Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Podima posted:

Thanks! My only concern here is that you're still not really putting a firm opinion down on Humalong at this point in time, third on a "would vote" list doesn't go a long way. We can address it tomorrow since your point about lurker rules is valid.

This is at least in part because I don't know that I have a solid call on Hum. Like, sure, I thought he was town after day 1, but the play since then doesn't convince me of that, so...wavering a bit.

Mr. Humalong posted:

jimmy, pod, FL, and DB are all also under 10 posts for the day but no one has mentioned them :thunk:

Right so the thing about that is that if we compare your first few posts of the day to, say, mine, there's, IMO, a pretty big content disparity.

(Also, I totally did mention DB, and I think someone else did too!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Flying Leatherman posted:

Right so the thing about that is that if we compare your first few posts of the day to, say, mine, there's, IMO, a pretty big content disparity.

:rolleyes:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

But not in the same post.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Humalong posted:

The lurker rule would only put me on notice, not make me freely lunchable.

Also of note: jimmy, pod, FL, and DB are all also under 10 posts for the day but no one has mentioned them :thunk:

TM made exactly 10 posts and then left after dropping a vote on me.

It is kinda weird that nobody but me seems to be pointing out Jimmy specifically. He bit on your "narrow to MMT/Pod" thing at the start of the day, and upon reread I'm not liking what I see.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Podima posted:

It is kinda weird that nobody but me seems to be pointing out Jimmy specifically. He bit on your "narrow to MMT/Pod" thing at the start of the day, and upon reread I'm not liking what I see.

I noticed the same thing but his stuff day 1 and day 2 seems mostly town so I'm not really sure. Like I had a jimmy post ready to go and then I reread his earlier stuff and was like "well gently caress there's not much here for me to point out"

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
AA seems town to me

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

There has been an interesting trend so far that scum have night killed Toalpaz and hambeet, who were either the top poster at the time of their death or the 2nd place. Now it's MMT (someone most people read as town) and me (someone about half the people read as town and the rest are wrong and think I'm scum or waffle endlessly about me).

Will scum continue the boring meta of removing "active" posters and kill MMT? Will they remove a fairly easy bus and kill me? Will they go for a curveball and kill someone else, casting suspicion on MMT for surviving the night?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Kashuno posted:

AA seems town to me

Really? You don't find it weird that his D3 opinion of me was based on what I did on D1 only?

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Regarding FL, early game I was a strong advocate for her play when you initially provoked her.

Your points aren't empty regarding her associations d1, BUT i feel I've quoted you where your own associations and wavering convictions look bad even if no one else agrees.

Primarily surrounding the vote on solus and unvote.

I've gone back and forth on your alignment the most and where I end up with you also directly impacts my take on FL given the early game.

It leads me to think, if MMT is scum.... FL is probably also scum.

If MMT is not scum Fl is probably not scum.

And that's a dicey place to be because frankly I dont think FL is scum, but I think your day 1 play regarding FL prior to the move to solus and eventually merk at this point entirely looks like a bus.

Especially with how strangely FL initially voted humalong.

Unrelated to this game, I hilariously thought huma was an FL parachute lol. I'm dumb.

Back on track, huma is my next biggest question.

I see the pod case but he said he's been travelling, and like I said regarding his play. It's been over a span of like 5 hours altogether.

I'd vote there just because we are so far into the game and I feel like I dont have a real tell for him. Completely null.

Feel better about you or Huma.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Humalong posted:

I noticed the same thing but his stuff day 1 and day 2 seems mostly town so I'm not really sure. Like I had a jimmy post ready to go and then I reread his earlier stuff and was like "well gently caress there's not much here for me to point out"

I mean I see stuff there that makes me raise an eyebrow. Easy link to his post history for others: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876723&userid=204956&perpage=40&pagenumber=2

Day 1: Hops onto the MMT vote and then hops off and started going after Toalpaz instead for reasons that feel defensive upon reread.

jimmydalad posted:

Care to expand on why this is a case of scum against town? I’m fairly new so I’m not wise onto the way of picking these things up, but I’m not 100% sure how to infer from just this argument that it is likely scum vs town. I’m not saying there isn’t a possibility, but I’m not 100% sure where the logic is coming from.

