Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Snooze Cruise posted:

cpig is a good vote because they act unengaged with the game

Hi, have you met me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CapitalistPig posted:

how is it sneaky to tell the truth.

uhh what if you say it in a whisper?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CapitalistPig posted:

Hi, have you met me?

yeah so why you keep signing up in these games!?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Snooze Cruise posted:

in scenario one there is the normal hance of pera being mafia or not in which cause i want actual reasons why you would vote her in scenario two i think its more likely to be 3p aligned than mafia aligned because that is wat makes the sense

peramene posted:

obviously I'll just grant my scum team

peramene posted:

my scum team

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Snooze Cruise posted:

yeah so why you keep signing up in these games!?

Because I have fun.

Also, like , it's day one and this game is insanity, maybe you are trying too hard to engage?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

More importantly, pera isn't in votefinder as a player and therefore cannot be voted unless there's a specific hidden mechanic that allows us to extirpate her.

this is a testable hypothesis and also she's in the player list

i don't understand the resistance to this, i truly truly don't

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i won't stand for the hypocrisy in this community no longer, my goal in this game is to no longer defeat pera, but defeat mafia itself and you the players who let things fall in ruin while i left and also defeat pera

my scum team
my game
the scum in my game = scum team

so half rear end
##vote soaring kestrel

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

i just skipped 3 pages of posts, ama

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Soaring Kestrel posted:

to clarify: the player list in the OP

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

big fan of david lynch's work. just some incredible movies

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CapitalistPig posted:

Because I have fun.

Also, like , it's day one and this game is insanity, maybe you are trying too hard to engage?

its a game about communication

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

GulagDolls posted:

big fan of david lynch's work. just some incredible movies

i like mullohand drive

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Soaring Kestrel posted:

vote pera right now and see what happens

(it's nothing. nothing happens)

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Soaring Kestrel posted:

Actually you are wrong.

https://votefinder.org/player/peramene

Here have a evidence

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

the phonecall scene in lost highway

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Snooze Cruise posted:

i won't stand for the hypocrisy in this community no longer, my goal in this game is to no longer defeat pera, but defeat mafia itself and you the players who let things fall in ruin while i left and also defeat pera

my scum team
my game
the scum in my game = scum team

so half rear end
##vote soaring kestrel

fine

the first serious rule that we talked about in thread was clearly scum slanted, also

pera NO's were granted to all players to use as a town focused mechanic to kill rules, and pera Yes's were granted to scum to keep rules in place

how is this not a pro scum role?

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

GeneX posted:

Let’s fix things

##vote peramene

This vote didn't show up in votefinder. Votefinder's the first thing in the OP. I think we gotta trust that votefinder is true here.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Soaring Kestrel posted:

fine

the first serious rule that we talked about in thread was clearly scum slanted, also

pera NO's were granted to all players to use as a town focused mechanic to kill rules, and pera Yes's were granted to scum to keep rules in place

how is this not a pro scum role?

uhh those rules were once again assigned before the game even started

again half assed reasonings lets vote this pal

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Mr. Humalong posted:

vote pera right now and see what happens

(it's nothing. nothing happens)

i am aware of this and posit that there may be a manual votecount; if we got 12 players to vote pera in game, i am curious whether nat20 would do something from a mod perspective

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Actually you are wrong.

https://votefinder.org/player/peramene

Here have a evidence

i clarified this; read the OP of this thread

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Snooze Cruise posted:

its a game about communication

No, it's a game about shitposting and calling people dumb.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
scum is gonna win by all of town modkilling themselves

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Snooze Cruise posted:

uhh those rules were once again assigned before the game even started

I'm confused as to why that matters?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the major irony of mafia is its a game about communication but nerds are so bad about communication some of them play it like poker or some of them play it like something other than poker and i don't know if this is actually irony

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Soaring Kestrel posted:

I'm confused as to why that matters?

im confused as to why you think this is a good case and not flimsy reasoning that as you dig further and further in you are exposing more and more of yourself as the scum you are

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Soaring Kestrel posted:

i am aware of this and posit that there may be a manual votecount; if we got 12 players to vote pera in game, i am curious whether nat20 would do something from a mod perspective

ok you herd 11 cats to manually vote for pera even though it won't show up in votefinder

i'll watch

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Mr. Humalong posted:

ok you herd 11 cats to manually vote for pera even though it won't show up in votefinder

i'll watch

its almost like they keep wanting to engage on this subject because its something they can freely talk about without much investment or real logic to make a true case and they are scum hmm

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

i think my vote is in a pretty good spot for today, see everyone day 2

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
that wasn't directed at you it was directed at the others since you are already voting em

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Soaring Kestrel posted:

Nat20 isn't going to manually track everyone's votes and unvotes to try and see if the mod gets lynched.

Maybe you can ask pera to make you a dodecauple-voter except it only affects people who aren't living players in this game and we can find out for sure!

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Snooze Cruise posted:

im confused as to why you think this is a good case and not flimsy reasoning that as you dig further and further in you are exposing more and more of yourself as the scum you are

it's not a bad idea to test the hypothesis IMO and loses us nothing if I'm wrong. maybe it's too late in the day now but i still think this should be tested day 2

whatever i'll drop it for now

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
jesus

##vote kestrel

I may be coming around to this kestrel thing.

kestrel, please tell me why we should potentially waste our vote after having lost 2 town players to modkills today?

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function

Snooze Cruise posted:

its almost like they keep wanting to engage on this subject because its something they can freely talk about without much investment or real logic to make a true case and they are scum hmm

I think this might actually be true.

##vote Soaring Kestrel

Soaring Kestrel posted:

it's not a bad idea to test the hypothesis IMO and loses us nothing if I'm wrong. maybe it's too late in the day now but i still think this should be tested day 2

whatever i'll drop it for now

I think this is actually quite bad as well because if we're wrong then we potentially lose an execution or at the very least discussion time around an execution.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
now your switching your reasoning from "this person is scum" to "this is a testable hypothesis'

also can i just say i hate it when people in mafia games talk about certain votes like hypothesis. like the goal isn't to test things its to kill the baddies you think its bad. i mean there are some like, setups that are more mafia likes where you do have to like use votes as tests sometimes, but even though this is a weird game itself this was still a bad case to use it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
What is the argument here and how does it make sense at all

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
why would it be a waste? if it doesn't do anything, we can just go back to voting and casing like normal. like, the only case in which we actually lose something would be "i'm right about pera being a player; oh, also, she's immune to being voted"

if she is a player, then the vote goes through

if she's not a player, then we just vote someone else.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Kashuno posted:

What is the argument here and how does it make sense at all

I'm having difficulty following

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Soaring Kestrel posted:

why would it be a waste? if it doesn't do anything, we can just go back to voting and casing like normal. like, the only case in which we actually lose something would be "i'm right about pera being a player; oh, also, she's immune to being voted"

if she is a player, then the vote goes through

if she's not a player, then we just vote someone else.

also a reminder this isn't actually your vote why not put this amount effort in the person you are actually voting for lol

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

##unvote

hmm.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Soaring Kestrel posted:

why would it be a waste?

because its a waste of time and a distraction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
oh my god

disclaimer: i said i'd drop this but y'all keep asking me questions

azure: it would take like 15 minutes at the beginning of day two to test it that doesn't lose us a ton of time for casing or whatever

sc: nope, she's still scum or scum adjacent based on everything i've seen of her posting, the hypothesis of "she can be voted" is separate from that but regardless of whether she can or not i think she's scum?? i don't feel like i'm switching my reasoning