Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Gonna get a buddy started and thinking of starting a new weapon to go through the low ranks with.

Torn between the long sword, insect glaive, or going back to the horn.

The long sword was the very first weapon i ever picked back in MH3 on the wii u and hated it because i didn’t know wtf i was doing as a noob. Feels right going back to it now that I’m more comfortable with the whole concept.

That said, the insect glaive does look like fun and bonus mounts are always money. Also the horn just owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the new behemoth event plays a cutscene for everyone simultaneously where all the players can be seen and it made veins pop in my head

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

the new behemoth event plays a cutscene for everyone simultaneously where all the players can be seen and it made veins pop in my head

It's also skippable if everyone skips it, so I think they're getting rid of that stuff for iceborne.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/1078802779991433217?s=21

Bayek’s Iconic Hood

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
God, I'd swagger around with that hood everyday if I could.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

God, I'd swagger around with that hood everyday if I could.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Carrying a friend through the early parts of the game, and messing with the hammer, and holy poo poo that weapon is so brutal. The combo of like 4 progressively stronger overhead smashes followed up by a spinning finisher is fuckin nasty.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

tao of lmao posted:

Carrying a friend through the early parts of the game, and messing with the hammer, and holy poo poo that weapon is so brutal. The combo of like 4 progressively stronger overhead smashes followed up by a spinning finisher is fuckin nasty.

Amazing weapon + my favorite, I think only the GS True strike or w/e it's called has a better hit feel. I hope you are launching your friend!

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I don't even know how to do that lol I'm mostly doing the y&b mash combo, and the trigger charge attack.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It has a upward swing, which if hit a partner with that get launched and it's a easy way to get a quick mount at the start of a hunt

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Been hopping on and doing like 3 or 4 hunts a day with a Wide Range 5 Hunting Horn and it's awesome being a bard.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Finally trying out the great sword. Holy poo poo :stare:

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Oh word I’ll have to learn that move eventually but my friend is playing glaive he gets mounts for days.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

tao of lmao posted:

I don't even know how to do that lol I'm mostly doing the y&b mash combo, and the trigger charge attack.

fyi the level 3 charge attack has 2 varieties, the big spin (when your stick is held forward on release) and a huge slam when the stick is neutral

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

It’s crazy how maneuverable the hammer is though it makes sense given its short range. What’s the launch attack? I can’t figure it out.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

It has a upward swing, which if hit a partner with that get launched and it's a easy way to get a quick mount at the start of a hunt

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Yeah i got that but i’m not finding any upward swing attacks. Wondering if it was part of a combo or specific move.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

tao of lmao posted:

Yeah i got that but i’m not finding any upward swing attacks. Wondering if it was part of a combo or specific move.

iirc the level 2 charge attack should launch people, but also i assumed the upswing in the Y button combo also launches. but ive only played these solo so who knows

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Never occurred to check if there was anything but a max charge lol i figured they'd all be the same move. Thanks!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
youre gonna love it. also you can press Y during that spinning level 3 charge to do a finisher (might also be an upswing)

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

if nothing else it'll be perfect to gently caress w him during carving lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

tao of lmao posted:

Never occurred to check if there was anything but a max charge lol i figured they'd all be the same move. Thanks!

Max charge is cool looking but probably the least useful IMO. The level 2 owns though and is great for closing distance quickly

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Went hard this weekend helping power a couple friends get through the low ranks, then slammed my head against the 2 tempered Beetlejuices a bunch. Finally found a good sos group to take them down, and nearly did it solo (ran out of time like a scrub). Tempereds are gonna suck.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Console players should log on today bc there's. 24 hour event of 5 Arch Tempered mosswines in a special arena that all OHKO you lol.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Woah just unlocked the eldorado raid thing. Cool concept!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Console players should log on today bc there's. 24 hour event of 5 Arch Tempered mosswines in a special arena that all OHKO you lol.

lmao. wish i waited and got this on xbox tbh

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Gave that event a shot with a friend. We got one down!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the behemoth is loving rough. and the lunastra can suck my dick!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunastra is the hardest fight in the game. Behemoth is annoying but kind of a chump if you have a coordinated team

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

After 190 hours I got my first Spread Gem and then on the next hunt I got a 2nd one gently caress you crapcom

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

got my first handicraft gem off a tempered odogearon

tried to fight tempered diablos with sky and that did not go well lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I rebought this for pc before the steam sale ended and holy poo poo, i still love this game so much. Finally using the greatsword, and it’s really rad

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

I rebought this for pc before the steam sale ended and holy poo poo, i still love this game so much. Finally using the greatsword, and it’s really rad

I did the same, and agreed on how rad greatswords are once I finally got around to trying them. Tackling through monster attacks in order to land a charge attack on them is a good rear end feeling

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Console gets Arch Tempered Jagras next week lol.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

In Training posted:

Console gets Arch Tempered Jagras next week lol.

I hope it’s the strongest AT yet.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

archtempered teostra is a big piece of poo poo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

archtempered teostra is a big piece of poo poo.

He's the hardest AT Ive fought. Kirin and Vaal had annoying extra damage to worry about constantly but Teo just does all his usual attacks like 3x speed, I only ever killed him once :(

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

tempered bosses are poo poo and arch tempered are even more poo poo. arch tempered turds. gently caress this game. what were they thinking

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

He's the hardest AT Ive fought. Kirin and Vaal had annoying extra damage to worry about constantly but Teo just does all his usual attacks like 3x speed, I only ever killed him once :(

its between me and dante armor I have to kill it..but god drat it's awful lol

the fire attacks aren't even the threat this dude just becomes a giant hitbox with no wind-up when he runs that deals 80% and it always has another tackle or bomb ready for the frame you get up, its infuriating!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I’m glad that level of end game content exists, but i find nearly all the arch tempered fights tedious and frustrating especially solo or in random sos groups. If you don’t have a good squad to roll with, forget it.