Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

They already made the perfect Barbie movie. It’s called Clueless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

they’re going to get hit by that bus

should’ve had a safe space :smug:

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
When I think transgressive comedy I definitely think an old millionaire in a suit.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Adam Carolla is exhaustively terrible as well.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It really seems as though Adam Carolla didn't realize that the Man Show was supposed to be a satire.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Fart City posted:

Adam Carolla is exhaustively terrible as well.

Rotten to the core. And I used to love his radio show with Dr Drew but jeez that guy is an rear end

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

syscall girl posted:

Rotten to the core. And I used to love his radio show with Dr Drew but jeez that guy is an rear end

It's one of those things where I can't tell if he was always this way, and I never noticed before because he hid it well, or if one day something just snapped and he turned to poo poo.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hmm.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Iron Crowned posted:

It's one of those things where I can't tell if he was always this way, and I never noticed before because he hid it well, or if one day something just snapped and he turned to poo poo.

Something flipped when he started doing the podcast. He started out okay, but it quickly devolved into a torrent of misogyny and rants about “the Mexicans,” and this was like, maybe six or seven years ago. Maybe more. I stopped listening to it around that time, but last I heard his producer - the guy who pushes him to podcast and produced the actual episodes - was suing him for Carolla withholding profits. And that dude was like his childhood friend.

Guys a fuckin scumbag.

AND had the audacity to unironically refer to himself as “Ace.”

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I think what happened with Corolla is pretty common, he lived a tougher more blue collar life for a good long time before hooking up with Dr. Drew, and by the time he was done with The Man Show he was what most would consider a rich person. So he looks at himself, someone who worked hard and elevated himself to a higher level of wealth, and makes the determination that EVERYONE should be able to do the same and if you don't, well you're just lazy and didn't try hard enough. His heart is completely hardened to any sort of empathy whatsoever, which is another thing that happens to a lot of chuds as they age.

Basebf555 fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jan 8, 2019

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I used to listen to old loveline episodes at work and I swear it was 9/11 that made him change. After that he started bitching about muslims and defending the military and then whining about taxes and for some reason left turn traffic lights. By the time he left he was almost completely insufferable.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
9/11 changed a lot of people.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Maybe Corolla and Frank Miller should collaborate.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I feel like I want to bring a gun to this college and shoot that face and only that face and everyone will then stand up and clap for my name is Albert Einstein.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Fart City posted:

AND had the audacity to unironically refer to himself as “Ace.”

What kind of an rear end in a top hat does that?

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

AceOfFlames posted:

What kind of an rear end in a top hat does that?

purestrain psychopaths

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Anyway, guess what might have been un-greenlighted:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/report-star-trek-4-might-be-shelved-1831580791

"Who needs nu-Trek when we have *checks notes* Star Trek: Discovery?"

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Fart City posted:

purestrain psychopaths

I wholeheartedly agree.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
There's only one "Ace" we need.

What a guy.

Wheat Loaf fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jan 8, 2019

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

AceOfFlames posted:

Also TWO Trek cartoons now, the Picard show, an untitled additional show, and possibly a Georgiou show

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Tars Tarkas posted:

Also TWO Trek cartoons now, the Picard show, an untitled additional show, and possibly a Georgiou show

The Tarantino Trek movie too.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Tars Tarkas posted:

They make a TV show with a Malaysian main character and it had to be a psychopath from the Mirror Universe.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

The MSJ posted:

They make a TV show with a Malaysian main character and it had to be a psychopath from the Mirror Universe.

I mean, I didn't watch the show, but why on earth did they not just bring the good one back after the evil one's ruse was discovered (presumably after being a prisoner in the mirror universe) ? Have your cake and eat it too!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

feedmyleg posted:

I mean, I didn't watch the show, but why on earth did they not just bring the good one back after the evil one's ruse was discovered (presumably after being a prisoner in the mirror universe) ? Have your cake and eat it too!

The good one died and a starving Klingon ate her.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

AceOfFlames posted:

I figured this was the tarantino one, that one will probably never be made either

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

I hope they bring her back with time travel shenanigans

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The MSJ posted:

What, you’re not interested in the continuing adventures of Asian Female Space Hitler: Agent of Section 31? Is that not what you want out of Star Trek?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

It was around the Occupy Wall St protests where he started saying really impressively stupid and cruel things

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Either the 9/11 episode or one shortly after had a Muslim girl call in and talk about the massive increase in harassment she was experiencing and Adam and drew didnt believe her and hung up.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Adam was friends with, like, Molly Ringwald so I doubt his stories about ascending from the muck. His brand is so dumb fragile dudebro that he makes a lovely sangria (MANgria) and doesn't realize it's just fruity wine anyway. Plus he uses his stint as a construction worker as an excuse to be all "well those dirty lazy mexicans..."
Dr. Drew also turned to poo poo once he figured he could get mad cash for looking like the adult in the room.

His celebrity rehab series did way more harm than I like to think about. 90s Radio Drew was all 'do no harm' and 2010s Drew was all like 'well it was 100 degrees and she may have been dehydrated but yes I 100% believe this video shows Hillary Clinton suffered a stroke and is unwell'

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Dr. Drew was the reasonable mature one in comparison but he had a lot of bad advice too in retrospect. Mainly about women from what I recall, although it’s been ages since I’ve listened to Loveline. I do remember he had this weird thing about anal sex where he thought doing it too frequently will permanently damage you and young people today need to be careful. I guess he thought it was a recent invention.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

A local theater is bringing back Bohemian Rhapsody for a week except all the showings are going to be sing-along showings.

I don't think I've ever wanted to go to anything less ever.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

A local theater is bringing back Bohemian Rhapsody for a week except all the showings are going to be sing-along showings.

I don't think I've ever wanted to go to anything less ever.

I'm sure Freddie would hate that millions of people are enjoying his music decades after he died.

Especially if it involved the audience getting involved with the show.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

SimonCat posted:

I'm sure Freddie would hate that millions of people are enjoying his music decades after he died.

i'm... actually pretty sure he would hate Bohemian Rhapsody, because it's a really weird and lovely version of his life story that gets a lot of incredibly major things hilariously wrong. like, some of the specific things would probably have been genuinely offensive to him.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

SimonCat posted:

I haven't seen Bohemian Rhapsody, how many Queen songs even are there to sing along to? If it's a regular biopic it can't be too many, but if it's, like, Mama Mia I'd get the appeal.

Might as well just show Live Aid.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

i'm... actually pretty sure he would hate Bohemian Rhapsody, because it's a really weird and lovely version of his life story that gets a lot of incredibly major things hilariously wrong. like, some of the specific things would probably have been genuinely offensive to him.
Yeah, they really tear into him, like directly blaming him for breaking up the band to pursue a solo career.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Is their bus breaking out of the school?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lobok posted:

Is their bus breaking out of the school?

It looks like it's backing up into the school, judging by the gate.

Not a compelling visual, and the message? Hmm.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Lol at Prager U the movie who the gently caress would watch that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Lol at Prager U the movie who the gently caress would watch that

Yeah, how about he tries that No Safe Space bullshit at South Harmon Institute of Technology.