Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I asked who was in charge of the hospital, they said Cum was all over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
I heard Cum’s a slippery fucker, just waiting to jump down your throat at the slightest hint of a blow.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Bodily fluid joke

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

joke telling everyone to stop with the puns while making a pun

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
Is it common for dress uniforms to have so many god drat ribbons?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nystral posted:

For senior staff like him, yes.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

We had a lot of laughs when a woman came into training looking for Airman Dick, but this would have killed me.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Most of them are participation ribbons.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Nystral posted:

Doubly so for the USAF. Other branches have badges for marksmanship, stripes for longevity, etc. The Air Force uses ribbons for drat near everything, so we look like third world dictators.

It was previously mandatory, but the Air Force just changed the rules to allow us to wear some, all, or none of our ribbons. Nowadays if you see an airman with a million ribbons, it's his personal choice to look like a dork.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The army gives you a badge for not having an accident with a military vehicle for a year or 8k miles, whichever first. It's the Driver and Mechanic Badge, and it looks dumb as hell.

I had mechanic and driver tabs. I needed to attend recovery school if I wanted to get an operator tab, but lol gently caress that. Not having the school didn't get me out of running a hemtt wrecker.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Arc Light posted:

Doubly so for the USAF. Other branches have badges for marksmanship, stripes for longevity, etc. The Air Force uses ribbons for drat near everything, so we look like third world dictators.

It was previously mandatory, but the Air Force just changed the rules to allow us to wear some, all, or none of our ribbons. Nowadays if you see an airman with a million ribbons, it's his personal choice to look like a dork.

I will never not laugh at this guy.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

god drat that guy is a true american hero.

edit: what the gently caress is the ribbon on the top right, the red with white stripes????

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

As Nero Danced posted:

Lol, 3rd award CIB, 2nd Combat Medic, HALO, combat diver. W/ probably every AF ribbon ever? (Idk AF awards). But why an AF uniform here? Also did anyone actually ever get 3 CIBs?

https://twitter.com/kbeninato/status/1086138050563002368?s=21

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Air force combat action ribbon is the closest I can find to that. Would fit with the rest of his chest of lies.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Everytime I look at those ribbons, I notice something new. If I remember right, the story is he wore that to his son's basic graduation. He also bloused his trousers into desert tan boots. I just love that miserable expression he's got, you know he's been smoked or at least an hour for that bullshit.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

he doesn't have the arctic service ribbon.

the only ribbon I ever wanted to earn.....

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Air force combat action ribbon is the closest I can find to that. Would fit with the rest of his chest of lies.

I honestly always thought it was the ribbon for the Norwegian "completed conscription" medal. Same pattern

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

As Nero Danced posted:

Oh man, that guy....

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Wasn't he at Benning for something ridiculous like his step-father's graduation from basic?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

McNally posted:

Wasn't he at Benning for something ridiculous like his step-father's graduation from basic?

Yeah, I was wrong and it was his step-father's graduation. Here's another shot.

e: VVV Yeah, back in 2014. Not sure how he died but it wouldn't surprise me. Nick Androsky, aka Sergeant Master Soup Sandwich

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jan 18, 2019

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

As Nero Danced posted:

Didn’t that guy die in an inhalants overdose or something similarly sad and pathetic?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

As Nero Danced posted:

Any time I see one of these guys, I can't quite feel amused, because they're likely several fries short of a happy meal.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

As Nero Danced posted:

e: VVV Yeah, back in 2014. Not sure how he died but it wouldn't surprise me. Nick Androsky, aka Sergeant Master Soup Sandwich

oh god the boots

how do you not at least look up a photo reference of what you're trying to impersonate?

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Didn’t that guy die in an inhalants overdose or something similarly sad and pathetic?

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/149615762/nickolas-androsky

Seems like it?

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

quote:

how do you not at least look up a photo reference of what you're trying to impersonate?

Or not claim awards that few if any people have ever been awarded. If these fakers were smart they'd just claim to have been a 42A or 92Y that got out as an E4. Nobody would ever question that.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
The worst part is that he actually had been in the Air Force. Busted from E3 to E1 and given a bad conduct discharge.

So arguably he should have already known.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

If I remember it was his step son who was graduating. The funny part being that the stepson was older than him.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Casimir Radon posted:

If I remember it was his step son who was graduating. The funny part being that the stepson was older than him.

Step-father, so it was even dumber.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Nice and hot piss posted:

edit: what the gently caress is the ribbon on the top right, the red with white stripes????

I'm pretty sure it's an Air Force Combat Action ribbon, which is awarded only after a complete and total breakdown of military hierarchy: an air force member being involved in a firefight.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I could see Air Force CCs and PJs getting that pretty regularly, I'm sure that's what he did to get it

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Slim Pickens posted:

I could see Air Force CCs and PJs getting that pretty regularly, I'm sure that's what he did to get it

Nah, it was even easier. He bought it at the PX.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/1086289510403584000?s=20

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/gregorybrothers/status/1085992684085485574?s=19

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Fox News in full crisis mode

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Davethulhu posted:

I'm pretty sure it's an Air Force Combat Action ribbon, which is awarded only after a complete and total breakdown of military hierarchy: an air force member being involved in a firefight.

But I thought Behind Enemy Lines was based on a true story?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Blind Rasputin posted:

But I thought Behind Enemy Lines was based on a true story?

It was as loosely based as you can get...on Scott O'Grady. Basically the "airplane hit by missile" is the only actual part. Everything else was nonsense. I especially like the perpetually-powered SAM.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I actually wondered after seeing it if SAM missiles utilized so,e sort of flachette technology to destroy planes, if they don’t they sh ups because it looked loving rad.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Many do, yes.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

As Nero Danced posted:

I remember it was a drug overdose of a particularly stupid drug, like bath salts or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I found twofingat picture

quote:

Tom doesn't really look like the most approachable bloke, but underneath that rough, oil stained exterior there's a gentle, unflinchingly helpful man. Tom's worked in the same engineering workshop for almost 50 years, he's a brilliantly methodical problem solver and there's nothing he can't fix. He sometimes gets frustrated with the quick fix solutions of the younger employees, but he thinks back to when he first started out. They just need some experience and he makes sure they learn from their mistakes. Any time Tom pops over for cuppa he'll be shaking door frames, straightening pictures, and generally just checking everything around the house for strength and sturdiness. He's always there to offer a helping hand or give advice, even if you don't ask for it. Hey Tom, my mower blades are a bit blunt, reckon you could give me a hand sharpening 'em?

More here