I can see your arguments about MMT but not sure where the throughline is for FL vs MMT being scum vs town.

jimmydalad posted:

My question for MMT being scum was that if it was the case that she was trying to curb discussion or cut off the momentum that FL was building with his vote on Humalong, what reason would she have to stop that momentum? It wasn’t like she was being suspected. She only came into question after making that post. If she was trying to cut off momentum to vote off a scum bud, it feels like a risk to stick your neck out like that and it wasn’t like the momentum that FL was building was significant enough to risk worrying. I don’t think MMT is the type of person to be twitchy and overreact to suspicion being thrown on their scum buddy.

Flying Leatherman (for context to what apparently changed Jimmy's mind) posted:

So from my perspective I think you are drawing a connection that isn't there. I am not saying that MMT was trying to protect Humalong, just that her post was meant to discourage content posting in general. The content I posted isn't relevant except in the context of trying to move the game out of jokephase.

jimmydalad posted:

Ohhh, I think I’m getting the picture. I’m happy to put my vote in that direction. #vote MMT

jimmydalad posted:

Uhh, are you [Toal] not going to push a vote onto me? You’ve been shading me the entire time, put me on your list of scum multiple times and then not want to vote for me or even mention me in your list of people you want to vote for?

I mean I’ll take it, but it feels like apart from MMT, you’re just trying to jump from one opportune target to another.

jimmydalad posted:

Toal, your thoughts on who is scum are all over the place. You’ve thrown suspicion on pretty much every person in the game except for Solus, BottleKnight and Mr Humalong. Apart from MMT, it feels like there hasn’t been a consistent through line on your thoughts on scum. You heavily threw suspicion on me in the beginning of the day and now you aren’t even mentioning me in the conversation of voting for scum. It feels like names are just being thrown out there and you’re seeing which ones are able to gain momentum.

##vote Toalpaz

jimmydalad posted:

You’ve thrown my name out twice as scum, have inferred my actions as scummy and the only thing you’ve expanded on is me being hedgey. You mentioned me being scummy a lot early on. Don’t try and rewrite stuff.0

From here he put the 5th vote down on merk (-2) before jumping back to Solus and then finally back to the merk execution (4th vote) largely based on the emotional appeal thing. Given how the merk execution shook out I am hesitant to give someone credit for it when they were jumping back and forth. (And yes, I recognize this includes me.)

Day 2: Cases me for being wrong about merk, does a lurker callout that turns into a vote when nobody bites on his casing of me, and defends himself in a way that is actually not true at all:

jimmydalad posted:

While I do appreciate the vote, I’d like to hear your [TM] voice and opinions since you’re pretty much an enigma at this point.

jimmydalad posted:

Alongside that, if I was scum, why would I be one of the first people to move my vote back onto Merk and refuse to vote Solus? It would be much easier to just throw my vote on Solus and say I was going to bed and not move my vote. It was late at night in the UK at deadline.

jimmydalad posted:

I’m gonna throw a vote down on TM because of their criminal inactivity yesterday and generally their gameplay is making me ???

Day 3: Still pushing on me, town read on MMT, and a whole lot of excusing and not much else. Traveling is one thing but saying "gonna catch up" and then never actually DOING it despite time elapsed is a scumtell in my book.

jimmydalad posted:

Will probably need to catch up with the thread to see if I have missed anything.

jimmydalad posted:

These time limits are a bit crap for me as I’m current in Sydney in transit to New Zealand. Sorry for being generally terrible this game.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

Really? You don't find it weird that his D3 opinion of me was based on what I did on D1 only?

Yeah I've called this out, I hate that he keeps making cases predicated on that D1 read and calling stuff bussing.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Podima posted:

Day 3: Still pushing on me, town read on MMT, and a whole lot of excusing and not much else. Traveling is one thing but saying "gonna catch up" and then never actually DOING it despite time elapsed is a scumtell in my book.

This is kind of in the same boat as "I'll be around for deadline" and then they're not in the realm of scum tells for me. But yeah, jimmy's day 3 has been real bad. I understand he's flying across the world but it's been almost 48 hours since the day started.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Is it enough to try and make a jimmy vote happen? Feels like a lurker vote which is uh...bad?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

90 minutes until deadline soooooooooo

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
gently caress phone posting, I deleted my response to podiums

Podima posted:

I freely admit I struggle with reading AA's stream of consciousness posts.

I think AA's tunneling hard on MMT if he's town and that's informing a lot of his reads which is causing issues. (I have a town read on MMT, significantly so.)

