Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the McMahons FINALLY being back in charge?
This poll is closed.
Oh thank God, FINALLY! It's been so long! 5 5.00%
Who? It's been so long I forgot who they are! 1 1.00%
Is Jack Tunney okay? 44 44.00%
.... THE BIG DOG! 50 50.00%
Total: 100 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

The_Rob posted:

I was thinking about when Kenny Omega finally won the title from Okada and how after it truly felt like something big had happened. Like it really felt like a changing of the guard. When is the last time you saw a title change in wwe and it felt like any kind of deal at all.

There's been some since that felt like less important versions, more like they're just going to push someone good that they haven't pushed in the past, and the hope for fresh new matches... but in terms of something truly big, I think the last time I felt this way was Bryan beating all of Evolution at Wrestlemania. They had listened to fan reactions, they had pushed someone that does not fit their model, and in fact pushed him over HHH and HHH's hand-picked stars in one night. It felt like maybe they realized the same-ol-poo poo wasn't working. Then, if memory serves, it was a feud with Kane and becoming a farm.

I didn't watch when Becky won the title, so maybe I would have felt the same about that? But I no longer have any expectation that WWE will begin putting on a product I enjoy, so when I read the news I just thought "Oh, that's cool, good for her :)" rather than thinking it mattered at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

So once again, Bryan is the de facto face in in his feud, as he faces off against a real life brownshirt.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Baron Corbin posted:

mustafa ali should never win a match, final grade: F-

I'm glad you got fired.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Baron Corbin posted:

how do you guys think WWE is going to build up new stars now that they have no existing stars to pass the torch

By letting their vast stable of incredibly talented wrestlers go out and put on matches for the crowd.

That's literally all they have to do. They employ a ton of seasoned hands who are used to putting together a match with little pre-planning or story run-up from the indies. Have them go out and do that while the writers sit down and chart out some storylines from the Rumble through Wrestlemania, and detail someone to keep Vince focused on the XFL and leave them alone.

Also drown Dunn in a grease trap somewhere and get a capable human being to do cinematography.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Dec 19, 2018

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

me at 9:45 - "Man Spiderman was awesome, I should probably get ready to go to bed soon. I guess I'll check in on my threads. OK they're saying Smackdown was good I guess I'll fire up the DVR and just skip the parts I'm not interested in"

me at 11:30 - "gently caress"

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

MotU posted:

end the brand split and just live stream wrestling 24 hours a day every day

I'm down to bring back the 24/7 hardcore title.

gently caress, put it on Bray Wyatt, and have him just start jumping wrestlers in the middle of travel or out in the local area and racking up wins for his record. It'd be hilarious.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
You joke, but the 24/7 Hardcore Title coming back would be PERFECT for bite-sized 2-3 minute long social media posts.

"BREAKING NEWS! (Wrestler A) has lost the Hardcore title to a random dentist in Nebraska after the dentist pinned him during a routine cleaning procedure!"

Bring in R-Truth and Heath Slater for the comedy stuff. Have Slater lose the title to a dog or a ladder or something, DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight Title-style.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Introduce a 24/7 title and have it only be booked by wrestlers.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

excuse me vince changed everything and shook it up look at all the new faces and feuds

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
Was it just me or did the crowd seem super not into the Smackdown main event? It seemed like a super fun match to me.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GrimGypsy posted:

excuse me vince changed everything and shook it up look at all the new faces and feuds

Almas, Sanity and Gallows and Anderson all showed up on Smackdown :unsmith:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

This would be a brilliant move so naturally it's never going to happen.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Been done before
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISQY7YMvn-g

What I'm saying is give Chuckie T the book.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Gaz-L posted:

So all you need to work as a straightforward face in WWE is 20 years of experience at it and to be one of the top 10 workers in the world for most of that time.

Vince needs to be a fan of yours as well.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Yesss. Go full carny. I wanna see Heath Slater pin someone in a grocery store parking lot and drive off in the family minivan with the title.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

JesusIsTehCool posted:

Was it just me or did the crowd seem super not into the Smackdown main event? It seemed like a super fun match to me.

I mean, the crowd has virtually no familiarity with Ali and Almas. I thought it was a fine idea to stick them in the match so people associate them with main event guys like Bryan and AJ, but I wasn't surprised the crowd was quiet for the most part. Almas has been missing almost since he was drafted and never had any real promos or character building.

I think SD and RAW tried to do the same half hearted "shake-up" this week but SD did it better. RAW had Tyler Breeze as the upset challenger, SD had Ali but he actually won and they repeatedly put over his personal story and how he had earned this opportunity. RAW had The Revival becoming the latest challengers, SD had The Club and Sanity basically just show up to remind everyone they exist and that the tag division is more than 3 teams.

