Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Is this show great from the first season? Where can i jump in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
The before the 90 days show was pretty interesting too. They had the 40 year old woman who was dating a 26 year old Swedish guy who seemingly hated her and was more interested in vacationing in New York. There was also this fat guy with a fanny pack who went to Brazil to meet what seemed like an obvious catfish. When she ghosted him after making him wait hours at a restaurant, he reveals that he had a backup date who didn't know she was his backup.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
And the guy who went to Brazil and was only able to talk to his fiancé by using the translate app on his phone

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Deadite posted:

And the guy who went to Brazil and was only able to talk to his fiancé by using the translate app on his phone

So what does he do? Get her pregnant! :discourse:

I also had a hearty lol at him walking around her town wearing a goddamn bullet proof vest.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
And the British guy who was legally unable to enter the US because of anger issues

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Miz Kriss posted:

And the British guy who was legally unable to enter the US because of anger issues

It's been said that strong border controls are needed to keep out criminals and rapists. This show proves it.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.

Miz Kriss posted:

The mystery of who that kid’s dad is took up more of my time than it deserved

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

SpaceAceJase posted:

Is this show great from the first season? Where can i jump in?

oh yeah it's great from the first season. that mormon weirdo that met his wife when she was 12 was season 1 (that little tidbit didn't come up on the show though i don't think).

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
The British dude looked like Dan Blitzan(?)

Deadite posted:

The mystery of who that kid’s dad is took up more of my time than it deserved

Who was that poor child's dad?

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.

Gaunab posted:

The British dude looked like Dan Blitzan(?)

Who was that poor child's dad?

Internet detectives seem to think the British guy is the father. I don’t know why they’d be keeping that on a secret on the show though, other than to maintain the illusion that they met for the first time on the show. The two definitely met in real life around the time she got pregnant.

Also she never once mentions the father of this newborn that she was able to leave the country with without any custody issues cropping up

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

The after season special where the 20 year old guy from Tunisia and the broke 40 year old lady from the rust belt got into an argument that ended with him telling her to seek medical attention for vaginal odor on national television is still the peak cringe for this show.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Fabulousity posted:

The after season special where the 20 year old guy from Tunisia and the broke 40 year old lady from the rust belt got into an argument that ended with him telling her to seek medical attention for vaginal odor on national television is still the peak cringe for this show.

Jesus.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Gonna be real honest, I’m surprised this show has this following on SA. I mean whatever but I’d not expect goons to watch this.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its a show about watching two people destroy themselves mentally, physically, and financially due to their own greed so it makes sense to me.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Burt Sexual posted:

Gonna be real honest, I’m surprised this show has this following on SA. I mean whatever but I’d not expect goons to watch this.

The show is a huge loving train wreck not unlike my 600lb life. What’s not to love.

Also most of us are in our 30s and have women that expose us to this nonsense.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Burt Sexual posted:

As goons' median age slides into the mid-thirties the, "My wife got me into this" is the new "My Canadian girlfriend, you wouldn't know her"

That said my wife is also responsible for any knowledge I have of this show about a dumpster fire fueled by human suffering, apparently 25% of which is quasi-legal sex trafficking.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Fair. My wife watches it too. I just don’t know character names, etc. it’s just gross and I get a lot of gross irl. Too much

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Barudak posted:

Its a show about watching two people destroy themselves mentally, physically, and financially due to their own greed so it makes sense to me.

It's basically an old school gbs thread but in tv form

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
My wife also got me into this trash. Also Teen Mom, 600 Pound Life, that Amish show, and loads of other garbage but awesome tv.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
My wife also watches this show and it's hard not to get sucked into how terrible all of these people are.

She used to watch Teen Mom and it was the same thing but following the same couples for years got stale after a while. 90 Day Fiance keeps it fresh with a new batch of idiots every season

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Demon Of The Fall posted:

My wife also got me into this trash. Also Teen Mom, 600 Pound Life, that Amish show, and loads of other garbage but awesome tv.

Mine watches this, 600 pound life, and sometimes that My Big Fat Life girl. I only remember the last one because the girl's best friend is very goony. Not really in the bespectacled eggplant in an anime t-shirt with a mildew-like neck beard type but the cargo-shorts/button down wearing brute who is friend-zoned so hard he's sitting inside a crater in the DMZ contemplating game theory.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Whitney Thore, right? She gained a lot of weight in college; pretty sure it has to be some medical issue because even people that gain weight from the more obvious factors like poor diet and sedentary life don't gain weight THAT fast unless they were going out of their way to do it on purpose.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
That young obese blond chick was so dumb. The Moroccan guy was so obviously not into her it was embarrassing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR2v1FB99jU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Fabulousity posted:

Which ones are these? what in the gently caress.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

Leon Einstein posted:

Which ones are these? what in the gently caress.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd_oQ5ocBdM

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Holy poo poo I just watched part of an episode on YouTube and these people are so dumb. Lmao to the idiot who didn’t start getting dressed until a half-hour before the wedding and discovered his suit pants weren’t there.