AA, as a thought exercise since I'm not voting MMT today and I doubt anyone else is: setting aside MMT and cases involving her, looking at your summary that leaves you with what?
- TM for snipey posting/lack of conviction
- FL for what, at this point? Jumping on Huma on D1? Anything beyond that?
- Me for my catch-up-posting style
- DB for being a non-entity

Help me untangle this, please.
TM for mostly what you say, but I also feel like some of the conclusions they arrive at aren't conclusions town would have arrived at.

FL mostly because of their involvement with MMT whom I believe is scum.

MMT even points to her own casing of FL several times before they've reached this concerted effort today and it's strange especially given the examples of what I believed to be bussing.

You for your dismissals and what I believed to be somewhat convictionless posting yourself.

There are too many lurkers for that to be fair of DB I'll give him that and the same to others who are busy or away.

I'm mostly looking at who is here and what has been put down and the timing as well.

I mean my strongest reads and gut feels surround MMT and by association FL.

So other than that probably TM as I've suggested previously.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Murmur Twin posted:

And I followed up with perceived bussing examples from subsequent days as well.

When you asked about how I felt with it relation to your cases on FL I addressed it then as well.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I'd talk about the read on me, but it's hard to rebut a read on me predicated almost entirely on another player's posts (aside from the stuff I've already talked about forever ago).

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
AA is putting a lot of work in and I feel their reads are real

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
actually I am going to comment a little bit because this was earlier today

And that's a dicey place to be because frankly I dont think FL is scum

and now I am your strongest read after MMT, if I'm reading your last post right? Where is that evolution coming from?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Eh whatever deadline etc ##vote AA

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

AA is putting a lot of work in and I feel their reads are real

why are you not loving commenting on anyone else's case then?!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

why are you not loving commenting on anyone else's case then?!

I’m playing smash bros

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress phone posting, I deleted my response to podiums

TM for mostly what you say, but I also feel like some of the conclusions they arrive at aren't conclusions town would have arrived at.

FL mostly because of their involvement with MMT whom I believe is scum.

MMT even points to her own casing of FL several times before they've reached this concerted effort today and it's strange especially given the examples of what I believed to be bussing.

You for your dismissals and what I believed to be somewhat convictionless posting yourself.

There are too many lurkers for that to be fair of DB I'll give him that and the same to others who are busy or away.

I'm mostly looking at who is here and what has been put down and the timing as well.

I mean my strongest reads and gut feels surround MMT and by association FL.

So other than that probably TM as I've suggested previously.

gently caress it, AA can't even keep from going on about MMT when I asked him to do the exact opposite and it's going to be an apathy execution because we have lovely lurky players so ##vote AA I'm going to go do other things with my evening.

Other players: Please look back at my Jimmy case tomorrow if I'm not around and actually try playing. This game has been rife with bad mafia behavior and it's disrespectful to Max so cut it out please.

:redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Good riddance, Anomalous Amalgam!

Votecount for Day 3

Anomalous Amalgam (5): Murmur Twin, Tired Moritz, Tired Moritz, Flying Leatherman, Mr. Humalong, Kashuno, Podima
Mr. Humalong (1): Tired Moritz
Tired Moritz (1): Anomalous Amalgam
Kashuno (1): Dick Bastardly
Podima (0): Kashuno, Kashuno
Murmur Twin (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam

Not Voting (1): jimmydalad

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 18th, 2018 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 57 minutes.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Podima posted:

Other players: Please look back at my Jimmy case tomorrow if I'm not around and actually try playing. This game has been rife with bad mafia behavior and it's disrespectful to Max so cut it out please.

:redhammer:

:agreed:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Almost forgot deadline, looked at vote finder looks like its ##vote AA

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
:redhammer: :sweatdrop:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Players currently ON NOTICE

Dick Bastardly
jimmydalad
Tired Moritz

If these players fail to make at least 10 game posts by end of Day 4, they will become freely lunchable

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The Castle was a ruin. Bodies of nacent dreams and nightmares littered the grounds

Whispered to death, clawed to death, stabbed to death.

All were made from the mind and embodiment that was Dream himself, and he was tired of the hunt.

The Furies continued they slow stalking, thinking, for a moment, that they had taken mastery of his domain.

Until they bumped into glass.

Placing their hand against the clear partition, they realized (too late) what had happened.

Dream gazed from outside the small glass jar, before placing it upon his shelf.

"This is my domain" he said quietly, before turning and shutting the door to the now forgotten cupboard, never to see the light of day again.

But that was not the end of Dreams problems

Anomalous Amalgam, The Furies, Fury Aligned (Scum) Goon, was hunted and captured by Dream on Day 3.

