Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Got NP2 Gramps in 180 SQ, I guess this helps make up for the debacle with Musashi. All in all a good Christmas and New Year with Quetz coming in 9 SQ, Merlin in 90, Gramps in 180 and Musashi(NP2) in a staggering 1000 SQ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Got a bunch of dupe 4*s (including a Carmilla spook) in a bit under 300$s worth of Quartz, as well as... Karna and Fionn? Not what I was hoping for, but I guess I'll take it, self NP charge AOE servants are always welcome, especially since his only competition is Smolter for quite a while, probably.

Uh, Karna, obviously, Fionn probably won't be seeing use for like two years still. Wish I hadn't dumped all my Lancer Embers into Mad Vlad's mouth right before this, though.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

gently caress OFF, HUNDRED PERSONAS

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I decided to do one 10 roll because of this thread and it got me Gramps somehow, I was positive that the gold assassin card that popped up was going to be Stheno. So uh thanks thread, now I have all the new limited servants somehow.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Congrats to all of those who rolled Gramps on becoming Dark Souls characters.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i did a solo with my 3 quartz and got np2 deon, nice

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Gramps came home in 150 quartz, but I was greedy hoping for NP2 and rolled the remaining 300. Didn't luck sack into another copy, but got my 5th Astolfo, 3rd Helena, 2nd Caster Gil, and a rare prism Nursery Rhyme. All in all, pretty happy with these pulls. :shobon:

Wish I hadn't spent so many embers getting my neglected lower rarity servants caught up. Gramps will have to wait a bit until I can max him.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Gasp, GamePress actually revised their overview of Jalter to finally admit that Crit is the way to go.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Spent the tickets I have to get NP4 Touta and a Mapo Tofu CE. Ah well, I'll survive. Gotta save quartz for other pulls.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I have twelve tickets. Surely that would net me Gramps!

No, wait, get thee behind me. Remain pure for MHXA.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Captain Baal posted:

More than one person is allowed to like big tits
:yeah:

On a related note; how soon is CCC? I kind of want to roll for Gramps but also want to save quartz for Kiara.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

RanKizama posted:

:yeah:

On a related note; how soon is CCC? I kind of want to roll for Gramps but also want to save quartz for Kiara.

JP got CCC on May 1st and the second banner with Kiara started on the 10th, so you've got about four full months to stockpile if they keep to the schedule.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Shiny777 posted:

JP got CCC on May 1st and the second banner with Kiara started on the 10th, so you've got about four full months to stockpile if they keep to the schedule.
Nice. Thanks!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
You know what? I got gramps very early in my stash, it's a very long time 'till the next banner I care about and I'd really like a new spread of random SRs. Why not?

Well okay geez.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
^^^^^^^^^^

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Pierson posted:

You know what? I got gramps very early in my stash, it's a very long time 'till the next banner I care about and I'd really like a new spread of random SRs. Why not?

Well okay geez.

He really likes you.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Tribladeofchaos posted:

I decided to do one 10 roll because of this thread and it got me Gramps somehow, I was positive that the gold assassin card that popped up was going to be Stheno. So uh thanks thread, now I have all the new limited servants somehow.

I got gramps in my first 10 roll too. It's weird how many people seem to be getting him.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Pierson posted:

Well okay geez.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Didn't get gramps in 150 sq. Was ready to walk away. Decided to go for one last ditch effort by trading in the fragments. Got him off a single pull

Dee Ehm
Apr 10, 2014
Same, except it was 666 quartz, and then when I traded in the fragments I still didn't get him.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Dee Ehm posted:

Same, except it was 666 quartz, and then when I traded in the fragments I still didn't get him.

Lore accurate, gramps is the reason the Beast (of Babylonia) could be slain

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

What's the best thing about Gramps and why is it the dynamic kill on his NP

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork
So, once again mentally prepare to empty out the quartz storage, and in just 30 rolls get formalcraft, Rama and...

...PRETTY blessed roll.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Actually speaking of Gramps how do I know if the instant death procs? It doesn't say "Death" and I also don't see a "Miss".

thark posted:

So, once again mentally prepare to empty out the quartz storage, and in just 30 rolls get formalcraft, Rama and...

...PRETTY blessed roll.
Good stuff right there.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Pierson posted:

Actually speaking of Gramps how do I know if the instant death procs? It doesn't say "Death" and I also don't see a "Miss".

Good stuff right there.

Did you see damage numbers.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Aurora posted:

congrats on somehow getting a swimsuit character

Oh, it was Rider Martha, I had them confused.

The biggest thing that stands out from restarting is the extremely low total cost; I can barely field anything! I imagine it'll increase pretty fast with the master xp daily, though.

Ezelek
Apr 30, 2006

I raised you, and loved you, I've given you weapons, taught you techniques, endowed you with knowledge. There's nothing more for me to give you. All that's left for you to take is my life.
I'm tempted to roll for Gramps, but I must build a strong stash for the true King, Proto-Arthur instead. He is the ultimate husbando.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ezelek posted:

I'm tempted to roll for Gramps, but I must build a strong stash for the true King, Proto-Arthur instead. He is the ultimate husbando.

I'm waiting mainly for summer Salter and caster Nero to come home.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

there is no true king but saber

Ezelek
Apr 30, 2006

I raised you, and loved you, I've given you weapons, taught you techniques, endowed you with knowledge. There's nothing more for me to give you. All that's left for you to take is my life.

the_steve posted:

I'm waiting mainly for summer Salter and caster Nero to come home.

After I spent $400 and didn't pull a single summer servant, all swimsuit waifus are forever dead to me.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

The biggest thing that stands out from restarting is the extremely low total cost; I can barely field anything! I imagine it'll increase pretty fast with the master xp daily, though.

NA has never had the Master XP daily, I'm afraid.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Oh Snapple! posted:

Did you see damage numbers.
I dunno I think Gramps works in a weird way, because I've seen his passive insta-kill-on-regular-attacks activate and the enemy had regular attack numbers come out but also died instantly.

Maybe they do it that way so he still gets stars/NP charge even from insta-kills?

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Oh Snapple! posted:

What's the best thing about Gramps and why is it the dynamic kill on his NP

The best part was that was it was originally a glitch! :eng101:

They fixed it shortly after but everyone liked it so much that they changed it back.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Tribladeofchaos posted:

The best part was that was it was originally a glitch! :eng101:

They fixed it shortly after but everyone liked it so much that they changed it back.
For those of us who never played JP; what dynamic kill?

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Pierson posted:

For those of us who never played JP; what dynamic kill?

When you use Gramps' NP, if the instant death procs, it skips the enemy's death animation. They just vanish instantly.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Ezelek posted:

And he gets a cute outfit later.

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jan 11, 2019

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

serefin99 posted:

When you use Gramps' NP, if the instant death procs, it skips the enemy's death animation. They just vanish instantly.

Not just the Instant Death. If they die in general.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

serefin99 posted:

isn't that just a setting now

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Kild posted:

isn't that just a setting now

No, that's quick death animation. The NP effect in question just had them straight up not be there when the normal battle area came back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Tired Moritz posted:

I thought Gawain was the knight that like the big boobs

Gawain likes much younger looking girls actually, it's gross but also comedic so

Also I got Grandpa