Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Except twin peaks s3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Kraanerg posted:

Someone tweeter at them that the people want mike and rich TNG full series commentary, maybe occasional guest stars depending on the episode.
there have got to be people who starred in TNG who're now at RLM commentary tier.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

So Brian Bonsall?

Kraanerg
Aug 17, 2013

Saint Drogo posted:

there have got to be people who starred in TNG who're now at RLM commentary tier.

I was going to say that. There are plenty of TNG people who are RLM 'gettable'. I would consider contributing to their Patreon if they did full commentaries for the TNG/DS9 era shows. Mike and Rich are constantly rewatching those series, just record it and sell it you hacks!

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Taintrunner posted:

The boys really need to watch The Expanse, as it’s such a loving better show than STD and way more fun than FREAKIN STAH WAHS

I just finished the second season premiere. Give it to me straight: are these terribly written Martian exposition dumpers going to live more than another episode? Because I want them all to die ASAP.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Actually all Tv sucks

Add movies to this

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

They cut almost all of that out of the show because that poo poo was popular when the books were written but is dated as hell now.

Didn’t read the books but everything after the glowing blue zombie monster bullshit is loving solid and cool and also a ripoff of Halo but it’s fine.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Endless Trash posted:

Didn’t read the books but everything after the glowing blue zombie monster bullshit is loving solid and cool and also a ripoff of Halo but it’s fine.

There's also some hella Mass Effect going on at points, too. It's pretty clear the authors of the books are giant nerds and are inspired by some of those games. Which tbh is part of the charm of the show for me.

The Expanse owns.

e: I should prob read the books at some point

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Someone in the Dune thread said Shoreh Aghdashloo (Avasarala) from The Expanse should play the Bene Gesserit Rev Mother Mohaim and I thought that would be pretty kick rear end.

Kraanerg
Aug 17, 2013
I watched the trailer for The Expanse and it looked like one of those 90s era Sci-Fi channel shows where they have no production budget so they raid the PD departments of their other shows and end up with this anachronistic mess of trilby hats, cowboy revolvers, and rooms full of jars with food coloring. I mean, if it's a good story I'll give it a shot

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

priznat posted:

Someone in the Dune thread said Shoreh Aghdashloo (Avasarala) from The Expanse should play the Bene Gesserit Rev Mother Mohaim and I thought that would be pretty kick rear end.

Shohreh Aghdashloo should play everyone in anything, I love that fabulous oval office.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

priznat posted:

i would be into this. Shoreh Aghdashloo owns amd should get more work.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Trilby hat man is a pretty high hurdle to get over. In the book/show's defense I will say everyone is embarrassed by him in-universe as well

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Norton the First posted:

I just finished the second season premiere. Give it to me straight: are these terribly written Martian exposition dumpers going to live more than another episode? Because I want them all to die ASAP.

Okay yes

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Kraanerg posted:

I watched the trailer for The Expanse and it looked like one of those 90s era Sci-Fi channel shows where they have no production budget so they raid the PD departments of their other shows and end up with this anachronistic mess of trilby hats, cowboy revolvers, and rooms full of jars with food coloring. I mean, if it's a good story I'll give it a shot

You should watch it. Bear in mind the first season is a bit of a slow burn at first (though I enjoyed it. it probably helped i binged S1 after it aired) and doesn't really kick into a higher gear until, I'd say episode 4 or so?

The lead is also kind of terrible tho he's grown on me. He is like an American Kit Harrington down to the same gormless expression on his face. Which is kind of oddly fitting considering the relationship between The Expanse and GoT books. But the rest of the ensemble is top notch so they all make up for him being kind of bland.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

One thing that is interesting about The Expanse show is how effortlessly diverse it is. It never even registered with me before but it’s true. Also all my favourite characters on it are female (Avarsala, Bobbie, Drummer)

Also regarding Holden I’m pretty sure he is a trojan horse to bring in the sci fi white male nerds without them getting all uncomfortable with a lady and/or POC, even subconsciously. He’s a bit of a saviour figure and I like him but he’s definitely not the most interesting character.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

priznat posted:

One thing that is interesting about The Expanse show is how effortlessly diverse it is. It never even registered with me before but it’s true. Also all my favourite characters on it are female (Avarsala, Bobbie, Drummer)

Also regarding Holden I’m pretty sure he is a trojan horse to bring in the sci fi white male nerds without them getting all uncomfortable with a lady and/or POC, even subconsciously. He’s a bit of a saviour figure and I like him but he’s definitely not the most interesting character.

Elizbeth Mitchell also owns loving bones when she shows up as Anna.

Also yeah, I like Holden as a character, it's just his actor is such a loving dope. Which to be honest fits Holden well. It's just a little off putting in the beginning, when he's so bland but everyone else introduced is interesting from the jump. I'd say he just takes a bit to grow into the role, or the role maybe takes a bit to get more interesting.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

esperterra posted:

You should watch it. Bear in mind the first season is a bit of a slow burn at first (though I enjoyed it. it probably helped i binged S1 after it aired) and doesn't really kick into a higher gear until, I'd say episode 4 or so?

