Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Doesn't look like anyone has mentioned it in here, yet, but the dates for the 2019 Duckstream have been announced!

https://twitter.com/DuckfeedTV/status/1071562824135122950

I've seen some of the plans for the West Coast boys and I'm v. excited. Also Gary, me, and the rest of the lads will be doing a live Days of Future Cast on another terrible Wolverine movie, so yay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

EC posted:

Doesn't look like anyone has mentioned it in here, yet, but the dates for the 2019 Duckstream have been announced!

https://twitter.com/DuckfeedTV/status/1071562824135122950

I've seen some of the plans for the West Coast boys and I'm v. excited. Also Gary, me, and the rest of the lads will be doing a live Days of Future Cast on another terrible Wolverine movie, so yay?

The Wolverine is good, though.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Cool first WOFF on Baldur's Gate II. I played the intro and some of Chapter 2 a few years back but not far enough to go to Spellhold, and the game's been in the back of my mind for "hey I should really re-visit that someday" ever since. I own the GOG release but maybe I'll make the EE the one Steam Xmas Sale game that I buy this year.

Also you talked about Irenicus' VA but Minsc's is worth mentioning as it's Jim Cummings, who's been in a whole grip of stuff. Disney stuff in particular, last I checked he was the current voice of both Pete and Tigger and probably some other characters I can't think of.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

C-Euro posted:

Also you talked about Irenicus' VA but Minsc's is worth mentioning as it's Jim Cummings, who's been in a whole grip of stuff. Disney stuff in particular, last I checked he was the current voice of both Pete and Tigger and probably some other characters I can't think of.

He's also the voice of Pete in the Goof Troop+almost everything with Pete in it afterwards. And he was also in Talespin as the voice of Don Karnage AKA the hammiest villain on that show. And of course also he was the title character of Darkwing Duck. Dude was everywhere in the 90s basically.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

More recently he voiced Marburg in Alpha Protocol and somehow managed to be incredibly menacing while still being recognizable as the voice of Tigger.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

VolticSurge posted:

He's also the voice of Pete in the Goof Troop+almost everything with Pete in it afterwards. And he was also in Talespin as the voice of Don Karnage AKA the hammiest villain on that show. And of course also he was the title character of Darkwing Duck. Dude was everywhere in the 90s basically.

Oh yeah he does a good job with Minsc, but I agree with Gary that he just isn’t that interesting of a character. The lack of a side quest hurts, plus the novelty of Boo wears out quick. Especially with a deep bench of other companions to audition.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
https://www.twitch.tv/duckfeedtv

hey if you aren't watching Normal Street Fighter 2 get on it

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Fun to listen to veteran Gary evade newbie Kole’s inquiries about why he isn’t making Yoshimo a core party member. Uh, I don’t need another archer. Yeah, that’s the ticket!

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.
Love the BG2 episode! How old are you guys btw? Wondering since Gary was talking about liking Planescape best during his intellectual years.

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Damnit, somebody get me a tissue.

Kole is coming up on 30, Gary is a few years older.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Abject Suffering on Willow is top shelf. Gary’s proposal for Willow 2 made me laugh like a loon, especially the protagonist casually inventing guns.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Save those Gasms for the road my friend

Ouroboros
Apr 23, 2011
Loved the BG2 episodes, reinstalled it but I'm bouncing off the combat pretty hard, the DnD stuff is pretty incomprehensible. Also did I hear someone seriously recommend the 'gently caress your sister' mod? lmao

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

What happened to Radio Free Mid World? I don't listen to every episode (only books I've read, and the main DT book episodes) but there hasn't been a new one in a month and a half.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
I had to put it on the back burner for a little bit because of a rough fall and Holidays, but it will resume this month.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Are you okay? I am glad to hear it didn't end and that I had just missed it or something!

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Congrats to the network for reaching 1,000 Patreon subscribers! Glad the whole back catalog is included at $10 now, there are excellent Adaption Decays and Exquisite Sufferings to enjoy.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks folks. We're going to release a premium abject suffering or two on the main feed to let people know what they get. We definitely appreciate the support.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Finished up the Baldur's Gate 2 series and it was good, but that game sounds really intimidating by the end. I feel like I would instinctively wring everything I could out of Chapter 2 before doing the railroady bits just so they'd be easier (and it's cool that the game lets you do that). Also I'm not a big fan of getting locked out of areas which it sounds like happens with Spellhold and the Underdark, even though it makes sense that you can't go back to those places from a narrative standpoint.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Also do a WOFF for Hollow Knight you cowards.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

C-Euro posted:

Also do a WOFF for Hollow Knight you cowards.

