Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

We don't own the property, and the person that does gets super pissed off when there's food all over the place. Plus, it attracts vermin, and bears.

We've had bear at the store.

Not due to dumpster-diving people (who would dumpster dive at Starbucks anyway? We don't throw away anything worth using, and we actually donate all our 'expired' pastries and poo poo to a food bank), but we have raccoons and skunks and coyotes near our store now because the assholes at the pizza place next door just dump trash wherever they feel like. The dumpster is usually covered in old tomato sauce and other nastiness lately. And guess who does the morning trash run pretty much every day? This chick. It's so gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well, my application to teach overseas was rejected. So I'm still stuck with my loving boss.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback
Snow storm hitting on the first weekend of the month after food stamps refreshed.

Errything is hosed

Today is going to suck

Oh, and because the brainiacs at corporate decided to shift my deliveries to later in the day, the food won't be arriving until five hours after the snow has hit the region so, hey! Maybe it won't arrive at all.

cephalopods
Aug 11, 2013

Last time we had a bad winter storm, a frozen truck arrived during the subsequent outage and the DC demanded their freezer trailer back, so we had to unload everything into inoperable freezers.
Then they sent us a couple freezer trailers because the big generator was running late

Kickshaw
Sep 6, 2012
We've got a winter storm coming and I'm out with the flu along with a third of my team. I've been on the phone with management, every not sick member of my team, and management from other stores to try to get some help, as well as the district higher-ups to get our capacity temporarily reduced.

And I succeeded. Got two people from another store yesterday, borrowed someone from another dept today, and our morning capacity for today was shut down last night so we couldn't get slammed first thing. My lead tells me yesterday and today are definitely busier than normal, but it doesn't look like we'll have any late orders. :feelsgood:

Best part: because I'm salaried, being out sick a week isn't going to torpedo my paycheck!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
My company has changed who we're getting our produce from. And I think I know why we changed, this new company is cheaper and it shows because they're loving trash. Like below the bottom of the barrel. They're so loving awful I'm not convinced this company isn't some frat party boy and his friends who have Class B licenses and inherited a warehouse. Their labor for packing the pallets is taking any left over cans of beer that weren't finished and gathering a bunch of homeless people, and telling them whoever does the worst job at packing the pallets gets a half empty can of flat beer.

They don't stack the same product together. Either in layers or even on the same pallet. Look at the following picture:

I did not do anything to these pallets. Nothing was stacked on top of these pallets. Nothing was stacked under these pallets. In fact I only saw the closest pallet, and nearly had a heart attack cause holy poo poo they actually made layers! Then I saw the second pallet and almost had another one cause [i]why the gently caress didn't they put the oranges on one pallet and the lettuce in another pallet, and stack the pallets together?![/i. You know whats even better? There is a THIRD pallet, I didn't get a picture of it cause I was just over it at that point, that has a split of even more lettuce and oranges. About another 3 layers of oranges and 3 for lettuce, with an extra layer that is half lettuce and half oranges. They could've saved a pallet if they just stacked all the lettuce and oranges in their own pallets and have a perfectly even pallet to throw another pallet on top of it.

This is actually an improvement though, cause normally they would throw maybe 3 of those 10 lettuce boxes on another pallet, another 2 on yet another pallet, and the remaining 5 on the same pallet but jumbled around in the pallet as if they just had multiple people stacking the same pallet and randomly throwing whatever is on their list onto it. This is a pain cause I wont know if I have everything we ordered cause I have to check 10+ different pallets... and generally, when I find more of one product its at the bottom. Now I could check the manifest right?

No. Because the manifest isn't loving sorted. Its not in alphabetical order, its not in categorical order, the order the manifest is in is as loving random as the pallets. I'm assuming the manifest is sorted based on the order they scan in the stuff as they put it on the pallets. E: Oh and when it comes to what kind of produce, IE different colored onions or potatoes, its not listed either as what type of produce or what category. Something can be listed as "Red Onion", then I'll find "Onion, Yellow". They can't even loving keep that straight.

