Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This is the best.

https://twitter.com/nathanfielder/status/1085977964817219590

https://twitter.com/WomenForFielder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have no idea who that person is but that's just sad.

I'm sad now.

edit: I now realize that that dude is a comedian and NOT an alt right dude and that its not an alt right sad thing but rather a mockery of, I assume, the Cohen news today. So I recant my sadness.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

You not knowing the greatness of Nathan Fielder and how perfect that joke is, now that is the legitimately sad thing here.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That seems fair. Either way I guess I'm sad.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

STAC Goat posted:

edit: I now realize that that dude is a comedian and NOT an alt right dude and that its not an alt right sad thing but rather a mockery of, I assume, the Cohen news today. So I recant my sadness.

Good news: You have 3 great seasons of a show to watch.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Never hearing about him is surprising because goons have posted Nathan's "I'm out on the town with my friends" tweet a million times, even in D&D.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hey, Documentary Now! is back starting February 20th.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I know "Nathan For You" and have definitely seen some clips. I just didn't know his last name/recognize his face/make the connection/whatever. It didn't click for me until after I posted.

I suppose you could argue that its just the mark of really good satire that my first instinct was to think it was the thing it was mocking.

Or, you know, I'm just a dork.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

Hey, Documentary Now! is back starting February 20th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4wEp3U_LYE

I read a thing a few weeks back, and the trailer confirms it, that Heder isn't in it at all (Barry :argh: ), though I think he's doing some writing, and Armisen is going to be in it less. The guest star list is loving stacked though so I think we should be fine.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I only watched like 2 or 3 episodes od The Grinder (because it got cancelled I bailed) but I know that having Rob Lowe play anything on TV even remotely Traeger-esque is worth watching. Also, how dare you turn down screen time for Natalie Morales.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

NBC must be feeling pretty smug about picking up B99 now since its premiere on the network is the highest its been rated in 2 years and beat all their other comedies that night.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Oh, the last of Kimmy Schmidt next week.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

pahuyuth posted:

I guess maybe it's something like referring to someone as "The Steve" or "The Bill" as an unfunny and uncool fraternity nickname. The Mick is a force of nature but The Mick is also a huge fuckup

The Bill ran for 26 Seasons. Maybe they thought they could do the same?

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
For a small country, how the hell does England seem to have some much green? You watch Escape to the Country or some poo poo and it's like everyone either lives in the London CBD or on 10 acre hobby farm. I just watched Sex Education and that place looked more like something out of Harry Potter than England (turns out it's Wales).

I even noticed it watching Catastrophe. I thought the show was set in London but the outdoor scenes look more like a quaint village than a bustling city.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Due to population density I guess. In the towns and cities, everything is pretty compact and most are surrounded by farms and other rural elements. Also it's not exactly the biggest place, so nothing is really that far from anything else in the grand scheme of things.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Looten Plunder posted:

For a small country, how the hell does England seem to have some much green? You watch Escape to the Country or some poo poo and it's like everyone either lives in the London CBD or on 10 acre hobby farm. I just watched Sex Education and that place looked more like something out of Harry Potter than England (turns out it's Wales).

I even noticed it watching Catastrophe. I thought the show was set in London but the outdoor scenes look more like a quaint village than a bustling city.

The Peerage.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I clicked on a random detective show on netflix and it opened on Mambo number 5.

Why would you do that.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

DETROITERS being cancelled is still too fresh a wound.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Lycus posted:

Oh, the last of Kimmy Schmidt next week.

I fell off that show pretty hard after S1. Never made it more than 2 or 3 eps into S2. Is it worth trying to power through that or should I just keep away?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I personally love it but if you didn't like it that far in, it's not like it becomes a different show.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Medullah posted:

I personally love it but if you didn't like it that far in, it's not like it becomes a different show.

