Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Most chain pizza places are really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
What if you buy a recording and listen to it in your car while on a work trip thinking about all the live shows you are missing out on due to having a wife and kids?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Rock opera is a genre of musical theatre, not a genre of music, lol at you idiots.

:wrong:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Away all Goats posted:

Regardless of what sort it is, you should eat pizzas with a knife and fork.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

You should eat them drunk at ?? AM and dribble the grease all over your beard and shirt before you pass out.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Wheat Loaf posted:

I only do this if it is served to me on a plate. I actually prefer it that way because my hands are pretty shaky so I need to use both hands if I don't want things to fall off, which isn't a good look.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Away all Goats posted:

I mean, it's pretty hard to gently caress up pizza :shrug:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Wheat Loaf posted:

That's like eating BBQ ribs with gloves...I mean, sure you can, but half the fun is the mess & eating with your hands like an animal :black101:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

BOOTY-ADE posted:

That's like eating BBQ ribs with gloves...I mean, sure you can, but half the fun is the mess & eating with your hands like an animal :black101:

If you make a mess eating pizza with your hands, you have a problem

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The best pizzas are the ones with the most tomato sauce.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

an overly saucy pizza is poo poo, it's like a french onion soup with not enough cheese. Trust me, I used to get forced in elementary school to surrender my scabby pizza cheese at lunch, pizza sucks without cheese.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Wheat Loaf posted:

The best pizzas are the ones with the most tomato sauce.

Agreed. The sauce is what makes or breaks a pizza. I also think pizza is best at just warm enough to have the cheese still a little melty, but not so hot that the cheese slides off when you bite it.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I like the ones with the really spicy tomato sauce best.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There are also good pizzas without tomato sauce.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Solice Kirsk posted:

Fear Factory's Obsolete is the best "rock opera" by a country mile. Mostly because it has a character named "Edge Crusher" in it and I could never tell if it was supposed to be serious or not. Resurrection is a really good song either way though.

All of Fear Factory's albums are supposed to be part of a story. Not every song references it but you can see it chronologically. Obsolete is both their best album and really the peak of the story; it's when the machines have ultimately taken over and people are just fighting to survive. This is part of why they reference and sample Blade Runner a lot. If you can make something that looks and acts like a human but is better in every way what does that mean for humans?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Choose not to make that thing? Instead make something that does not look or act like a human, to take care of humans.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It means there will be more power noise in the future. Once again Feindflug is ahead of the curve.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I don't really know what a rock opera is but I don't care, Green Day sucks.

Rock is a genre of music featuring drums, guitars and vocals. Opera is a genre of theatre in which all dialogue is sung rather than spoken. A rock opera is a play in which all dialogue takes the form of rock music lyrics. The term is also sometimes erroneously used to describe rock musicals and concept albums.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Climate change, the accumulation of micro plastic in the environment, in our food, blood, etc. make any kind of long term planning a fools game. Best seek out short term pleasures now before the collapse. At least then when you and the world die you at least got high, drunk, ate rear end, etc.. If god wanted more he was free to do something about it.

doverhog has a new favorite as of 07:39 on Jan 13, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Away all Goats posted:

This post is an endorsement of pizza, not Pizza Hut. Like, lukewarm bread with a melty cheese slice on it is still good, especially if I’m hungry. Pizza can only improve from there.

I only do this if it is served to me on a plate. I actually prefer it that way because my hands are pretty shaky so I need to use both hands if I don't want things to fall off, which isn't a good look.

Just order some wine with the pizza.

PHUO: some hippy bullshit is good even though no amount of woo will save you from cancer. For example, there’s no such thing as a chakra but the process of “opening your chakras” is still good as a mental exercise and the mystical language helps as a visualization.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

doverhog posted:

Climate change, the accumulation of micro plastic in the environment, in our food, blood, etc. make any kind of long term planning a fools game. Best seek out short term pleasures now before the collapse. At least then when you and the world die you at least got high, drunk, ate rear end, etc.. If god wanted more he was free to do something about it.