It is now Night 3, please get my your actions

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The remaining Dreams, Nightmares, Gods, etc. that inhabit The Dreaming went to work putting things back to order.

Dream sat alone in his vast throne room, the bodies of his more notable works and visitors strewn out in front of him. He sat, still thinking, because something wasn't quite right.

----------------

The Corinthian was eating the eyes of the dead. Long had he fed upon the eyes of the living, waking world. Rarely did he get to taste the eyes of another dream, or another god, and see reality as they see it.

He stopped at the body of some unidentifiable dream, its body constantly morphing from one form to another, never quite resolving into a single object. It's body was stuck in a single position, its back arched, its fist clenching the ground, and its face displaying a look of pure, unadulterated, ecstasy

Quick as you like, he plucked it's eyes from its head, and fed himself, wondering what the last thing was that this poor dream experienced.

He saw, looking down on him from the fresh eyes of the poor dead dream, the most beautiful person he had ever seen.

And then he died.

----------------

Dream felt a shiver run down his spine.

Kashuno, The Corinthian, Dreaming Aligned (Town), Vanilla, succumbed to ecstasy Night 3

It is now Day 4. Deadline is Friday at 9PM EST

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (7): Dick Bastardly, Flying Leatherman, jimmydalad, Mr. Humalong, Murmur Twin, Podima, Tired Moritz

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 21st, 2018 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 10 hours.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
##vote jimmy

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I feel the best about FL and MMT. Feel the worst about DickyB and jimmy. Neutral on pod and TM.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

DB’s hilariously late vote doesn’t help his standing in my eyes

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I agree my vote looks real bad, but it literally was me looking at the clock, going "oh poo poo", checking viewfinder to see who the leader was and putting down a vote. I remember there was 5 votes on AA and my immediate thought was "I have to hammer! Quick!" I knew I had only minutes before time was up. It didn't occur to me that AA had already been hammered and it was 5 to lunch vice 6 (I just assumed I was going to be the hammer) obviously I didn't pay enough attention.

I'm still at work, but will re-read AA and see what comes up from that later.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Hello everyone! Apologies for my generally lovely play. I underestimated just how badly jet lag would affect my ability to play and that alongside all the flying I have done recently have had a huge effect in my ability to play and generally be good. I haven’t really been following the thread a lot since I’ve been busy with flights and general exhaustion has made it hard to do anything but sleep. I know in the past I promised I would follow the thread, but with everything that’s been going on atm, I’ve been having a hard time really motivating myself to read through everything that has been discussed previously. I’d rather not just throw out a vote when I haven’t been properly following the thread and in general my motivation the past few days has been non-existent.

With that out of the way, I’m going to discuss Pod’s case of me.

Early game, I had hesitation with MMT but eventually joined onto the vote because I thought that FL was making a decent point. I didn’t think at the time that it was only MMT’s first serious vote and I probably should have taken that into context when I was possibly suspicious of them.

I will admit that my early game suspicion of Toalpaz was in retrospect more defensive in nature cause I was reading them from the prospect of them thinking I was suspicious before and not giving a good reason why. I also felt like early on they were all over the place and had thrown votes nearly everywhere. It probably was a more reactive read since I knew I was town and it felt like they were trying to throw out names and see which one stuck. As the day did go on, I did feel better about them.

With regards to me saying I was one of the first to move the vot back onto Merk and not vote Solus, I feel like you’re just taking the raw vote numbers without thinking about the actual context. Before the emotional appeal, only Toal and Humalong had votes on Merk while myself, Kash, Pod, MMT and Merk had moved over onto Solus. I was the one who tried to encourage Solus to argue and not to just roll over and die.

jimmydalad posted:

Giving up really doesn’t help yourself or town. If you are Town, argue why you are Town! The worst thing you can do as town is just roll over and let yourself get lynched.

jimmydalad posted:

It feels like I’m shooting a puppy :smith:

jimmydalad posted:

Refute and argue against the case made against you. Explain your reasoning and stare where your mindset was. That’s normally a good start.

jimmydalad posted:

If you argue, you can try and see who is making disingenuous arguments or putting the vote onto you in a way that is suspicious.

Alongside that, while MMT was the first person to move their vote away, I was pretty much right behind her and was the one that provided an argument as to why Solus emotionposting was a town read.

jimmydalad posted:

I’m honestly getting shades of Sal in CYOR with Solus atm. I can’t imagine a scum Solus playing dejected this well plus if he was scum, he’d be talking with scum chat to try and get a way out of this.

