Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Never meet google your idols.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
me, a tesla employee, as yet unfired, coming in early for my unpaid overtime graveyard shift at fremont:

:yikes:

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Shame Boy posted:

i'm glad we got confirmation that he does in fact gently caress on the tesla factory floor and that any teslas on the market are probably contaminated with his gross old man cum

lol the yellow and red safety markings interrupt his strokes

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

me, a tesla employee, as yet unfired, coming in early for my unpaid overtime graveyard shift at fremont:

:yikes:

why do you think he built that tent

:gooncamp:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I just realized maybe cars built under duress and arbitrary deadlines aren’t as well put together as ones built on lines where they aren’t working programmer crunch 24/7/365

but, those cars are also markedly less disruptive :shuckyes:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I just realized maybe cars built under duress and arbitrary deadlines aren’t as well put together as ones built on lines where they aren’t working programmer crunch 24/7/365

but, those cars are also markedly less disruptive :shuckyes:

but you don't understand he's singlehandedly trying to save the world with his electric cars and if they don't work slave hours for poo poo pay then the world will literally grind to a halt because he's our only hope!!!

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.

TerminalRaptor posted:

what should the tesla book be named?

Unsafe At Any Speed 2: Electric Boogaloo?

poo poo My Nerd Says

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Musk must have strapped magnets to Nikolai’s corpse considering how much he must be spinning. Musk is loving up his good name so badly

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

TerminalRaptor posted:

Red Dead Roko's Basilisk

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

TK-42-1 posted:

Musk must have strapped magnets to Nikolai’s corpse considering how much he must be spinning. Musk is loving up his good name so badly

i think you'll find that tesla is the one who copied all of musk's ideas

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

TK-42-1 posted:

ah yes the good name of the literally insane racist recluse who didnt understand how to use radio

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

fishmech posted:

ah yes the good name of the literally insane racist recluse who didnt understand how to use radio

I’m trying to make a joke-quote where the conceit is that I think you’re talking about Plang Musk but you’re actually talking about Tesla but :effort:.

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

Shame Boy posted:

but you don't understand he's singlehandedly trying to save the world with his electric cars and if they don't work slave hours for poo poo pay then the world will literally grind to a halt because he's our only hope!!!

Elonchan Kenobi, you’re our only dope

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Ob-e-lon Chanobi

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

TK-42-1 posted:

im confused, isnt "tesla" still a marker of cool/good things in the eyes of the general public? i mean tesla is garbage poo poo, but not in the terms of publicly ruining its name yet

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

TerminalRaptor posted:

The Assassination of Elon Musk by the Coward Elon Musk's Twitter Account

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Grimes & Punishment

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Last Chance posted:

im confused, isnt "tesla" still a marker of cool/good things in the eyes of the general public? i mean tesla is garbage poo poo, but not in the terms of publicly ruining its name yet

only epic bacon sirs [of which elon is the fully actualized form of] ever thought nikolai tesla was cool to begin with

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

qirex posted:

only epic bacon sirs [of which elon is the fully actualized form of] ever thought nikolai tesla was cool to begin with

i dunno, even my old-rear end recluse of an uncle has opinions on tesla and elon musk. specifically "ford was a weirdo nut too, so you never know"

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

infernal machines posted:

i dunno, even my old-rear end recluse of an uncle has opinions on tesla and elon musk. specifically "ford was a weirdo nut too, so you never know"

interesting way to say antisemite

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
hitler called henry ford an inspiration

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i met a lady a while back. we became fb friends and she recently posted a thing about how we need to ditch nuclear power in favor of "free energy" and mentioned something about tesla and perpetual motion using magnets

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i met a lady a while back. we became fb friends and she recently posted a thing about how we need to ditch nuclear power in favor of "free energy" and mentioned something about tesla and perpetual motion using magnets

But did you get head?

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

mr Scoop posted:

Pipe Dreams: The Elon Musk Story

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
elon giving grimes a dirty sanchez just to make rick & morty joke

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer
The New Teslament

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Shame Boy posted:

there's a reason why real rockets aren't shiny foil monstrosities and it's because it becomes very difficult to see what the hell the thing is doing with a camera if it's all symmetrical and shiny, that's why the saturn V had all those black bits on it and even the original shiny atlas launches had a bunch of paint added to the second stage and fairing.

good luck figuring out why the drat thing broke apart 100nmi downrange after the telemetry cut out when all you have on camera is a sun glare, assholes

he probably thinks visual observation is obsolete and can be replaced entirely by telemetry

just like how automakers knew that excessive automation of the line actually hurt more than it helped, but he dismissed their manufacturing expertise as ludditism from old men who don't understand the magic of modern technology, so he embarked on a disastrous automation project that ended with untrained workers frantically scrambling to work a makeshift line in an outdoor tent

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Schadenboner posted:

But did you get head?

haha classic

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

TerminalRaptor posted:

mars needs memes

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i mean yeah we should totally do that, just build a small demonstration one that can power a lightbulb and we'll get right on it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
p. sure i can build an induction coil big enough to power a lightbulb (well, LED) from ambient rf. it just ain't gonna be particularly small, efficient, or practical.

it's free energy

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
gif of tim heidecker with a steampunk moustache saying "it's free energy"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

infernal machines posted:

p. sure i can build an induction coil big enough to power a lightbulb (well, LED) from ambient rf. it just ain't gonna be particularly small, efficient, or practical.

it's free energy

that's why i said specifically lightbulb :colbert:

and not one of the newfangled energy efficient varieties, a good ol' tungsten filament 40 to 60W bulb o' light

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

you could just use a coil for that too, just do it next to an AM radio station tower :v:

friend of mine had an office right next to one and figured out that if you unplugged a phone from the wall you could pick up the phone and listen to the broadcast crystal clear. it was some preachy jesus channel too so we had a lot of fun handing people a visibly completely unplugged phone they could pick up and hear bible verses on like a goddamn sign from above :allears:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
sometimes my headphones pick up radio when they're plugged into my laptop. i thought i was going insane when i first noticed it because it wasn't quite clear enough for me to understand it

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

one of our locations gets the broadcast off the tower next door when they put someone on wait. thankfully its a decent channel

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgMTx_xFezM

Another example of fine quality Tesla service, along with the "at least it's nice looking" defense.

These people are the QAnon of cars.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6566655/Oops-Autonomous-robot-struck-killed-self-driving-Tesla-Las-Vegas-ahead-CES.html

This is the best timeline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Shame Boy posted:

you could just use a coil for that too, just do it next to an AM radio station tower :v:

friend of mine had an office right next to one and figured out that if you unplugged a phone from the wall you could pick up the phone and listen to the broadcast crystal clear. it was some preachy jesus channel too so we had a lot of fun handing people a visibly completely unplugged phone they could pick up and hear bible verses on like a goddamn sign from above :allears:

that's absolutely golden