Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Brawnfire posted:

"Oh, hi kitty!"

"murnt"

:stonk:

lmao

I mean
lmrġ

e: see this is what happens if you get too close and get exposed to the mal
e2: go WEST

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jan 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. How
Jul 10, 2007

star worse

dark vader

r2du

ewok (~cute~)

"its is trap!"

lander calrisa

greddo

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Dr. How posted:

star worse

dark vader

r2du

ewok (~cute~)

"its is trap!"

lander calrisa

greddo

lol

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Over There posted:

Go [E]ast to kill whatever is attacking you.

500 good dogs posted:

Over There posted:

Go [E]ast to kill whatever is attacking you.

ilmucche posted:

Do this, but take the bolt from the tree to use as a weapon. Also throw the bird corpse at them

Like you're gonna trust some vagrant; this is probably a trick! Taking your vulpinhawk corpse in one hand and wresting the crossbow bolt from the tree, you prepare yourself for a charge. You launch yourself towards the thick vegetation to the EAST, and quickly snag and trip on dozens of criss-crossing vines and branches. Not to be cowed, you thrust your makeshift weapon over and over again into the plant-life until at last you hear the loud--and unexpected--clang of metal against metal.

Something not unlike the child of a weightlifter and a tank seems to have replaced the wall of foliage, and its two large gauntlets rise up to shove you hard onto the path. You regain yourself just in time to see the monster point an arm towards you, a deadly-looking mechanical crossbow taut and ready to fire.

You throw the bird corpse at them. In midair, the deceased avian's body meets the speeding bolt. They do a brief and gory aerial ballet that ends in a shameful pile on the ground.

You have nothing but your bare hands now; those don't seem like they will do much against seven feet of metal and leather.

Tace Vim posted:

runaway! go west!

You get the Squiv off your rear end and run like mad to the WEST, deciding to take your chances with what's-his-name-you-never-learned and his freaky eyes instead of the metal giant--who you sensed at this very moment was aiming another bolt at your head.

1.) Duck!
2.) Do a roll off the path to the left!
3.) Do a roll off the path to the right!
4.) Just keep running!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Dr. How posted:

r2du

lander calrisa

God drat. :newlol:

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
That bastard

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Go left!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Do back flips down the road to dodge.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Every loving day. Every single loving day when i come home this little shitter just sits there and gives me this stupid look on his face. What should i do about him? Ideas?

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jan 4, 2019

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

The Glumslinger posted:

Every loving day. Every single loving day when i come home this little shitter just sits there and gives me this stupid look on his face. What should i do about him? Ideas?

Lol.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

The Glumslinger posted:

Lmao

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
https://ganbreeder.app/i?k=8207fe6ff22531d7a17d9f20

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

3, roll right!

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

one of birdpope's owlcolytes

e: two of them

Galaxander fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jan 4, 2019

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

This one looks especially pious

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

Sorry, did you say "don't pee here" or "don't be here?"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Looks like we have a tie! Two votes for rolling right:

ilmucche posted:

3, roll right!

Two votes for left:

And one vote for sick backflips which, drat, what a write-in; if only that had run.

pixaal posted:

Do back flips down the road to dodge.

In these times of uncertainty, we turn to THE COIN OF INCOMPREHENSIBLE TRUTHS

HEADS, you roll left. TAILS, you roll right.

Drum roll please... FLIPPING! And it lands on...

Uh... I'm gonna just use a quarter, be right back.

And our result is... HEADS

You toss yourself to the left, tucking and rolling down a short incline. As you sit up you feel a hand grip your arm; you strike out in alarm.

"What in Squiv, stop it!" cries out a voice.

"Who--"

"Oh, you again." you say. "This was your special hiding place? In the bushes next to the path?"

"No, thank you, I had a much better place in mind. Please, do remember you were supposed to follow me, and not entice an Orthemka to come attack us!"

"What's an Orthemka?" you ask.

Before the stranger can answer, the constructed monster stomps his way down the path.

1.) Stay silent and hidden.
2.) Extend a stick to try to trip the monster.
3.) Jump out behind the monster and smash its head with a rock.
4.) Push this guy in front of the monster and run like mad.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

1.) Stay silent and hidden. Maybe we can seduce this guy and finally find happiness in domestic bliss.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

The left eye sees truths; the right perceives lies. Let's go with

1.) Stay silent and hidden.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

King Lazer posted:

one of birdpope's owlcolytes

Birdpope, blessed Birdpope!
We hide beneath thy wings!
O save us from the things
That seek our shiny teeth to take;
That moistly siphon flesh to make
A boat of tongues upon their Lake:
We hide beneath thy wings!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

mmm yeah

edit: option 1, stay hidden

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

1 stay hidden. With this magical blending technology we should be able to become the grass

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
3! And make the best war face while doing that.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Paladinus posted:

3! And make the best war face while doing that.