And wow, nice going Colt. I can only guess that reinviting your cousin behind the bride’s back is going to go so well.

These people exist. Wow.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Any scene involving Angela and Michael was the freaking best. I loved when he straight up calls her old and fat lmao

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Actually she kind of busted herself out there. He never mentioned specifics until she did. Gross; I really didn't want to have any knowledge of that woman's genital area. But seriously, why the gently caress do these gross rear end middle aged and older people think they deserve some attractive 20 something? It's just so gross all around. I don't like any of the characters, but I do have pity for a few of them.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Fabulousity posted:

I dunno, The Family Chantal getting into a loving fistfight with Pedro and them him karate kicking a bowl of pretzels or whatever off of the kitchen table was pretty goddamn cringe. Especially when The Mother Chantal is holding up part of Pedro's underage prostitute sister's weave and looking directly into the camera screaming "YO SOY ES MOOUY MALO. PEDRO ES MOOUY MALO!!"

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

I think there was a worse clip with the panel setup where he literally told her to go see a doctor and every other couple is totally horrified. When the other noted scumbags started to turn on the guy en masse he walked off set.

forbidden dialectics posted:

I dunno, The Family Chantal getting into a loving fistfight with Pedro and them him karate kicking a bowl of pretzels or whatever off of the kitchen table was pretty goddamn cringe. Especially when The Mother Chantal is holding up part of Pedro's underage prostitute sister's weave and looking directly into the camera screaming "YO SOY ES MOOUY MALO. PEDRO ES MOOUY MALO!!"

Yeah that whole thing was bad too. Pedro was a flaming jackass but she was dumb for putting up with him and her family were a bunch of trolls who I figured were just trying to chase him off. I dunno if they were after their own dumb TLC show.

I don't think I really paid attention to any of this until the whole Jim Bob Duggar thing at which point I started to mock my wife for watching that show. Looks like she and TLC won in the end. ...But I also got her to watch and love all of Happy! and look forward to season two so I guess there's that small ray of sunshine.

Fabulousity fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jan 3, 2019

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I know about this show because I read realitytea.com reviews of this show which are entertaining because the reviewers never hide their disgust for these shows.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Anyone else remember that 18 year old homeschooled fundie girl who had 80's hair and was convinced she was some unprecedented talent despite singing like a dying goat. Even though she was in a undoubtedly lovely situation (marrying some creepy older foreign guy who had groomed her since she was 15), it was hard to feel bad for her because she was so smug and annoying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1g5tRLS2wI

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

She’s also the cutest of all the 90 Day girls, I have a huge crush on Kolani :blush:

lol that bitch is nasty as gently caress

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

forbidden dialectics posted:

¡No immigration para ti!

My wife watches this poo poo, and I hate on it every time it is on but drat...I can't look away.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I watched an ep of this with my mom while staying at her place for the holidays and i can't believe how far reality shows have sunk from their throne in hell. it's like there's no bottom.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Celery Face posted:

That young obese blond chick was so dumb. The Moroccan guy was so obviously not into her it was embarrassing.

My wife just informed me that she cheated on him between their first and subsequent visits.

Makes her wheeziness and trying to impose her garbage culture and morality on others even funnier/more depressing during the Tunisia scenes.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Oh my god, lol at this couple. He literally is a dumb native visiting the big city for the first time like in a movie. But sure, let’s get pregnant twice because he thinks condoms are for sluts.

She’s also the cutest of all the 90 Day girls, I have a huge crush on Kolani :blush:

I dont get this at all. Unless you are really into BBWs with huge bitch personalities. Shes one of the nastiest women i've ever seen on tv.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

Groovelord Neato posted:

oh yeah it's great from the first season. that mormon weirdo that met his wife when she was 12 was season 1 (that little tidbit didn't come up on the show though i don't think).

You're right, ugh. He talks about being immediately attracted to her on first meeting.

Lock him away forever

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Last Chance posted:

I watched an ep of this with my mom while staying at her place for the holidays and i can't believe how far reality shows have sunk from their throne in hell. it's like there's no bottom.

The character actor Stephen toblowsky once talked about how the editors of reality shows seem to have the clearest grasp on the different between right and wrong—though he was talking about the real housewives IIRC and his reasoning had something to do with how they never miss a chance to highlight the bad behavior of the subjects

It made me laugh anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Did anyone see Colt’s dick pic? People are saying he had a micropenis but I can’t tell if that’s true or just Instagram gossip accounts having fun.