Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Vegastar posted:

Switch hotfix #3 is out. PoE is at least functional. Still has some issues, but it's playable and missions are possible to complete. Turning off volumetric lighting gives the performance a nice kick in the rear end, and the controls are smoother and the deadzone thing is fixed. Crashes for Excal and Titania are gone.

This is a welcome improvement.

Yeeeeee Excitement! Booting up now.

Hey what's the best way to defeat 3 Eximus on Earth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

The defense mission iirc, just stick around till round 15 or so, though it’s best policy to stay till 20.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Defense missions are probably the ones I hate the most of what I've done. They're just so tedious and unfun

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Len posted:

Defense missions are probably the ones I hate the most of what I've done. They're just so tedious and unfun

They're more fun at high levels, provided someone (probably you) brought along a good area-denial frame. Low-level defences where you're just sitting around while a bunch of tweaked-out monsters annihilate everything before you even see it are a bit dull, though, yeah.

This is also why I dislike teaming with Slowvas. I don't care if your way is safer, just let the enemies go fast, clump up, and run into my warcrime range.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Len posted:

Either you bring the wipe the map frame and have fun wiping everything out, or you have someone else filling that role and you play guitar / read a book or something while getting free stuff. Defense: The best mission type. Except for Survival.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I feel like I am hitting my stride in the game. I am leveling Ember and I have 3 additional frame ready to go in the docket.

The one thing I need more than anything else seems to be additional frame spots. Is the stater pack a good deal or should I just buy $20 in plat?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

I feel like I am hitting my stride in the game. I am leveling Ember and I have 3 additional frame ready to go in the docket.

The one thing I need more than anything else seems to be additional frame spots. Is the stater pack a good deal or should I just buy $20 in plat?
It's a good deal. The extras you get are good, Streamline is an astronomically helpful mod, and may I remind you that it gives you a cape made of fire.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I remind you that it gives you a cape made of fire.

Well that sold me on it.

How many slots is a good amount? I have 4 right now and 3 are reserved for frames I loved (Excal, Rhino and Trin Prime).

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mesadoram posted:

Well that sold me on it.

How many slots is a good amount? I have 4 right now and 3 are reserved for frames I loved (Excal, Rhino and Trin Prime).

I'd say at least a dozen plus.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Mister Facetious posted:

I'd say at least a dozen plus.

Well, that is slightly more than I expected lol. So I can probably get like 10ish with my starter pack.

Not gonna lie though, I do want to get the Dojo colors...

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
A slot for each frame dude, dumping frames only if replaced by a prime variant. Color palettes agogo, Octavia instruments if you like her shtick, MOA behaviors, premium skins, forma three packs, taters, so much to burn plat on!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

The important thing is, don't feel pressured to buy slots in advance, just as you need them.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Raptor1033 posted:

A slot for each frame dude, dumping frames only if replaced by a prime variant. Color palettes agogo, Octavia instruments if you like her shtick, MOA behaviors, premium skins, forma three packs, taters, so much to burn plat on!

Best part is, none of it is 100% needed. Which I really appreciate in a free to play game. Which actually is another reason why I want to throw money at them.

Mister Facetious posted:

The important thing is, don't feel pressured to buy slots in advance, just as you need them.

Will do, I have Limbo and the Innarious quest good to go, so I will probably buy two slots for them.

On a side note, is the Innarious quest hard to do? I am mastery 7.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

The fight against the three or more rock giants was pretty loving tough, even with specialized damage build weapons.
I recommend not doing it solo.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Mister Facetious posted:

The fight against the three or more rock giants was pretty loving tough, even with specialized damage build weapons.
I recommend not doing it solo.

Thank you for the heads up. I will hit a Goon up when needed.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Main advise for the Inaros quest is: use it as an opportunity to scan a bunch of cats, since there are loads in the final stage. it will save you having to hunt them out later on the Derelict when you're wanting to breed your own / build Khora (iirc, it's been a while)

Pipski fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Dec 20, 2018

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

If the last page or so of the main thread has taught me anything, it's the value tenno place in Kavat 'genetic material.'

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

When you don’t have them, cat jeans are very important

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Got the starter pack, bought 3 slots and the Dojo colors.

Ship is now Saints Row color and I have around 100 plat left.

I think it was worth it.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Does anyone else find the echo lure really hard to use with a controller? Maybe it's because I play with inverted Y axis, and that doesn't really work well with the lure. Or maybe I'm just retarded at it, but it takes me forever to fluke a match.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I find it so far to be super forgiving, though I cannot tell for the life of me what direction they’re supposed to be. Thank god ivara trivializes it

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Raptor1033 posted:

I find it so far to be super forgiving, though I cannot tell for the life of me what direction they’re supposed to be. Thank god ivara trivializes it

it's definitely very forgiving, which is how I eventually manage to pull it off, even though I always, always adjust.it in the wrong direction. Probably just me being a berk.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Real talk /Newb Talk: can someone tell me why Excalibur is recommended as a starter frame?