Oh it gets worse, cause so far consistently, we would be missing about 25% of what we ordered, the manifest will have like every 5 items be broken with "out of stock". We had no serrano peppers on Wed, we got none on thursday despite ordering. We got ONE loving box yesterday despite ordering 14. Today we ordered 14... and got THREE. This is supposed to last today and tomorrow. Great. Fantastic. I hope whatever money our company is saving with these chucklefucks makes up for the sheer volume of lost sales because we don't loving have anything. We have a lot of Mexican consumers. What does Mexican cuisine have in it? Yeah, peppers. In fact we sell so many peppers its literally the first thing a customer will see when walking into the store, cause we know drat well 95% of our customers will pick some up. So when they walk in and see the completely loving empty bin for the peppers they can just turn around and go somewhere else without having to invest in any time shopping inside the store.

Because of their hosed up pallet stacking efforts, a non insignificant amount of produce boxes come in bent, warped and crushed. Which is GREAT when trying to stack them together and not have them loving collapse. And thats even if we get all of one produce in the same loving packaging. I got 10 boxes of pasilla peppers in a cardboard box. I then got another 5 in a loving plastic tray. If it wasn't for the fact a quarter of our poo poo is out of stock because they never loving send us what we order, it would be impossible to keep anything organized because of different sized packaging making it impossible to stack stuff together.

And to top it all off, they kept coming in at 3 am when I come in at 4, arguing with the general receivers and have also tried to get them to offload the truck instead of doing it themselves. Now I have to wake up an hour earlier and today was the first day I came in at 3. Guess what happened? GUESS WHAT loving HAPPENED

THE loving IDIOT CAME IN AT 4:40

It hasn't been 2 loving weeks and already I want to drive to the warehouse and start slapping people around by the head like they loving own protection money.

Leal fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jan 12, 2019

cephalopods
Aug 11, 2013

All the problems you just described are also consistent problems with our own in-house warehouse. Who's your former supplier? Maybe they need to get into training/consulting

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

cephalopods posted:

All the problems you just described are also consistent problems with our own in-house warehouse. Who's your former supplier? Maybe they need to get into training/consulting

lol, like they would pay for training.

These outfits eke out their profits by churning through a revolving door of strictly minimum wage staff, giving no fucks whatsoever about quality, and offering rock-bottom bids. Business that hire these companies know exactly what they're getting and they don't give a poo poo. They couldn't care less how much of a headache it is for store-level staff, so long as it's cheap.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm getting some severe grocery store receiving flashbacks

Pentaghastly
Mar 26, 2016
Somebody jacked off in the mens bathroom again and left a wonderful display on the wall which I then had to clean in front of a line of men waiting for the bathroom. We had a lobby full of people camping out because they lost power and if I closed the bathroom for the biohazard dudes to clean then the women's room would be loving wrecked by the end of the day.

Only gagged once.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Leal posted:

My company has changed who we're getting our produce from. And I think I know why we changed, this new company is cheaper and it shows because they're loving trash. Like below the bottom of the barrel. They're so loving awful I'm not convinced this company isn't some frat party boy and his friends who have Class B licenses and inherited a warehouse. Their labor for packing the pallets is taking any left over cans of beer that weren't finished and gathering a bunch of homeless people, and telling them whoever does the worst job at packing the pallets gets a half empty can of flat beer.

They don't stack the same product together. Either in layers or even on the same pallet. Look at the following picture:

I did not do anything to these pallets. Nothing was stacked on top of these pallets. Nothing was stacked under these pallets. In fact I only saw the closest pallet, and nearly had a heart attack cause holy poo poo they actually made layers! Then I saw the second pallet and almost had another one cause [i]why the gently caress didn't they put the oranges on one pallet and the lettuce in another pallet, and stack the pallets together?![/i. You know whats even better? There is a THIRD pallet, I didn't get a picture of it cause I was just over it at that point, that has a split of even more lettuce and oranges. About another 3 layers of oranges and 3 for lettuce, with an extra layer that is half lettuce and half oranges. They could've saved a pallet if they just stacked all the lettuce and oranges in their own pallets and have a perfectly even pallet to throw another pallet on top of it.

