Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the McMahons FINALLY being back in charge?
This poll is closed.
Oh thank God, FINALLY! It's been so long! 5 5.00%
Who? It's been so long I forgot who they are! 1 1.00%
Is Jack Tunney okay? 44 44.00%
.... THE BIG DOG! 50 50.00%
Total: 100 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

tweet my meat posted:

Daniel Bryan is so great

*deep breath*

nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Intruder posted:

*deep breath*

nah

FICKLE

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The man gimmick already run is course and i hope Asuka beats her and then Charlotte and Becky beat Rhondhah

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

DoctorGonzo posted:

The man gimmick already run is course and i hope Asuka beats her and then Charlotte and Becky beat Rhondhah

This is an excellent illustration of another problem with present WWE booking. They overexpose the poo poo out of the workers, meaning a build that could do a couple months of matches seems old three weeks in.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Titus is way too good for this company:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUr-wpwNk8o

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Germansimp posted:

Titus is way too good for this company:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUr-wpwNk8o

He's not. This is a wrestling company, not a charity company.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Liquid Communism posted:

This is an excellent illustration of another problem with present WWE booking. They overexpose the poo poo out of the workers, meaning a build that could do a couple months of matches seems old three weeks in.

i mean look at this crap

https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/1076946505280434176

this is bad

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah, I'm going to have to agree on the whole Becky "The Man" stuff. It's getting really old real quick. Especially now that WWE is leaning into it. It was good at first, but now it's gotten incredibly obnoxious.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

You seem to have accidentally posted one of Becky's great tweets instead of a photo of yourself or Ferrari or something of that nature

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree on the whole Becky "The Man" stuff. It's getting really old real quick. Especially now that WWE is leaning into it. It was good at first, but now it's gotten incredibly obnoxious.

whoops looks like the man gimmick is actually incredibly fresh still

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Yeah please let's go back to..... Steampunk? In what is nearly 2019? No that couldn't possibly be right.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

There's no actual sign you can point to to suggest this.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
wwe is really bad at trying to build things and instead works week-to-week, blowing through feuds by rote memorization because theyve got tv time to fill and a network special to book, yes i agree, but the man gimmick is still good are u kidding me

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

MotU posted:

whoops looks like the man gimmick is actually incredibly fresh still

Like with Daniel Bryan Becky is authentic and that well won't run dry:

https://twitter.com/JoeyDoherty21/status/1076845522923732992

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

rovert posted:

There's no actual sign you can point to to suggest this.

Yeah, I dunno what everyone is talking about. It rules, Becky rules, the end.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
"Man this is good why can't WWE support good thing"

*WWE supports good thing*

"Good thing is now bad"

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah, I dunno what everyone is talking about. It rules, Becky rules, the end.

Been expecting an Actually Badding.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
wrestlers should change gimmick or alignment every other week like the Big Show

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Imagine how much better the gimmick and fan response would have been if someone like Aliyah had been given The Man gimmick by Vince instead of Becky

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I think when I sit down and think about it, the issue has less to do with Becky and the gimmick and more along the lines of some of her fans thinking she shouldn't be allowed to lose in any shape or form until after Wrestlemania (assuming she faces and beats Ronda).

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Thank you for taking the time to sit down and have a long think about it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Intruder posted:

"Man this is good why can't WWE support good thing"

*WWE supports good thing*

"Good thing is now bad"

I expected nothing less from the Asuka fan tbh

Becky is always good

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Accident Underwater posted:

The loser can be in the rumble still, plus there's a ton of women in NXT and NXT UK that could use the showcase.

That was true last year and we got Ember, Kairi and no-one else.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MotU posted:

wrestlers should change gimmick or alignment every other week like the Big Show

I liked that time he came back for 5 weeks just to turn on New Day, help the Bar, then turn on them too

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Gaz-L posted:

That was true last year and we got Ember, Kairi and no-one else.

Wasn't Kairi only in the Rumble because Alicia Fox got injured or something?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

DarkstarIV posted:

Wasn't Kairi only in the Rumble because Alicia Fox got injured or something?

i think so, yes

hopefully wwe got the nostalgia out of their system with the first one, buuuuut its still wwe

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

I think when I sit down and think about it, the issue has less to do with Becky and the gimmick and more along the lines of some of her fans thinking she shouldn't be allowed to lose in any shape or form until after Wrestlemania (assuming she faces and beats Ronda).

Not sure who in the thread is more of a Becky fan than me, Guy Who Loudly Cheered When Asuka Won

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Becky has improved her mic work and she always has been excellent in the ring. I dont know why is so hard to some people in this thread to acept that the man gimmick is really shallow and tiresome. Charlotte beating the crap out of Rhondha was better than whatever Becky is doing right now AND she was te MVP in the ladder match.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

Becky has improved her mic work and she always has been excellent in the ring. I dont know why is so hard to some people in this thread to acept that the man gimmick is really shallow and tiresome. Charlotte beating the crap out of Rhondha was better than whatever Becky is doing right now AND she was te MVP in the ladder match.

Hi the man gimmick

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

shiksa posted:

i think so, yes

hopefully wwe got the nostalgia out of their system with the first one, buuuuut its still wwe

Hopefully they did. Considering if you factor in Nikki and Lacey, and potentially Alexa if she's cleared in time, that would make the total number of women on the main roster alone in the Rumble around 25-26 people. You could do some cameos from NXT (UK) as a result as well. Toni Storm, Shayna Baszler, Rhea Ripley, and maybe Kairi or Io as the fourth woman. Two from NXT UK, two from NXT.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Hi the man gimmick

I might be a drunk with cuestionable track record regarding romantic relationships but im not Ric Flair.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Midnightghoul posted:

He's not. This is a wrestling company, not a charity company.

Yeah, Titus is a good man but astoundingly bad wrestler.

DarkstarIV posted:

Old school booking logic isn't actually awful. Two heavily protected people fighting is good. I don't want Becky or Rousey losing clean before Wrestlemania. Charlotte can lose all she wants, though, she's ridiculously established.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

DarkstarIV posted:

Your WreslteMania main-eventer should not be losing in any shape or form before WrestleMania, this is not that hard to grasp

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Becky's Raw invasion happened less than two months ago and now her gimmick is "old." Or maybe she had a concussion and hasn't been able to do much outside social media while we're in "stall until Wrestlemania season" time.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Benne posted:

Your WreslteMania main-eventer should not be losing in any shape or form before WrestleMania, this is not that hard to grasp

We don't even know quite yet if Becky will be main eventing Wrestlemania, which is the problem. It's very likely she will be, but at the same time remember that Vince just completely tossed out the Royal Rumble card for literally no reason other than Vince being Vince. For all we know by time the Royal Rumble comes around, he could decide that he wants to run Ronda vs Charlotte, and Becky vs Nia at Wrestlemania.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

We don't even know quite yet if Becky will be main eventing Wrestlemania, which is the problem. It's very likely she will be, but at the same time remember that Vince just completely tossed out the Royal Rumble card for literally no reason other than Vince being Vince. For all we know by time the Royal Rumble comes around, he could decide that he wants to run Ronda vs Charlotte, and Becky vs Nia at Wrestlemania.

If we get Becky-Nia I'm giving you a swirly

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Benne posted:

austin lost to hhh at no way out, the wm main event was fine

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

We don't even know quite yet if Becky will be main eventing Wrestlemania

We do.

She isn't from Nippon, Japan so you hate her we get it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

DM Punk and Darkstar will run wild on u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
when Alexa Bliss gets cleared she is going to squash Becky and Asuka and Charlotte all at once and become champion once again