Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

morothar
Dec 21, 2005

KakerMix posted:

This is actually my first pick up truck ever :). Honestly though it's still more truck than I actually need which is why this one is up for sale. We have a nice Suzuki Carry kei truck coming that is super boring as far as imports go, but we can do it up in whatever graphics we want and it will be as large as we need it to be. It's primary duty will be moving 8 tires, 4 with wheels in them, a few miles away and back. We also didn't want to ruin its aesthetic with the old construction company's name on the side and everything.

I can relate. I bough a 1500 RAM in ‘17 after moving over here, just to satisfy my lust for a dumb, American, V8-powered truck. After helping a friend pick up furniture and general moving duties, I’m somewhat disillusioned when it comes to lifestyle trucks. At this point, I’d much rather have that Bongo for schlepping duties, plus something like my (also dumb) 15 year old LX470 tarted-up Land Cruiser for general people carting duties and off-roading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

KakerMix posted:

This is actually my first pick up truck ever :). Honestly though it's still more truck than I actually need which is why this one is up for sale. We have a nice Suzuki Carry kei truck coming that is super boring as far as imports go, but we can do it up in whatever graphics we want and it will be as large as we need it to be. It's primary duty will be moving 8 tires, 4 with wheels in them, a few miles away and back. We also didn't want to ruin its aesthetic with the old construction company's name on the side and everything.

Post pics when you get it!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Rolo posted:

Post pics when you get it!

A whole bunch of Bongo pictures are here, but for the Carry I posted it over in our Japan import thread:

One owner, 4WD, AC, 5 speed, 48k kms (30~k miles), all it needs are new tires and a deep detail. The only thing it's missing to be the perfect Carry is the diff lock, but I doubt I'll be using the 4WD much as it is. The '4WD' on the front and back will be the colors we'll expand out and work in our dealership's name into it along the sides ala the Bongo.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

doogle
May 24, 2003

That is the best color for that car.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Looks so cool but the bonus feature of how even a minor MVC will end up with me either losing my legs or straight dying, ehhhhhhh. Probably not worth it.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

KakerMix posted:

A whole bunch of Bongo pictures are here, but for the Carry I posted it over in our Japan import thread:

One owner, 4WD, AC, 5 speed, 48k kms (30~k miles), all it needs are new tires and a deep detail. The only thing it's missing to be the perfect Carry is the diff lock, but I doubt I'll be using the 4WD much as it is. The '4WD' on the front and back will be the colors we'll expand out and work in our dealership's name into it along the sides ala the Bongo.

how much did this end up costing you?

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

That is supremely handsome. A friend has had two Ghiblis and I’ve driven them. They are pretty neat cars, great sound with the exhaust open and ultimate grand touring car.

BraveUlysses posted:

He has a really detailed thread with an always updated OP. As he is now trying to sell cars for profit I’m not sure it’s a fair thing to ask. He can answer himself if he wants to. I’ve been following that thread since the beginning, and am now getting ready to import something soon but neat things can be had for extremely reasonable prices. It seems to be more a matter of being patient for the right thing to show up and bidding strong (relatively) for what you really want.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

BraveUlysses posted:

I usually post the price I pay at auction since that's just single part of many more charges that pile up, but I paid $1300 at auction for it, but it's a very nice quality truck that has everything you'd want in one besides diff lock. It does have that dent in the tailgate but ehhhh. We bought this to use instead of the Bongo because it's much easier to deal with a kei truck regarding space, and my truck needs are much less than something I'd need a Bongo for. All said and done we'll be into this Carry for about $3500, but as we're a dealership we don't have to pay any state taxes which saves a ton of money on that.

It's white which is the easiest paint in the world to correct and bring back to life and will make applying neat-o decals to it very easy. Plus I can still toss tires in the back and get them installed and mounted on wheels without having to bring the actual JDM cars to the tire shop.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I’ve been following that thread since the beginning, and am now getting ready to import something soon but neat things can be had for extremely reasonable prices. It seems to be more a matter of being patient for the right thing to show up and bidding strong (relatively) for what you really want.