I was only jumping back and forth during the time when legitimate arguments were being made as to why the votes were going in that direction. At the time, Pod came into the thread and argued that Solus was a better case than Merk. I felt like his case had merit and that was why I initially moved my vote to Solus. Once Solus emotion posted, I got a strong town read from him and out of the group that swung onto Solus, I was the second person to swing back to Merk and provided an argument as to why the emotion post is a legitimate town read. Toal and Huma were pretty much locked onto Merk at that point and that was why I didn’t include them in my argument post of being one of first to vote for Merk. I was arguing from the context of those who we’re part of the Solus voteswing.

I honestly feel like that if I was a scum player, I had no reason to voice my arguments for Solus being town or for moving my vote back onto Merk alongside MMT. If I had stuck my vote onto Solus, there would have been a significantly higher chance that Solus would have gotten lynched as Toalpaz would’ve moved their vote onto Solus to prevent a mislynch, as demonstrated by their action of voting for Solus right at the end when it looked like a no lynch was happening, and the people who voted near the end would’ve probably joined the person with the vote lead, which would’ve been Solus. While an argument could be made for me trying to get town cred, doing so at the cost of a scum player in a C9-ish set-up is pretty unreasonable as having scum players alive is such a huge advantage in these games in particular to get to LYLO threshold quicker & Merk was a strong enough player that if he had another day, he could probably talk his way out of it.

I’ve discussed my defense and why it is legitimate. As for the Pod casing and lurker callout, I will admit this was during the time when I was travelling and was more preoccupied with packing/getting stuff ready/worrying about flights than paying full attention to the thread. Real life extends into my day 3 play. I still was mostly glancing at the thread and not really giving it my undivided attention. I didn’t really read the posts too strongly and still felt bad about Pod based on how day 1 shook up. I have a strong town read on MMT because of her being the first to flip back onto Solus and being the first to take action based on her misgivings on Solus emotion posting. I cannot see the benefit of any scum player flipping back onto bussing Merk with the context at the time. That’s my primary strong read of MMT, though if anything in the thread has caused that to change, I haven’t read it as I’ve mostly been glancing over.

I know my defence of my Day 2 and 3 gameplay has been pretty lacklustre. I don’t really have much more arguments to give apart from my life being incredibly busy and not being conducive towards reading and posting. I’m sorry to everyone for my lovely play this game and I genuinely feel bad about how things have turned out atm.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Apologies to people if I came off as unnecessarily harsh yesterday. I still maintain that I wish people would try to win the games of mafia that they sign up for but I wish I expressed that better. That said, woo we got another one! :peanut:

Coming into d4, I'm starting to grow more and more suspicious of Pod. :sadpeanut:

1. I can't think of a logical reason for any other scum to have NK'ed Kash last night (who was suspicious of Pod / barely playing / would have made a great patsy today) over me (who leaned town on Pod / was active on both scum executions / most people seem to lean town on I think?).
2. He's gone out of his way a few times to mention a town read on me, and has agreed with a majority of my opinions. Historically I have a blind spot for scum who buddy up to me and I'm pretty sure Pod knows that.
3. Despite being in on the merk/AA cases, his primary push on each day has been on someone else (Toal on d1, Solus/IP on d2, jimmy on d3)

I'm not going to vote yet since we're nearing the end of the game but right now I think Pod is near the top of my list.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Your [Kashuno's] pod case isnt terrible. I just find you to be a player who drops a lead and lets the thread do the work for you. Was hoping for some reiteration, perhaps more?

---

I see the pod case but he said he's been travelling, and like I said regarding his play. It's been over a span of like 5 hours altogether.

---

I'm drawing attention to goings on in this thread that appear to me as bussing. Your [Pod's] assessment of my play up to this point has been hyperbolic and inaccurate, but like I said in this, TM looks worse. I doubt they even read your case and just said ho hum this seems like a good place to rest a vote.

You demand I show my work, and then cite that you aren't going to quote my work.

Are you scum pod? Are you and TM scum together? lol

---

Podima: I've explained through timestamps how he was catch up posting previously, but this is borderline egregious and I for one don't know if he believes his own work. This late in the game it's pretty suspicious.

AA mentioned / interacted with Pod a few times on D3 but seemed very reluctant to make an actual alignment call on him.