I don't agree. I kinda hated season 2 and 3. The first half of season 4 was a lot more like season 1.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I loved Kimmy Schmidt season 1, thought season 2 was mostly fine, was so-so on season 3, and just didn't get the motivation to watch the last season yet. I think Tina Fey's transition into a cranky old person starts to show in a few of the episodes as the show goes on.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That actually makes me curious to watch it since i've always thought Tina Fey was kind of just a self aware cranky old lady. Like, that was basically her 30 Rock character. I suppose she could have lost the self awareness or gotten crankier. I'm kind of curious to see.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Joel McHale was savage when Terry Bradshaw descended the stairs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gEywLqalIo&t=44s

Guys don't play football

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
rofl @ the end of Wayne ep 6

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wayne is great

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

That actually makes me curious to watch it since i've always thought Tina Fey was kind of just a self aware cranky old lady. Like, that was basically her 30 Rock character. I suppose she could have lost the self awareness or gotten crankier. I'm kind of curious to see.

There's definitely a sense of... I don't know how to best put it. Like she's always considered herself a super liberal person and is now confused at the political objectives of younger people who aren't rich white ladies, so deals with it by just embracing Boomer stereotypes. Jane Krakowski plays a Native American woman and the main love interest is an Asian guy who puts on a fake accent the actor doesn't have, which upset a lot of people, so in the second season there's an episode about how people who complain about racists are the real racists. And other episodes about how teachers are overpaid and underworked, how unions are bad, how millennials are ruining New York, how feminism is worthless, things like that.

To be clear these are only in a few episodes overall but they definitely stick out.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Pretty much all the Gen X comedians who were big in the 2000s/early 10s have had their brains broken by the idea that they're not as edgy and counterculture as they thought they were. People told Louis CK that it was wrong to sexually harass women and he turned into Dennis Miller overnight

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eh, it probably wasn't overnight. It just seemed that way because people were giving him a lot of benefit of the doubt.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Yeah, he just pulled off his mask of ironic self-effacing detachment and went full "not a racist just a race realist" with it.

e: he'd kill on Mike Huckabee's show as long as he dialed up the complaining about millennials ~60%

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jan 18, 2019

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

HorseRenoir posted:

Pretty much all the Gen X comedians who were big in the 2000s/early 10s have had their brains broken by the idea that they're not as edgy and counterculture as they thought they were. People told Louis CK that it was wrong to sexually harass women and he turned into Dennis Miller overnight

They all thought they were George Carlin, but they were Dennis Leary the whole time.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

wrong thread

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Chairman Capone posted:

There's definitely a sense of... I don't know how to best put it. Like she's always considered herself a super liberal person and is now confused at the political objectives of younger people who aren't rich white ladies, so deals with it by just embracing Boomer stereotypes. Jane Krakowski plays a Native American woman and the main love interest is an Asian guy who puts on a fake accent the actor doesn't have, which upset a lot of people, so in the second season there's an episode about how people who complain about racists are the real racists. And other episodes about how teachers are overpaid and underworked, how unions are bad, how millennials are ruining New York, how feminism is worthless, things like that.

To be clear these are only in a few episodes overall but they definitely stick out.

A lot of that stuff is definitely irritating but counterbalanced by the awesomeness that is Titus and Lillian.

It's also kind of funny how the show is still able to get away with "child-like Kimmy" but in IRL Ellie Kemper is almost 40.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
STD is back yall, throw your stones

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Rocksicles posted:

STD is back yall, throw your stones

That's an interesting thing to celebrate, but I'm glad you went for a test.

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003
The Orville has just dropped the whole pretense that its in any way a parody, hasn't it? Aside from the odd goofy character and sarcastic comments, this season is pretty much a straight-up drama.

Not that there's anything wrong with that....

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Fast Luck posted:

everyone knows custer died at little bighorn, what this book presupposes is... maybe he didnt?

lmao

Owen Wilson really should never have stopped co-writing Wes Anderson movies

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lycus posted:

Never hearing about him is surprising because goons have posted Nathan's "I'm out on the town with my friends" tweet a million times, even in D&D.

I've just now realized what that tweet is and hilariously/sadly I actually thought THAT was a sad alt right dude too. Apparently I don't know who Nathan Fielder is because I've been completely and totally owned by his act.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

STAC Goat posted:

Apparently I don't know who Nathan Fielder is because I've been completely and totally owned by his act.

Well you’re definitely not alone in that regard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Nathan Fielder loving rules and Nathan For You is one of the greatest comedy shows to ever air on television. The series finale also deserved all the Emmys and was loving robbed.

e: Also Netflix's Fyre Festival doc is now out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Time to laugh at rich people suffering all over again!

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jan 18, 2019