This is actually an improvement though, cause normally they would throw maybe 3 of those 10 lettuce boxes on another pallet, another 2 on yet another pallet, and the remaining 5 on the same pallet but jumbled around in the pallet as if they just had multiple people stacking the same pallet and randomly throwing whatever is on their list onto it. This is a pain cause I wont know if I have everything we ordered cause I have to check 10+ different pallets... and generally, when I find more of one product its at the bottom. Now I could check the manifest right?

No. Because the manifest isn't loving sorted. Its not in alphabetical order, its not in categorical order, the order the manifest is in is as loving random as the pallets. I'm assuming the manifest is sorted based on the order they scan in the stuff as they put it on the pallets. E: Oh and when it comes to what kind of produce, IE different colored onions or potatoes, its not listed either as what type of produce or what category. Something can be listed as "Red Onion", then I'll find "Onion, Yellow". They can't even loving keep that straight.

Oh it gets worse, cause so far consistently, we would be missing about 25% of what we ordered, the manifest will have like every 5 items be broken with "out of stock". We had no serrano peppers on Wed, we got none on thursday despite ordering. We got ONE loving box yesterday despite ordering 14. Today we ordered 14... and got THREE. This is supposed to last today and tomorrow. Great. Fantastic. I hope whatever money our company is saving with these chucklefucks makes up for the sheer volume of lost sales because we don't loving have anything. We have a lot of Mexican consumers. What does Mexican cuisine have in it? Yeah, peppers. In fact we sell so many peppers its literally the first thing a customer will see when walking into the store, cause we know drat well 95% of our customers will pick some up. So when they walk in and see the completely loving empty bin for the peppers they can just turn around and go somewhere else without having to invest in any time shopping inside the store.

Because of their hosed up pallet stacking efforts, a non insignificant amount of produce boxes come in bent, warped and crushed. Which is GREAT when trying to stack them together and not have them loving collapse. And thats even if we get all of one produce in the same loving packaging. I got 10 boxes of pasilla peppers in a cardboard box. I then got another 5 in a loving plastic tray. If it wasn't for the fact a quarter of our poo poo is out of stock because they never loving send us what we order, it would be impossible to keep anything organized because of different sized packaging making it impossible to stack stuff together.

And to top it all off, they kept coming in at 3 am when I come in at 4, arguing with the general receivers and have also tried to get them to offload the truck instead of doing it themselves. Now I have to wake up an hour earlier and today was the first day I came in at 3. Guess what happened? GUESS WHAT loving HAPPENED

THE loving IDIOT CAME IN AT 4:40

It hasn't been 2 loving weeks and already I want to drive to the warehouse and start slapping people around by the head like they loving own protection money.

drat you guys sell a lot of iceberg lettuce.

We've sold that brand of iceberg before with no real problems, but the Western Gold stuff often comes in rotten. Once, they sent us organic lemons that reeked of pesticide.

Rainbow Knight fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jan 14, 2019

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Pentaghastly posted:

Somebody jacked off in the mens bathroom again and left a wonderful display on the wall which I then had to clean in front of a line of men waiting for the bathroom. We had a lobby full of people camping out because they lost power and if I closed the bathroom for the biohazard dudes to clean then the women's room would be loving wrecked by the end of the day.

Only gagged once.

Do not do this.

Toilets still work without power.

Do not clean up someone else's jizz for minimum wage.

Kickshaw
Sep 6, 2012
Heading back to work today. Still have a bit of a cough, but I've been fever free for 24 hours, and I'm actually psyched to head back. Being home sick is the worst.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
gently caress.

Took today and tomorrow off for cleaning (it's bulk trash day pickup Wednesday), and me being an idiot and wanting to start early, started Sunday. It rained Saturday night, so during my cleaning of the backyard, I slipped and fell hard on concrete. hosed up my right knee to the point I need a cane to move around the house. So the question is, I'll look like someone who just wanted to extend their vacation a few more days if I take the rest of the week off, but I work as a driver so me not being able to move my leg is a safety issue.

