Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The Expanse is as good as Battlestar Galactica but won't have as stupid of an ending.

We hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Fat chance we ever get an ending. But i'm hopeful.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Bezos could fund 8 seasons of the show by refraining from buying his 20th jet.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/Gizmodo/status/1082509161752088577

Jake Paul is such a loving idiot :cripes:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

His poo poo is all staged anyway. He was surprisingly candid about it in the (really uneven, but I still liked it) Shane Dawson series on him.

Running thru LA traffic is still dumb as poo poo tho.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Josh Lyman posted:

The Expanse is as good as Battlestar Galactica but won't have as stupid of an ending.

The Expanse is better because unlike BSG all the characters are not major assholes.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

gently caress yes at Patricia Clarkson winning tho

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

esperterra posted:

His poo poo is all staged anyway. He was surprisingly candid about it in the (really uneven, but I still liked it) Shane Dawson series on him.

Running thru LA traffic is still dumb as poo poo tho.

Problem with his stunts is that it always inspires others to put themselves in real danger.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

MiddleOne posted:

Problem with his stunts is that it always inspires others to put themselves in real danger.

Yeah, the real lovely thing about the stupid crap on his channel is most of his viewers are children.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63qn9w-a2ok

Congrats, you've become one of those olds who think the YouTubers are eating Tide Pods for real.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Guy Mann posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63qn9w-a2ok

Congrats, you've become one of those olds who think the YouTubers are eating Tide Pods for real.
Oh I don't deny being an old, but the reason I think he's an idiot was more of this:

MiddleOne posted:

esperterra posted:

Yeah, the real lovely thing about the stupid crap on his channel is most of his viewers are children.
Kids who think Jake Paul is the poo poo don't know that those videos are easily faked.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Adding to the pile-on:

Shortly before it was released, I read a BBC article which said that a lot of R. Kelly's former collaborators like Lady Gaga, Céline Dion, Jay-Z and Erykah Badu had been approached to be involved but declined to participate, even though several of them have also been publicly critical of him. John Legend was on it but I believe he's been anti-R. Kelly for some time.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Kids who think Jake Paul is the poo poo don't know that those videos are easily faked.

I don't really understand the appeal of most YouTube celebrities, but I thought this guy had been blacklisted for making videos with corpses or something?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wheat Loaf posted:

I don't really understand the appeal of most YouTube celebrities, but I thought this guy had been blacklisted for making videos with corpses or something?
That was a different YouTube idiot

Edit: Jake Paul is the traffic guy, Logan Paul was the corpse forest guy

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

They're brothers right? I don't even want to know what that childhood must have been like.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
All these YouTube idiots are interchangeable to me. I saw that two of them had a (sanctioned?) boxing match and it was the lead item on the BBC News entertainment and arts page. I don't understand this. Why is two YouTube guys having a boxing match considered that newsworthy? Maybe it was for charity. I don't know. The one I really don't get is PewDiePie and I imagine it's because I'm too old (I'm 27, which is not old, but is apparently too old). I can't understand the appeal.

So what do Jake Paul and Logan Paul actually do that's gotten them so many fans? What's their gimmick? Do they talk about movies? Games? Do they play pranks on people?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

They're just entertainers, same as the TV celebrities you used to watch on telly back when you were a kid. It's getting mainstream attention because it has grown inconceivably huge.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Just finished the full run of Halt and Catch Fire. Made it thru 2 seasons when it was first aired and lost track of it. Just rewatched the lot with the wife.

Really a very underrated show all round. Great acting, great use of the setting without being too corny. Ending was not especially strong or memorable but not bad.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I am genuinely really shocked that Wheat Loaf is younger than me, I thought you were like in your mid-40s

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

DivisionPost posted:

I can,t believe Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg just own "New York Minute" now

This timeline doesn't deserve Dong Cheadle

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Escobarbarian posted:

I am genuinely really shocked that Wheat Loaf is younger than me, I thought you were like in your mid-40s

Haha, really?

Well, don't let Peter Wyngarde fool you.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Escobarbarian posted:

It's that drat avatar!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Pauls are popular because they're good looking young men who are good are marketing. Also they exploit the fact that YT isn't as regulated like other broadcast media when it comes to advertising and contain what would be an illegal amount of ads for their products and services.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

zoux posted:

Trump's been dropped by plenty of representation

Well yeah they heard about how prompt he is with payment

e: ANOTHER week without QI. Someone's been taking scheduling classes from Fox or whoever's in charge of American Dad on TBS

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Jan 8, 2019

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Wheat Loaf posted:

Shortly before it was released, I read a BBC article which said that a lot of R. Kelly's former collaborators like Lady Gaga, Céline Dion, Jay-Z and Erykah Badu had been approached to be involved but declined to participate, even though several of them have also been publicly critical of him. John Legend was on it but I believe he's been anti-R. Kelly for some time.

I believe it was ?uest Love who said he specifically declined because they wanted him to be one of the people who talked about his genius at the beginning.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Catastrophe’s back tonight. Y’all watch Catastrophe, right?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rocksicles posted:

Fat chance we ever get an ending. But i'm hopeful.

Have the books ended? Or has the show diverged enough that it doesn't matter?

To be honest, at this point, I kind of don't mind shows not getting a proper ending. Half the time it detracts from the show anyway.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

EL BROMANCE posted:

I believe it was ?uest Love who said he specifically declined because they wanted him to be one of the people who talked about his genius at the beginning.

Understandable.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_nYwdK2QiU

Interesting that the new Care Bears show seems to be a critique of Chamberlain's policy of appeasement leading up to the second World War

Also Here's what the Bird Box monsters would've looked like if we'd seen them.

zoux fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jan 8, 2019

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

IRQ posted:

Have the books ended? Or has the show diverged enough that it doesn't matter?

To be honest, at this point, I kind of don't mind shows not getting a proper ending. Half the time it detracts from the show anyway.

There is another book due out soon, i don't know if they are wrapping it up.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

MiddleOne posted:

They're brothers right? I don't even want to know what that childhood must have been like.

Their dad is a real piece of work.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Rocksicles posted:

it's the penultimate one

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Rocksicles posted:

Book 8 of 9 just went out for publishing! :eng101:

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Pocket Billiards posted:

Just finished the full run of Halt and Catch Fire. Made it thru 2 seasons when it was first aired and lost track of it. Just rewatched the lot with the wife.

Really a very underrated show all round. Great acting, great use of the setting without being too corny. Ending was not especially strong or memorable but not bad.

It's a great show. The first few episodes are a bit uneven, but you can tell that they were originally intending to make it "Mad Men but in the 1980s and with computers instead of advertising" and when they finally get over that, the show takes off. Every season improves from the previous, too. I might need to rewatch it again soon, too - I'm glad that it seems to have launched Mackenzie Davis, too.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/tonyhawk/status/1081641577078874112

The Miserable Existence of Tony Hawk continues

Final season of Mr. Robot is gonna slap

zoux fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jan 8, 2019

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I have never wanted anything as badly as I want this movie to exist

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

EVERYBODY KICKFLIP/IT'S TIME TO GRIND NOW

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I've never actually seen Space Jam. On a scale of 1-10 how many drugs do I need to do to enjoy it?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Just enough to believe you can fly

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just like Hit Em High was a collection of hip hop greats, the theme for Skate Jam would most likely have been a collaboration by some early 00's super stars.

Like Hootie and the Blowfish, the Barenaked Ladies and Limp Bizkit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

More like Good Charlotte and Avril Lavigne