Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Poor Milim, sacrificed the ability to wear pants to become a demon lord

Sindai fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jan 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Bit of a plain episode this time but poo poo seems to be flying their way next episode so not too worried.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

ViggyNash posted:

Bit of a plain episode this time but poo poo seems to be flying their way next episode so not too worried.

The world building is the best part and main attraction. As an aside, I'll be making another episode infodump later tonight.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I appreciate the new OP and ED doubling down on depicting Rimuru's highest vision: A world in which people of all races have sure access to nice housing, delicious food, and free slime hugs :3:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ViggyNash posted:

they compressed a few chapters worth of material so we could get to the introduction of Milim

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mordaedil posted:

Yes, but they added another one from the 4th Light Novel and I have only read up to the third. And the manga doesn't cover that far either.

roughly speaking here's the skinny on the new OP. I'll spoil tag anything character related that's been changed a bit/not covered by this episode

Eating dango - Its kind of obvious based on this episode, but Gabel is in the middle, having evolved into a Dragonewt

In the first ensemble shot, the ninjas behind Souei are Soka and her subordinates. She is Gabel's sister and took a drastic turn in evolution after being named, brought on by her wanting to hang around Souei

(As a nice bookend from the last OP, the Kijin all sheathe their arms as Geld 2.0 places a wreathe to signify the end of conflict)

Our first new human fighting the ant in a while is Youma, who is on the border patrol for Falmuth kingdom, which is a bordering nation located to the north

Second ensemble shot is Dwargon and his council

Third ensemble shot is Demon Lord Karrion and his beast men

Fourth ensemble shot is Clayman and the Moderate Clown troupe

Big scary thing is Charybdis

Instead of fighting Hinata to close the OP, Rirumu instead spars with Milim.

The fifth ensemble shot is of almost all of the Demon Lords. In the front you have Karion, Frey, Milim, Clayman, with Leon just off to the right. On the left out of focus, you have Dagruel, Guy, Dino, Kazaream, Ruminas as well.

The sixth ensemble shot is of Demon Lord Fairy Queen Ramiris, the only Demon Lord missing from ensemble #5, and she is flanked by the Dwarven magic tech golem (this is the one that Bester worked on) and Beretta.

and the last of the episode closes out with more construction on Tempest and a bee carrying an adorably tiny bucket full of honey

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jan 15, 2019

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The ED has Ranga continuing to be a good boy, and also a dire chipmunk.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

I really love how cute Ranga is in the anime, it's so fun getting to see his puppy dog mannerisms in contrast with poo poo like his fuckin' Death Storm attack that we saw a couple episodes back. Hearing him bark and watching him wag his tail always makes me wanna pet my dog. So I do.

....... also why is gazel so tall, i didn't really notice it when he was sitting down for the trial episode but like. dude is not dwarf height.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

None of the Dwarves really are dwarf height.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

exploded mummy posted:

roughly speaking here's the skinny on the new OP. I'll spoil tag anything character related that's been changed a bit/not covered by this episode

Eating dango - Its kind of obvious based on this episode, but Gabel is in the middle, having evolved into a Dragonewt

In the first ensemble shot, the ninjas behind Souei are Soka and her subordinates. She is Gabel's sister and took a drastic turn in evolution after being named, brought on by her wanting to hang around Souei

(As a nice bookend from the last OP, the Kijin all sheathe their arms as Geld 2.0 places a wreathe to signify the end of conflict)

Our first new human fighting the ant in a while is Youma, who is on the border patrol for Falmuth kingdom, which is a bordering nation located to the north

Second ensemble shot is Dwargon and his council

Third ensemble shot is Demon Lord Karrion and his beast men

Fourth ensemble shot is Clayman and the Moderate Clown troupe

Big scary thing is Charybdis

Instead of fighting Hinata to close the OP, Rirumu instead spars with Milim.

The fifth ensemble shot is of almost all of the Demon Lords. In the front you have Karion, Frey, Milim, Clayman, with Leon just off to the right. On the left out of focus, you have Dagruel, Guy, Dino, Kazaream, Ruminas as well.

The sixth ensemble shot is of Demon Lord Fairy Queen Ramiris, the only Demon Lord missing from ensemble #5, and she is flanked by the Dwarven magic tech golem (this is the one that Bester worked on) and Beretta.

and the last of the episode closes out with more construction on Tempest and a bee carrying an adorably tiny bucket full of honey

A few slight corrections. The guy with the Demon Lords isn't Kazaream/Kazalim, but Roy Valentine who I think is the Pope or Ruminas's/Luminous's fake religion(I still love that so much). The bee carrying the honey is Apito who should be introduced next episode with her brother Zegion.