How's this for war face :smuggo:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Brawnfire posted:

How's this for war face :smuggo:

That thing is adorable and doesn't look like a war face. Is this our shrunken head companion that talks and aids us on our quest?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

For a moment as the armored fiend passes, you have a flight of fancy about leaping at it and caving its metal skull in with a rock. But you weren't even sure what was in there, really. A brain, maybe. A conglomeration of strange cogs or a gemstone pulsing with eerie light seemed just as likely from the look of the thing.

You're ashamed to admit it, but your mind even went to a dark little corner where you sacrificed this stranger (with really screwed-up eyes, honestly you hated to look at 'em) by shoving him onto the path and booking it into the woods. What a dick move that would have been! Very out of character.

That weird-eyed dude starts to whimper, so you shoot him a look saying "don't whimper." You see he's clutching his knees, trying to avoid something on the ground.

What in Squiv is that thing?

A little closer to you, another:

You suddenly are overwhelmed with sympathy for your companion as you pull back out of alarm. The urge to shout is overpowering, but that thing--what had he called it, an Orthemka?--was still stalking down the path.

The crawly things are slowly crawling towards each of you, waving their weird appendages as if sensing, or threatening, or something altogether alien. They also rustle like dry leaves, almost like they're talking to each other. You hate them.

You hear a very strange sound, and you peek out of the underbrush to see the Orthemka place an item on the ground. Shards of metal like irregular swords spring out of the earth and seem to slice open the air itself, letting light pour out.

The Orthemka walks towards the bright light as it were an open door--

You feel the creepy crawling thing scratching at your leg! Yikes!

1.) Hold still another moment! The Orthemka is almost gone!
2.) Gaaahh! You can't take it anymore! Leap out onto the path--the Orthemka's one foot out the door anyhow!
3.) Maybe the Orthemka won't hear it if I, er, hammer the life out of these things with a sizable stone?
4.) Run up and kick the Orthemka through the portal! Ha!
5.) Look to the Eye Guy for a suggestion. Eye Guy? Really? If you survive this, maybe you should ask him his name.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Fortune favors the bold! 4!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Pick the alien scorpion up and keep it as a pet next to the shrunken head.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I never want to see those insect things again, so either 2 or 4 because they both involve running away from them.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

When you come to a 4'k in the path, you should take it. [im picking 4]

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

pixaal posted:

Pick the alien scorpion up and keep it as a pet next to the shrunken head.

You shudder as you contemplate enclosing the creature in your hand, feeling its mix of chitin and pulsing flesh struggle against your grasp, and putting it in your rucksack for some reason.

There's that part in your brain again, urging you to do what you least want to happen. There must be a name for it... it was like some kind of little evil guy who wanted you to do awful things... Oh well, someone more poetic than you has probably coined a term already.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Fortune favors the bold! 4!

ilmucche posted:

I never want to see those insect things again, so either 2 or 4 because they both involve running away from them.

value-brand cereal posted:

When you come to a 4'k in the path, you should take it. [im picking 4]

Time to make moves. Simpering in the bushes with Eye Guy and the buggy whatsits wasn't going anywhere. You spring up and build up a head of speed, and cover half the span before the Orthemka pauses as if hearing you, and begins to awkwardly turn around.

"poo poo," you say, and try to speed up your pace. The Ortemka has turned enough to aim its crossbow at you! When you get within leaping distance you kick out your feet and they slam into the Orthemka's chestplate just as it fires off a shot. The bolt careens off harmlessly. The massive creature stumbles backwards, pulled to the ground by its bulk but also seemingly pulled by an unseen force towards the portal.

Just like that, it disappears beyond the portal. Your victory is short-lived. The same unseen force has begun pulling you where you lay, prone, after smashing into the ground. The wind being knocked out of you, it's all you can do to scrabble weakly at the forest floor as your legs are dragged through the portal.

Eye Guy comes up and holds out a hand.

1.) Take Eye Guy's hand.
2.) Get pulled through the portal.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
1. The Eye Guy clearly knows what's up.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Paladinus posted:

1. The Eye Guy clearly knows what's up.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Take the eye guys hand and attempt to drag both of you in.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

pixaal posted:

Take the eye guys hand and attempt to drag both of you in.

Let's call this option three.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)