And yea it's this. My whole advantage is I can and actually really enjoy scouring the auctions and spending a lot of time on them to suss out neat stuff. All my cars are generally found that way with a few exceptions, Jimnys I usually just direct-bid against their actual value because while there are a ton of them, there are very few unmodified ones out there. And Jimnys are super popular in Japan so I have to fight their home market too.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jan 14, 2019

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It has been salt/slush degrees outside for like a month. Nice for the roads to finally be dryish

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Not gonna post it. Not gonna post it.

Sweet ride.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I like to imagine you drive around with like half a dozen pairs of sunglasses on the dashboard like the opening of Gone in 60 Seconds (1974).

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Bape Culture fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Jan 16, 2019

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
HNNNGHHHH, and I am glad you went with yellow calipers rather than red

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Those wheels look so good on that thing.

also, if you put an h instead of l in your url you get a better size pic that doesn't break the tables on a 720p screen.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Powershift posted:

It has been salt/slush degrees outside for like a month. Nice for the roads to finally be dryish

owns

also owns. how was caffeine and machine? not been myself yet.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

BlackMK4 posted:

HNNNGHHHH, and I am glad you went with yellow calipers rather than red

Where's the rear caliper? I'm looking at the hi-res pics and still can't find them.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

How’s Caffeine and Machine?

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

doogle posted:

That is the best color for that car.

Thank you, friend. There was no debate which color I was getting, especially with the two-tone black and brown leather interior!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

That is supremely handsome. A friend has had two Ghiblis and I’ve driven them. They are pretty neat cars, great sound with the exhaust open and ultimate grand touring car.

Thank you, too!

Powershift posted:

My great uncle had this exact car, and it was a goddamned pimp yacht. The body roll on every turn was phenomenal. Handled like a schooner, but that was like riding on a cloud!

Count Freebasie fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jan 16, 2019

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

drgitlin posted:

How’s Caffeine and Machine?

It’s good. It’s my mate Phil’s place so it’s nice to see it finally open after seeing it all the way through

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

do a burnougt

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!

Sick sick sick

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

kimbo305 posted:

Where's the rear caliper? I'm looking at the hi-res pics and still can't find them.

Drum brakes.

Comedy option: Jag inboard brakes.

the rear calipers are black, I think, and therefore difficult to see in those pictures.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Oh yeah they’re just blakc

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

KakerMix posted:

I usually post the price I pay at auction since that's just single part of many more charges that pile up, but I paid $1300 at auction for it, but it's a very nice quality truck that has everything you'd want in one besides diff lock. It does have that dent in the tailgate but ehhhh. We bought this to use instead of the Bongo because it's much easier to deal with a kei truck regarding space, and my truck needs are much less than something I'd need a Bongo for. All said and done we'll be into this Carry for about $3500, but as we're a dealership we don't have to pay any state taxes which saves a ton of money on that.

It's white which is the easiest paint in the world to correct and bring back to life and will make applying neat-o decals to it very easy. Plus I can still toss tires in the back and get them installed and mounted on wheels without having to bring the actual JDM cars to the tire shop.

And yea it's this. My whole advantage is I can and actually really enjoy scouring the auctions and spending a lot of time on them to suss out neat stuff. All my cars are generally found that way with a few exceptions, Jimnys I usually just direct-bid against their actual value because while there are a ton of them, there are very few unmodified ones out there. And Jimnys are super popular in Japan so I have to fight their home market too.

thanks for the point of reference, im mildly curious about one of these as a truck to keep around for misc bullshit and it would be way cooler than a cheapo ranger or beat to death taco

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

track day bro! posted:

do a burnougt

Finish your car to a standard that u can drive it bicth

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Bape Culture posted:

lmao #rekt

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

track day bro! posted:

do a burnougt

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Bape Culture posted:

didn't it take you like 9 months to put dampers in yours

your levy: 1 byrne owt

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Powershift posted:

The word here is 'Menacing. Em Ee En Aye See Eye En Gee. Menacing.

