Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Bean posted:

Goddamnit I used to buy bulk hay and supplements from them. That sucks SO much rear end. I have no idea where to buy from now!

Do you not have feed stores in your area?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Bean posted:

Goddamnit I used to buy bulk hay and supplements from them. That sucks SO much rear end. I have no idea where to buy from now!

Don’t say Amazon. I bought treats from them one time and they were clearly counterfeit. Who the gently caress makes counterfeit rabbit treats?!

I've had counterfeit cockroach poison shipped to me twice from Amazon! Who the hell is manufacturing counterfeit roach bait??

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
This thread just made me realize I have 4 independant hay and feed stores, 2 Tractor Supply Co, and genuinely countless private farms that give away food and hay within easy distance. I can't get to a Target without a massive pain in my rear end, but my rabbits and goats eat like royalty all day. Rural living, best living.

Someone please send me some cute clothes, everything I own is flannel and denim.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

fizzymercy posted:

This thread just made me realize I have 4 independant hay and feed stores, 2 Tractor Supply Co, and genuinely countless private farms that give away food and hay within easy distance. I can't get to a Target without a massive pain in my rear end, but my rabbits and goats eat like royalty all day. Rural living, best living.

Someone please send me some cute clothes, everything I own is flannel and denim.

I can send you some Carhartt.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

JacquelineDempsey posted:

We have tons of Wawa in Virginia as well, but only in the eastern part. Western is Sheetz territory. There's a magical intersection marking the divide just outside of Richmond, with a Wawa on one corner and a Sheetz on the other. I like to imagine the employees just standing outside, arms folded, glaring at each other like North and South Korea.

Both sides have 7-11, some with gas stations and some without. I truly live in the land of convenience.

I live in Manassas and we have a 7-11 that's next to another 7-11.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

BigDave posted:

All we have in Minneapolis are Holiday stations and independent BPs.

I keep forgetting that Minnesota is this weird bizzaro brand world, where we have the same stuff as everyone else, but different.

We used to have 7-Elevens. Super America took over their locations when they went bankrupt.

I guess they're called Speedway now/again. It's...complicated. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SuperAmerica

Also, we have Kwik Trip, so who cares about those other loving gas stations anyways?

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

There are 7-11s in Lubbock, but that's an hour and a half drive for the most boring convenience stores ever.

But everything in the Texas panhandle is local chains, pretty much nothing national. Allsup's, Stripes, Toot 'n Totum, Pak-a-Sak, Chisum, etc. Occasionally a Cefco.

(Toot 'n Totum is the dumbest loving name for a convenience store.)

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

MisterOblivious posted:

We used to have 7-Elevens. Super America took over their locations when they went bankrupt.

I guess they're called Speedway now/again. It's...complicated. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SuperAmerica

Also, we have Kwik Trip, so who cares about those other loving gas stations anyways?

I'm not sure if it was a nationwide thing, but in Florida, Speedway took over Hess completely. We did a bunch of service work for Speedway when they first started popping up and boy howdy did they do some dumb poo poo.
Anyways, having Wawa on every corner is one thing I do miss about Florida, and I wish they'd come out to Oregon now.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

rndmnmbr posted:

There are 7-11s in Lubbock, but that's an hour and a half drive for the most boring convenience stores ever.

But everything in the Texas panhandle is local chains, pretty much nothing national. Allsup's, Stripes, Toot 'n Totum, Pak-a-Sak, Chisum, etc. Occasionally a Cefco.

(Toot 'n Totum is the dumbest loving name for a convenience store.)

Do Buccees reach that far up the state? They are the superior gas station chain.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Atticus_1354 posted:

Do Buccees reach that far up the state? They are the superior gas station chain.

I wish Buccees made it further out than Texas, like holy poo poo they're the best.

QuikTrip, Wawa, and Sheetz are all fine but they are not close.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Buccees is seriously loving great. And always a welcome sight if you need to poo poo.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Spikey posted:

I live in Manassas and we have a 7-11 that's next to another 7-11.

