Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

I want to know what the criteria is for worlds that are cool with the crew in their normal attire and those that would flip their poo poo and have an existential crisis if they saw them while not transformed into a form more in line with the current world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Tenzarin posted:

In chains of memories, why are Namine's feet so huge? Is it just distortion from castle oblivion?

Someone on the team has a foot fetish. In a surprise twist that will set up KH4, it's Nomura.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Here's a look at the KH3 Keyblades for Sora:

https://twitter.com/KINGDOMHEARTS/status/1083046045003796480
https://twitter.com/KINGDOMHEARTS/status/1083046940911136768

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
:siren: THE TROPHY LIST IS OUT. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. THE LIST OF KINGDOM HEARTS 3 TROPHIES HAS BEEN REVEALED. :siren:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Some call it kye, but the meaning is the same.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm going to beat people to death with a flexing Zeus.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Did Star Seeker get a new design?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Burkion posted:

Did Star Seeker get a new design?

It's not Star Seeker.

The Keyblades, in the order shown in the tweets, are:

Tweet 1: Nano Gear, Crystal Snow, [Olympus*], Kingdom Key
Tweet 2: Smile Gear, Rudder Of Fate, Shooting Star
Tweet 3: Ever After, Infinity Badge, [Hundred Acre Wood*]

* We still don't have names for these Keyblades yet.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Oh my god the Smile Gear keychain is Boo that's adorable.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Mordiceius posted:

:siren: THE TROPHY LIST IS OUT. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. THE LIST OF KINGDOM HEARTS 3 TROPHIES HAS BEEN REVEALED. :siren:

Here is the FULL TROPHY LIST. Naturally, don't look if you want to go in pure.

Platinum – KINGDOM HEARTS III Complete Master – Unlock all other trophies.

Bronze – A New Journey – Begin your brand new adventure.

Bronze – Clash of the Gods – Adventure through Olympus and complete the story.

Bronze – A Wish at Twilight – Adventure through Twilight Town and complete the story.

Bronze – Inseparable Friends – Adventure through Toy Box and complete the story.

Bronze – Happily Ever After – Adventure through the Kingdom of Corona and complete the story.

Bronze – The Power of Laughter – Adventure through Monstropolis and complete the story.

Bronze – An Act of True Love – Adventure through Arendelle and complete the story.

Bronze – Way of the Pirate – Adventure through The Caribbean and complete the story.

Bronze – Making a Difference – Adventure through San Fransokyo and complete the story.

Bronze – Home Again – Adventure through the Hundred Acre Wood and complete the story.

Bronze – The Hearts Joined to His – Gather the seven guardians of light.

Bronze – No Matter What – Reunite with Kairi.

Silver – The Battle to End All – Begin the final confrontation with Master Xehanort.

Gold – Another Chapter Closed – Finish the game and view the ending.

Gold – Hidden Kings – Complete the lucky Emblems section of the Gummiphone.

Bronze – Know Thine Enemy – Complete the Adversaries section of the Gummiphone.

Silver – No Stone Unturned – Complete the Treasures section of the Gummiphone.

Silver – Synthesist – Complete the Synthesis section of the Gummiphone.

Bronze – One for the Books – Complete the Game Records section of the Gummiphone.

Bronze – Tall Enough to Ride – use an attraction to defeat enemies for the first time.

Bronze – Heartbound – Use a link to defeat enemies for the first time.

Bronze – Grand Mage – Cast grand magic for the first time.

Bronze – Knight – Defeat 1,000 enemies.

Bronze – Bishop – Defeat 3,000 enemies.

Silver – Rook – Defeat 5,000 enemies.

Silver – Flanmeister – Complete all of the Flantastic Seven missions.

Bronze – Salvager – Use the gummi ship to obtain 20 unique treasures.

Bronze – Stargazer – Use the gummi ship to find and photograph all of the constellations.

Gold – Thermosphere – Destroy the Schwarzgeist, menace of the Ocean Between.

Bronze – Centurion – Score at least 12,000,000 pts. in Verum Rex: Beat of Lead.

Bronze – Festive Dancer – Score at least 70,000 pts. in the Festival Dance.

Bronze – Shield Shredder – Score at least 600,000 pts. in Frozen Slider.

Bronze – Datascraper – Get an A rank on both Flash Tracer courses.

Silver – Dreadnought – Fully Power up the Leviathan.

Bronze – True Captain – Sink 200 enemy ships in The Caribbean.

Bronze – Say Cheese! – Snap your first photo.

Bronze – Lasting Memories – Hold on to 50 photos.

Bronze – Cornucopia – Collect every type of ingredient.

Bronze – Full Course – Earn your first “Excellent” while preparing cuisine.

Silver – Master Chef – Earn an “Excellent” while preparing every type of cuisine.

Bronze – Muscle Memory – Get a new high score in one of the Classic Kingdom games.

Silver – Classically Trained – Get a new high score in every Classic Kingdom game.

Bronze – Blademaster – Obtain a Keyblade that is fully powered up.

Silver – Ultima Weapon – Synthesize the Ultima Weapon.

Silver – Leveled Out – Raise Sora to LV 99.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I’m afraid to click the trophy list, but I’d appreciate it if someone would tell me if this game has trophies for playing on different difficulties.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

cmykJester posted:

I’m afraid to click the trophy list, but I’d appreciate it if someone would tell me if this game has trophies for playing on different difficulties.

It does not appear so.

