Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

chumbler posted:

Wang Yi, actually.

Yeah, but Yuanji instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

chumbler posted:

Wang Yi, actually.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

chumbler posted:

Wang Yi, actually.

:yeah:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Speaking of which, WO4 refuses to let me play her. I feel like I'm done with at least half of the game. :(

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Wang Yi finally joins late chapter 4 along with Pang De.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

PC version of RotK X doesn't have English localization on any of it's PC versions, does it?
I heard that it was the best one if you're primarily interested in playing as an officer. I guess I should snag the PS2 copy somewhere.

Largepotato posted:

Wang Yi finally joins late chapter 4 along with Pang De.

How many chapters are there in total?

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Jack Trades posted:

PC version of RotK X doesn't have English localization on any of it's PC versions, does it?

nope. the only PC versions the west got are 11 and 13 (along with maybe one of the really old ones, not 100% sure)

Jack Trades posted:

How many chapters are there in total?

13, but some of them are longer than others

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Wang Yi is definitely my favorite but I feel like we're all glossing over how badass Zhurong is.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jibo posted:

Wang Yi is definitely my favorite but I feel like we're all glossing over how badass Zhurong is.

:hai:

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

TheFlyingLlama posted:

13, but some of them are longer than others

13? The game only has 5 chapters.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

TheFlyingLlama posted:

nope. the only PC versions the west got are 11 and 13 (along with maybe one of the really old ones, not 100% sure)

Basically all the Kou Shibusawa HISTORICAL SIMULATION SERIES games until ROTK5 got English DOS releases.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Getting all these unique 5-star weapons in WO4 is a breeze... until it's one of those battles where you have to be here, there and everywhere all at once doing several things in short time while also keeping some dickhead above a certain amount of health.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Tried out the One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 on a friend's reccomendation and whoa...this has to be the most energetic Warriors game I have ever played. I don't know crap about One Piece and its terrifying art style, but I don't care. The level-up system of using character coins you get by interacting with/defeating other characters is definitely unusual, but I kinda like it.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Maleketh posted:

13? The game only has 5 chapters.

so for whatever reason I saw "wang yi and pang de" and immediately assumed we we're talking about DW9 for some reason (probably just that I'm an idiot)

whoops, my bad

TheFlyingLlama fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jan 4, 2019

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I'll give DW9 this: Xiahou Yuan's death cutscene is fittingly anime.

Also apparently you can find the Great Wall as a landmark, that was a nice detail to randomly come across.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Azran posted:

I'll give DW9 this: Xiahou Yuan's death cutscene is fittingly anime.

Also apparently you can find the Great Wall as a landmark, that was a nice detail to randomly come across.

I remember being fairly convinced that that big wall in the middle of the map in the Yellow Turban Rebellion in DW4 was the Great Wall, but I don't know if that was actually supposed to be true or not. Probably not.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

BlazetheInferno posted:

I remember being fairly convinced that that big wall in the middle of the map in the Yellow Turban Rebellion in DW4 was the Great Wall, but I don't know if that was actually supposed to be true or not. Probably not.

Yes and no. The wall would have been built (sort of) but whether or not the battle's location makes sense is up in the air.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Is there a way to force Warriors Orochi 4 to run in fullscreen instead of this weird almost-fullscreen windowed screen?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Azran posted:

Is there a way to force Warriors Orochi 4 to run in fullscreen instead of this weird almost-fullscreen windowed screen?

It runs in real fullscreen for me and I have to use a third party program to run it in borderless windowed like I want instead.
What's your secret?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Jack Trades posted:

It runs in real fullscreen for me and I have to use a third party program to run it in borderless windowed like I want instead.
What's your secret?

First couple times I played it, it run in fullscreen just fine. Now I can't get it to do that - it opens in windowed mode and I get 45fps instead of 60.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Azran posted:

First couple times I played it, it run in fullscreen just fine. Now I can't get it to do that - it opens in windowed mode and I get 45fps instead of 60.

Does changing the Fullscreen setting in graphics settings do anything?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

:downs: Turns out there is a graphics settings menu, just tucked away in the main menu. Nevermind!

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Speedball posted:

Tried out the One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 on a friend's reccomendation and whoa...this has to be the most energetic Warriors game I have ever played. I don't know crap about One Piece and its terrifying art style, but I don't care. The level-up system of using character coins you get by interacting with/defeating other characters is definitely unusual, but I kinda like it.

The great thing is that you really don't need to know anything about One Piece. It's just Magical Pirate Adventures and...GO!

Just don't try to follow the story from this game. It's missing big chunks of things since it assumes that the people playing it know the source material a bit. Just...Magical Pirate Adventures.

I'd really like it if they would make a fourth game. The whole Warriors genre has developed some cool new features since Pirate Warriors 3 came out, and I think the whole team up attack system is my favorite mechanic. It's great having more and more buddies as the battle goes on jump out and attack after every combo when in the special mode, and it's gotta be one of the easier special modes to hit in these games.

On a different note, I've been playing Hyrule Warriors again lately and I really wish there was an option for increasing the font size. My eyes aren't what they once were. If I hadn't played through the story before, I'd have almost no idea what anyone was saying. Also really hoping for a Hyrule Warriors 2 if they can bring in the Champions from BotW, but that's probably not happening.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I could see a HW2 happening. It'll be a minute, but I think it's coming.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Should just do Smash Warriors at this point

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

But Fire Emblem Warriors already exists!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

What IS Omega Force even doing now? Warriors Orochi 4 is done, Dynasty Warriors 9 has its tiny skeleton crew repairing it, they finished Dragon Quest Builders 2 for Square, they don't have anything known coming up as far as I know.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
A second fire emblem warriors at least, with how much they talked about Ike and the other popular characters.

They're probably split in resources with switch ports.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Policenaut posted:

What IS Omega Force even doing now? Warriors Orochi 4 is done, Dynasty Warriors 9 has its tiny skeleton crew repairing it, they finished Dragon Quest Builders 2 for Square, they don't have anything known coming up as far as I know.

Warriors All-Stars 2, now with more questionable frame rates

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Policenaut posted:

Soviet Warriors

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

KT in general seem to have scaled back their release 40 games a year strategy which suits me given recent quality of, well, everything they published in the last couple of years, though it remains to be seen wether that actually improves. Orochi 4 and the recent Atelier seem to be improvements at least.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Takoluka posted:

Warriors All-Stars 2, now with more questionable frame rates

100% more furries.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I'm hoping for samurai 5.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I want another Empires game of any kind of PC. :(

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Sakurazuka posted:

They've said they'd like to do a Mario Warriors, so it could happen. Maybe not soon, but maybe.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Bloodly posted:

They've said they'd like to do a Mario Warriors, so it could happen.

!

quote:

Maybe not soon, but maybe.

gently caress, now what do I do with this hardon?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

KT would put Bowsette in Mario Warriors given half the chance.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

chumbler posted:

KT would put Bowsette in Mario Warriors given half the chance.

... Hell, yeah, probably. They gave us Linkle after all.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
It would probably get Geno before Smash, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Geno's already in Smash

as a ghost you wear to accessorize