One is for First Manassas, the other is for Second Manassas.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

ReidRansom posted:

Buccees is seriously loving great. And always a welcome sight if you need to poo poo.

Someone told me that Buccees was a gas station chain, but that didn't prepare me for how loving huge they actually were. Like I lived in towns there took up less space than some Buccees

E:

VanSandman posted:

One is for First Manassas, the other is for Second Manassas.

:golfclap:

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

fizzymercy posted:

Speaking of denim, where can you get good denim these days? I got a bunch of Levi jeans as I got into high school and stopped growing and they all lasted until I hit 27 or so. All the new stuff seems to only last 2-3 years of use. Not even hard use, just occasional construction/demolition and warehouse work.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Atticus_1354 posted:

They do not, and that is a sad state of affairs. The whole concept of supermassive convenience stores is limited to truck stops, and even those seem small and anemic out here.

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Speaking of denim, where can you get good denim these days?

Carhartt and Duluth Trading Co. are the go-to jeans source for the blue-collar laborers I know. Pricey, but worth it.

The cheap guys just buy a bunch of $10 jeans from Walmart, and if you gently caress them up, who cares, they're $10.

rndmnmbr has a new favorite as of 03:11 on Jan 14, 2019

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

rndmnmbr posted:

They do not, and that is a sad state of affairs. The whole concept of supermassive convenience stores is limited to truck stops, and even those seem small and anemic out here.

We have small buccees also. They are not as awe inspiring as the big ones, but are clean and have good snacks also.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
Buccees is awesome. I stopped at one when I was having to drive between Dallas and Houston at one point and they own

Edit- I didn’t even know they had small sized ones

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Leon Sumbitches posted:

I've had counterfeit cockroach poison shipped to me twice from Amazon! Who the hell is manufacturing counterfeit roach bait??

:china:

Also, how can you tell?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Beachcomber posted:

how can you tell?
Differences in packaging sometimes. Usually it's atrocious grammar like
"BEST USE for to kill pest. DENY LIFE in all intruder"

I was at JoAnne's Fabrics looking for cheap lights and the discount tree storage thingies were like
"The Storage of Tree and Lights"

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Speaking of denim, where can you get good denim these days? I got a bunch of Levi jeans as I got into high school and stopped growing and they all lasted until I hit 27 or so. All the new stuff seems to only last 2-3 years of use. Not even hard use, just occasional construction/demolition and warehouse work.

Seconding Duluth. They are great jeans.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Dosent it depend entirely on where you're buying Levis?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

AFewBricksShy posted:

Seconding Duluth. They are great jeans.

I haven't tried their jeans, but their t-shirts and underwear are great. It's pretty expensive though, so it's best to wait for a 20% off sale. Also the one time I waited for a sale and ordered 5 shirts in the wrong size they were very helpful over the phone with their mid-western accents.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I went to Buccees when I went on vacation in Texas. It was more out of curiosity than anything. I've been in warehouses that were smaller than that place. And they sold just about any convenience thing you could think of too.

Sheetz also has French toast sticks which makes the miles better than any other fast food breakfast place.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Kwik Trip is everywhere outside the cities.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Basticle posted:

Dosent it depend entirely on where you're buying Levis?

Yep. Walmart has paper thin garbage called Levi Strauss Signature. You can tell when they're sitting on the rack at a thrift store next to other brands and they feel like a light denim shirt instead of like a normal pair of jeans.

I go with Dickies myself, poo poo is like cast iron. Just gotta remember to buy two inches larger on the waist though.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Beachcomber posted:

:china:

Also, how can you tell?

Ha!