For the most part, the trophy list is fairly spoiler free. If anything, they just give out the order we'll go to worlds. I would say there are only 1-2 trophies that are slightly spoilery but aren't anything that couldn't be expected.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

lol at Jiminy getting replaced by a smartphone

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

Maybe it'll do a better job at keeping track of things, instead of just making vague notes.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Funky Valentine posted:

the reason kh3 wasn't announced until 2013 was because nobody had invented the selfie until then, and nomura was waiting for the world to catch up with his vision

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

oh my god, the Schwarzgeist from Einhander is going to show up as a gummi ship boss????

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wow these all seem reasona.... 'raise Sora to lvl 99' oh gently caress off

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Sakurazuka posted:

We have waited for this game forever. Just lol if you aren’t gonna max everything out so you squeeze every drop out of this.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm seeing way too many minigame references on this list for these Trophies not to be total garbage.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i've maxed out my exp on every KH game i ever played

hell it's practically mandatory for KH2's postgame unless you'd like to spend hours fighting the data organization and lingering will with a wet spaghetti noodle

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Leveling is always slow as poo poo for like the first 2/3 of the game and then you start fighting things that die easily and give 500+ exp.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
Hitting lvl99 is super easy in KH2. The regular course of the game should get you to 60-70. Grinding out your drive forms/summons/moogle crafting should get you to around 80. At that point you equip exp boost and the gull wing keyblade, go to Pride Lands, turn off Donald and Goofy's AI, nearly kill yourself, turn your volume all the way down, and go to the top of Pride Rock and spam Magnega. You'll hit 99 in like an hour at that point.

There will almost certainly be some trick to get there fast in 3 as well.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:

Pug Rodeo posted:

We have waited for this game forever. Just lol if you aren’t gonna max everything out so you squeeze every drop out of this.

Please. I’ll be using that time to write degenerate fanfic.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I just finished the stories and moved on to something else

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Kantesu posted:

Hitting lvl99 is super easy in KH2. The regular course of the game should get you to 60-70. Grinding out your drive forms/summons/moogle crafting should get you to around 80. At that point you equip exp boost and the gull wing keyblade, go to Pride Lands, turn off Donald and Goofy's AI, nearly kill yourself, turn your volume all the way down, and go to the top of Pride Rock and spam Magnega. You'll hit 99 in like an hour at that point.

There will almost certainly be some trick to get there fast in 3 as well.

Didn't they remove this from Final Mix?

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Yeah they changed the enemies at that rock for final mix. But it still wasn't too bad leveling. The new kh2FM+ room somewhere in cavern of remembrance gave a lot of exp if I recall correctly

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

That very first one looks like Goku

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I was like level 50 when I beat KH2. I guess that explains some of the difficulty I was experiencing, specifically the first boss in the last world.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Klungar posted:

Didn't they remove this from Final Mix?

Sefal posted:

Yeah they changed the enemies at that rock for final mix. But it still wasn't too bad leveling. The new kh2FM+ room somewhere in cavern of remembrance gave a lot of exp if I recall correctly

Yeah the enemies at that spot are still there but they don't drop any MP orbs like they used to. Mostly I see people recommend going down TWTNW for leveling now, which thankfully is also pretty fast when you use everything.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
When I was working on KH2fm, I would start at the last save point with bond of flame and gull wing keyblades to be on final form. Entered the room before it, go into final form and get beat down below 50% hp to activate gull wing 25% more exp. Then clear the room with firaga. When its cleared or almost out of form, run out, leave the world(gives you back max form charge), and repeat. Once you get it down you can do 50-99 in like an hour, I didn't time myself. Found about it online.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jan 10, 2019

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

One of the best things in KH is that in all the worlds where talking animals don't exist, when Donald and Goofy show up, no one bats an eye.

Especially in the Pirates world. You think at least one person would be like:

"That duck is talking and wearing a stupid hat!"

"Yup, that's Donald. Everything you know is a a lie, a-hyuck!"

honestly talking animals seems like pretty tame fare compared to some of the stuff thats happened in potc

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Is Kairi relevant yet?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Transport to Remembrence is the most unfun loving poo poo and I hope whoever thought up Sorcerer Nobodies is dead.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Pug Rodeo posted:

I want to know what the criteria is for worlds that are cool with the crew in their normal attire and those that would flip their poo poo and have an existential crisis if they saw them while not transformed into a form more in line with the current world.

Honestly they should have had Sora, Donald, and Goofy have a different look on every Disney world instead of only a handful

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Funky Valentine posted:

Transport to Remembrence is the most unfun loving poo poo and I hope whoever thought up Sorcerer Nobodies is dead.

Buy like 60 ethers and just spam reflectga. You can kill everything with the reflectga blasts.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Tenzarin posted:

Buy like 60 ethers and just spam reflectga. You can kill everything with the reflectga blasts.

You can buy 60, but you can only use around 5 before you have to go outside battle (which is impossible the first time through).

A better solution is to actually use summon and do it with the help of our good friend, Stitch.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Sakurazuka posted:

how unreasonable this is depends entirely on the game, ranging from being incredibly reasonable in KH2 to extremely stupid and pointless in Re:Com

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

amigolupus posted:

Is Kairi relevant yet?

As of Dream Drop Distance she's one of the seven "lights" (keyblade wielders) that are going to fight the 13 "darknessess" (Xehanorts). So probably not.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Personally I'm hoping for a Kairinort somehow. Given that even trailers show us her getting kidnapped AGAIN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

If Kairi doesn’t get to be playable, a Kairinort fight would definitely be the next best thing. How many of the 13 Norts do we know about right now? I haven’t been keeping count