Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
the reason i'll never be able to handle anime is they always scream every single drat line unless they are the dark mysterious guy who when they walk only their shoulders move back and forth. I have never seen an anime that is laid back. It's always japanese people screaming at each other even if it's something as simple as saying good morning. Settle down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Counterpoint: That owns.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Anime can be OK. It can also be incredibly stupid.

This message was brought to you by the Anime Is OK Sometimes But Sucks Other Times Council

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Solice Kirsk posted:

This message was brought to you by the Anime Is OK Sometimes But Sucks Other Times Council

Ugh, centrists.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

"quoting someone's response as your own is not an actual response" - Thomas Jefferson

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

spit on my clit posted:

"quoting someone's response as your own is not an actual response" - Thomas Jefferson
- Wayne Gretzky

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

christmas boots posted:

Ugh, centrists.

I refuse to be drawn into the false dichotomy of anime partisanship.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

yeah I eat rear end posted:

the reason i'll never be able to handle anime is they always scream every single drat line unless they are the dark mysterious guy who when they walk only their shoulders move back and forth. I have never seen an anime that is laid back. It's always japanese people screaming at each other even if it's something as simple as saying good morning. Settle down.

That doesn't happen nearly as often as the old lady noises every character makes whenever there's a break in the dialogue.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Solice Kirsk posted:

The best ones are both.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

That's because you've been watching anime for children. I got you fam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqo61dMemRM

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

anchorpunch posted:

There has not exactly been made a very strong case for American fundamentalist as the root cause of Ugandan violent homophobia. Why would they succeed there in spreading their ideology to such a degree, but not in other places? To me such ideas seem to imply a suggestability that is weirdly close to colonial
racist views on naive and simple natives

I don't think the argument really hinges around American fundamentalists being the cause.

Like, if a fast food place hung up banners saying I :h: HITLER and HOORAY FOR HOLOCAUSTS that obviously doesn't mean that they caused or facilitated any genocide but I'm still not eating there.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
goblin slayer is poo poo because it's just trying to be berserk

that and it's just boring

spit on my clit has a new favorite as of 20:08 on Jan 16, 2019

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

That's not why Goblin Slayer is poo poo

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
It’s a reason, though not the biggest one.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Many reasons, reasons on reasons.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
It leans pretty heavy into the fan service side and suggested young girl romance, real hard. Besides all the rape. Rapeing up a storm.

In less rapey anime news; Skull Faced Bookseller Handa San is a delightful comedy/slice of life anime that everyone should watch. Short episodes, and pretty funny if you ever worked in any sort of retail before. Especially, uh, a book store.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Gripweed posted:

That's because you've been watching anime for children. I got you fam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqo61dMemRM

Well I guess it teaches what foods go with what beverages but there's gotta be an easier way to learn that

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

yeah i watched a few minutes and it's just anime girl getting mad about salmon skin. Yes they didn't shout at each other but good lord, who gives a poo poo? If someone told me they were genuinely interested in this show I'd start to suspect them of being attracted to the suspiciously youthful female characters.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

There are two kinds of anime. Anime for children with lots of shouting, and anime for adults which is about cooking and eating food.

If you don't like either kind there's no helping you

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

yeah i watched a few minutes and it's just anime girl getting mad about salmon skin. Yes they didn't shout at each other but good lord, who gives a poo poo? If someone told me they were genuinely interested in this show I'd start to suspect them of being attracted to the suspiciously youthful female characters.

a college graduate with an office job is suspiciously youthful to you?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

why would i watch anime children eating and cooking food when i could just watch gordon ramsay call people donuts and donkeys. That is much more on my level.

look at that girl. At first glance that could be anything from an anime 10 year old to an anime 30 year old to an anime 10 year old possessed by a 10000 year old demon.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Pedophilia is ok in japan so all female characters look like they are 10

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Goblin Slayer is really stupid. If they cut the anime boobs and rape out of it I think it would be OK. Then again, I think it's basically made to be a D&D version of Heavy Metal, so being "shocking" with tongue-in-cheek nods to genre tropes is kinda the point.

Er, I mean.....I like football.

