonna hit 20 tonight or tomorrow and will be down for some ranked games. Would prefer to roll with a full goon squad

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
got my alt, add anchor.baby if you wanna play ranked when i get to 20 with it

edit: add ag0at too

Agoat fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Dec 20, 2018

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Got three kills in one round to win a 1v3 was fuckin sweet.

Lost the match in the final round because I turned a corner and was surprised to see Tachanka and couldn't shoot his legs and torso enough to kill him. Not the first time that's happened. I feel like despite how bad he actually is he's a pretty good counter to me personally since I never expect him and aiming at head/chest height usually means I'm shooting his gun.

EDIT: Added both of your user names to my friends list, goat

FrostyPox fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Dec 20, 2018

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
Tachanka's greatest strength is his ability to hold down a single angle super hard, if you try to hold multiple you're gonna try to snap back to one and get demolished. Also gently caress that little rear end shield he can take with him, use the actual map features to shield your dick.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
I’m on PC and my username is Darikashii

Go ahead and add me too, I always play solo

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/O0Rumc4.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer