Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Wildtortilla posted:

Can someone explain how Lumines works? I can't figure it out from the video on the eShop. It looks like something my wife and I would like playing together.

You make 2 by 2 squares that the sweeping line clears out. If you go over the top of the playfield, you lose.

Simple, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Wildtortilla posted:

Can someone explain how Lumines works? I can't figure it out from the video on the eShop. It looks like something my wife and I would like playing together.

Kinda like this:

https://youtu.be/109lbBis4ww

Note: I am not a pro; you want to be setting up huge conglomerations just ahead of the scoring line. I just like the challenge of going for the "only one color"/"clear board" bonuses.

It's also the only game so far where I explicitly prefer the joycons, and separated at that.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Dec 21, 2018

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Lumines owns just buy it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

When the hell are Final Fantasy X/X2 and 12 coming out?

Amazon just has the Dec 31st placeholder still.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
SNES games may not be on the Switch, but Sega Genesis games are, once again proving what we've all known since the 16-bit console wars: Genesis Does What Nintendon't

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Slime-san and Detention are both on sale, I don't know what that means for other regions but for AU they're both a bit under $10 each. Very different games but both really cool

If you enjoyed Celeste, definitely check out Slime-san sometime. It's a great little platformer packed with #CONTENT and a lot of weird charm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z2yZ6KcowY
Got a level editor too which is pretty neat

Also Yoshi's Crafted World is finally on the store woo

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Anyone has any opinions on that new boxing thing

Will i run the risk of crushing my joycons in my steely-gripped curled fist or punch them throuhg a TV

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
It's weird that they just don't let you see the price of things you already own

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Inzombiac posted:

When the hell are Final Fantasy X/X2 and 12 coming out?

Amazon just has the Dec 31st placeholder still.

When I looked online last week all I could find was that VII, IX, X/X2 and XII were all coming in “2019”.

So who knows, basically.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Paging that guy with the giant jeans to talk about fitting the dock in them.

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy

Over There posted:

Do y'all like Everspace?

I very, very much enjoyed it on the PC and highly recommend it, especially if you are into rogue-likes.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I want this to come out in America, with all english voice acting

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

Gripweed posted:

I want this to come out in America, with all english voice acting

Is that the card one? I've been hoping to hear about an EN release.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

DLC Inc posted:

anybody have Hand of Fate 2 for Switch? on sale for around 22 bux, wondering how people like it

I put in a lot of time into it, I liked the game a lot. Combat is middle of the road 3d action game and I enjoyed the framing of the game

Chekans 3 16 fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Dec 21, 2018

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Bolt Crank posted:

I very, very much enjoyed it on the PC and highly recommend it, especially if you are into rogue-likes.

Cool, I might try it out

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hand Row posted:

Just want to recommend the Satisfye grip case again if you play handheld a lot. Seriously loving get it.
I got one after everyone recommended it and I'm still getting used to it but it seems good :yeah: I didn't want to ruin my hands completely playing smash handheld

I didn't like the stick cover thingies though, they were too squishy and made playing smash awkward.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Zibidibodel posted:

Is that the card one? I've been hoping to hear about an EN release.

Yeah, but I think you don't use the cards with the console version

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Have any of you had to do any fancy voodoo to get the Switch to see the USB LAN adapter? I got one with the AX88179 chipset the Switch is compatible with (this one, specifically), but it just won't detect the thing. Works fine on my PC, and both the ethernet cord and the USB port on the Switch dock have passed all tests. Nothing appears to be broken, but the adapter doesn't even light up when connecting it to the dock.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Wildtortilla posted:

Align the colors to match, and make big shapes before the music line clears them. You can keep adding to a shape if you stay ahead of the clear line for more points, but if you make any additions to the shape behind it they won't count. The change from a fast song to a slower one can mess you up, because you have to account for your shapes not disappearing right away. Fun game, but some of the songs are just grating to me. Still love Shinin' though.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Knorth posted:

Also Yoshi's Crafted World is finally on the store woo

wait, that’s out? or just like a preorder thing.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Nah, just finally has a store page. Still TBA 2019

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Mister Facetious posted:

Kinda like this:

https://youtu.be/109lbBis4ww

Note: I am not a pro; you want to be setting up huge conglomerations just ahead of the scoring line. I just like the challenge of going for the "only one color"/"clear board" bonuses.

It's also the only game so far where I explicitly prefer the joycons, and separated at that.

Oh this makes sense. I thought there was a component involving timing your clears with the music.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Some more good games have gone on eshop sale today. Night in the Woods and Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove are both on sale if for some reason you haven't played these very good games yet. Also Ninjin: Clash of Carrots is 70% off and it seems like it might be pretty good.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I got Thumper, Black Bird, and Kero Blaster. Pretty good haul. May also pick up Lumines.

How do you say that? Loo-mines or lumin-ess?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Lu-miness. It's like Luminous.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Heath posted:

I got Thumper, Black Bird, and Kero Blaster. Pretty good haul. May also pick up Lumines.

How do you say that? Loo-mines or lumin-ess?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x650ESiuvYY

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lou Mines

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
"Lumines beings are we; not this crude matter!"

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I say the Lumin part like Luminous and the -es sound like REZ because they're by the same guy and every game by Tetsuya Mizuguchi should subconsciously remind you to go purchase REZ.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

YggiDee posted:

I say the Lumin part like Luminous and the -es sound like REZ because they're by the same guy and every game by Tetsuya Mizuguchi should subconsciously remind you to go purchase REZ.

This is how you say it.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Rocket League remains the only game I want to ever play. Dunno what it is but it's the one for me.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Hand Row posted:

Just want to recommend the Satisfye grip case again if you play handheld a lot. Seriously loving get it.

Any idea how it compares to the Skull grip case? The skull is kind of a pain to take on/off and apparently isn't compatible with the proper D-pad controller I've been interested in getting. Otherwise it is pretty comfy.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Fun Times! posted:

Rocket League remains the only game I want to ever play. Dunno what it is but it's the one for me.

It’s really good. I return to it every few months and get addicted all over again.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Wildtortilla posted:

Love this game. Basically you're hard dropping blocks to make squares of 4. The more squares of 4 you can make before the white line (timed to the music) crosses over the board, the bigger your combo

It lets you play a while before it gets hard, and the music is great

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Zibidibodel posted:

That's how I cleared it too then was like "WTF not 100%!?" and realized I needed to do all the endings to get it. Was at like 99.67% without.

Ya, I'm stuck now with 99.83% completion, guess I missed a spirit #cursed

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

this is the canon pronunciation and i will not hear otherwise

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

SeANMcBAY posted:

My uncoordinated goon hands always put them on wrong and then I end up with distracting bubbles or dust.:smith:

Put it on in the bathroom with the shower running for a few minutes. Let the steam get the dust out of the air.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

TheScott2K posted:

Put it on in the bathroom with the shower running for a few minutes. Let the steam get the dust out of the air.
Wasn’t there a post (or link to a post) about putting it on in the running shower and ruining the Switch? Cause this just reminded me of that and I had a good laugh.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

japtor posted:

Wasn’t there a post (or link to a post) about putting it on in the running shower and ruining the Switch? Cause this just reminded me of that and I had a good laugh.

This is why you need to put your Switch in the oven after applying the screen protector before turning it on; it dries out all the water from the shower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That's if you wanna bake the graphics card!!!