Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rx King
Mar 4, 2003

2house2fly posted:

Maybe you should try upgrading your CPU before circlejerking

I've had no issues with the game performance besides their lovely bugs until a few patches ago. My CPU is an i5 6500 and their minimum is an i5 6600k. Game runs smoothly now after last patch but this was a week or so ago. I run it with a GTX 1070 and 16gigs of ram and the rep told me it may harm my PC playing the game.

Been playing AC: Odyssey and Hitman 2 with no issues on very high settings and look at their CPU minimum requirements. FO76 minimum requirements is absolute bullshit since it's literally a copy/paste of FO4. Several people with "shittier" CPUs can run it just fine. So they are telling me it requires that much more CPU power than AC or Hitman 2? Must be all the enhanced details in the game Todd told us about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Berke Negri posted:

i changed myself, made sacrifices, turned myself into a hive mind, perfected the FEV process, spent decades building up a religion and infiltrating every settlement in california with a vision of a glorious new humanity and not once ever paused to think why aren't there any green babies

I never checked. I never wondered! My god, I've gone mad with power just like all the rest of them! What have I done? What would I have done?

Unironically that, yes.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Magmarashi posted:

I mean, yeah convincing The Master to kill himself by pointing out that Super Mutants are sterile is completely ridiculous and breaks believably. You're telling me he wouldn't remain confident that he could rectify that problem given more time and experimenting? You're telling me he NEVER encounter a set back, not even one, while modifying a pre-war viral mutagen to consistently generate a specific quality of enhanced mutant and all it took was one kid pointing out he made a loving rounding error to get him to off himself? Please.

It doesn't feel "earned"

The problem is that you're assuming the Master is completely and perfectly logical being. He's not. Chances are the half-blob of flesh/half-malfunctioning computer who wants to create world peace by turning everyone into orcs is probably a bit of a nutter. We can also reasonably assume that his judgement is influenced by the fact that he learns of this fundamental flaw in his plans from a guy with a really big gun who just finished running around wrecking his poo poo (and depending on what order you did things, you've already nuked the place where he makes super mutants).

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
heh master....more like assblaster heh.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

after i killed shaun in his bed with a commie whacker I wish Nora had said thumbs down bitch semper fi

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

timjin posted:

I've had no issues with the game performance besides their lovely bugs until a few patches ago. My CPU is an i5 6500 and their minimum is an i5 6600k. Game runs smoothly now after last patch but this was a week or so ago. I run it with a GTX 1070 and 16gigs of ram and the rep told me it may harm my PC playing the game.

Been playing AC: Odyssey and Hitman 2 with no issues on very high settings and look at their CPU minimum requirements. FO76 minimum requirements is absolute bullshit since it's literally a copy/paste of FO4. Several people with "shittier" CPUs can run it just fine. So they are telling me it requires that much more CPU power than AC or Hitman 2? Must be all the enhanced details in the game Todd told us about.

lol that's a dumb spec and they had to have pulled the 6600K part number out of their asses. Gives them an excuse to close everyone's support tickets, though

lost my retainer
Oct 28, 2002

Blow me

Quoting this again because it's the best. Like every other Beth game 76 has a test room with EVERY item / plan / mats available in bulk (including unreleased cosmetic stuff) and some people figured out how to get inside.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

What make that special?

I heard test rooms are normal in mmos.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Normally competent developers have safeguards to keep players out.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Normally competent devs don't have to beg the hackers with lifting their account suspension to find out how they got in.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
todddddddddddddd

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

pnumoman posted:

Normally competent devs don't have to beg the hackers with lifting their account suspension to find out how they got in.

Is it just me or is that their response to everyone not playing nice? Indefinite ban with a homework assignment to write about what they did. Granted I guess the alternative is timeouts for X number of hours or days but they really didn't think about how people would break this game over their knees. They forgot what kind of game they usually make and how people are used to abusing those games to their own ends.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Next they're going to be randomly banning people, making them fix a few bugs before they can get unbanned.

That's the only way i can see them getting through the list.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

As Nero Danced posted:

Is it just me or is that their response to everyone not playing nice? Indefinite ban with a homework assignment to write about what they did. Granted I guess the alternative is timeouts for X number of hours or days but they really didn't think about how people would break this game over their knees. They forgot what kind of game they usually make and how people are used to abusing those games to their own ends.

