Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Toalpaz posted:

okay so who's scum.

I think trying to turbo infinitum off the bat could be conceived as scummy. I think that trying to start thunderdomes is scummy.

Top scums is Gulag and Infinitum right?

##vote Infinitum

What do you mean, trying to start thunderdomes? Someone either has it and uses it or not, and Infinitum's opinions on them are meaningless unless he has one.

Toalpaz posted:

-S Tobbs: Describes me as being contradictory for hopping on a bandwagon of joke votes when I voted for Infinitum, despite me offering a reason that was not a joke. It’s an uncharitable read of that post that Quidthulhu shares: That the second line doesn’t refer to Infinitum but instead refers to Gulagdolls, the subject of the first statement. The fact that they share that reading of my post may indicate them discussing it in discord, because I don’t think the sentence is that hard to follow and make the same mistaken reading twice. Plus trying to ‘mistakenly’ read what is clearly a more effortful post is an easy way for scum to turn the conversation onto people who are trying to play the game.

Your reasoning is fake, and I think you latched onto his thunderdome comments as a way to jump on a bandwagon.

As for his list, it looks like an effort post but the majority of his scum reads are just people suspicious of him.

Also notable is that he stands behind his vote on Infinitum for talking about thunderdomes, but calls Infinitum neutral on his list.

Faking opinions is scum strategy and fortunately caught scum Toalpaz is really bad at it.

As an aside I have no clue why he thinks I was mixing up Infinitum and gulag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
hmm....

Mason AA

Doc depends on lunch today. Just generally on strongest town reads probably maybe fisk or solus or b-.

Vig, Tobbs or Hal prob

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

This is Lurker AA, not scum AA.

There would be a lot more try hard villainy and obvious "mustache twirls"

Its d1, I've got no solid opinion. People who do look more suspect. Classic scum tells. You're welcome.

:regd09:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

What do you mean, trying to start thunderdomes? Someone either has it and uses it or not, and Infinitum's opinions on them are meaningless unless he has one.

Your reasoning is fake, and I think you latched onto his thunderdome comments as a way to jump on a bandwagon.

Lol people have started unofficial thunderdomes and they've totally taken off and ruined d1 before. In the short time I've been hear it's happened once and is always at least brought up as a joke so I take it seriously.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

As for his list, it looks like an effort post but the majority of his scum reads are just people suspicious of him.

Also notable is that he stands behind his vote on Infinitum for talking about thunderdomes, but calls Infinitum neutral on his list.

Didn't read all the post eh? Would have been better to post tl;dr in that case.

Also I offer more than half scumreads on people who haven't mentioned me, with fairly good d1 cases. That isn't faking content.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
MASON BIF
DOC SOLUS
VIG SCUMPAZ

Reasoning.

Bif is most likely to talk in a Mason doc and take it seriously.

Solus put out a big list of reads with reasoning, ballsy move as scum.

Scumpaz did something similar but his opinions look fake/inconsistent and his scum reads are just people suspicious of him.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I'll be around til deadline. No strong feelings atm but toal's thoughts are as good as any.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Toalpaz posted:

Lol people have started unofficial thunderdomes and they've totally taken off and ruined d1 before. In the short time I've been hear it's happened once and is always at least brought up as a joke so I take it seriously.

Also I offer more than half scumreads on people who haven't mentioned me, with fairly good d1 cases. That isn't faking content.

An unofficial thunderdome is just a piling up of votes on two front-runners. That happens almost every day of every game and doesn't ruin anything. I'd have to see your example.

I read the post. Yes you included people who didn't vote/case you. But for zero of the people suspicious of you did you stop and think, "Could this person's suspicions of me be coming from a town perspective?"

