Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the McMahons FINALLY being back in charge?
This poll is closed.
Oh thank God, FINALLY! It's been so long! 5 5.00%
Who? It's been so long I forgot who they are! 1 1.00%
Is Jack Tunney okay? 44 44.00%
.... THE BIG DOG! 50 50.00%
Total: 100 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

VJeff posted:

I appreciate the impulse but what the hell do you do the night after that when you still have two split brands but both your belts are one show.

Give Becky a motorbike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

rovert posted:

The first Women's Wrestlemania main event should be title vs title. With Ronda as Raw Champion vs Becky as Smackdown Champion.

If it is just a Raw title match. I don't resent Charlotte being in it if it was a three-way. She deserves that slot tbh.

I wonder how Ronda will handle her first loss as a character (revisit/comment on the Holly Holm thing) and what her real-life plans are (she wants to have children soon.)

I don't think they should do title vs title unless they plan on unifying them.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

The first Women's Wrestlemania main event should be title vs title. With Ronda as Raw Champion vs Becky as Smackdown Champion.

If it is just a Raw title match. I don't resent Charlotte being in it if it was a three-way. She deserves that slot tbh.

I wonder how Ronda will handle her first loss as a character (revisit/comment on the Holly Holm thing) and what her real-life plans are (she wants to have children soon.)

I don't think WWE is going to do title vs title. Especially with FOX wanting their own set of titles and their own roster. And if I recall, they are paying way more than NBC is for broadcasting rights. So I could see Ronda losing the RAW Women's Title at Wrestlemania (to either Becky or Charlotte), and then moving over to Smackdown to feud with (probably) Asuka into Summerslam. If they are running Charlotte vs Ronda soon at the Rumble, then it makes sense.

As for Ronda's character, I could see her turning heel. Call up Shayna and the other MMA 4HW. Because otherwise things are going to get really weird if you have Shayna, Jessamyn, and Marina running around as babyfaces. It would be easier to turn Ronda heel.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Ronda has to turn heel if they want her to team up with the rest of the horsewomen, face Shayna Baszler would be such a waste.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I do hope the losers of the women's title matches are both in the Rumble. It's gonna be silly to have like half the Rumble be guest stars for two years straight. Just cram every active woman they can in there.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Minidust posted:

I do hope the losers of the women's title matches are both in the Rumble. It's gonna be silly to have like half the Rumble be guest stars for two years straight. Just cram every active woman they can in there.

I imagine there will be. Probably a handful of NXT appearances, some legend appearances, and then the rest filled by the main roster.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/1075950775505948680

https://twitter.com/WWEUK/status/1076137720525680640

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

VJeff posted:

See, you just put Shingo vs. Mascara Dorada out into the universe and now I'll hate you if it doesn't happen!

(I heard his tours with NJPW were actually sorta underwhelming back in the day which is...surprising)

His WK V match, a tag with La Sombra against Liger and Garza got eight minutes. And he was all right, but he was no La Sombra, who they had Nakamura put over for the IC belt (to pop Arena Mexico, but, still)! Almas is like the guy WWE should be very, very afraid of letting go because the dude is a megastar (and if he's annoyed with his station in the company as it's believed, he's well aware he could probably be making as much or more as he is now working indie dates and CMLL/New Japan tours again).

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

It's still kinda unbelievable how strong the New Becky persona ended up being, she went from a decent promo to a SCSA-rear end badass on the mic.

Imagine letting your wrestlers actually be cool, what a wild concept.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Have Ronda or the Horsewomen cost Becky the match against Asuka. Nia’s music hits to enter the rumble, Becky beats the gently caress out of her, takes her spot, wins, challenges Ronda.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

Considering Asuka did an interview with Tokyo Sports a day or two after her TLC victory, I don't think that's the case. She said in her interview that the very first person to come up as soon as she walked through the curtain after her victory was Vince McMahon, who gave her a huge hug and talked about how incredibly thrilled he was by her.

Lol he does that with everyone.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Draxion posted:

The rumble becomes very predictable if she's in it too, though.
There are more predictable Rumbles than not since the WrestleMania spot was introduced, and we're lucky to have two now. The men's Rumble so far is unpredictable.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The hashtags make it seem like she stormed out because the troops were getting too much attention.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
womp womp

https://twitter.com/RealPaigeWWE/status/1076219918637395968

No wonder Paige was fired. A shameful GM.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Dec 21, 2018

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

I assume this is basically a thing that was set up on the taped SmackDown

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Angry Grimace posted:

I assume this is basically a thing that was set up on the taped SmackDown

If it was, it wasn't shown to the audience.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Minidust posted:

Raw has 13 women including Alexa
Smackdown has 10 women. 11 if they bring back Maryse
205 Live has Maria, technically... who was in the Evolution battle royal so probably good to go.
Nikki Cross and Lacey Evans are coming up, just not assigned.

