Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Chomp8645 posted:

Public Service Announcement: buying or not buying a video game is a very small scale consumer choice. It is not a political referendum.

imo if you have the thought: "what kind of politics am I encouraging with this video game purchase???" then you have too much politics in your daily life. You should buy or not buy video games based on whether you think they will be fun.

White people are the worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ETPC
Jul 10, 2008

Wheel with it.
being uncritical of the media you consume is cowardly

games have been political since tennis for two

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Rinkles posted:

Not that I want him to make rash judgements, but how many episodes did it take him to realize this?

Like with Andromeda, he's been very dismissive of criticism, handwaving much of it away as manufactured hate.

It's because the game tickles his fancy while a lot of the people griping about the game either haven't played it, hate the survival/craft genre in general or are talking out of their rear end

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

heeheex2 posted:

Video Games Are About Politics, Not Tripe Like “Fun”

itt posters search for ethical consumption under capitalism.

I have bad news....

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

DebonaireD posted:

This is a very chill game - it is good to poop in

rude

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Chomp8645 posted:

itt posters search for ethical consumption under capitalism.

I have bad news....

if that's your takeaway from the responses to your dumb post then :shrug:

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

I poop out little brown bags everywhere I go, especially on people's doorsteps. It's pretty cool to come across someone's place while roaming the wilderness. I wish I had seen that base one guy had integrated into the monorail station, what a cool and tight design.
I wonder if there's a plan to restore the monorail as part of some vault 76ers rebuild society arc. It seems like a pretty big set piece that runs along a good chunk of the map.
lol if you think this game will be here in a month/who paid you, corporate bootlicker/they'll sell train tickets for $10 a pop/etc. etc.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Chomp8645 posted:

Public Service Announcement: buying or not buying a video game is a very small scale consumer choice. It is not a political referendum.

imo if you have the thought: "what kind of politics am I encouraging with this video game purchase???" then you have too much politics in your daily life. You should buy or not buy video games based on whether you think they will be fun.

Remember when people got mad because bethesda made a game about shooting nazis.

That was funny

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

DebonaireD posted:

I poop out little brown bags everywhere I go, especially on people's doorsteps. It's pretty cool to come across someone's place while roaming the wilderness. I wish I had seen that base one guy had integrated into the monorail station, what a cool and tight design.
I wonder if there's a plan to restore the monorail as part of some vault 76ers rebuild society arc. It seems like a pretty big set piece that runs along a good chunk of the map.
lol if you think this game will be here in a month/who paid you, corporate bootlicker/they'll sell train tickets for $10 a pop/etc. etc.

i like pip boy

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

its time to throw away pip boyish things, and pick up pip mannish ones.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Frog Act posted:

its time to throw away pip boyish things, and pick up pip mannish ones.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Video games are toys, everyone. You’re arguing over whether your dildo is red or blue. Now that I got the last word let’s move on from the topic I brought up again instead of rightfully ignoring it.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
I like.... pop boy?

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

pip boy can get it

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Gonna be honest, independent of any argument about ethical consumption and whatever, I'd rather not deal with creepy chud poo poo in the writing of games I want to play. So asking if the text heavy rpg from an unknown Russian dev has hosed up weirdo politics seems pretty reasonable. Laughing at that poo poo is fun sometimes but I'd still rather not have the later works of Kevin Sorbo sprung on me without warning when I just want to play a game.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

A Sometimes Food posted:

Gonna be honest, independent of any argument about ethical consumption and whatever, I'd rather not deal with creepy chud poo poo in the writing of games I want to play. So asking if the text heavy rpg from an unknown Russian dev has hosed up weirdo politics seems pretty reasonable. Laughing at that poo poo is fun sometimes but I'd still rather not have the later works of Kevin Sorbo sprung on me without warning when I just want to play a game.

I’m fine if games contain politics, even if I disagree with them, just don’t be a dumbass and insert them clumsily in a nonsensical way.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
If you're the kind of person who asks if a weird, cobbled together euroslav/ruskie game has things in it that will make you mad, the answer is probably yes. The question answers itself honestly

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Isn’t pipboy illegal in russia?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
poop boy lol

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

selec posted:

I’m fine if games contain politics, even if I disagree with them, just don’t be a dumbass and insert them clumsily in a nonsensical way.

I mean there's politics and there's being personally insulting/attacking/dehumanising people I care about. The latter is shockingly not something I seek out for entertainment.

Like I play and enjoy plenty of poo poo I consider to have racist/sexist poo poo in them. Sometimes quite a bit. But there's a point where it's just not worth putting up with.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

pip boy is actually antifa

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

The unnamed space marine in the N64 title "Body Harvest" was canonically transgender.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Dandywalken posted:

The unnamed space marine in the N64 title "Body Harvest" was canonically transgender.

i heard zelda became a girl too

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me
Maybe some of us wanna know if folks we might buy a product from hate our guts and wanna use that money to try to kill us.

Especially a luxury product like a video game.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

So

Is ATOM any good or are those screens representative. Cause like dumb joke aside man that is some clumsy English.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

selec posted:

That section in Fallout 4 where you had to listen to a synth expound the merits of a flat tax was still a little frustrating

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I guess the rumors Pete Hines is a proud boy may carry some weight

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Frog Act posted:

That section in Fallout 4 where you had to listen to a synth expound the merits of a flat tax was still a little frustrating

.... poo poo I've actually run into this in some game.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Catalyst-proof posted:

So uh the Atom RPG guys are Nazis? Sucks.

can we get some source around here? I bought the game and its good so far

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

frajaq posted:

No one said that.

Someone asked if the game had any offputting bigotry, someone who hadn't played it posted some of the promo shots having a joke sbout "assuming labels" and then everyone jumped down OP's throat.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Frog Act posted:

:eyepop:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Frog Act posted:

I thought it was odd that all the skill books were replaced w von mises articles

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

frajaq posted:

A Sometimes Food posted:

No one said that.

Someone asked if the game had any offputting bigotry, someone who hadn't played it posted some of the promo shots having a joke sbout "assuming labels" and then everyone jumped down OP's throat.

Then you actually finally answered the original question of whether the game was good. So hey thanks for that.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I...will buy...the Atom...Game

*Dies

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wolfestein II loving sucked

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I don't think I've played a Wolfenstein game since 3D.

I still remember how to get to the secret 10th level.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

TexMexFoodbaby posted:

Isn’t pipboy illegal in russia?

I love pripyatboy

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

DoctorGonzo posted:

Wolfestein II loving sucked

yeah it did.... a shame because I quite liked the first one

Meme Poker Party