Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wait is getting to third base sexual assault?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Endorph posted:

:siren:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Endorph posted:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
:yikes:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

???

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

FilthyImp posted:

I'm not watching enough to find out the tragic backstory of 'stoic sister who just kind of looks away helplessly as classmate gets to third base/sempai forcefully makes out with her behind the bleachers' that makes that not an instant nope

dude what are you even talking about

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Satsuki actually only got to second base with her mom. Pathetic.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
what is wrong with this forum lately

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Agronox posted:

what is wrong with this forum lately

There's only one good anime this season so we're bored.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Endorph posted:

i'll just say it then since nobody else will: if it's nonconsensual, yes. that is indeed sexual assault. as is kissing someone against their will.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I'll just say that criticizing people's votes in this thread (e.g. calling out people for not voting for Goblin Slayer harder) is bad in general. People have different arbitrary limits and it's not hypocritical to just dislike something.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I really didn't watch a whole lot, and what I did watch I liked for the most part.

I'd just have to default to Goblin Slayer for pretty much all the reasons stated.

I did watch the first episode or two of Citrus and yeah, the parts where the stepsister just starts making out with the main character without any consent made me nope out of their pretty fast. No idea if it gets better or not later on, but I was already made too uncomfortable by it to give it a shot. I didn't realize it came out this year. I was kind of uncomfortable with the romance anime that was airing around that time about the high school girl and the middle aged dude as well, but I recall being told it's not as creepy as it sounds.

I'd vote for the one where the Mafia dudes get turned into girls, but I didn't watch that one.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
Gonna kramer into this thread and say the thread title should be changed because goblin slayer (which I watched) cannot possibly be as bad as backstreet girls, which I read the synopsis for and just went 'yikes'

Goblin Slayer is just a really shallow story of someone who wanted a DnD character and generic cannon fodder for him to fight and went "hm, he's going to be a badass... no, a tortured badass who had his village destroyed... AND his sister raped by... goblins, those are pretty common everywhere" and then in post decided to think about the world-building beyond 'this is a random encounter' and turned it into 'generational cycles of hatred warps people'. Would it be entire volumes more harmless if rape wasn't part of the picture and it was just murder? Yes. But raping and pillaging is like, the traditional stupid xenophobic scare story and... okay when I think about thoughtlessly perpetuating that mythos even if it seems like a joke in the 21st century that's pretty bad actually

Maybe I just more viscerally hate transphobic poo poo because it reminds me of my past thinking trans people are gross before I grew the gently caress up

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

goblin slayer just gets the honor because it had the some of the worst discussion that has ever occurred on these forums

backstreet girls was largely irrelevant here due to circumstances of its release

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Xinder posted:

i'll just say it then since nobody else will: if it's nonconsensual, yes. that is indeed sexual assault. as is kissing someone against their will.

we're trying to figure out what scene that guy's talking about cuz it doesn't seem to exist

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I’m going to say the best bad anime is Conception because I read out the episode titles to my friends and we all laughed very hard

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Xinder posted:

holy poo poo

do people really have a low enough opinion of me to think that i actually think getting to third base nonconsensually with someone isnt sexual assault

the scene that guy's talking about doesnt exist and he specifically describes a separate scene as 'forcible,' and the only scene i can think of involving third base that doesnt involve mei is consensual, so i was left to assume that he was complaining about a consensual scene as if it was sexual assault

of course i think groping someone nonconsensually is sexual assault. of course i think kissing someone against their will is sexual assault.

what the gently caress.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jan 9, 2019

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

booksnake posted:

Gonna kramer into this thread and say the thread title should be changed because goblin slayer (which I watched) cannot possibly be as bad as backstreet girls, which I read the synopsis for and just went 'yikes'

Goblin Slayer is just a really shallow story of someone who wanted a DnD character and generic cannon fodder for him to fight and went "hm, he's going to be a badass... no, a tortured badass who had his village destroyed... AND his sister raped by... goblins, those are pretty common everywhere" and then in post decided to think about the world-building beyond 'this is a random encounter' and turned it into 'generational cycles of hatred warps people'. Would it be entire volumes more harmless if rape wasn't part of the picture and it was just murder? Yes. But raping and pillaging is like, the traditional stupid xenophobic scare story and... okay when I think about thoughtlessly perpetuating that mythos even if it seems like a joke in the 21st century that's pretty bad actually

Maybe I just more viscerally hate transphobic poo poo because it reminds me of my past thinking trans people are gross before I grew the gently caress up

You should hate transphobia and I'm dumb/ignorant to not see the anime that has it or notice it as well as others. GS and now SH just sets off my anger alarms more reliably.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jan 9, 2019

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

As far as I'm aware Backstreet Girls was at least not a popular show like Goblin Slayer is?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Roth posted:

As far as I'm aware Backstreet Girls was at least not a popular show like Goblin Slayer is?
nobody cared at all about backstreet girls yes

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Roth posted:

Pretty much. It was worse, more offensive, and had some real hosed up poo poo about transphobia, but it was so loving stupid and forgettable that it hardly even made a blip when it was running let alone now that it's over same with Uzumaid except replace transphobia with homophobia.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

booksnake posted:

maybe these threads where we all say which of the 5 anime every season none of us watched because they sounded bad we didn't watch the most because they sounded the worst are kind of pointless and bad in themselves. . .

anyway gently caress amanchu season 2

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

maybe these threads where we all say which of the 5 anime every season none of us watched because they sounded bad we didn't watch the most because they sounded the worst are kind of pointless and bad in themselves. . .

