Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

infernal machines posted:

lmao. yeah god forbid anyone libel the guy running around accusing people of being pedophiles because they insulted his idiot death tube

it's been reported by one of those blind item hollywood gossip sites, and it's about musk, so people are willing to believe

yeah i don't give a poo poo about his reputation(?) or whatever, but some things are so lovely to do you shouldn't just blindly accuse people of em cause you don't like em.

like pedophilia :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
What's good for the goose is good for the gander, and muskrat is known for accusing people of being pedophiles just because they criticised his actions.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
hard to imagine that kind of behavior from a ceo who comes to work in a bad mood and decides "i need to fire someone today" is his solution

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Beamed posted:

yeah i don't give a poo poo about his reputation(?) or whatever, but some things are so lovely to do you shouldn't just blindly accuse people of em cause you don't like em.

like pedophilia :v:

billionaires by and large are not people

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

haven’t musks last two wives accused him of being abusive? like some kind of hosed up domme style poo poo?

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Roosevelt posted:

billionaires by and large are not people

fair tbh

is musk even a billionaire

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Something something "your mom's dildo" https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1081576707365064704

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
"our spaceship will look like this, except different"

thanks elon, very informative

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Love the flag on the side added as a complete afterthought

It will actually look like that though, they're even making it with a stainless steel coating for no apparent reason.

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
Good that Elong is an engineer. Otherwise, somebody might have doubted his decision to test the rocket without windows and then change them later. Samller minds might think that making holes in the hulls would weaken them, but Elong knows better.

First point on the agenda, how can we make the central computer memes?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I wonder who he stole that rocket illustration from.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Beamed posted:

this is a pretty serious allegation so i hope you're using more than twitter gossip

it's from crazydaysandnights, an anonymous blog run by someone in Hollywood with some pretty serious connections. they broke the Weinstein poo poo years before it came out etc

it's not a sure thing but I consider most of what they post plausible because they unblind things and they're often reported weeks or years later

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

TK-42-1 posted:

haven’t musks last two wives accused him of being abusive? like some kind of hosed up domme style poo poo?

yes

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

TK-42-1 posted:

let's play which character in Mr. Robot is in fact a thinly veiled musko

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

linku

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'm the usa flag that is neither foreshortened nor lighting-matched

e: still fairly garbage but literally 60 seconds in photoshop

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jan 6, 2019

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

The perfect craft to carry the first man to mars, of course the final version will have windows, a different paint scheme, etc.

Edit: someone please photoshop Elon musk age 47 on there and tweet it at him

ADINSX fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jan 6, 2019

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

Sagebrush posted:

Now add a flared base.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Sagebrush posted:

sorry that ur jealous about not understanding perpectjve2.0 (minimum iq 300 required, musk-grade)

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
ya know being a herge fan isn't a bad thing

or wernher von braun, w/e

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Is, uh

https://twitter.com/Nomadd2029/status/1081731792103723010

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

No but seriously

https://twitter.com/JaneidyEve/status/1080274718547161088

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

syscall girl posted:

ya know being a herge fan isn't a bad thing

or wernher von braun, w/e

there's definitely some v. problematic stuff in tintin, sorry

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

what is that, bout 4 mars bars wide you reckon?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Jabor posted:

there's definitely some v. problematic stuff in tintin, sorry

there was a loud whooshing sound overhead but i think it may have been a Falcon mk 88 :ohdear:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

is there seriously any reason they're making it shiny besides the fact that it looks shiny in the rendering? it looks like they're literally coating it in tinfoil

mewse
May 2, 2006

Chalks posted:

is there seriously any reason they're making it shiny besides the fact that it looks shiny in the rendering? it looks like they're literally coating it in tinfoil

its called heAT REFLECTIVE PANELING MOM

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

klafbang posted:

Now add a flared base.

nah it's clearly a suppository

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
lmao, via grey thread

https://twitter.com/PhenomenalPoto/status/1081908343638294528

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

I really hope Judge Alsup will get to preside over SEC v. Tesla too

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
ironclad in space

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

elon just likes estes rockets

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Endless Mike posted:

elon just likes estes rockets

based on those latest stocky photos this tracks

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Oh god.

http://fortune.com/2018/06/26/elon-musk-ad-astra-school/

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

this is unsurprising, and I’m fine with musk and idiot bazingas doing the equivalent of homeschooling

this seems less dangerous and toxic than the charter schools bullshit, underfunding public education
intentionally, school to prison pipeline etc.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

quote:

Not surprisingly, the school seems to focus its education on STEM. But unlike other schools, it doesn’t teach music and sports and language arts appear to be an afterthought, according to Ars. The reason? Musk thinks it’s more important for children to learn other topics when computers can take up the task of translating language in the future.
oh good, nothing leads to well-adjusted adults like completely ignoring liberal arts

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Endless Mike posted:

oh good, nothing leads to well-adjusted adults like completely ignoring liberal arts

I know, right?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

quote:

Not surprisingly, the school seems to focus its education on STEM. But unlike other schools, it doesn’t teach music and sports and language arts appear to be an afterthought, according to Ars. The reason? Musk thinks it’s more important for children to learn other topics when computers can take up the task of translating language in the future

i really hate that man

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

quote:

But unlike other schools, it doesn’t teach music
wow clearly grimbes' breakup really ate at elon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

El_Elegante posted:

this is unsurprising, and I’m fine with musk and idiot bazingas doing the equivalent of homeschooling

this seems less dangerous and toxic than the charter schools bullshit, underfunding public education
intentionally, school to prison pipeline etc.

So its a non-acredited school only mean for the elites within his company, while his lower class workers have to struggle with daycare and stuff.