Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
If someone doesn't like the temperature in my apartment and want me to turn the AC/heat up a significant amount, they can contribute accordingly to my electric bill. I had a roommate who would try and put the temperature to ~64 during the florida summers and our bill was ridiculous. Even if it's comfortable, sometimes being comfortable is too drat expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

fizzymercy posted:

No one is ever completely comfortable in the temperature they are currently in. Everyone will always be too hot or cold and they will complain about this at length. There is no way to make anyone happy so keep every building at 70f and hand out coats and shorts as appropriate.

This would be a great system, but I've never been in a building where it was an even split between people that are too hot and people that are too cold. It's always just 20 degrees too hot everywhere. Set the building temperature closer to 60, then hand out coats and shorts.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

This would be a great system, but I've never been in a building where it was an even split between people that are too hot and people that are too cold. It's always just 20 degrees too hot everywhere. Set the building temperature closer to 60, then hand out coats and shorts.

Um I'm not about to wear a drat coat in my house... and at 60 I would need a fur coat.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I'm starting to think goons are self-centered assholes.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I wear a t shirt and shorts regardless of temperature, but I Canadian so 10 degrees is comfy for me

E: inside I mean. I wear normal people clothes outside

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Thin Privilege posted:

Um I'm not about to wear a drat coat in my house... and at 60 I would need a fur coat.

If you need a fur coat at 60 it's time to start saving up money to see a doctor.

Edit: Running the air conditioning during Summer until it's 64 would be ridiculously expensive, but during Winter it makes more sense to leave the heat at 48-60 and put on long sleeves than to spend hundreds of dollars a month on heat.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! has a new favorite as of 18:19 on Dec 23, 2018

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Danaru posted:

I wear a t shirt and shorts regardless of temperature, but I Canadian so 10 degrees is comfy for me

E: inside I mean. I wear normal people clothes outside

Sorry this is american temperature chat, we don’t speak french degrees here

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
why wouldn't you wear a coat or at least a jacket in the house.

i wear a big rear end carhartt vest because my house is old and drafty

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

fizzymercy posted:

Good. No one will miss your whining rear end.

More like fizzymerciless.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Sometimes I'm too hot and it annoys me, but other times I'm too cold and that also annoys me.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I think I mentioned this before in this thread a couple of years ago, but it's still happening. Every time I get hungry and reheat some leftovers and sit down to eat, I have to poop. By the time I finish pooping, the food is cold again and I have to heat it up a second time.

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Web pages that constantly refresh after a few minutes and take you all the way back to the top of the page. Like dailymail (yea i know) will refresh about 2.5 times before I can finish the whole page, unless I click something and go back so it resets the refresh clock. Very annoying but minor, comparatively. I'll let you know when I want to refresh, drat it!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Peeve: when you are clearly busy and someone wants you to look at this awesome video they just took. And of course their phone freezes or they can't find the video, and then they get mad when you start working again. Bitch, I have 20 emails to answer, what is so important i need to watch? Oh cute, a cat with catnip, can't find that poo poo anywhere or after I'm done!

Along those lines, I answer emails for an animal rescue. It is amazing how many people cannot keep their dog or cat (the former has always become aggressive and the latter usually from allergies or pissing everywhere) and don't want the animal to go to a kill shelter. Well, sorry guys, but most shelters ARE kill shelters because the input is high and the adoptions are low. Go fig.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I think I mentioned this before in this thread a couple of years ago, but it's still happening. Every time I get hungry and reheat some leftovers and sit down to eat, I have to poop. By the time I finish pooping, the food is cold again and I have to heat it up a second time.
And then of course the cycle continues ad perpetuum. Must be terribly exhausting.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

So my girlfriend's pet peeve is that I immediately chew on chocolate, like if I have a hershey's kiss or a ghirardelli bar or M&Ms I just chew it up immediately without letting it melt in my mouth AT all and that is my preference but she thinks I'm weird and doesn't want to be in the room.

Maybe I should save it for E/N

Edit: I will also freeze all my chocolate so it is extra crunchy

Riatsala has a new favorite as of 23:04 on Dec 23, 2018

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Some chocolate is more enjoyable if you let it melt a bit like those lindor balls but if it's just a bar of chocolate who cares just bite it.

My peeve is people who bite popsicles or ice cream because i can't see it without instinctively shuddering because of my dumb sensitive teeth that would freak out if i ever tried to do that. I always take forever to eat a popsicle because if it even brushes against my teeth it's like I just got kicked in the mouth.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Cowslips Warren posted:

Peeve: when you are clearly busy and someone wants you to look at this awesome video they just took. And of course their phone freezes or they can't find the video, and then they get mad when you start working again. Bitch, I have 20 emails to answer, what is so important i need to watch? Oh cute, a cat with catnip, can't find that poo poo anywhere or after I'm done!

My coworker who only knows how to read news and watch youtube on her phone so does that constantly unless you specifically give her something to do. Then insisists you look at it too even if you're busy or trying to get something done.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

My sister-in-law gets all weird and wants to leave super early at every family function. We had a Christmas get-together with my father-in-law last night, and she rounded up her boyfriend and kid before either of them even wanted to go, immediately after the presents were done being opened. She kept talking about how much she had to work but it's like yo, this is literally once a year could you maybe last another hour? Especially so it doesn't look like you're just coming to pillage gifts and take flight?