I bought a couple of brown vans:

This one is a 1993 Toyota HiAce SUPER CUSTOM LIMITED KZ 4x4, equipped with a favorite of diesel boys world-wide, the KZ 4cyl turbo diesel. Full-time 4WD, automatic transmission, huge quad sunroof action, in-van intercom called 'Joy Talk', TEMS, dual AC and SONAR AND a digital dashboard though I don't think it has the COOL BOX. hard to work out these weird specific options from a world away. Cool bull-bar and fog lights though. It's very brown but not a wagon and not a manual. 130,000 km.

This is a 1990 Subaru Domingo GX, a fat Sambar with a 1200cc gasoline 3cy from the Justy shoved in the rear end. Brown again with lots of red '4WD' accents. Full-time 4WD like the HiAce, 5 speed manual, panoramic AND sunroof and A/C. Plaid interior. This one is a bit more special though in that it has a total of 15,000 km on it, or around 9,300 miles. Fresh!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Ether Frenzy posted:

Friggin took half a day for my dampers are u thinkin of the LS conversion where everything was bespoke lol yeah that took time!!!

I have 2 burnouts itt rn so I think that makes me king of the thread

Thinking bout that guy who bought a Lamborghini and melted down and quit the forums because he wouldn’t do a burnout today lol

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Bape Culture posted:

Friggin took half a day for my dampers are u thinkin of the LS conversion where everything was bespoke lol yeah that took time!!!

Thinking bout that guy who bought a Lamborghini and melted down and quit the forums because he wouldn’t do a burnout today lol

every time someone says it I think about it, and every time you post your car I will say it haha

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Bape Culture posted:

If I were to ever buy an account for my friend Alex he'd be undefeated thread king before the week's out. He's that kind of encourageable where you don't even have to goad him into doing a burnout, he just will... I'm glad my driveway's gravel because it stops him from doing it. We were leaving climbing last week and he just did an enormously long roller from the car park exit to the junction about 1/8 mile up the road.

This was him at just gone midnight at Caffeine and Machine...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsORxMRA4Xd/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Bape Culture posted:

i did drive it! :mad:

This was all according to keikaku* to use this winter to make sure the car won't rot from the inside out! Also to get all the suspension arms and subframe powdercoated and and and etc

*tl note keikaku means plan

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

There's a guy in my town that has a 67 or 68 C10 that looks just like mine but restored and all he does is huge burnouts with it. It's a big block of some sort and one time I passed him on main street in my truck so he just did like a 30mph rolling burnout when he went by. It's wicked loud too. That guy rules but I haven't met him in person yet.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Ether Frenzy posted:

Needs full-on Olde Englifh:
Onne byrnne owte

Olympic Mathlete posted:

If I were to ever buy an account for my friend Alex he'd be undefeated thread king before the week's out. He's that kind of encourageable where you don't even have to goad him into doing a burnout, he just will... I'm glad my driveway's gravel because it stops him from doing it. We were leaving climbing last week and he just did an enormously long roller from the car park exit to the junction about 1/8 mile up the road.

This was him at just gone midnight at Caffeine and Machine...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsORxMRA4Xd/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I wish I could afford to blow through tires like that.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Darchangel posted:

I wish I could afford to blow through tires like that.

He enjoys showing off, if you don't know him he's a bit of an egotistical dick but he's pretty chill when you get to know him. He can only talk about cars though. Don't even try any other subject, it'll always come back to cars.

crutt
Sep 13, 2003
Hamhock Captain.
14 pounds of boost and still dumb as hell. Still on the fence as to whether I should keep it or sell it.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Keep it, and dump 20lbs of boost into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

KakerMix posted:

I bought a couple of brown vans:

I just want to curl up in that interior and never leave my perfect bubble of 80s/early-90s satisfaction. Maybe get up once in awhile to flip over the tape.

HiAce pedal boxes are so weird with the pedals shunted over as far as they are.