Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Zapf Dingbat posted:

Everyone I've met who has used cryptocurrency irl is a horrible human being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Zapf Dingbat posted:

cryptocurrency is horrible

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

https://twitter.com/NeerajKA/status/1083720403636416513?s=09

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Totally missed opportunity to call it CoCoin.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Cryptocurrency is so tainted a concept that being associated with the biggest drug baron and narcoterrorist ever is barely a blip.
:roflolmao:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i prefer to make my political donations to pablo escobar via cocaine purchases

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

gary oldmans diary posted:

i prefer to make my political donations to pablo escobar via cocaine purchases

plus cocaine is one of the few things you can already buy with bitcoin

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

poverty goat posted:

plus cocaine is one of the few things you can already buy with bitcoin

So really its just streamlining the cocaine purchase.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

So really its just streamlining the cocaine purchase.
no the new cryptocurrency streamlines the part where you give money to pablo escobar by eliminating the time consuming physical aspect where you get cocaine in exchange for your money

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

gary oldmans diary posted:

no the new cryptocurrency streamlines the part where you give money to pablo escobar by eliminating the time consuming physical aspect where you get cocaine in exchange for your money

Colombia is pretty chill right now though so everyone should feel good about buying direct and cutting out the mexican cartels

Also I don't know why you guys think the cocaine wouldn't arrive. The whole point of selling cocaine is that you can sell it to the same people over and over again. If they didn't send you the cocaine it would never work.

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jan 12, 2019

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Look at these guys ITT stuck in the 1980's who haven't realized the real bitcoin boom is in Chinese fentanyl

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3741325&pagenumber=745&perpage=40#post469478406 posted:

Teenagers stole pack containing fentanyl, what to do?
submitted 2 days ago * by [Fresh Account]fentanyl012596
Was expecting a pack today containing 4g fentanyl powder, had to go to the store to get some cigarretes and returned home to wait for the pack. Nothing shows up, I go to check my camera's and sure enough my camera that I have mounted to the power box opposite my front door shows my package being delivered. Couple minutes later, four kids from the neighbor run across my lawn and toss the package in a drawstring bag then take off on their bikes. I assume they were following the mail truck and knicking packages.
I know all but one of these kids by name from their faces, my camera's gave me pretty high quality video of them and none of them were disguised as my cameras aren't very visible. I know where they live as well. This was a very expensive order and it's also a very dangerous drug that I don't think these kids know the potency of. They are only 15-16 and don't want them to get it confuses with cocaine or something which they've never seen and just assume they can go sledding.
What can I do?

Sorry for the late update, I've been cleaning house and getting my priorities sorted, haven't had time to post this. After about an hour of hesitation, I drove a couple blocks to one of the kids houses at the end of a cul-de-sac, caught his mother unloading groceries in their driveway and approached her. Essentially along the lines of; "Hey, I'm 012596 I live up the road, we've met a few times. I was expecting some research chemicals that are dangourous and expensive, when they didn't arrive I decided to check my cameras and have a video of your son and his friends taking my package. I am asking you please have him return my package immediately, or I will have to get the police involved, it would be for their own safety." She seemed pretty mortified and immediately apologized and went inside to speak to her son, and came out saying that 'her son doesn't know what you're talking about.' I pressed her and told her I have video and got a bit aggressive, saying I will take this to the police, and she got very defensive, it was turning into an argument, and since I didn't have the video on hand, I left as she went inside and shut the garage door. At this point I've given up, I don't see me trying desperately to get the package and causing an argument helping me in any way, and at this point I feel its lost. Moved my microgram scale, medical garments and respirator, cash and other supplies to a discreet cache, fully sanitized my entire packing room and got rid of all my other drugs I had in the house and have removed pretty much any evidence necessary, might be deleting these posts but I don't find it necessary yet.
Not for the kids safety or that I have any actual regard for their well being as they have lost me several thousand dollars in potential profit, but I'm only hoping they flushed the poo poo or that the kid texts his friends and tells them the 'dangerous research chemicals' aren't coke. Going to let this push over hopefully, gonna get PO box or a drop of some sorts for my next order, really hosed up on not staying home all day for my order. Thanks for the advice, I get really bad stress and I don't think I'd have been able to approach this how I did if it wasn't for the replies on this thread. P.S. - I cut the fentanyl with mannitol or dextrose and properly measure it out using a very expensive microgram scale and sell to dealers, I'm not cutting peoples dope without their knowledge or pressing this into pills without peoples knowledge.

also from the thread posted:

–]Bagsofmilkeh420 32 points 1 day ago
Wow those kids are gonna snort that poo poo and OD most likely

[–]DisabledNeckbeard 22 points 1 day ago
It'll be a good lesson for them. You don't commit a federal crime and gently caress with other peoples mail.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Ideal situation: kids do drugs. End up in ER. Police called. It traces back to dealer. He gets butt reamed. Bitcoin go up.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

If Bitcoin was tied to buttsex it would actually be a viable currency.