The lead is also kind of terrible tho he's grown on me. He is like an American Kit Harrington down to the same gormless expression on his face. Which is kind of oddly fitting considering the relationship between The Expanse and GoT books. But the rest of the ensemble is top notch so they all make up for him being kind of bland.

Amos is loving bae

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Endless Trash posted:

Amos is loving bae

:yeah:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I just love how real and lived in the vast majority of characters feel, even before you start to delve into their pasts they mostly all feel like 3 dimensional people moving through a detailed world-- and it only gets better once we start to learn more about the people they were before we encounterd them. The Expanse is hella cool.

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Didn’t he turn out to be like a racist or something ? I too like authenticity, unless it’s about sending minorities into ovens

Everything is fake.

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

esperterra posted:

The Expanse is hella cool.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

luchajones posted:

Wish we got real content instead of this

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Endless Trash posted:

Amos is loving bae

Hell yeah. He's on my exceptions list for sure.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
The Expanse is a good show that features Dominique Tipper as the female lead

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
why would there be a thick layer of dust on a space derelict

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sydney Bottocks posted:

The Expanse is a good show that features Dominique Tipper as the female lead

That's not Cara Gee, but I forgive you.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I sure wish either of those women would sit down for an extended talk about star trek with me.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

reignofevil posted:

I sure wish either of those women would sit down for an extended talk about star trek with me.

Too slow, dirtbag!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Relin posted:

why would there be a thick layer of dust on a space derelict

Because it's old! Duh!

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Draper is the hottest lady on the expanse and amos is the hottest lad.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

the clip of the alien sneezing on the std s2 trailer was fantastic, like the comedy on the orville is easily the worst part of it by far, seth had to promise to dial it back and focus more on regurgitating old star trek stories to appease viewers who were jonesing for something more in the vein of the old star trek spirit

and somehow a corporate boardroom looked at this situation and sussed out that it was, in fact, the fart comedy that people liked about the orville and made sure to bring that to std

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

jit bull transpile posted:

Draper is the hottest lady on the expanse and amos is the hottest lad.

:yeah:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Expanse is good because they murdered the gently caress out of Adam Savage and floated his corpse across the screen in Season 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BiHKRXTS2k

Film Gob is now an enemy of the Republic RLM crew after he went full SNYDER CUT.

Lol I read the loving comments on this dipshit's video posted:

Lost so much respect for LRM during the last 2 years. They have been talking so much nonsense recently.

Just to name a few instances:

1) They poo poo on Hollywood for relying on nostalgia. Yet, when Mike pitched his idea for the Picard TV show, it was built on nothing BUT nostalgia and fanservice. So much so, that the whole idea is using the final episode of TNG as the basis for everything.

2) They have given all the MCU movies VERY favorable reviews, clearly pandering to the fanbase in order to get more subscribers. They completely ignore the point about tone consistency - which they made such a HUGE deal of in their Revenge of the Sith Plinkett review.

3) Mike said the scene in Justice League when Superman fights the League is the only scene that has "interesting lighting" going on. But only because it was changed from Snyders night-version to daylight - you know? The scene that looks incredibly fake because they ruined the original lighting to make it obvious, bad greenscreen?

4) In their Justice League review and audio commentary, they pin everything they think is bad about the movie on Snyder.

5) Jay, a guy who likes to analyze artful movies by great directors like David Lynch, completely shuts down when he sees a movie by Zack Snyder. Snyder's movies are filled with metaphors, symbolism, and allegories. Yet, Jay doesn't even attempt to dig into it. They all just agreed to hate the guy - THE END.

6) Ultimately, they always reject everything that is fresh and new - except when they expected it to be. This is something all movie critics are guilty of. These hack frauds are no better than all the wanna-be critics and bloggers out there. Their fans are blindly devoted to them and can be incredibly aggressive and obnoxious if you dare say anything against RLM. They have lost it a long time ago.

They have sold out and even their satire has become quite stale. Their last Nerd Crew was pretty weak.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Arcsquad12 posted:

The Expanse is good because they murdered the gently caress out of Adam Savage and floated his corpse across the screen in Season 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BiHKRXTS2k

Film Gob is now an enemy of the Republic RLM crew after he went full SNYDER CUT.

Italian Rich Evans is a pretty good find though

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Film Gob has always been poo poo though.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

mallratcal posted:

Film Gob has always been poo poo though.

Except when he used RLM to poo poo on Collider.

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

mallratcal posted:

Film Gob has always been poo poo.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Having a preferred side for Marvel movies vs. DC movies is a bad sign for anyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kraanerg
Aug 17, 2013
I don't like that they keep using re:View for Star Track talk. At this point Mike and Rich Talk About Star Track should be its own series.