Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
MUSK!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

av/post combo

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

*click*, except it's the sound of a car falling apart

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Lord Stimperor posted:

Serious question why did they build a frickin elevator and not just a shallow ramp that can't break down

Tony Stark would have an elevator

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Houston has been ready for this poo poo for years.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

orcinus posted:

You know what fascinates me about LA?

Everyone's perfectly fine being stuck in traffic on the highway for hours at a time, while small roads are almost completely free of traffic.
They're deteriorating in a lot of places, and are not being serviced properly, because no one is using them, because everyone's on the highways, talking how there should be more highways, or some other means of making the traffic more efficient. While like 75% of the total surface area of LA roads stays underused and mismanaged.

if you ever get the chance to visit a big european city, use the metro network as much as you can. metros are really, really good and you'll never want more highways or side roads again. i feel so nerdy for thinking that was super cool in every city i visited, but coming from a city with a similar problem on a much smaller scale it just so nice and convenient and i miss it a lot now that im home.

underage at the vape shop has issued a correction as of 23:54 on Dec 20, 2018

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

infernal machines posted:

What, are you some kind of Tesla short?

Show us the shares drgitlin

Like I get paid enough to own shares! ;)

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Iron Crowned posted:

On top of that, water passes through concrete, so those tunnels would become Musky as gently caress in no time.

underage at the vape shop posted:

if you ever get the chance to visit a big european city, use the metro network as much as you can. metros are really, really good and you'll never want more highways or side roads again.

I did and i don’t.
Same goes for Tokyo.

OTOH, Bangkok is another wonderful counter-example, but they have both fairly capacious highways and very decent roads, and they use both, and it still becomes a useless mess during rush hour. No subway, and the buses are fairly useless.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/haveigotnews/status/1075776379986141191

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

lol

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

orcinus posted:

I did and i don’t.
Same goes for Tokyo.

OTOH, Bangkok is another wonderful counter-example, but they have both fairly capacious highways and very decent roads, and they use both, and it still becomes a useless mess during rush hour. No subway, and the buses are fairly useless.

I'm not sure what you mean by bangkok but seriously how good are metros. i really hope musks bullshit doesn't turn a generation away from them because they are some sick poo poo. if i ever get a chance to be a politician it'd be my entire campaign tbqh

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

underage at the vape shop posted:

I'm not sure what you mean by bangkok but seriously how good are metros. i really hope musks bullshit doesn't turn a generation away from them because they are some sick poo poo. if i ever get a chance to be a politician it'd be my entire campaign tbqh

I mean Bangkok is an excellent example of what happens when you you hope to solve the problem by just building more (and wider) roads. It does have a skytrain, but it’s coverage is pretty much lagging behind the demand by about 5 years (at least what it looked like).

Edit: just read they’re doing a massive expansion of the BTS... good on them.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Bangkok metro was awesome when I was there but that was my first experience with an actual good public transit system

Singapore/KL was much better tho so even then I could see contrasts

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Taipei Metro is absurdly good.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Everything in the Netherlands owns so hard. Single card, nation wide, bus to train.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/WombatPickled/status/1075883269365784576?s=20

Whomp whomp.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/kendrawcandraw/status/1075866763852681217

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

I have still been hoping for more info on his water fountain donation because all of the sources about it stated that it relied on UV to remove lead. I tried to research the company they were using for it too and it was apparently a think tank... I can't fault the dude for donating money to school systems that need it, but the hero status given is absurd. And of course with the laptops they're lovely rear end chromebooks; which are probably fine for middle schoolers but the article is suggesting this will allow them to completely revamp their curriculum and some other nonsense. And of course there will be plenty of people who look at this and think "yup, this is why we should have more charter schools and we should just cut public school funding, billionaires will donate some money to do basically jackshit! yay!"

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It's funny how Musk is fat and has a hosed up looking face (presumably from the plastic surgery), but still uses some photo that hides it as his Twitter icon.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

it's wild that they're too busy to push an loving email that shows up on their goddamn ipads that lets people know they've got a car that could suddenly become uncontrollable.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1075776717011050496

LOL, no he won't, these are union workers.

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier

:sbahj:

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

Jesus did they accidentally dig up the ark of covenant, it's like we watching his face melt in slow motion

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

BioMe posted:

Jesus did they accidentally dig up the ark of covenant, it's like we watching his face melt in slow motion

he's z'dar-ing

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/awalkerinla/status/1075790531052003330?s=21

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I've been making lithium jokes for awhile, but is Musk legit bipolar? It would certainly explain many of his comments.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Neat

saw an encouraging presentation from Joy Forbes, NBCUniversal’s vice president of planning. The company launched a pilot program earlier this year that offered employees subsidized fare cards, provided incentives for choosing non-car modes, and paired transit-curious first-time riders with transit-riding mentors.
Six months later, the number of NBCUniversal employees in the program who report driving alone to work has gone from 59 percent to 14 percent. The percentage of those who report riding public transit to work went from 19 percent to a whopping 59 percent. The mode-share (as planners call it) essentially flipped.
Numbers like that have the potential to get a lot of cars off the road during peak hours.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
God drat his face is wide.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
I mean, i'm chubs, but this is a whole new level.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

SardonicTyrant posted:

I've been making lithium jokes for awhile, but is Musk legit bipolar? It would certainly explain many of his comments.

no, he’s just a moron

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

in awe at the bloat of this lad

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

musk needs to lay off the coke or upgrade to crack

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
and legend has it, ol' Husky Musk's ego grew three sizes that day

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

https://twitter.com/mark27883625/status/1075763150874501120?s=20

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
“gently caress it, here’s your car”

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

The flaming dog poop doorstep prank, but it's your tesla.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

BioMe posted:

plastic surgery is a lot like bariatric surgery, where it requires upkeep and lifestyle commitments that I presume elon musk is not paying much attention to, so all of the work he's had is sloughing off

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
The casket from the movie Brazil but it opens like a Delorean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

TheDon01 posted:

The flaming dog poop doorstep prank, but it's your tesla.