For me that's a sign of scum play, though it could be chalked up to inexperience if you're a newer player.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

also I guess I'd:

mason toalpaz- I still feel I can get reliable reads on toalpaz, especially with a private masonry. also toalpaz is a good masonry partner
vote AA- I am also suspicious of them feeling the need to deny my possible scum read on them
vig quid/bif- quid because they'd help inform my AA feelings, plus they're maybe scum. bif because bif cannot be trusted

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

I'm not just referring to the fact that my scumreads are not mostly people who have been susp of me. (Besides that isn't a scum tell to be susp of people who vote you easily because you know you're town).

I'm also referring to how I changed my vote to you Tobbs, and did not 'stand behind my vote on infinitum'. That's the second time you've misread me in order to call me scummy. If you're town than work harder and case other people if you're scared of a little bit of attention.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SolusLunes posted:

also I guess I'd:

mason toalpaz- I still feel I can get reliable reads on toalpaz, especially with a private masonry. also toalpaz is a good masonry partner
vote AA- I am also suspicious of them feeling the need to deny my possible scum read on them
vig quid/bif- quid because they'd help inform my AA feelings, plus they're maybe scum. bif because bif cannot be trusted

I didn't even see it :v:

I was hyped up for this pre-game start, and still want to get involved. I just got struck with stress and listlessness right after the game started lol, but I'm working through it.

I feel ways about paz, but I like paz and they always roll scum, I'll give them the benefit of doubt for the day.

I like this list. Feels like a solus list, but do you think I'm scum so much that you'd have to vig quid or bif for clarity. That's suspicious mate.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I didn't even see it :v:

I was hyped up for this pre-game start, and still want to get involved. I just got struck with stress and listlessness right after the game started lol, but I'm working through it.

I feel ways about paz, but I like paz and they always roll scum, I'll give them the benefit of doubt for the day.

I like this list. Feels like a solus list, but do you think I'm scum so much that you'd have to vig quid or bif for clarity. That's suspicious mate.

Bif was a joke in that list, but vigging quid is because I think they're scummier than you are, and I'd rather play those odds instead of vigging you first

plus it's day 1, if I had a dayvig, I'd totally use it because of having a dayvig

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

An unofficial thunderdome is just a piling up of votes on two front-runners.

Do what?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Toalpaz posted:

I'm not just referring to the fact that my scumreads are not mostly people who have been susp of me. (Besides that isn't a scum tell to be susp of people who vote you easily because you know you're town).

I'm also referring to how I changed my vote to you Tobbs, and did not 'stand behind my vote on infinitum'. That's the second time you've misread me in order to call me scummy. If you're town than work harder and case other people if you're scared of a little bit of attention.

You called Infinitum scum and voted him for talking about thunderdomes then made a big list of players that didn't include Infinitum as a scum read.

What am I misreading here? I am town and I'm casing someone who I think is scum. I'm happy to look at other players, but beyond people voting you, your other reads are lurkers/shitposters. That's actually worse than just calling anyone who votes you scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
:hmmyes:

I like tobbs's play so far as well. Good points.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I stand behind my old vote. It wasn't a joke. I made a vote and felt it was good. More information came, and I think that certain people look more scummy in light of it. So I voted for one of them.

You made 'Toalpaz stood behind the vote' to sound like I wrote the list out and stood behind a vote on a neutral read. I don't vote for people who I have a neutral read on. I sequentially vote and make new decisions based on new information. I think voting infinitum was right at the time and did it. I have new information based on people's reaction to my vote and am voting people based on that. Despite that relatively normal set of interactions, you're defending the fact that you said that 'toalpaz stood behind a vote.' Which is just twisting the situation.

When the reality is I voted because I thought someone was scummy, defended it, got new info, voted for someone who I thought was scummy. There's nothing wrong with that. You phrased it in such a way that it read that I wrote out the whole list and then kept on voting someone who was neutral.

Thinking that someone is scum and then changing your mind is not 'fake reasoning'.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sorry haven't been present.

I feel like the game has mostly been quiet. A lot of null interactions.

I was getting some feels from coolpaz, nothing concrete feels.

feels on infi too, but it's been... years?

Less concerned about the quiet, more concerned about the chaff.

Feel like BK Gay interactions while funny are curiously under the radar.