It’s possible I’m just a dummy, but the “powers” feel underwhelming.

One is a slash that never really looks like it connects and I guess it kills stuff? Is it AoE? Because I feel like I can just slash the melee button a couple times and dispatch.

One is a blind AoE and I suppose it’s handy but feels like it blinds me a bit too? Lots of particles. Is it just like a stun?

One is an attack that pushes everything outward? Is that right?

And one I don’t have unlocked yet.

Not trying to be a sourpuss, just curious. :)

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Feenix posted:

Real talk /Newb Talk: can someone tell me why Excalibur is recommended as a starter frame?

One is a slash that never really looks like it connects and I guess it kills stuff? Is it AoE? Because I feel like I can just slash the melee button a couple times and dispatch.

One is a blind AoE and I suppose it’s handy but feels like it blinds me a bit too? Lots of particles. Is it just like a stun?

yeah its kinda that last one that everyone uses and makes you a goddamn insane wallhack murderer

like when you unlock that (and have some decent upgraded mods) it all kinda makes sense

I didn't like him at all when I was MR1, now Excal Umbra is like one of my most fav frames

edit: and now I'm MR26. dear god. what have I done.

TheAgent fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Dec 22, 2018

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

TheAgent posted:

why do I have a thousand hours in this terrible game

:hfive:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

TheAgent posted:

yeah its kinda that last one that everyone uses and makes you a goddamn insane wallhack murderer

like when you unlock that (and have some decent upgraded mods) it all kinda makes sense

I didn't like him at all when I was MR1, now Excal Umbra is like one of my most fav frames

Thanks for gone words of encouragement! :)

ixxit
Oct 15, 2010
Only been playing a few days, but I'm about this spaceman life so far. Could I grab a clan invite on PS4 whenever somebody gets around to it? The Discord invite seems to be expired, unless I'm just the dumbest guy.

PSN: clocksmash

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Feenix posted:

Slash Dash has a bigger AOE effect than your standard melee, and can be used outside of combat to extend your jumps or pass through Corpus laser barriers unharmed. Radial Blind temporarily makes enemies vulnerable to melee finishers, letting you deal massive damage to them. Radial Javelin is your 'no, gently caress you' button against tightly-packed enemies.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Cat jizz alert on PS4

E: It's a rescue though.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Dec 23, 2018

The Gripper
Sep 14, 2004
i am winner
Just launched back into this on PS4 after a half-assed PC attempt a few years back! Discord invite looks to be down, can anyone swing an invite? PSN: farces

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I’m back from the holidays, will try to invite people tonight

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Baro's here again! (Here being the Kronia relay on Saturn)

console items, followed by switch items

BUY 👏 TEMPO 👏 ROYALE 👏

It turns Galatine and it's primed version into a thing of beauty. You absolutely need this in your life.

Fanged Fusilade is a nice one if you have the spare cash - slash is meta good right now and a lot of guns are in the rifle class, including bows like Dread.

Angstrum is a funny secondary missile launcher, but it's no kulstar. Buy the cosmetics if you need to. Prisma Grakata looks good for a hybrid build.

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Just started playing this and would like to join a clan and the discord! PSN same as my user name.

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
Same but on Xbone. GT same as username. Just finished the Vox questline and I haven't died yet so you could say I'm pretty pro tier :dukedoge:

e: im also in AU/NZ timezone

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Playing on PS4 again after not playing for 2 years, could use an invite, same name. What’s still good from 2 years ago, had all the frames and weapons, and what do I need to do immediately?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
DISCOUNTED PLAT ALERT! Consoles get this like once a year at most, take advantage if you can!

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Not for the Switch, sadly. What's the discount elsewhere?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Not seeing it on PS4 either, just the latest renown pack reduced slightly.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
It's up to 40% off. If you're not in America you'll have to wait a couple days. There's a new post about it next to the star map.

America: Jan 1-15.
Europe and Australia: Jan 4-18
Asia: Jan 7-21
Japan: Jan 8-22.

Current prices are:
$7.99 for 170P (20% off)
$14.99 for 370P (25% off)
$24.99 for 1000P (30% off)
$64.99 for 2100P (35% off)
$89.99 for 3210P. (40% off)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Flytrap posted:

It's up to 40% off. If you're not in America you'll have to wait a couple days. There's a new post about it next to the star map.

Yeah, the post isn't on Switch yet but I do see it if I log into PC.

quote:

$24.99 for 1000P (30% off)

That's probably $34.99 for 1000p after 30% off.

Thanks for the list.