Sure great.

Not a real controversial opinion here but do yourself a favor and treat yourself well. Get yo teeth fixed (you'll need it) work out.

Be the last one standing. This fuckhole has maybe 50 years before it gets a lot worse. Or help someone else prepare.

Be good to yourself and your fellow human beings, maybe cats too idk.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Climate change is not a joke. Species and biome death is our reality. Migration from the blasted lands is happening.

Learn Farsi, learn Mandarin, meet your new neighbors.

Be kind and gentle

Or learn how to distill alcohol and make bullets

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

syscall girl posted:

Climate change is not a joke. Species and biome death is our reality. Migration from the blasted lands is happening.

Learn Farsi, learn Mandarin, meet your new neighbors.

Be kind and gentle

Or learn how to distill alcohol and make bullets

Compromise: be kind and learn to distill alcohol. Your displaced neighbours will appreciate it.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

American Idiot remains the greatest rock opera of all time.

hahahahahaha...ahahahahaha...haaa...

no. no, no no no no. you were mistaken.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Green Day is straight up one of the most poo poo bands of all time. I can't even imagine how bad their Broadway show based on one of the worst songs I've ever heard is.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It’s ok, not everyone can have taste

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

veni veni veni posted:

Green Day is straight up one of the most poo poo bands of all time. I can't even imagine how bad their Broadway show based on one of the worst songs I've ever heard is.

poo poo band that is/was super popular

And did waddya call it, ballads? That thing The Offspring did. Soaring music for people who don't actually like punk.

tfe: Anthems?

I'm a big fan of BR and they can get pretty anthemic some times. Don't think Rancid ever did any of that nonsense. NOFX definitely did but I liked it.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

syscall girl posted:

Sure great.

Not a real controversial opinion here but do yourself a favor and treat yourself well. Get yo teeth fixed (you'll need it) work out.

Be the last one standing. This fuckhole has maybe 50 years before it gets a lot worse. Or help someone else prepare.

Be good to yourself and your fellow human beings, maybe cats too idk.

That's all good advice I already follow, to some degree or another.

Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle-Earth is the best concept album. Is it a power metal opera? I'd never call it that if not for the recent discussion in this thread.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Actually re-reading what I just wrote seems like a lazy knock-off of Wear Sunscreen

"Anybody not wearing two million sunblock is gonna have a real bad day, get it?!"

-Sarah Connor

https://www.universetoday.com/84289/jwst-sunscreen-offers-spf-1000000/

but hey we're halfway there

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

syscall girl posted:

poo poo band that is/was super popular

And did waddya call it, ballads? That thing The Offspring did. Soaring music for people who don't actually like punk.

tfe: Anthems?

I'm a big fan of BR and they can get pretty anthemic some times. Don't think Rancid ever did any of that nonsense. NOFX definitely did but I liked it.

The Offspring are actually tolerable to listen to. Green Day on the other hand was only successful because they got lucky and made That One Song That Every High School Class Picks As Their Graduation Song.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The Offspring are actually tolerable to listen to. Green Day on the other hand was only successful because they got lucky and made That One Song That Every High School Class Picks As Their Graduation Song.

Green Day is not Vitamin C.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

A song that is actually about the end of a relationship due to having been cheated on.

Minority is their only good song.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Green Day was extremely successful before that song was even written. Dookie went Platinum and has like 5 big radio singles on it.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
And here I was thinking of When September Ends :ohdear:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Punk bad.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

Green Day was extremely successful before that song was even written. Dookie went Platinum and has like 5 big radio singles on it.

I don't let things like "facts" get in my way when I'm trying to make a point.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

The album "Dookie" came before that and had a ton of hits, but Time of your Life or whatever its called definitely brought them to a new echelon of commercial success.

Unpopular opinion: I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with traditional gender roles. If a man is earning more than his partner and they can thrive on a single income then there is no issue at all as long as both parties are satisfied.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

This is punk. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utGWdby6X3w

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Aramek posted:

Punk bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiaLPnBs3Rc

:cb: