Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Picked up Elite Dangerous this week on deep sale and it’s really fun. Sometimes I’m a space taxi, sometimes I’m a bounty hunter, sometimes I hunt bounties with a passenger in the back. Limitless possibilities in this sandbox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Think I'll replay a Paper Mario: TTYD

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

tao of lmao posted:

Picked up Elite Dangerous this week on deep sale and it’s really fun. Sometimes I’m a space taxi, sometimes I’m a bounty hunter, sometimes I hunt bounties with a passenger in the back. Limitless possibilities in this sandbox.

I got this a long time ago on sale but never tried it out. Let us know what you think.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Over There posted:

I got this a long time ago on sale but never tried it out. Let us know what you think.

I bought it on sunday and already have over 40 hours on it, if that’s any indication.

I imagine i’d have a different opinion had I played any of the previous iterations that didn’t have as much content. There’s just so much to do in this game now without a main story to speak of.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

tao of lmao posted:

I bought it on sunday and already have over 40 hours on it, if that’s any indication.

I imagine i’d have a different opinion had I played any of the previous iterations that didn’t have as much content. There’s just so much to do in this game now without a main story to speak of.

Woah, I think I'll be checking it out this weekend then.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Over There posted:

the best thing to do is 1) grind until you get enough credits for a diamondback explorer 2) throw on your preferred space tunes playlist 3) journey to the galactic center, taking photos along the way to build up your wallpaper collection 4) fly into the black hole and become one with eternity 5) delete the game

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Old Dirty Cumburgs posted:

Think I'll replay a Paper Mario: TTYD

been thinking about this lately too. just started Ocarina of Time though so ill prolly stick with that

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

SciFiDownBeat posted:

the best thing to do is 1) grind until you get enough credits for a diamondback explorer 2) throw on your preferred space tunes playlist 3) journey to the galactic center, taking photos along the way to build up your wallpaper collection 4) fly into the black hole and become one with eternity 5) delete the game

Like any sandbox game, setting and accomplishing your own goals is easily the most satisfying thing.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Might play some Celeste and Dark Souls. I’m tempted to pick up MHGU but I have so many other Switch games that I’ve barely touched

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Trying to decide between DQXI and Shenmue 1+2 for my holiday game...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

got all my holiday shopping done so smash, path, and monhun

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Smash and MHW and mhgu

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tyler posted:

Smash and MHW and mhgu

extremebuff posted:

got all my holiday shopping done so smash, path, and monhun

GOt 8 more quests till Rainbow Dye.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Trying to decide between DQXI and Shenmue 1+2 for my holiday game...

DQXI is extremely comfy gaming

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Picked up Blops2.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I was planning to play some overwatch but my WiFi is acting like my alcoholic uncle at last year's family holiday get together so I'm just gonna play Bloodborne and maybe smash

Your wifi is trying to save you, and your teammates.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Valkyria Chronicles

VWVWV
Jan 19, 2010

Had plans to play the incredibly epic Imp CYOA ARG when I get off work but I'll just have to play smash bros instead

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

VWVWV posted:

Had plans to play the incredibly epic Imp CYOA ARG when I get off work but I'll just have to play smash bros instead

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Probably ST, Smash, ST or Pathmans. Or Hitmans.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

VWVWV posted:

Lol

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

In Training posted:

GOt 8 more quests till Rainbow Dye.

Which one? I have it in mhw but not mhgu

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tyler posted:

Which one? I have it in mhw but not mhgu

World. I don't think I could do it in GU, there's too much Content

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Brothermans and xenomans. I am deep into the mercenary and blade side quest business right now. Also been doing the arena quests to get swimsuits for the gang

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

VWVWV posted:

I'm pissed off I did t see this . Mods?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
My brother got MH:W in the Xbox sale too, so we’ve been playing that.

VWVWV
Jan 19, 2010

goferchan posted:

I'm pissed off I did t see this . Mods?

MS paint drawing of a building with two doors that had a "Welcome Imps" banner hung above. We were blessed with "12 turns per day" and it linked to a youtube video that I was legitimately afraid to watch so I didn't

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Stoned Playing Dark Souls

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

watched a video on the DQ composer and drat..lyle wasn't exaggerating he actually is a horrible warcrime denying xenophobe lol

it did make me wanna restart dq11 with the orchestral mod though

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Playing NES Baseball and Lost Paradise later

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

getting headaches squinting at Below

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

belowing a bunch of poo poo, out of my loving rear end!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

belowing a bunch of poo poo, out of my loving rear end!

i heard it was very boring

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

extremebuff posted:

i heard it was very boring

its a struggle even keeping my eyes focused on it. no idea what they spent the past couple years working on

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I only have 1 screen left in Celeste. I will finish it tonight.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

VWVWV posted:

MS paint drawing of a building with two doors that had a "Welcome Imps" banner hung above. We were blessed with "12 turns per day" and it linked to a youtube video that I was legitimately afraid to watch so I didn't

Whoa. Stay safe everyone

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

Whoa. Stay safe everyone

You’ve always been cool. Don’t go on YouTube tomorrow

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

I only have 1 screen left in Celeste. I will finish it tonight.
https://twitter.com/MattThorson/status/1076234281196736512?s=19

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i'm going to try to beat dq11 while i have t ime off work...took me a bunch of tries to beat the gloomeater or wahtever he was a real rng fest on hard mode. i got lucky on the fight i won he decided not to do his self buff spell over and over. THE actual rng boss after that i beat on my first try tho whew.