Grouchio posted:

None of the Dwarves really are dwarf height.

It's kind of weird. They actually kind of ARE, it's just hard conveying it in a visual medium, but Bester, the King, and his military officers are only about 5'5ft tall which is considered above average to straight up tall by dwarf standards.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Moved to other thread.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Jan 15, 2019

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I've just been skimming whenever you post, but did anyone actually ask for these?

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Clarste posted:

I've just been skimming whenever you post, but did anyone actually ask for these?

Moved it to the other thread.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

doomrider7 posted:

It's kind of weird. They actually kind of ARE, it's just hard conveying it in a visual medium, but Bester, the King, and his military officers are only about 5'5ft tall which is considered above average to straight up tall by dwarf standards.

What gets to me is the dwarf craftsmen at least "feel" short/ Dwarven but the king and Pegasus Knights don't at all. Are they really only like 5'5? I guess I was comparing to how he seemed compared to Benimaru and co. where I thought their heights were more similar. 5'5 for a tall dwarf seems fine, just...

I'm only nitpicking here cuz it's funny to me ahaha.

These last two eps felt slightly rushed to me but I love the new ending theme and the animation was great so I'm still happy.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

A Tin Of Beans posted:

What gets to me is the dwarf craftsmen at least "feel" short/ Dwarven but the king and Pegasus Knights don't at all. Are they really only like 5'5? I guess I was comparing to how he seemed compared to Benimaru and co. where I thought their heights were more similar. 5'5 for a tall dwarf seems fine, just...

These last two eps felt slightly rushed to me but I love the new ending theme and the animation was great so I'm still happy.

Previous episode felt fine, but this one definetly skipped around a lot of details. I'm hoping those simply got moved to the next episode.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

A Tin Of Beans posted:

tbh, the usual fantasy depiction of dwarves has them be a lot stouter than most of the other species

most of the ones in this series are solidly built but not quite stout

the last episode was kind of rushed, but it's probably because they were cramming in what amounts about an entire tankobon of material into one episode

meanwhile the prior tankobons had been getting split into 2 or 3 episodes of material

mostly because a ton of that volume is stuff like post war peace talks and explaining everyone's realignment going on

but, hey next episode is Milim, and things will get better probably

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

doomrider7 posted:

Previous episode felt fine, but this one definetly skipped around a lot of details. I'm hoping those simply got moved to the next episode.

i challenge you to post as though you were only watching the anime

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

I love this Slime show.

So wholesome.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

SystemLogoff posted:

I love this Slime show.

So wholesome.

Indeed. Rimuru for President!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The more I see of this show, the more I want video game of it.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Patware posted:

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
GUESS THAT ANIME CHALLENGE | Teens Vs. College Kids (React)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6XCDWQOqRQ

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

That should hopefully add millions more to Rimuru's fanbase list.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
"This is like a slice of life or maybe a shounen anime."

Oh how wrong you are frat bro. How wrong you are.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

ViggyNash posted:

Well he's technically not wrong though since it does run on a shounen mag and is very SoL.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

ViggyNash posted:

lol, if you think react videos are actually real.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Electric Phantasm posted:

The more I see of this show, the more I want video game of it.

Play the Disgaea series or anything from the Nipponverse for that matter really. It's really similar in premise.

IShallRiseAgain posted:

lol, if you think react videos are actually real.

What do you mean in this context? I'm familiar with this series so them not knowing stuff hardly surprises me.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

doomrider7 posted:

What do you mean in this context? I'm familiar with this series so them not knowing stuff hardly surprises me.

The way I understand it, the vast majority of react videos are just paid actors having scripted reactions. A few articles went into the details about how react videos are made, during the whole fine bros debacle (and no the articles weren't specifically talking about Fine Bros).

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

doomrider7 posted:

Well he's technically not wrong though since it does run on a shounen mag and is very SoL.

If the world's most peaceful and cooperative game of Civ counts as a shounen SoL then sure.