That's 27 women. They were certainly in a much worse spot last year where everyone active was in the Rumble and they still needed 2 NXT slots and 10 alumni to flush it out to 30.

NXT has 13 women on the main roster that would not be a surprise if they show up
NXT UK has another 9 women...
Then there are the Bellas, Trish, Lita, and Beth Phoenix that are all kind of around and active within the company

They can't make the 2019 rumble work without calling in NXT people or alumni, the question is how many and if the women's title matches challengers will show up in the rumble.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://my.mixtape.moe/xuxfyc.webm

is pepsi ok fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 21, 2018

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

DarkstarIV posted:

If it was, it wasn't shown to the audience.

Apparently it's because it was announced on the Main Event feed they have for international broadcasts and wasn't supposed to be leaked yet.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Astro7x posted:

Raw has 13 women including Alexa
Smackdown has 10 women. 11 if they bring back Maryse
205 Live has Maria, technically... who was in the Evolution battle royal so probably good to go.
Nikki Cross and Lacey Evans are coming up, just not assigned.

That's 27 women. They were certainly in a much worse spot last year where everyone active was in the Rumble and they still needed 2 NXT slots and 10 alumni to flush it out to 30.

NXT has 13 women on the main roster that would not be a surprise if they show up
NXT UK has another 9 women...
Then there are the Bellas, Trish, Lita, and Beth Phoenix that are all kind of around and active within the company

They can't make the 2019 rumble work without calling in NXT people or alumni, the question is how many and if the women's title matches challengers will show up in the rumble.
10 alumni and blue pants wasn’t one of them smdh

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The Kimoa Kid posted:

The hashtags make it seem like she stormed out because the troops were getting too much attention.

Give me your faves coward

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1076231756179800065

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
To rovert if you're not on Twitter, you don't exist.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Counterpoint: That's funny as hell though :laffo:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/1076223883529867265

https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/1076217877789925376

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Apparently there's a WWE cooking show and a Fashion Files return coming.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

This Daniel Bryan is a bigger babyface than he ever was during the "yes movement" era.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

What Daniel Bryan is doing is some incredible character work. These sit downs should be on the show, he's amazing.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Every few months I am shocked to be reminded of just how long Liv Morgan has been around as a TV character despite having never done anything ever. I literally don't recall having heard her ever speak on television beyond the few seconds of whatever she presumably said during Sarah Logan's infamous Game Meat promo almost a year ago.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
WCW Everybody

https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/1076242770266746880

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Draxion posted:

Apparently there's a WWE cooking show and a Fashion Files return coming.

if its not Cooker T i give up

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Angry Grimace posted:

Every few months I am shocked to be reminded of just how long Liv Morgan has been around as a TV character despite having never done anything ever. I literally don't recall having heard her ever speak on television beyond the few seconds of whatever she presumably said during Sarah Logan's infamous Game Meat promo almost a year ago.

Liv Morgan is good, fam

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

just... why put it on main event in the first place?

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

They shouldn't do the match if they're serious about the "no more rematch clauses" thing.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

WCW was good though

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cane Birdie

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

To be fair, the women's roster, as big as it's gotten, doesn't really have enough depth to have title matches AND the Rumble. I mean, like half of last year's field was returns.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I took a nap after work and I dreamed that Nia Jax ran in and hosed up Asuka vs Becky Lynch for the DQ and Asuka and Becky were so pissed that they both attacked her, put her through a table and double arm-barred her. There was a part where Nia was playing up like she was gonna break Becky's face by punching her again and then Asuka flies in and just starts kicking the holy hell out of her.

Was pretty cool.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

VJeff posted:

I took a nap after work and I dreamed that Nia Jax ran in and hosed up Asuka vs Becky Lynch for the DQ and Asuka and Becky were so pissed that they both attacked her, put her through a table and double arm-barred her. There was a part where Nia was playing up like she was gonna break Becky's face by punching her again and then Asuka flies in and just starts kicking the holy hell out of her.

Was pretty cool.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Gaz-L posted:

To be fair, the women's roster, as big as it's gotten, doesn't really have enough depth to have title matches AND the Rumble. I mean, like half of last year's field was returns.

The loser can be in the rumble still, plus there's a ton of women in NXT and NXT UK that could use the showcase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Speaking of NXT, which talents do you think will be in the Rumble this year?

For the men, I have Cole (again), and maybe Dream. Maybe Riddle as well.
For the females, I have Kairi (again), Io, and Bianca.