Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

In Training posted:

Plug in two of them?

???? Where's a second port???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Cool, I'll check the Hori stuff out, thanks.

Pomp posted:

It has three USB ports on the dock.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pomp posted:

It has 3 USB ports, there's 2 on the front of the dock I didn't know about for like 6 months.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh lol I never unpacked the dock

Edit: hold up if I'm using the dock I can't use the screen, and I deffo don't have access to a monitor if I'm trying to play with just a switch

Pomp fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Dec 28, 2018

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Pomp posted:

Edit: hold up if I'm using the dock I can't use the screen, and I deffo don't have access to a monitor if I'm trying to play with just a switch

Yeah, in that case you'll want this which is the aforementioned Hori stand with USB ports.

That or as b_d and Reiley said I'm pretty sure you can just get a USB to USB-C adaptor plus a USB multiplug and shove that into the power charging port?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
loving hori owns my life

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Pomp posted:

loving hori owns my life

know the feelin

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Pomp posted:

loving hori owns my life

truly horible

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Heres what I do. It works fine but that Hori hub+stand certainly looks nicer.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
So, uh, there's this brazilian indie FG called Trajes Fatais: Suits of Fate and there's a free alpha on their website: http://traf.onanim.com

It uses simplified inputs similar to what Fantasy Strike is doing, but inspired by KoF. Would be interesting to know what you guys here think of it.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

what do you think of it?

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

b_d posted:

what do you think of it?

It feels more enjoyable than Fantasy Strike or Blade Strangers to me. Specials using meter is a bit weird to get used to, but I'm interested in seeing how it will play out. Personally I'm waiting for the platypus cosplay girl to come out, she seems cool.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's odd that there's no gameplay footage on their site but I'll probably check it out out of morbid curiosity

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

The Best Friends did a fisticuffs for it back in 2016 if you want gameplay footage, but the build and some of the systems have changed since then.

https://youtu.be/iyCgnrmE7eo

Skip to about 26:45, because YouTube is being a poo poo and not giving me a timed link.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Big Scary Owl posted:

So, uh, there's this brazilian indie FG called Trajes Fatais: Suits of Fate and there's a free alpha on their website: http://traf.onanim.com

It uses simplified inputs similar to what Fantasy Strike is doing, but inspired by KoF. Would be interesting to know what you guys here think of it.

It sucks (gave them my email but didn't get a download link)

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Dang, I just assumed the game was going to be fugly (inspired by Fantasy Strike lol) but I love the way it looks.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I don't know if they're privately offering newer builds than this but you can get it here: https://onanimstudio.itch.io/trajes-fatais-minimal-beta1

It's one of those crowdfunded games where the devs were very active during the campaign and basically went quiet once they hit their funding goal, I have no idea what's happening with it or how far along they are.

That early version was a one-button game with weird orbs in place of the life bar but I think they scrapped that and went with something more traditional at some point.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I don't know if they're privately offering newer builds than this but you can get it here: https://onanimstudio.itch.io/trajes-fatais-minimal-beta1

It's one of those crowdfunded games where the devs were very active during the campaign and basically went quiet once they hit their funding goal, I have no idea what's happening with it or how far along they are.

That early version was a one-button game with weird orbs in place of the life bar but I think they scrapped that and went with something more traditional at some point.

Yeah, now it's a 4 button game which feels much better. They're giving builds for people that backed the project, but this new build is for everyone basically.

Trajes Fatais Facebook Page posted:

THE WAIT IS OVER! The time that everyone will have the opportunity to test/play the new Alfa Version of Traf - Suits of Fate has come!
It's EASY to join! Just access >> traf.onanim.com <<, click "Play it now", type your name and e-mail and starting 12/26/2018 we will send STEAM Keys
to everyone who registered.
We emphasize that the keys will be sent gradually and you can receive yours a few days later. So don't waste time and register right now!

This is the newest video they have on their YouTube channel (previous build only for backers, but basically the same):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOSQh4gQKP0

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Sister told me not to play Lili (Tekken 7) in front of her husband when he visits....

..and I don't know how to respond frankly. She also asked me not to gift him more video games (I got him Bloodborne for his bday)
On the one hand, I feel a bit insulted at the insinuation that I am a bad influence to my brother-in-law or to their relationship, over my character choices in a video game or sharing games in general. Also insulted at the insinuation that I play Lili for her attire (which I actually consider pretty tame compared to katarina, etc), and not the fact that her moveset is incredibly fun to mash out. 