My PHUO is that Devilman made me go back and watch Black Lagoon and the old Berserk anime and then I made the mistake of trying to find something new that was OK and it's allbeenterribleandnowiknowabunchofnewanimestuffandicantcopeohmygodaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I think shogi is more interesting than chess. I think it’s mostly because you can put captured pieces back in play and that’s exciting to me

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

look at that girl. At first glance that could be anything from an anime 10 year old to an anime 30 year old to an anime 10 year old possessed by a 10000 year old demon.

She drinks sake in the first episode. Even if you didn't watch past that, that should've been a clue

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Gripweed posted:

She drinks sake in the first episode. Even if you didn't watch past that, that should've been a clue

that could easily be circumvented by the pedo anime rule of it being an ancient demon.

also you can't expect non-weebs to pick up on things like that. Like how was I supposed to know, given that I admitted to only watching like 3 minutes of one youtube link, that she goes to college? All I saw was a non-descript anime girl that could be anywhere from 10-100000 years old ranting about salmon skin. Give me a break.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
John Wayne was a mediocre actor and a terrible person. He had almost no range in his acting ability and basically just did the same boring character in every movie. His movies also almost universally supported manifest destiny. Outside of his acting, he was a lovely right-winger who sold out other Hollywood actors to McCarthyism and got some great people blacklisted. gently caress him.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Master Twig posted:

John Wayne was a mediocre actor and a terrible person. He had almost no range in his acting ability and basically just did the same boring character in every movie. His movies also almost universally supported manifest destiny. Outside of his acting, he was a lovely right-winger who sold out other Hollywood actors to McCarthyism and got some great people blacklisted. gently caress him.

I installed two-way mirrors in his pad in Brentwood, and he came to the door in a dress.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

No movie trailer voice guy impersonation has ever been funny. Even the guy who apparently originated it (?) that is doing those mitsubishi ads. I really don't know what they are doing with those ads. If D-list celebrities are giving me test rides and doing their act on me, I am not going to buy a car from you. I am going to go to another dealership where they can actually tell me features of the car instead of trying to make me laugh.

the rapping guy that looked like ben wyatt from parks & rec they did before this one was even worse. Stop trying to make buying a car look like it's fun, it's not. It's like going to a whorehouse and negotiating with the madam about whether you can kiss or not, nobody comes out feeling clean at the end of it.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Akagi is laid back and a good watch while drinking beers

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Sailor moon is the only good anime and even that has lots of ten minute scenes of "thing falling".

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Master Twig posted:

Agreed, and I particularly hate how his one character has become him. So people are like “well John Wayne believed... “ like he’s an irl worldly cowboy and not a wealthy ultraconservative hollywood actor.

Also I love The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance but hate that John Wayne (played war heroes on film during ww2) gets to be the world-weary conservative gunslinger in that movie while James Stewart (fought with his superiors to be treated the same as other soldiers and flew combat missions throughout ww2) gets to be the idealistic city slicker who can’t hold a gun and is too afraid to confront an outlaw.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 12:20 on Jan 17, 2019

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The John Wick movie franchise is wonderfully dumb and fun. I'm excited for 3. John Wickest

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it's like the most popular and highly acclaimed action movie ever tho

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I kno rite?

I'm glad we're all on the same page here.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/sarahjeong/status/1030853230446620672

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

why on earth would some journalist block me that I have never heard of, let alone interacted with on my twitter account where I pretend to be a baby animal on the internet

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

why on earth would some journalist block me that I have never heard of, let alone interacted with on my twitter account where I pretend to be a baby animal on the internet

It is a moral imperative to block forums poster "yeah I eat rear end".

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

journalists are thin-skinned manchildren (or womanchildren), their whole careers are based upon dictating who is and isn't worthy of reading their twitter feeds, as if it means something. also following all of the bdsm femdom twitter accounts they can. this also applies tenfold to game journalists, especially dominic tarason

oh right, opinions. I hate al dente pasta, i don't want any hard, chewy noodles, i want soft, pleasant noodles.

spit on my clit has a new favorite as of 07:35 on Jan 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Al dente rice isn't a thing and neither is al dente bread. So al dente pasta makes no sense. Something is either cooked properly, overcooked, or undercooked. Al dente is some weird in-between that cannot be quantified so it can be anything.