It's always possible that the conflicts get broader and heavier as the show moves on, but from what I've seen so far it's been pretty consistent.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

IShallRiseAgain posted:

The way I understand it, the vast majority of react videos are just paid actors having scripted reactions. A few articles went into the details about how react videos are made, during the whole fine bros debacle (and no the articles weren't specifically talking about Fine Bros).

Interesting. PM me the stuff so as to not derail.

ViggyNash posted:

If the world's most peaceful and cooperative game of Civ counts as a shounen SoL then sure.

It's always possible that the conflicts get broader and heavier as the show moves on, but from what I've seen so far it's been pretty consistent.

Fair point though the spin-offs are way more SoL.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

exploded mummy posted:

mostly because a ton of that volume is stuff like post war peace talks and explaining everyone's realignment going on

I could understand them not wanting to animate it, but that sounds super interesting. Maybe I’ll read the manga at some point.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Did he name all the Lizardmen or just the orcs? I saw that he named the king.

Did he name all the goblins that weren't in the original village?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

IShallRiseAgain posted:

They are paid actors(they get paid per episode they show up in iirc), but do you have links to proof of them being entirely scripted? Because they're real good at coming off as genuine in a lot of them, especially the adults and elders, if it's indeed all a setup.

also lol at people still holding a grudge against FBE to this day

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Sounds like sour grapes honestly and frankly doesn't really matter, does it?

They do come across as spectacularly sheltered until they've been on the show for a bit.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Captain Invictus posted:

They are paid actors(they get paid per episode they show up in iirc), but do you have links to proof of them being entirely scripted? Because they're real good at coming off as genuine in a lot of them, especially the adults and elders, if it's indeed all a setup.

also lol at people still holding a grudge against FBE to this day

Paid is one thing, though if they're scripted they do a pretty drat good job of selling it then since they've been on for YEARS with some of them having been on since kids. I really doubt this one is scripted and if it were that's such an amazingly elaborate con that I'd forgive it entirely due to the previous statement about how long some have been on. Some other "react" shows it wouldn't surprise me. The "expert rates cheapo version of thing he studies" reek of bullshit. Ironically Playboy's Indulgence channel actually did this right by having an actual wine expert test things and rate them according to their set standards(it's cheapo wine/beer, but for it's price/standard it's actually very good). And yeah lol at people holding that grudge. Petty loving bullshit, but (((makes sense))) given it's YouTube.

Mordaedil posted:

Sounds like sour grapes honestly and frankly doesn't really matter, does it?

They do come across as spectacularly sheltered until they've been on the show for a bit.

They seem like good kids, but sheltered due to coming from mostly upper middle class backgrounds due to the show being based in California so yeah, these kids have money.

Now back on topic,

Veryslightlymad posted:

Did he name all the Lizardmen or just the orcs? I saw that he named the king.

Did he name all the goblins that weren't in the original village?

Only the leader and ayes to all of the orcs.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Jan 16, 2019

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Patware posted:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
If you want a good reaction show, watch Dr Hope's sick notes review of Cells at Work.

It is wholesome as gently caress.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Patware posted:

This is good advice more people here should follow.

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

Gonna assume the humans are weak and lacking skills, but they are well organized and have money. Rimuru will probably also be a lot less willing to fight humans than other races. Wonder if this means future encounters will involve Rimuru showing off his city-building and leadership skills rather than his raw strength.

(Not looking for an actual answer; manga/LN readers don't bother)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

TalkLittle posted:

Gonna assume the humans are weak and lacking skills, but they are well organized and have money. Rimuru will probably also be a lot less willing to fight humans than other races. Wonder if this means future encounters will involve Rimuru showing off his city-building and leadership skills rather than his raw strength.

(Not looking for an actual answer; manga/LN readers don't bother)

Way back when he was setting up rules for the village when it was just him and the goblins + wolves, he made it a law not to attack or mess with humans. Rimuru & the village were pretty welcoming and peaceful with that group of adventurers Shizu visited with, too. So we know humans have spellcasters and can be pretty good at general RPG-type stuff, and that they've got an adventurer's guild.

In the game of Civ Rimuru's playing, he seems more interested in a diplomatic victory than a military one. He just wants to have his peaceful little (or not-so-little, looking at how built up it was in the most recent episode) town and at some point find other isekai'd folks. I don't think he's really WANTED to show off and use his strength these last few encounters, it was just a matter of defending his home.

(I'm following the "post like you've only seen the anime" creed so I hope this is OK. It's all stuff we've seen on screen and not an answer, just building off what you're saying.)