On the other hand, while it could be my sister is just prudish or insecure, maybe there are reasons/things going on that I don't know, as to why she would make these requests.. I've never been married so I can't relate fairly.

For context, I was showing my brother-in-law the ropes of Tekken when they visited last week. My sister, who doesn't play games, watched as we played several matches. I played Lili, who I main. She didn't say anything then, but apparently had a problem with it. I don't know what to say. My sister and I typically get along, but I feel kind of pissed off..

Happy New Year as well everyone!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Let me give you some perspective from someone who is married:

Your brother in law is hosed up.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Thank you to reset era

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Update:
Finished lunch with my sister. We had a long discussion.
I told my sister her requests felt weird to me and I asked for more context.
She started off that she thinks the female designs, mannerisms and violence in my Tekken game are inappropriate towards women, and she doesn't want her husband taking part in that aspect of the game. She added that she is not asking that I not play Tekken with him, just that I refrain from picking Lili and other characters that are scantily clad in her eyes. There are some details she shared about her husband's past that I will not share, but know that she isn't jealous of the tekken ladies please.

I feel the Lili design is tame, and I told her that there are crazier designs by far in games, but still I get what she is saying overall. I used Lili's tekken 6 original white outfit with the short skirt for those that are wondering.

I asked her about my gifts and Bloodborne. She said I should know that she does not want things with "spirits," or dark ritual stuff in her household. She's decided to take a religious position and wants to set her home up as a "christian home." She added that she hopes I keep this in mind when I buy gifts for any future kids down the road.

ok many here are probably thinking this is nuts, but although I DISAGREE with her assessment of what is appropriate for her home - its her home. I did ask her what her husband thought of all this, bloodborne, etc, and she said she didn't know. She added if I were one of her husbands friends she would not intervene on her husband's behalf like this, but that I'm her brother so she felt more obliged in her view to come to me.

So yeah. I told her I have no intentions of "corrupting" her home, but that while I will respect her wishes I also want her to respect that I disagree with her stance on Bloodborne at least and asked her to keep an open mind.

Phew! What a day. She actually started tearing up a bit because she started realizing I was very conflicted, and she also doesn't want to harm our relationship as siblings over video games of all things. I told her if I give a gift in the future that bothers her, to know I'm not trying to meddle purposely and to sort it out between her and her husband.
My intention behind bloodborne and tekken after all was that I find them amazing and want to share them :-)

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

:sever: or keep feeding them bloodbornes until they are drawn to the occult and start calling you at 3 am to discuss the hermetic tarot

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Hoooo boy what a start to the year.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Play katarina imo

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
this is why you have a half dozen or so ridiculous custom outfits set up on all of your characters

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

oedon AND lili players? in MY house?

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I wish the twist was that the husband was secretly that Resetera Tekken Man that destroys his basement whenever he loses in Tekken to the point where his wife, kids, and dog are frightened that he may bust out a Death's Cradle on them one day

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Asuka's jorts bringing me to tears.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Smoking Crow posted:

Thank you to reset era

It's hard to tell that was a copy paste

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Tekken is a homewrecker and it's not even because someone keeps picking Eddy and mashing random strings out. drat.

IMHO give your brother-in-law a pure game like Arcana Heart.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Spanish Manlove posted:

It's hard to tell that was a copy paste

There's no way I'm that coherent

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

MechaX posted:

I wish the twist was that the husband was secretly that Resetera Tekken Man that destroys his basement whenever he loses in Tekken to the point where his wife, kids, and dog are frightened that he may bust out a Death's Cradle on them one day

I was hoping the same thing. that guy was legit hosed in the head and got into a car accident because of being mad at Tekken lol

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

A nonzero amount of automotive fatalities have probably happened because people were too blindingly mad about video games to concentrate on driving.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

exquisite tea posted:

A nonzero amount of automotive fatalities have probably happened because people were too blindingly mad about video games to concentrate on driving.

That explains why Justin Wong is terrible at driving.

On another note, apparently JWong is a dad now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

everyone should follow Tom Brady's lead and park in a gas station to cool off

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Dias posted:

That explains why Justin Wong is terrible at driving.

On another note, apparently JWong is a dad now.

Oh god, don't you dare put that image in the public's head

Though surely someone was yelling "let's go Justin" at the time

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Oh god, don't you dare put that image in the public's head

Though surely someone was yelling "let's go Justin" at the time

this post is violence

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

The correct course of action is to raise your concerns but respect her wishes, which you seem to have mostly done. Condolences on your sex maddened brother in law who is easily seduced by frilly skirts, stockings, and witchcraft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

lol