I dunno, I'm not a lingerer but there's a definite minimum time to be at an event and she does not meet that ever. It was a nice party too, and it really took the fun out of it to lose three people, one being a fun-having child, during an already small Christmas party.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Rescue peeve.

So one of our foster cats, Libby, has had a rough go with ear mite treatment and other various illnesses. She is finally well enough to go to adoption events. Diluted calico, very friendly. We drop her off at the event today, and instantly people are looking her over and petting her and she's purring and rubbing against the cage. We're heading out, we'll pick her up later if she doesn't adopted, and as we're leaving, my mom overhears one of the volunteers, who also has cats at the event, telling people not to get calicos because they always turn on you.

She instead leads the people over to her cats. I missed this entirely.

Hours later the event is winding down. My mom heads out to pick her up, and finds a couple petting and playing with Libby and the same oval office, volunteer in a rescue shirt, tells them not to pet her because calicos always turn mean. And takes them over to her cats instead.

At this point it's good I wasn't there because I might be on the news for clocking a bitch and choking her out. What the flying gently caress, you oval office, you do not lie to loving people to try and get your cats adopted! One of the other volunteers said this bitch does this all the time if her cats don't get much attention....and somehow this is allowed to continue.

Peeve: if people ask about an animal, do not loving lie and drag them over to your animals instead because you represent the entire rescue when you loving tell people bullshit about animals!

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

My body thinks it is a good idea to lie sideways when I sleep so I am comfortable at that moment, but the next day I will have a sore lower back.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Cowslips Warren posted:

Rescue peeve.

So one of our foster cats, Libby, has had a rough go with ear mite treatment and other various illnesses. She is finally well enough to go to adoption events. Diluted calico, very friendly. We drop her off at the event today, and instantly people are looking her over and petting her and she's purring and rubbing against the cage. We're heading out, we'll pick her up later if she doesn't adopted, and as we're leaving, my mom overhears one of the volunteers, who also has cats at the event, telling people not to get calicos because they always turn on you.

She instead leads the people over to her cats. I missed this entirely.

Hours later the event is winding down. My mom heads out to pick her up, and finds a couple petting and playing with Libby and the same oval office, volunteer in a rescue shirt, tells them not to pet her because calicos always turn mean. And takes them over to her cats instead.

At this point it's good I wasn't there because I might be on the news for clocking a bitch and choking her out. What the flying gently caress, you oval office, you do not lie to loving people to try and get your cats adopted! One of the other volunteers said this bitch does this all the time if her cats don't get much attention....and somehow this is allowed to continue.

Peeve: if people ask about an animal, do not loving lie and drag them over to your animals instead because you represent the entire rescue when you loving tell people bullshit about animals!

That's sooooo bitchy

You'd get kicked from my shelter for doing poo poo like that. Who does that?

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Your mouth should stay closed during the entire chewing and swallowing process with the exception of the brief instant where you put your food in your mouth.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
T shirt/blazer combos. Especially when it’s some techbro rear end in a top hat described as “innovative”

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

T shirt/blazer combos. Especially when it’s some techbro rear end in a top hat described as “innovative”

Making this look uncool is one of the worst things about techbros.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

The word "innovation" can eat a dick by the way.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Casual sport coat gives me hope because this is the same guy

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
New peeve, rude co-workers. I came into work today in a new dress. One of the co-workers says "I love your dress. too bad you don't have the body for it. Would look great on me!"

As if I wasn't already depressed and spending most of my off work time crying at the moment.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
Pet peeve: "what would you think of this situation if the races or genders were reversed? GOTCHA BECAUSE IM SO CLEVER AND THERE CAN NEVER BE ANY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TWO THINGS"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

BattyKiara posted:

New peeve, rude co-workers. I came into work today in a new dress. One of the co-workers says "I love your dress. too bad you don't have the body for it. Would look great on me!"

As if I wasn't already depressed and spending most of my off work time crying at the moment.

Uhhh

That's many levels of not ok, especially at work! Why, that person really ought to have died moments after saying that.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

BattyKiara posted:

That's a :murder: offence if I ever saw one.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
i don't like it when i have a nice, hot shower, towel off, put my clothes on and sweat like james brown, ruining my reason for showering in the first place :(

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

BattyKiara posted:

Oh no, the color would just accentuate the herpes sores you try to cover up so badly.

Jesus gently caress what is wrong with people?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Shibawanko posted:

The word "innovation" can eat a dick by the way.
So can "sharing economy". You're not sharing poo poo, it's just poorly paid contract work dressed up with techbro lingo.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Haifisch posted:

So can "sharing economy". You're not sharing poo poo, it's just poorly paid contract work dressed up with techbro lingo.

But it's the gig economy! Only work as much as you want when you want*!

for less than minimum wage with no benefits no security and no guaranteed hours lol gently caress you

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

BattyKiara posted:

The gently caress?

I hope you replied with something like "I love my dress too, too bad you're a huge bitch."

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Peeve: having the perfect come back hours after you need it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Well the jerk store called!

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Cowslips Warren posted:

Peeve: having the perfect come back hours after you need it.

L'espirit de l'escalier

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

BattyKiara posted:

It would probably look terrible on their personality.

Sorry your coworker works at the jerk store :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Photo peeve: rotate your goddamn pictures before you post them online!! :argh:

BattyKiara posted:

:wtc:

Are they like this all the time? This could be worth bringing up with HR.