SolTerrasa
Sep 2, 2011

quote:

P.S. - I cut the fentanyl with mannitol or dextrose and properly measure it out using a very expensive microgram scale and sell to dealers, I'm not cutting peoples dope without their knowledge or pressing this into pills without peoples knowledge. 

It is crazy the stories these people tell themselves about how they're still good people. Yeah, he's measuring the fentanyl out very accurately, and he's not putting it into anything that a consumer might use. He's just selling it to dealers, who are ... cutting dope and pressing it into pills without people's knowledge. Does he think being one step removed from killing people makes him ethically blameless?

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

SolTerrasa posted:

It is crazy the stories these people tell themselves about how they're still good people. Yeah, he's measuring the fentanyl out very accurately, and he's not putting it into anything that a consumer might use. He's just selling it to dealers, who are ... cutting dope and pressing it into pills without people's knowledge. Does he think being one step removed from killing people makes him ethically blameless?

Most people are lazy and don't spend the effort to scrutinize their behavior or really interact with tough ethical thought

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
also he's making money on it

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

If I wasn't doing it someone else would, therefore

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

there are cities where virtually all of the heroin is just cut fentanyl now, so even the dope people are cutting with fentanyl is actually just cut fentanyl already. if ever there was a good time to be into heroin, this is not it

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

We'll have one entire section labelled "for degenerates"

poverty goat posted:

there are cities where virtually all of the heroin is just cut fentanyl now, so even the dope people are cutting with fentanyl is actually just cut fentanyl already. if ever there was a good time to be into heroin, this is not it

I think they gave me Fentanyl to knock me out for my surgery. Is it even enjoyable recreationally?

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Razorwired posted:

American Education being ruined by money is bigger than what individual schools have money for a pool or whatever. It's also poo poo like a handful of Texans picking everyone's textbooks because their school district happens to be the biggest market.

They'll reject a history book if it's not friendly enough to white Americans i.e. any actual American History textbook.

The idea that most of the US gets Texas textbooks is a complete myth.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

Hobologist posted:

I think they gave me Fentanyl to knock me out for my surgery. Is it even enjoyable recreationally?
I don’t think you got Fentanyl for anesthesia, but yes it enjoyable. Although I’m basing this on the actual prescription medicine and not the mystery powder that’s out on the street, so who knows? But I have heard heroin users on the internet complaining that it’s not as good.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

I got a cocktail of stuff when I had to have radiosurgery for some clots in my lungs. I was going over the bill and fentanyl was on there, as was ketamine and some others.

I had to be awake for part of it, and she had said she as going to give me something so I wouldn't remember parts, other stuff so I wouldn't care, and something else so I wouldn't feel anything.

I regained consciousness on the table because they needed me to hold my breath for parts of it. The first thing I remember saying was "It's like playing Angry Birds!", because I had a massive version of that going in my head as I came to. Plus I could close my eyes and see a very detailed metal plate (think roadside historical marker, but with raised angular marks instead of letters.)

Needless to say, I felt really drat good for a while afterwards! Oh, and I could get oxygen into my blood again, so there was that, too.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
How long can you hold your breath? And what happens if you let out?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Burt Sexual posted:

How long can you hold your breath? And what happens if you let out?

your head asplode

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

They needed me to hold my breath so my gutty works weren't moving around and they could see the blood vessels under the fluoroscope better.

Normally I can hold it for around two minutes, but I was so baked my time sense was way off. I'm guessing it was 15 - 20 seconds at a time.

With a near-constant stream of x-rays zipping around, the radiosurgeon wore a cool looking lead suit. I could only think of him as DR. SPACE NINJA. Again, the drugs likely helped that thought process.

But I paid in filthy fiat, since the hospital didn't take the Holy Crypto.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
The one that made you not care and see the metal plate while awake was probably the ketamine. I've not had had fentanyl but I have had an awful lot of morphine after an accident once.

You don't need Bitcoin to purchase either of those, unless you need a lot I guess

Dick Wolf
Apr 5, 2009
In the US at least in an ICU setting fentanyl is for pain control, versed or propofol is for sedation. I haven't heard of ketamine used ever here, but it is a dissociative and was likely responsible for the "trippy" effects. Keep in mind these patients are likely on a ventilator requiring pain control and sedation. I believe for endoscopy procedures they use propofol for procedural sedation.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I had wisdom teeth removed and I needed to be awake for the procedure and they gave me 'twilight sedation " which is a mixture of a short lived benzo and a light sedative.

I remembered very few things about the procedure and had no pain, even when they were prying the pieces of my surgically shattered wisdom teeth out of my head.