Like quids game so far.

Would vote? Don't have an opinion.

Would not vote? quid or bif

why wouldn't you vote me all I've done is white noise FF chitchat and a meaningless jokevote on Quid lookit this sucking up

##vote AA

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Toalpaz posted:

Infinitum: Asks for a thunderdome and those kinda suck so I voted him. Other than that its 9 hours to deadline and has only shitposts on the table. (this is null)

-S Flerp: Scum probably. He encourages thunderdome and votes me.

Toalpaz posted:

I stand behind my old vote. It wasn't a joke. I made a vote and felt it was good. More information came, and I think that certain people look more scummy in light of it. So I voted for one of them.

You made 'Toalpaz stood behind the vote' to sound like I wrote the list out and stood behind a vote on a neutral read. I don't vote for people who I have a neutral read on. I sequentially vote and make new decisions based on new information. I think voting infinitum was right at the time and did it. I have new information based on people's reaction to my vote and am voting people based on that. Despite that relatively normal set of interactions, you're defending the fact that you said that 'toalpaz stood behind a vote.' Which is just twisting the situation.

When the reality is I voted because I thought someone was scummy, defended it, got new info, voted for someone who I thought was scummy. There's nothing wrong with that. You phrased it in such a way that it read that I wrote out the whole list and then kept on voting someone who was neutral.

Thinking that someone is scum and then changing your mind is not 'fake reasoning'.

So you got new info on Infinitum to make you no longer think he's scum, but you think flerp is scum for the same reason you thought Infinitum was scum.

To me this doesn't make sense. The only way it does make sense is that you're scum faking opinions.

I'm not trying to misrepresent you here, I'm trying to give you a chance to convince me that you're town. I'm not convinced.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

why wouldn't you vote me all I've done is white noise FF chitchat and a meaningless jokevote on Quid lookit this sucking up

##vote AA

Mostly because you replaced in. More of a personal policy to not vote replacement players that same day without seeing how they act.

The original player could be scummy and the new player not, and vice versa. This isnt a buddying ploy.

I am a sewer creature.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mostly because you replaced in. More of a personal policy to not vote replacement players that same day without seeing how they act.

The original player could be scummy and the new player not, and vice versa. This isnt a buddying ploy.

I am a sewer creature.

Also, given that it is day1 and you are a replacement. It is like double immunity.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
"gently caress you, I'm scummy as poo poo, vote me motherfucker."

-Bifauxnen

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Wait when did I try to dayvig someone

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

##dayvig Solus

Oh lol I forgot about this

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

So you got new info on Infinitum to make you no longer think he's scum, but you think flerp is scum for the same reason you thought Infinitum was scum.

To me this doesn't make sense. The only way it does make sense is that you're scum faking opinions.

I'm not trying to misrepresent you here, I'm trying to give you a chance to convince me that you're town. I'm not convinced.

I'll explain why I think Infinitum is null/flerp is scum.

In a world where you flip scum it's unlikely you'd have jumped on me casing Infinitum if Infinitum was Scum to reduce the connections between scum players. If you knew infinitum was town because you were scum, you'd pick me to case because as you've already mentioned, you think of me as a weak new player. This would make an easier lunch for Scum Tobbs to make.

This means if you're my primary scum case that infinitum is probably neutral or not scum in my opinion. In addition you've dug in, you probably aren't arguing with or around scum buddies if you're playing scum. You'll be remembered for this argument with me.

Flerp: Often gets a pass. Didn't introduce the idea of thunderdome so probably wouldn't have been targeted. It's an anti town behavior to encourage and low risk if your scum. Is acting scummy in the meta sense from few games I've played with him.

Infinitum is around and offering comments that I think look better too. For now I'd rather go with my other targets.