EP 120 and 121 of BSC were on Hollow Knight. Still available on the old BSC feed.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

They did a BSC on Momodora 4 too, which just came out Switch. Everyone who likes Soulslikes and Metroidvanias should play both, they’re the cream of the crop

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Hollow Knight is loving great and everyone should play it.

EC posted:

EP 120 and 121 of BSC were on Hollow Knight. Still available on the old BSC feed.

Not a WOFF, request still stands :colbert:

(I'm listening to it now and it's very good. I hope you guys went back and got the true ending after recording this)

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Enjoyed the Adaption Decay on Super Mario Bros., especially Gary accusing Kole of not considering adopted families, such as Mario and Luigi, to be “real.”

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

I'd love to cross pollinate listeners more between BSC and WOFF. There are a lot of Bonfireside Chats that function as episodes of Watch Out For Fireballs!, pretty much. And a bunch of WOFFs that are similar to BSC treatments.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Woffle posted:

I'd love to cross pollinate listeners more between BSC and WOFF. There are a lot of Bonfireside Chats that function as episodes of Watch Out For Fireballs!, pretty much. And a bunch of WOFFs that are similar to BSC treatments.

You could cross-pollinate the feeds!

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

Running an old BSC on the WOFF feed as a bonus is actually a great idea. Thanks!

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I listened to basically every episode of BSC and I listen to RFMW a ton but I have never listened to a single WOFF, at least as of yet :shobon:

Should I just pick an episode for a game I like, and start from there?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
As long as it isn’t Soul Reaver you should be fine.

The River City Ransom ep might be a good alternative to your favourite game’s episode, it’s a short and punchy episode with lots of good jokes, and there’s no risk of the podcast getting coloured by disagreements.

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jan 14, 2019

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

The Berzerker posted:

I listened to basically every episode of BSC and I listen to RFMW a ton but I have never listened to a single WOFF, at least as of yet :shobon:

Should I just pick an episode for a game I like, and start from there?

Yup, unless you love metroid prime, go pick a game you like and go listen to the woff episode about it. If you love BSC I'd recommend starting with a big rpg, they're the most similar. Witcher 3, ff6/7, deus ex, baldurs gate, earthbound, etc.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Going through the premium archive, “Try This” has been an unexpected delight. I appreciated Gary’s Phil Spector joke about Raymond Carver’s editor creating a Floor of Words

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
I finally got around to patronize at the level that gives me the premium RSS but I'm having some trouble with my podcast app. I'm currently using Pocket Casts and I'm very happy with it. It is, however, lacking in the premium RSS department. Can anyone recommend an app for android that handles RSS feeds without problems and syncs across multiple platforms? I.e phone, tablet and desktop? I'm willing to pay for a good solution.

Edit: Never mind. I figured out how to do it in Pocket Casts. Turns out there's these things called search engines on the internet. Some of them are quite effective.

Runaway Legs fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Feb 9, 2019

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
If you’re on iOS, Overcast is totally worth the yearly subscription.

The Smart Speed functionality has cut out 156 hours over the course of 2 years (Feb 2017) of dead air. Six point five days of silence I’ve never experienced.

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
Thanks, but I'm on Android. I just checked the store and it's not available here. Sadly, I must say, because you sell it well. Most of the podcasts I listen to is pretty drat long, so to cut down on the runtime without missing anything is appealing. I've tried to speed up podcasts, but it never feels right. It's hard to explain, but I feel like I'm getting the audio version of motion sickness.

On a totally different subject. I'm patronising on the $5 level. Since this includes early access to the shows, can I unsubscribe to the regular feeds and only follow the RSS without missing anything?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
They’re handy for archive access but if you don’t relisten it’s no big deal

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
Good point. It was nice to go back to Bonfireside Chat when I replayed Dark Souls. It would have been inconvenient to dig through one huge list to find the episodes I wanted.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks to everyone for answering these questions. Don't hesitate to reach out on Patreon if you have additional questions, and thanks for the support!

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
Hah, it didn't even cross my mind to use patron. This dead old forum is more or less the only place I type anything in on the internet these days. Except for that one time I said hi in the Don't Give Up, Skeleton discord.
Anyway, keep up the good work. It's well worth the money. My only complaint is that I didn't listen to the Owlboy episode before I bought the game. Because hooo boy was I not in the target demographic for that one. But I probably shouldn't blame others for me falling behind on my talkies

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

It took me a while to figure out Braden is a real person, and not a "Hey Vern!" character in Gary's imagination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Hyrax Attack! posted:

It took me a while to figure out Braden is a real person, and not a "Hey Vern!" character in Gary's imagination.

Did you think Teenage Dirtbags was just Gary doing a voice?