Sure, but I'm mostly amused by how they obviously can't figure out how these people did it, and they're resorting to straight up asking them how they did it.

Like, your online game is so poo poo it doesn't/can't log stuff to the point where you can't figure out how they got into your testing area? In an online only game with servers only you control? Just lol.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

I just stepped on another frag mine and the charm of no fast travel is beginning to fade. :bang:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

download a mod that lets you save and quicksave dont put yourself through this

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

pnumoman posted:

Sure, but I'm mostly amused by how they obviously can't figure out how these people did it, and they're resorting to straight up asking them how they did it.

Like, your online game is so poo poo it doesn't/can't log stuff to the point where you can't figure out how they got into your testing area? In an online only game with servers only you control? Just lol.

Seeing as they are awful at actually getting things done, yet they appear to have a lot of manpower to throw at exceedingly stupid poo poo like essay grading and test room guard duty, maybe the situation is the same as Telltale's: the company is hiring lots of new people, but no one really knows how to actually work with any of the dev tools, so the only solution to any problem is to throw tons of inexperienced workers at it and hope it goes away. The side effect being the exodus of experienced workers due to the demoralizing atmosphere, exacerbating the problem even further. Things must be really hosed if they don't have a single person to spare to create some kind of "if (player.UserType == UserTypes.ADMIN)" check when entering the test room cell

I doubt Bethesda's A-team (if it can be called that) will suffer much from this but it's beginning to look like the Fallout 76 team won't be around for long.

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jan 12, 2019

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

a-team is probably all on starfield soon if not already and BGS Austin tasked with running the game but I don't know what the work split was in actually developing this game

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Minorkos posted:

Seeing as they are awful at actually getting things done, yet they appear to have a lot of manpower to throw at exceedingly stupid poo poo like essay grading and test room guard duty, maybe the situation is the same as Telltale's: the company is hiring lots of new people, but no one really knows how to actually work with any of the dev tools, so the only solution to any problem is to throw tons of inexperienced workers at a problem and hope it goes away. The side effect being the exodus of experienced workers due to the demoralizing atmosphere, exacerbating the problem even further. Things must be really hosed if they don't have a single person to spare to create some kind of "if (player.UserType == UserTypes.ADMIN)" check when entering the test room cell

I doubt Bethesda's A-team (if it can be called that) will suffer much from this but it's beginning to look like the Fallout 76 team won't be around for long.

So they're just going to go with the "thousand monkeys on a thousand typewriters" approach I see.

Somehow I doubt the almighty Todd would be so merciful as to put the dev team and this shitheap of code out of its misery so easily. Not only because they'd have to publicly admit defeat in doing so but also because someone who knew what they were doing would have to step in and try to fix this instead. Anyone smart enough to know what they're doing in Gamebryo is smart enough not to want to get anywhere near 76; it's basically a death sentence to your career. I wouldn't be surprised if they were reserving the real talent to the main franchises and Starfield so people don't laugh them out of the LA Convention Center this summer.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Who wants to go to a bar, chat up some hot piece of rear end and take them home to this to try your luck?

:20bux: says they sober up immediately and remember they have somewhere else they need to be.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
S.p.e.c.i.a.l needs.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Probably made out of polyester with the way the rest of their merch has been going

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Fallom posted:

Probably made out of polyester with the way the rest of their merch has been going

I'll have you know that polyester is a remarkably useful fabric with several uses and handfeels. lovely polyester is what you'd end up with in this situation.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Played through Honest Hearts. God, Daniel is just the worst kind of "ally" that the Sorrows could ask for, isn't he? The sheer amount of self-deluded arrogance he displays while trying to position himself as humble makes me happy to see him miserable in the good ending. He's trying to use "saving" the Sorrows as a way to justify his missionary work and absolve himself for his failures. gently caress him.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Minorkos posted:

All they made prior to 76 is Doom4 multiplayer, which seems like a thing everyone just tried to forget existed, so not a huge loss

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Who wants to go to a bar, chat up some hot piece of rear end and take them home to this to try your luck?