lets all get performatively mad about whichever popular anime we feel like the people we dont like, might like, while also earning extra woke points by downplaying offensive stuff that didnt personally make us mad because the people we dont like werent tweeting about it. the most important part, though, is to have not watched any of the anime we're talking about

also agreed

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Endorph posted:

the scene that guy's talking about doesnt exist and he specifically describes a separate scene as 'forcible,' and the only scene i can think of involving third base that doesnt involve mei is consensual, so i was left to assume that he was complaining about a consensual scene as if it was sexual assault

You, a moron: Consensually getting to third base is not sexual assault.
Me, an Laissez's Faire genious: All sex is rape in a patriarchal society.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

why are you so awful at this

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Endorph posted:

holy poo poo

do people really have a low enough opinion of me to think that i actually think getting to third base nonconsensually with someone isnt sexual assault

of course i think groping someone nonconsensually is sexual assault. of course i think kissing someone against their will is sexual assault.

what the gently caress.

All I can think of is that they were talking about the scene right at the very start where Yuzu sees the teacher kissing Mei, except that yeah that's pretty far off from what they described in a number of ways

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Thuryl posted:

All I can think of is that they were talking about the scene right at the very start where Yuzu sees the teacher kissing Mei, except that yeah that's pretty far off from what they described in a number of ways
and also they seem to have mixed up mei and yuzu if that is the scene they're referring to?

Captain Cappy posted:

You, a moron: Consensually getting to third base is not sexual assault.
Me, an Laissez's Faire genious: All sex is rape in a patriarchal society.
where did you come from and why wont you stop

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

DisDisDis posted:

first we got a way overlong arc about a magical shota (who was actually a high school teacher) and then episode 11 ruined the only good thing the series still had going

gently caress amanchu

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Endorph posted:

nobody cared at all about backstreet girls yes

I saw a surprising amount of people on /r/anime call it the most hilarious anime of 2018 but I was on Reddit so I don't know what I expected really.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:gas:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

DisDisDis posted:

we're trying to figure out what scene that guy's talking about cuz it doesn't seem to exist
Jesus really? You want me to screencap that to verify that it, indeed, has really creepy and offputting stuff sandwiched between some high school drama stuff?

I'll just cap the bit that preceeds it:

Ohhhhkay. Following this scene, the girl with the curls slides her hands up the other's skirt so yeah "stoic sister who just kind of looks away helplessly as classmate gets to third base" seemed from that scene as very much something that happened in the series.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jan 9, 2019

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

FilthyImp posted:

Jesus really? You want me to screencap that to verify that it, indeed, has really creepy and offputting stuff sandwiched between some high school drama stuff?

I haven't watched Citrus but I feel like the people arguing against you probably have a greater grasp of the show's plot than you do since you dropped it part of the way through. It may help to screencap the scene in question so they can point out that the two people are actually consenting non-blood-related adults or something and you were confused about it. I think the only sexual assault thing that happens is the sister holding the other sister down and kissing her.

It may also help to gas this thread.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm British and don't know what third base means

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Sakurazuka posted:

Somewhere after snogging but before buffing your crumpets during an Aussie kiss?

VvV
Guess that's my puritanical American Catholic bent, scene was just creepy (and it doesn't help that Mei is basically a revolving door of Assault/Perpetuator from what I watched).

We can all agree this next image is just taking things too far, right??

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jan 9, 2019

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

FilthyImp posted:

I'll just cap the bit that preceeds it:

Ohhhhkay. Following this scene, the girl with the curls slides her hands up the other's skirt so yeah "stoic sister who just kind of looks away helplessly as classmate gets to third base" seemed from that scene as very much something that happened in the series.

if it makes you uncomfortable that's valid but that's pretty tame as far as dramatic romance series go, especially for a character framed antagonistically in that moment

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FilthyImp posted:

Somewhere after snogging but before buffing your crumpets during an Aussie kiss?

What does head butting someone have to do with it

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

It's before the endzone but after the 3 point line.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Sakurazuka posted:

American courtship is like ritualistic combat, moreso since the implied "bases" signify a grand ordeal to overcome, each more daunting than the last.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

I actually never voted in this dumb thread so before I get punished for the dumb thing I said earlier, here's my vote:

Uma Musume - Guy molests a teenage girl then she joins his stable of other horse girls. That's hosed up, but no one cares about horse girls. Also it was boring.

Anima Yell - It has the Doga Kobo polish but nothing else to back it up.

Bunny Girl Senpai - Despite voting for it in the other thread, this anime was running on fumes after Futaba's arc. I was getting kind of tired of Sakuta's deadpan voice throughout the whole thing and have to say I'm tired of that character trait (I didn't like Hyouka because the male MC does the same thing). Mai also had the same problem imo. Characters need to start sounding like they aren't in a separate recording booth from the character bawling their eyes out two feet from them.

Most Avoided:

Goblin Slayer - Not because of the goblin rape, or the fascist overtones, or the terrible story, but because I'm tired of animes like Goblin Slayer, Black Clover, and Shield Hero getting hyped up by the producers, all of anitube talking about them for the sweet advertising money, and then they're mediocre garbage that people won't stop talking about. But also because of the first things I said.

I didn't hear about any of the other ones that were bad, so thank goodness for that.

Sakurazuka posted:

Is that not how the British get busy with it? What a strange people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FilthyImp posted:

no i dont lol?

citrus has weird offputting sexual stuff in it and if that puts you off it thats valid i just literally didnt know what scene you were referring to because your language and sentence structure were so weird

and also theres a difference between putting something in a show and approving of it