Apparently I told the dentist I found my true calling in life but I couldn't remember what it was and he didn't think to ask me what I discovered, so I don't know what it was.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

I had an endoscopy where they gave me fentanyl for sedation and it was fuckin amazing I just giggled for 30 seconds before getting knocked out

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
https://twitter.com/nickstenning/status/1084379600627609600?s=21

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Hobologist posted:

Supposedly the high has a shorter duration than heroin.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Dmitri-9 posted:

Supposedly the high has a shorter duration than heroin.

My understanding is the high isn't very good either, other than staving off dopesickness. Fentanyl solves a lot of problems supply side (no need for poppy fields, higher yields and a smaller package to transport), and is also a superior product in some extremely cynical ways (shorter duration = $$$), but is universally bad news for addicts.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Back to Krokodil I guess :zombie:

E: Reposting from the weird news thread.

stop this reality I want to get off.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jan 13, 2019

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

poverty goat posted:

My understanding is the high isn't very good either, other than staving off dopesickness. Fentanyl solves a lot of problems supply side (no need for poppy fields, higher yields and a smaller package to transport), and is also a superior product in some extremely cynical ways (shorter duration = $$$), but is universally bad news for addicts.

It also explodes your tolerance levels which means one dose of it can make it so you need massive doses of heroin or oxy to get that same high. Fent is evil

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Why is heroin so hard to synthesise, compared to fentanyl? (Same for cocaine, compared to amphetamines)

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Why is heroin so hard to synthesise, compared to fentanyl? (Same for cocaine, compared to amphetamines)

Might be because there is already legal manufacturing processes to make fent and amphetamines because they have medical uses, which are easier to steal and do on the black market. Cocaine and heroin have been illegal across most of the world for most of a century (?) and that made it harder to make a more streamlined process to manufacturer in large scale compared to the processes that are just stolen from medical stuff.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Laserface posted:

I had wisdom teeth removed and I needed to be awake for the procedure and they gave me 'twilight sedation " which is a mixture of a short lived benzo and a light sedative.

Everyone else seemed to get all kinds of poo poo for their wisdom removals, all I got was the local numbing agent and man that wasn’t a pleasant experience. One of my teeth really did not want to come out. My root canal took about 2 and a bit hours and was infinitely more pleasant.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

EL BROMANCE posted:

Everyone else seemed to get all kinds of poo poo for their wisdom removals, all I got was the local numbing agent and man that wasn’t a pleasant experience. One of my teeth really did not want to come out. My root canal took about 2 and a bit hours and was infinitely more pleasant.
Twilight anesthesia has a risk of complication so they don't prescribe it without a serious reason. If your teeth don't require a hammer and chisel to remove they're just gonna give you local, maybe some laughing gas if your dentist is a hippy.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Precursor control works. Barbiturates are gone because they require niche precursors that are easily flagged in industrial quantities. Grad students probably make their own cocaine and phenobarbital from scratch all the time in university labs but there's no way to scale it up because the global supply chain is rigged.

Here's how cocaine is made:

quote:

An interview with a coca farmer published in 2003 described a mode of production by acid-base extraction that has changed little since 1905. Roughly 625 pounds (283 kg) of leaves were harvested per hectare, six times per year. The leaves were dried for half a day, then chopped into small pieces with a string trimmer and sprinkled with a small amount of powdered cement (replacing sodium carbonate from former times). Several hundred pounds of this mixture were soaked in 50 US gallons (190 L) of gasoline for a day, then the gasoline was removed and the leaves were pressed for remaining liquid, after which they could be discarded. Then battery acid (weak sulfuric acid) was used, one bucket per 55 lb (25 kg) of leaves, to create a phase separation in which the cocaine free base in the gasoline was acidified and extracted into a few buckets of "murky-looking smelly liquid". Once powdered caustic soda was added to this, the cocaine precipitated and could be removed by filtration through a cloth. The resulting material, when dried, was termed pasta and sold by the farmer. The 3750 pound yearly harvest of leaves from a hectare produced 6 lb (2.5 kg) of pasta, approximately 40–60% cocaine. Repeated recrystallization from solvents, producing pasta lavada and eventually crystalline cocaine were performed at specialized laboratories after the sale.
cocaine is a thing because you can make it in the jungle from plants, cement, gasoline and old car batteries. Likewise there are lots of ways to turn opium into heroin, or pseudoephedrine into meth. Fent uses common precursors, and you can make an extraordinary number of doses with quantities that won't trip any alarms.

LSD and MDMA are outliers here and are just so drat good that they persist despite requiring extremely risky precursors and advanced chemistry

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jan 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
That's some genuine alchemy poo poo right there.

Especially the "murky-looking smelly liquid"