A reference to my scum reads so far:

Toalpaz posted:

-S Tobbs: Describes me as being contradictory for hopping on a bandwagon of joke votes when I voted for Infinitum, despite me offering a reason that was not a joke. It’s an uncharitable read of that post that Quidthulhu shares: That the second line doesn’t refer to Infinitum but instead refers to Gulagdolls, the subject of the first statement. The fact that they share that reading of my post may indicate them discussing it in discord, because I don’t think the sentence is that hard to follow and make the same mistaken reading twice. Plus trying to ‘mistakenly’ read what is clearly a more effortful post is an easy way for scum to turn the conversation onto people who are trying to play the game.

-S Quidthulhu: Mostly shitposts until he can point to a post (mine) that makes an attempt at serious reads. It could be a simple mistake, but Quid misread my post to mean something unfavourable to me. He makes the same mistake that Tobbs does in not attaching the second line to the second person I mention as scummy. This could mean they read over the post together and discussed it briefly in scum chat. Upon review of Tobbs’ posts I think it’s worthwhile to call Quid scummy.

-S Hal: He has 2 posts, a sign up post and a post checking in. Seriously look.

-S Flerp: Scum probably. He encourages thunderdome and votes me.

-S Cpig: 9 hours to deadline and has only shitposts on the table, but then excuses himself for not being around until deadline by making up an excuse in advance. That’s scum anxiety probably.

-S AA: Offers a scum read-less ‘effort post’. That kinda looks bad and is usually a scum indicator for me.

Hmm.... probably here is where I'll start for now. It could be a coincidence but maybe not. I'd go any of my scumreads today but I'll start on the connection I think I made. ##vote Tobbs

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I am a sewer creature.

lol it is still in the middle of D1 who needs to think like that about replacements this time

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

lol it is still in the middle of D1 who needs to think like that about replacements this time

Sewer creatures

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
And it's a general policy, not specific to your replacing in. Just in general.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm home from work, and let me say what I think of Toal as a closeted heterosexual man, everyone that cases you is not scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

imgay posted:

I'm home from work, and let me say what I think of Toal as a closeted heterosexual man, everyone that cases you is not scum.

Are you saying that you think toal is engaged in slapfights because that is curious my yifflord

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im saying toal types so much that my eyes glaze over after 2 sentences

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Ok, that at least makes sense.

Generally, and by generally I mean always, it's a bad idea to make connections between unflipped players.

I'm starting to think that this is a case of a lot of bad reasoning. It looks really bad, because it is, but I can see you making those posts from a town perspective.

##unvote

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
post with your heart, not your thesaurus

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

imgay posted:

Hey, I've gotten countless scums from OMGUSing.

I'm a walking honey pot for scum.

They say I'm walking around with the scarlet S because I'm so easy. I always go down d1.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
##vote fisk

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

imgay posted:

My mind is telling me no, but my thesaurus! My thesaurus is telling me certainly.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

imgay posted:

My inscriptions are bounteous and burgeon with verisimilitude.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Toalpaz posted:

okay so who's scum.

I think trying to turbo infinitum off the bat could be conceived as scummy. I think that trying to start thunderdomes is scummy.

Top scums is Gulag and Infinitum right?

##vote Infinitum

this post hurt my brain

Toalpaz posted:

What? Infinitum tries to start a thunderdome. He's the one I'm referring to in the second sentence. The first line is a case against gulag and the second is a case against infinitum.

I don't think that being that someone trying to start a 'joke' (or not) turbo on you clears you, in the case of infinitum. There are no defenses that really would stop me from voting anyone day one, and the best case should be the vote simply because we don't know the shape of scum relationships yet.

:smugjones: ##vote toalpaz

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
oof, I will say Toal makes it hard to trust them with these posts...

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

MASON DOC VIG

MASON coolpaz

DOC quid or coolpaz

VIG gay flerp inf or bk

rude

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

guys slow down I'm not an SK so I can't actually murder all of you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

This is Lurker AA, not scum AA.

There would be a lot more try hard villainy and obvious "mustache twirls"

Its d1, I've got no solid opinion. People who do look more suspect. Classic scum tells. You're welcome.

is this the binary, can we only have one or the other AA