I think if they actually stick with something and commit, people will start to care about the new wrestlers. In the meantime, I kinda like the weird WCW Nitro quality of these match-ups

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

They haven't hosed up SmackDown yet, but Paige getting "fired" is some bullshit.

Also, please keep Vince's corpse away from TV, tia.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

So I wanted to watch the latest TLC but it's down for me?
http://network.wwe.com/video/v2520999883/?contentId=&contextType=wwe-show&contextId=tables_ladders_chairs

Does this happen a lot?

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

NikkolasKing posted:

So I wanted to watch the latest TLC but it's down for me?
http://network.wwe.com/video/v2520999883/?contentId=&contextType=wwe-show&contextId=tables_ladders_chairs

Does this happen a lot?

The link you posted is down for me as well, but going to the PPV section worked: http://network.wwe.com/video/v2521176383?contextType=wwe-show&contextId=tables_ladders_chairs

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

J-Ro posted:

The link you posted is down for me as well, but going to the PPV section worked: http://network.wwe.com/video/v2521176383?contextType=wwe-show&contextId=tables_ladders_chairs

Sweet, thanks.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Dimebags Brain posted:

So once again, Bryan is the de facto face in in his feud, as he faces off against a real life brownshirt.

"dude... are you a cop? seriously are you still a cop? don't mess with me you gotta tell me if you're still a cop" lmao that would be awesome.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Bryan needs to feud with a face who points out that 70% of pollution is produced by the top 100 companies, or whatever that stat is.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

When is Bryan going to start requesting the legalization of weed? And then how soon agree that does RVD return to join him?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Bryan will introduce his new tag team partner....

Gritty.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Codependent Poster posted:

When is Bryan going to start requesting the legalization of weed? And then how soon agree that does RVD return to join him?

Dagnabit, now I really wanna see odd couple tag team of nonplussed heel environmentalist Bryan with ”relax, dude...” :350: :shrug: RVD

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Mustafa Ali saw the Nia push and went into business for himself, trying to end Bryan's career. If he'd succeeded, Vince would've given him the belt.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

GrimGypsy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaOgZwk9rN8

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

JesusIsTehCool posted:

The two non-stars were in there with each other for way too much.

Warthur
May 2, 2004

bradzilla posted:

Just like the PR firestorm of proceeding with doing a show in Saudi Arabia.
PR firestorms are much comfier to sit through when they come with fat bags of cash. So far as I can tell nobody's dangling absurd amounts of money at them to get them to go back to bra and panties match the same way the Saudis threw money at them.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Warthur posted:

PR firestorms are much comfier to sit through when they come with fat bags of cash. So far as I can tell nobody's dangling absurd amounts of money at them to get them to go back to bra and panties match the same way the Saudis threw money at them.

The joke is that there was no firestorm.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Bryan will introduce his new tag team partner....

Gritty.

Please don’t get my hopes up

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Vince: "You fans are the authority now! We're going to give you what you want to see!"

*Comrade Gritty starts constructing a guillotine in the middle of the ring*

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
This plays into our wishful thinking but it is honestly true. And just use your eyes. But I am told Daniel Bryan and AJ Styles are Mustafa Ali's biggest advocates. They pushed for him very hard. In contrast to previous times Bryan is using his power now, he knows he is in the driver's seat a lot. No one dislikes him in the locker room, guys like Randy Orton and even Undertaker respect him. He is their leader now.

rovert fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Dec 19, 2018

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mustafa Ali actually being promoted to a real boy is bewildering, never thought they'd go for pushing him like this. give him any belt immediately

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Oh, I was fairly sure the match last week was down to Bryan, especially with how much he gave Ali (and making sure he avoided the 054, rather than kicking out of it like someone else might've) and there's no way the McMahons would put him over Bryan unless Bryan was pushing for it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Ali is Alex Wright to Bryan's Ric Flair.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
As if I needed another reason to love Bryan. You are too good for this world, buddy.

Warthur
May 2, 2004

MotU posted:

end the brand split and just live stream wrestling 24 hours a day every day
You could bring back the hardcore belt and have a stream literally just following the current champion around all day.

EDIT: Whoops never mind, that'll teach me to not read to the end of the thread.

Warthur fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Dec 19, 2018

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Thank you blessed Daniel Bryan and AJ for helping build new stars as the 300 writers and Vince are unable to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
weird how the inmates run the asylum way better than the guy constantly trying to stop them from doing so