Podima posted:

gently caress it, AA can't even keep from going on about MMT when I asked him to do the exact opposite and it's going to be an apathy execution because we have lovely lurky players so ##vote AA I'm going to go do other things with my evening.

Even though Pod was active on D3 and involved in casing AA, he didn't actually throw out a vote until the very end of the day and only after it was clear that no one was going to be around to move the vote. I think his suspicion of AA reads like a bus.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

also I mean this isn't really a case or any actual content. I get that Pod is traveling but hey them's the breaks. the Solus stuff isn't really re-examined in light of the merk flip, and there is no real thought on IP.

Pod really comes out at FL and TM in day 2 but doesn't really hint they will go that way and in fact never do.

Podima is going through the motions this game. Travel + Mafia was a mistake scumbo!!

---

It's weird you feel it's "non-genuine" because IP didn't make hard calls on his first day in as a replacement. I don't think anything IP did was particularly suspect in those posts you quote other than indicate they were looking for scum. They really did put forth some effort and it's strange to characterize it as otherwise. It's ridiculous to think people have to have super hard reads on their first day in a game to be genuine in their hunting

With the gift of a clearer head, I can admit that I think Kash was on to something here.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I mean, I’ve been suspicious of Pod from Day 2 so I’d be up for a vote on him. I could make an argument of him trying to push a case on me 90 mins from deadline. I feel like it’s odd that he brought up that case so quick at the end. Maybe it’s more harsh in hindsight considering that AA flipped scum and I could be doing an OMGUS so I’m not going to give my vote to Pod just yet.

Plus there’s argument that can be made for scum!MMT killing Kash and using that to build an argument on Pod.

MMT, what are your thoughts on Pod’s case on me and my rebuttal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Ok, so I've re-read AA.

AA talked about and put suss on a handful of players, some of whom have flipped town and the others I could see as being town.

This lead me to think "who is AA not talking about?"

TM is the player that came to mind.

Then I read this series of posts:

Solus alluded to being useful with their role. I dont know how a backup satisfies that. Still max specifies variant so it isnt impossible, but it is a fortunate claim to make without implicating themselves.

Sorry I haven't been around, probably wont be around much.

I can kind of see a case for TM, in that they came in with some generally weird takes and play including suggesting that I might be 3p, low content overall and jokes as real content is being revealed. So I'll probably end up there.

Solus drew a lot of heat and seemed fairly genuine, but alludes tor. IP claims back up which is suspicious but like I said Max said it's a variant setup so it's possible

Plus I really didn't see the case on solus from d1.

##vote TM

Would also vote beet and maybe Kash.

I guess he also does specify the wording about what to expect role wise.

It's probably too far into setup spec and mod gaming to determine whether or not a backup role is likely...

##unvote

I'll think about it some I guess. I'll be back closer to deadline. L

all of which came within a span of five minutes. AA does mention a few posts later that TM would be a good vote for low content posting, but I think AA lacks a substantial case against TM. It's reads like AA is putting TM out there just to appear like they have a townie opinion. But now it looks a little more like it could be light bussing (that at the time AA probably thought wouldn't go anywhere and thus scumbro TM would be safe)

next item,

Regarding FL, early game I was a strong advocate for her play when you initially provoked her.

Your points aren't empty regarding her associations d1, BUT i feel I've quoted you where your own associations and wavering convictions look bad even if no one else agrees.

Primarily surrounding the vote on solus and unvote.

I've gone back and forth on your alignment the most and where I end up with you also directly impacts my take on FL given the early game.

It leads me to think, if MMT is scum.... FL is probably also scum.

If MMT is not scum Fl is probably not scum.

And that's a dicey place to be because frankly I dont think FL is scum, but I think your day 1 play regarding FL prior to the move to solus and eventually merk at this point entirely looks like a bus.

Especially with how strangely FL initially voted humalong.

Unrelated to this game, I hilariously thought huma was an FL parachute lol. I'm dumb.

Back on track, huma is my next biggest question.

I'd vote there just because we are so far into the game and I feel like I dont have a real tell for him. Completely null.

Feel better about you or Huma.

AA pushes MMT hard probably more than any other player. Knowing that AA is scum now gives a lot of credit to MMT and makes the bolded part above look weird as it relates to FL (another player in addition to TM that is sparsely featured in AA's posting). I had weird gut feels about FL early so now I think i'll re-read FL and see where that goes.

All being said, I lean scum on TM (not only for how AA treats TM but also for their lack luster play as well) and am slightly suss of FL based on AA's "is MMT town, FL town too" comment.