Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

who is going to be the new junior ace?

Long term it's probsbly Kawato

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Shibata is looking pretty svelte these days

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

THE BEST NEWS

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/1082113206133223425

Enjoy retirement, you’ve been a waste of a roster spot for five years minimum.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Two best Iizuka moments of the last five years were:

1. The crowd's horror when he turned on Yano to join Suzuki-Gun
2. Last month when the crowd thought he might submit ZSJ :laugh:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Two best Iizuka moments of the last five years were:

1. The crowd's horror when he turned on Yano to join Suzuki-Gun
2. Last month when the crowd thought he might submit ZSJ :laugh:

Also getting a deathmatch with Jun Kasai ruled a no contest because they tried to kill each other with knives

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Who will try to eat opponents now?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Probably Archer.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
The best Iizuka moment was the TakaTaichiMania match he had that got abandoned due to a knife fight.

Seriously look that poo poo up. I laughed without ceasing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the time Iizuka painted Shinpei up as Doremon is warm in my heart.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I forget, was he the one who spray-painted a bra on the commentator but made a point of having one of the spray-painted straps as having fallen off his shoulder? Because that was pretty wonderful.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

I Before E posted:

so there's ACH

he gone to nxt my dawg

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Flip's still with ROH, right?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

brian posted:

he gone to nxt my dawg

drat all Taguchi's friends are leaving :(

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I Before E posted:

I'll believe he's back when he wrestles a match.

https://twitter.com/epitasis/status/1082104722809671681

unless they committed to the booking pre injury i find it difficult to believe they'd book sumo hall for bosj unless they were reasonably confident their biggest jr. star would be available

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Thauros posted:

unless they committed to the booking pre injury i find it difficult to believe they'd book sumo hall for bosj unless they were reasonably confident their biggest jr. star would be available

I can believe that they believe it, but they believe a lot of things. They believe Jay White is good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I agree they have a good track record with being right about things :hmmyes:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Thauros posted:

Look pal if you're saying that

*checks roster*

El Desperado vs.

*checks roster again*

Chris Sabin can't sell 10,000 tickets, then you and me can take this outside.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

However speaking of that, I'm a bit mad that they didn't seem to do anything with the heat built up from Bushi and Desperado having that match where they were really going at each other's masks.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I agree they have a good track record with being right about things :hmmyes:

Well yes, they recognized Okada's potential, but everyone's fallible

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

However speaking of that, I'm a bit mad that they didn't seem to do anything with the heat built up from Bushi and Desperado having that match where they were really going at each other's masks.

Did they do anything with Desperado's thing with Dragon Lee, either?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Dragon Lee was stuck on that weird reality show for like 500 weeks so he didn't exactly have a lot of time to follow up storylines or feuds last year

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

did they officially back down on the No Swearing rule? Given that kenny dropped an f-bomb in the official pre-match hype video and all...

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

jesus WEP posted:

did they officially back down on the No Swearing rule? Given that kenny dropped an f-bomb in the official pre-match hype video and all...

I dunno if that was ever really a thing.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

That rule was probably a partial work. Makes the cusser's feel more like rebels bucking the rules, and also likely results in less swearing on the whole. Not the same, because it isn't intentional there, but the result seems similar, It's like how making piledrivers illegal in WWE made CM Punk doing one to Cena a big f'n deal.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I think it was a work for the BC OG during the G1. Kevin Kelly was making jokes about Tama having to pay into the swear jar during Wrestle Kingdom.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

It was something the Good Brothers were told to tame down when they were in NJPW too for that matter. You can get away with it before the press overseas gets too big.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I'm on sick leave for a couple of days (yep, same cold I caught in Japan - now feeling good enough to back to work tomorrow though) so I watched WK back. Wanted to see how what I saw live came across on the broadcast. And man. It really doesn't capture the atmosphere or just how loud the crowd was. Especially the pops for Okada coming out as Rainmaker and revealing the trunks, as well as people going nuts for THE ACE winning were so, SO much louder.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
NJPW's had some weird problems with crowd miccing lately.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

That and sound mixing. Go listen to the end of Okada/Omega IV in English and then in Japanese. It goes from “this crowd is loud” to “:stare: they’re gonna rip the roof off...

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

edit: whoops meant to post this in main njpw thread. someone close this.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jan 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

GO ACE!