:20bux: says they sober up immediately and remember they have somewhere else they need to be.

Confirmed Bachelor*

*not the gay kind

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

I can save them some time:

Glitching the character to enter the ground, and fall on top of it.

If the area have a killbox, then they are using other cheat to have their client ignore the killbox.

As for the "they are giving a non-standard reaction to this". Welp, they are non a traditional mmo company, so how they react to this is different.

This is weak circlejerk material, but I guess will feed youtube videos for a 2 weeks until the next mishapp happens.

This Fallout76 game is not very good. I recommend the people of this thread this other game. APB:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O14AkC2R2_Y

Tei fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Jan 12, 2019

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Tei posted:

As for the "they are giving a non-standard reaction to this". Welp, they are non a traditional mmo company, so how they react to this is different.

Yeah, hoping their players just admit they stole things from a restricted area is bound to be cutting-edge systems security. Bethesda's really innovating on that front.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Looks like those clowns at Bethesda did it again

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

The Master being narcissistic and buying his own bullshit enough to miss an obvious problem is completely believable. That happens all the time to cult leaders, military officers, political leaders, business owners. It's kind of a universal problem with having someone in power with lack of independent oversight or accountability from the ranks.

The issue is someone like that would never admit they're wrong, or rarely would admit the problem but double down on being able to fix it now that they are aware of it.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

As Nero Danced posted:

My problem with the story was I had a white couple, a black baby and a pack of cigarettes on the counter my male character didn't recognize- literally "who left those there?" Pretty minor, just a graphical glitch and an ambiguous line of dialogue, but I had zero emotional connection to the baby or wife. I knew I was giving the game too much credit because Bethesda are a bunch of hacks and wouldn't think of a wrinkle like that, but if my first reaction to the baby is "that's not mine, and holy poo poo I think my wife is cheating on me," it's hard to get invested.

lmao

At least that way it makes more sense that you don't care about your spouse dying.

Is it really random? My only playthrough I was playing as a white guy and had a white wife and baby.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

A Sometimes Food posted:

The Master being narcissistic and buying his own bullshit enough to miss an obvious problem is completely believable. That happens all the time to cult leaders, military officers, political leaders, business owners. It's kind of a universal problem with having someone in power with lack of independent oversight or accountability from the ranks.

The issue is someone like that would never admit they're wrong, or rarely would admit the problem but double down on being able to fix it now that they are aware of it.

^^^^^

Dev Room chat: I'd bet it's some sort of mod 'hack' along the lines of the mod that lets you get past the vault doors on the dungeons by just making the doors not there. No doubt they just hid it behind a wall hastily

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Phlegmish posted:

lmao

At least that way it makes more sense that you don't care about your spouse dying.

Is it really random? My only playthrough I was playing as a white guy and had a white wife and baby.

its supposed to be a mix of Nate and Nora's skin color and I think his face changes slightly to match too

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet
Let's take a short break from just how broken Fallout 76, to the fact that Bethesda managed to break Fallout 4 again, with their latest patch.

There's an area in Far Harbour, where Old Whatshisface takes to Arcadia, that now results in a guaranteed crash, no matter what you do. *

*Unless you install the Unofficial Patch of course, because Bethesda can't even fix their own games anymore.

And what was the patch Bethesda put in? Nothing, just some creation club display fixes, and it hosed some random texture in Far Harbour up.

So for those of you who have hope Bethesda will fix anything, don't, they'll only make it worse.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

i tried to find a picture of Shaun from one of my saves but apparently I have never taken one of him so here's this instead

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Never taken a picture of your own son. Jfc

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

eh i barely knew him anyways

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Spun Dog posted:

I just tried playing 4 again over the holiday. I forgot how many loading screens there are, it's kind of crazy. Even on a solid state I'm staring at 3d models and game tips more than enemies.

I've heard that the speed of Fallout 4 loading screens is to some degree dependant on framerate. Not sure how true that is, but it would not surprise me at this point considering going from a building to the outside can take >30 seconds on my rig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

It's entirely true. Loading times improve massively if you turn vsync off. But the game also fucks up if your FPS is too high, soooo