Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

complicated snipe

last page has context

Muscle Wizard posted:

i think it was grimes' label calling azaelia's.

this is complicated drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

oystertoadfish posted:

complicated snipe

last page has context

this is complicated drat

musk is the kind of spineless dipshit that can only be incredibly passive aggressive to people he doesn't have power over. he's a relentless bully to those he does.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

imagine working for a record label and getting that call

I loving hate rich people with a passion

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Muscle Wizard posted:

musk is the kind of spineless dipshit that can only be incredibly passive aggressive to people he doesn't have power over. he's a relentless bully to those he does.

he has billions and no-strings access to orbital vehicles, he has power over everyone, he could drop an F9 stage or boilerplate dragon on pretty much anyone and anything that's not prepped for an actual bombing

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

shovelbum posted:

he has billions and no-strings access to orbital vehicles, he has power over everyone, he could drop an F9 stage or boilerplate dragon on pretty much anyone and anything that's not prepped for an actual bombing

that's why he disappeared azealia banks right

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
pedo guy? totally not suing musk and was found dead in a dumpster behind a mcdonalds with three self-inflicted gunshot wounds to the back of the head.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

shovelbum posted:

i assume he has $3 in cash and the rest in the form of his house of cards trio of companies

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

shovelbum posted:

Ah the "Green Goblin Scenerio" muskites keep going on about

Alternatively, like most the rich and powerful, he's way more afraid of facing any sort of retribution for doing whatever maximal damage he can in theory cause than anyone else is of him actually doing it

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

shovelbum posted:

Seriously doubt he could hit some random place without considerable preparation in the specific area on the ground; all of the orbital landing stuff relies on pretty drat thorough active reference and guidance from the landing pad/barge/whatever as well as some of the most accurate real time meteorologic data that's also kinda local to the area.

I mean, if he could also get some nuclear warheads, then he could be probably accurate enough, but without them I doubt he could hit even just a specific city block without all that support.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Teal posted:

Seriously doubt he could hit some random place without considerable preparation in the specific area on the ground; all of the orbital landing stuff relies on pretty drat thorough active reference and guidance from the landing pad/barge/whatever as well as some of the most accurate real time meteorologic data that's also kinda local to the area.

I mean, if he could also get some nuclear warheads, then he could be probably accurate enough, but without them I doubt he could hit even just a specific city block without all that support.

Interesting, so no Falcon 9-11 for musky

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

BioMe posted:

Ah the "Green Goblin Scenerio" muskites keep going on about

Alternatively, like most the rich and powerful, he's way more afraid of facing any sort of retribution for doing whatever maximal damage he can in theory cause than anyone else is of him actually doing it

this is us trusting decorum to keep a madman from using a latent ICBM capability lol, this is hellworld

its bad enuf w states but theres zero actual hard checks on an individual

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

Also the guy is at the end of the day just some corporate schlub, he has rear end-kissers and bootlickers, not soldiers. It would be pretty difficult for him to find someone competent enough to adhoc a terrorist attack from orbit but also dumb enough not to realize dear leader can't protect them from the consequences.

The man can't even figure out linux, he's not going reprogram satellite orbits by himself

EDIT: This hysteria over billionaires turning into some kind of mad genius terrorists is almost as bad as the real-life Tony Stark crap

BioMe has issued a correction as of 21:22 on Jan 5, 2019

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

shovelbum posted:

this is us trusting decorum to keep a madman from using a latent ICBM capability lol, this is hellworld

its bad enuf w states but theres zero actual hard checks on an individual

I assume he heavily relies on nasa infrastructure to just get off the ground and do things beyond that point sooooo

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

holy poo poo i love drama elementals

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

jeffy bozo though, maybe

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

Truga posted:

holy poo poo i love drama elementals

its almost too silly to be true but you know it's gotta be at least somewhat true by how spot-on her descriptions of musk and grimes are.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

BioMe posted:

Also the guy is at the end of the day just some corporate schlub, he has rear end-kissers and bootlickers, not soldiers. It would be pretty difficult for him to find someone competent enough to adhoc a terrorist attack from orbit but also dumb enough not to realize dear leader can't protect them from the consequences.

The man can't even figure out linux, he's not going reprogram satellite orbits by himself

EDIT: This hysteria over billionaires turning into some kind of mad genius terrorists is almost as bad as the real-life Tony Stark crap

its not that hes a mad genius its that he individually commands what in a less unequal era were exclusively state-level resources

also isn't his security apparatus heavily made up of ex-sf types known for brutality after his recent goon hiring spree? pinkertonesque

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

BioMe posted:

Just a few weeks ago Tesla was advertising for ex-military people to join its QRF.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Muscle Wizard posted:

its almost too silly to be true but you know it's gotta be at least somewhat true by how spot-on her descriptions of musk and grimes are.

rich people problems are so quaint

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

drgitlin posted:

Just a few weeks ago Tesla was advertising for ex-military people to join its QRF.

yeah i think he picked up ubers former ex-mil black bag team too

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

orange sky posted:

imagine working for a record label and getting that call

I loving hate rich people with a passion

TBF if you didn't have already have a burning hatred for rich people and an almost supernatural tolerance for their bullshit tantrums and demands there's no way at all you'd be working A&R at a major label.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Teal posted:

I'm surprised Tesla factories aren't off limits for all janitors and that Musk hasn't already rebranded designed his own 100% more awesome roomba knockoff of the future to keep the factory squeaky clean and free of any uncomfortable odors.

from the press photos, the freemont factory is filthy AF

Kraanerg
Aug 17, 2013
2019: the year Elon posts a pic of his hog on twitter to own the haters

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i bet it wouldn't even be that hard to goad him into doing it

Kraanerg
Aug 17, 2013
I'm almost not even joking. The odds that the final stages of Elon Musk's burnout will involve a dickpic or a sextape featuring casual illicit drug use is steadily approaching 1

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Kraanerg posted:

I'm almost not even joking. The odds that the final stages of Elon Musk's burnout will involve a dickpic or a sextape featuring casual illicit drug use is steadily approaching 1

either he racks up a double digit plus body count or turns into mcafee

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

shovelbum posted:

either he racks up a double digit plus body count or turns into mcafee

Goading him into a whalefucking competition with McAfee would be the best outcome for everyone but the whales.

Kraanerg
Aug 17, 2013
he's not hardcore enough to go full mcafee, I'm putting my money on awkward sex tape where you get a glimpse of a coffee table with what looks like some rails

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2wRvhbJIQQ&t=53s

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Kraanerg posted:

literally fourteen hours ago

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1081460617561559040

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

this dude has 5 loving children

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

https://twitter.com/Paul91701736/status/1081593812856778752

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Don't forget that she still keeps tabs on him through a mutual drug dealer.
The Internet was a mistake.

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
And I feel so loving sorry for them

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

2019 might be worthwhile after all!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Young Orc

god no

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1081530915095019523

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Muscle Wizard posted:

this dude has 5 loving children

not in the conventional manner

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
LOL

Kraanerg
Aug 17, 2013

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

2019 might be worthwhile after all!

it's going to be the year, I can feel it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

this Twitter thread is pro-loving-click