Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
A $2T non-competitive contract for nebulous goals funded by tax payer dollars you say?

Again, feature not a bug. The grift is in the open and more excessive than ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Copy the Korean DMZ, rig the border with MG bunkers and land mines.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Let's see what's going on in LA.

Los Angeles Times: Security video shows prowler spent hours licking a Salinas home's intercom button.
https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-prowler-caught-licking-doorbell-20190108-story.html

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm imagining how much that cost would inflate if they ordered environmental protections put in place for the wall construction.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
take the ~2.1m active duty/reserves people and make a wall of sandbags

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
That's a lot of sand

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

not caring here posted:

That's a lot of sand

The wall of sandbags has a deep pit in front of and behind it.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

BigDave posted:

Copy the Korean DMZ, rig the border with MG bunkers and land mines.

Like no poo poo the Koreas are taking mines away and starting to scale back the DMZ while we're loving around with this dumb wall with a country we're not even at war with: https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/nation/2018/10/356_256288.html

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

Proud Christian Mom posted:

take the ~2.1m active duty/reserves people and make a wall of sandbags

If he declares a national emergency to get his dumbass wall built, I sincerely hope it is made of sandbags and c-wire so its inevitable neglect will look even more pathetic, further ruining his "legacy"

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

nullscan posted:

Like no poo poo the Koreas are taking mines away and starting to scale back the DMZ while we're loving around with this dumb wall with a country we're not even at war with: https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/nation/2018/10/356_256288.html

THEN WE JUST NEED TO START THE WAR!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

DoktorLoken posted:

You've got a few outliers like Rick Wilson, Thomas Ricks, Steve Schmidt, etc.

Just none with any power.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

BigDave posted:

THEN WE JUST NEED TO START THE WAR!

REMEMBER THE MAINE ALAMO!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

M_Gargantua posted:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46788751

The french government is considering making unsanctioned protests illegal, and making attending 'sanctioned' protests with a face covering also illegal.

They are very not-shook and this will work great, right?

Countdown to the sixth republic...

Hexyflexy posted:

Lol, jesus. You literally can't build this thing even if most of you wanted to.

We choose to do these things not because they are easy, but because they are racist, expensive, and ripe for corruption.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

FrozenVent posted:

REMEMBER THE MAINE ALAMO SAILOR!

FTFY

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
https://twitter.com/ewerickson/status/1082720416941133824?s=21

Good idea Erick son of Erick.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
We need to set some drinking game rules for tonight. I’ve got Bourbon, and Rye. So far I’ve got: Trump says illegals, take a shot. Trump declares national emergency polish off the bottle of Rye. Trump makes cogent and wise remarks on border security: Suck start my pistol.

Any other ideas?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/counterchekist/status/1081259485707075586?s=19

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Reading this gave me brain cancer.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Woof Blitzer posted:

Reading this gave me brain cancer.

https://twitter.com/ericgarland/status/1081301883724197888?s=19

This man is (use to be?) a #resistance hero and has a Patreon for his private twitter

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I do not understand a word of this.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

We need to set some drinking game rules for tonight. I’ve got Bourbon, and Rye. So far I’ve got: Trump says illegals, take a shot. Trump declares national emergency polish off the bottle of Rye. Trump makes cogent and wise remarks on border security: Suck start my pistol.

Any other ideas?

My idea is to watch some Netflix because gently caress the networks for rolling over for Trump.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Stultus Maximus posted:

Russians are pushing AOC

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Godholio posted:

We choose to do these things not because they are easy, but because they are racist, expensive, and ripe for corruption.

I appreciate this

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Stultus Maximus posted:

My idea is to watch some Netflix because gently caress the networks for rolling over for Trump.

Yeah screw the networks, I'll read a recap in the Washington Post tomorrow morning.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

BigDave posted:

Yeah screw the networks, I'll read a recap in the Washington Post tomorrow morning.

Same. No interest in a propaganda broadcast.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

BigDave posted:

I'm going to read the play by play in this thread after I finish this movie.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Joke's on them, I don't have access to network television

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
I'm gonna read a book and go to bed early, because there's only one bottle I have set aside for Trump, and it's not for something like this.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

EBB posted:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Godholio posted:

What would a failed New York real estate agent who coasted off of his dad's money and mob connections possibly know about building enormously expensive projects so he can skim his cut off the top?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I'm at work without a cable drop, and have no interest in the ramblings of syphilis rot dementia by cheeto-dick

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Lol at the prominent Army Navy coin on his rack.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

EBB posted:

:omarcomin:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Stultus Maximus posted:

Basically, there's a non-zero amount of people on Twitter/Politico/Medium/whatever (pretty much all embarrassed Republicans or Blue Dogs, but I repeat myself) who firmly believe that Russia controls every aspect of our politics and that Mueller is going to magically save the day, expose the entire conspiracy, and Russia will be humiliated for ever daring to interfere in our government.

After the Day of the Great Mueller Mattering, the Republicans will go back to being the party of Raytheon Not Racism, the Democrats will go back to offering Republican-lite policies as opposed to "Medicare for all" and these dipshits can show their faces in public and admit to being Republicans or Blue Dogs again.

for those of you not watching this Trump speech, he's trying to scare everybody by throwing every scary thing he can into one thing while whining that he's not getting his way.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

18th airborne hoooooooaaaaaaaahhhhh

lmao hates the people on the outside but love the people on the inside

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The hockey game went to intermission at the wrong time. :(

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Just a fun fact I’ll slide in here is that having worked at power plants it only takes two dudes with sludge hammers and maybe a demo saw a day to render a call plant unusable for half a year.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/MikeIsaac/status/1082816362907488257

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Trump makes cogent and wise remarks on border security: Suck start my pistol.

Any other ideas?

Please don’t :ohdear:

Also don’t die of alcohol poisoning too