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I worked at a Buc-ees in high school just down the road from corporate. You were required to be a non-smoker, you were only allowed "break moments" that couldn't be more than 5 minutes long, and you were yelled at extensively if any customer complained about anything. I had to go to corporate for service classes where they trained you on every single tiny bit of customer service minutiae that you can possibly imagine. The employee handbook was 182 pages long. I never, ever, had to guess at how to handle a situation with a customer because they had a Rule For That and you were fired if you hosed it up. We prayed before every shift as a requirement.

They also paid $11.22 an hour in 1999 to a 17 year old gently caress up that was super weird and extremely tiresome, so yeah. They're loving rad. Please help keep the bathrooms nice, they're amazingly hard to clean.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

BigDave posted:

All we have in Minneapolis are Holiday stations and independent BPs.

I keep forgetting that Minnesota is this weird bizzaro brand world, where we have the same stuff as everyone else, but different.

Good lord you should come visit Mankato sometime. We have I think 14 Kwik Trips now, and I noticed a creep of them into the TC area

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Speak as a white collar fat guy, I really like US Polo Assn. for their carpenter jeans. They are super comfy and it took four years of consistent wear for them to start showing age

Unfortunately with the death of Sears and Bonton stores I have nowhere in town to find these besides online.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

How Rude posted:

Good lord you should come visit Mankato sometime. We have I think 14 Kwik Trips now, and I noticed a creep of them into the TC area

They're spreading up the highway 52 corridor from Rochester like the shingles virus, too.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Moon Slayer posted:

They're spreading up the highway 52 corridor from Rochester like the shingles virus, too.

There was a goon that worked at the corporate offices of a gas station chain. He described it like it was gang warfare, "Can't move in there, that's Quick Trip territory."

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Pacific Gas & Electric, the largest utility in the U.S. by number of customers served, is facing bankruptcy from its liability for several CA wildfires, which total so much damage it could drive the utility out of business. CA's state legislature and public utilities commission are debating how to step in, but in the interim the CEO has stepped down, and the utility is considering selling off its ENTIRE natural gas business to pay for just existing wildfire liability, never-mind what's going to happen in the future. This is essentially selling off half the company to pay just for the other half's legal issues.

https://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/pge-ceo-steps-down-amid-reports-of-impending-bankruptcy

PG&E was trading for about $70 a share in 2017, as investor owned utilities are often considered "safe" stocks because they are basically too big to fail and can pass on costs to customers. It's now trading for $9.10.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Tom Tucker posted:

Pacific Gas & Electric

Municipalize PG&E yesterday. they've caused too many fires, leaks, explosions and other catastrophes (because money was piped to shareholders and CEOs rather than maintenance) to be allowed to continue as a private company. That they want to raise our rates again is adding insult to injury.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Municipalize PG&E yesterday. they've caused too many fires, leaks, explosions and other catastrophes (because money was piped to shareholders and CEOs rather than maintenance) to be allowed to continue as a private company. That they want to raise our rates again is adding insult to injury.

They took over operations on Long Island AFTER Hurricane Sandy, so I'm sure that's going to be lovely.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

How Rude posted:

I don't count Kwik Trips as convince stores, they're basically mini-truck stops.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Pope Corky the IX posted:

They took over operations on Long Island AFTER Hurricane Sandy, so I'm sure that's going to be lovely.

Is PG&E the same utility as PSEG? I wouldn't think a California utility would have anything to do with New York.

PG&E were the bad guys in the Erin Brockovich movie. They've been bad guys for a long time.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Krispy Wafer posted:

Is PG&E the same utility as PSEG? I wouldn't think a California utility would have anything to do with New York.

PG&E were the bad guys in the Erin Brockovich movie. They've been bad guys for a long time.

PSEG took over Long Island. I remember seeing that and being confused since to me PSEG was always New Jersey to me.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah, sorry about that, I got the two confused.

To be fair, Long Island's electric and gas utilities have changed hands something like five times in the last thirty-five years.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Wait so did they actually cause/exacerbate those fires or does "wildfire liabilities" have some sort of businessy meaning I'm not familiar with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

Wait so did they actually cause/exacerbate those fires

Yes.