Do I hit an urgent care/little clinic today or tomorrow since presumably it's just a bad sprain? Only ices the cake that we have an interim manager right now and a new one coming on and no one has good communication between anyone right now. If it was my old boss I'd let him know right off, which I may end up doing today regardless. It just blows because there's no easy way to reach anyone to the point they respond!

BULLETKISS
Jul 3, 2003

Cowslips Warren posted:

gently caress.

Took today and tomorrow off for cleaning (it's bulk trash day pickup Wednesday), and me being an idiot and wanting to start early, started Sunday. It rained Saturday night, so during my cleaning of the backyard, I slipped and fell hard on concrete. hosed up my right knee to the point I need a cane to move around the house. So the question is, I'll look like someone who just wanted to extend their vacation a few more days if I take the rest of the week off, but I work as a driver so me not being able to move my leg is a safety issue.

Do I hit an urgent care/little clinic today or tomorrow since presumably it's just a bad sprain? Only ices the cake that we have an interim manager right now and a new one coming on and no one has good communication between anyone right now. If it was my old boss I'd let him know right off, which I may end up doing today regardless. It just blows because there's no easy way to reach anyone to the point they respond!

Do what you need to do for your health and do what you want to do with your vacation days.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
Mark your calendars, in two weeks I'll be taking a week vacation. First in over 6 months, sometime May I think I last took one. Told all full timers don't make plans, that's my week.

The week prior I can start scheduling myself at 6am instead of 8am to be able to take care of special orders that might happen due that program where customers can shop groceries online then just pick them up after employees get them ready.

I'm hoping I won't have to spend a lot of time doing those special orders and can actually get other poo poo done before customers start rolling in, kind of like how it used to be for decades.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Zenithe posted:

Do not do this.

Toilets still work without power.

Do not clean up someone else's jizz for minimum wage.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

I'd rather clean up jizz than poo poo, because at least jizz doesn't stink*, and there's less of it per incident. It's gross, and grosser still knowing that some sad sack is getting his jollies making you do it, but poo poo?

People use poo poo like three year olds use finger paint. They go full Vincent Van Pogh with a gusto and glee that's as impressive as it is disgusting, almost to the point of warranting admiration. "Hmmm, yes, I can really appreciate the deft strokes of the finger necessary to create these swirls- and the use of peanuts to create the right sticky but solid texture, yes, masterful."

What are you using to clean up the jizz? Papertowels or something? Yeah, don't do that. Just spray some cleaner on the spunk splash and smack it with the toilet brush, or mop if its on the floor. You're probably being very thorough, too thorough for what you're paid. You're not going to operate in the bathroom.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Leal posted:

Their labor for packing the pallets is taking any left over cans of beer that weren't finished and gathering a bunch of homeless people, and telling them whoever does the worst job at packing the pallets gets a half empty can of flat beer.

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

People use poo poo like three year olds use finger paint. They go full Vincent Van Pogh with a gusto and glee that's as impressive as it is disgusting, almost to the point of warranting admiration. "Hmmm, yes, I can really appreciate the deft strokes of the finger necessary to create these swirls- and the use of peanuts to create the right sticky but solid texture, yes, masterful."
You guys really need to start writing books because these are hilarious.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

It's actually a goal of mine but I haven't had the mental drive to think I could do it until recently. :toot: And thank you.

In unrelated news, our store manager wants to write up a cashier because she didn't make it to work. She didn't make it to work because she went into a ditch.

When I left, they were scrambling to find another cashier and- it's weird, but nobody wanted to come in! :monocle:

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I worked 5 years straight without calling out sick the first 5 years that I worked with this company. Then that poo poo day came where some how a ground squirrel that was in my car engine, kamikaze itself into the belt and broke it while I was half way to work. Had to pull over before engine overheated and self destructed. I called out sick for the first time ever in 5 years because I couldn't leave my car at the side of a busy rear end road. I told my manager the truth of why couldn't come to work.

Turned out telling the truth got me a write up. 5 years dammit, and they still reprimanded me. "Not having a vehicle is not an excuse to not show up to work". I was hurt and forever hated that poo poo head store manager. So lesson learned, if you can't show up to work due to any emergency, just say you're sick and you're barfing your brains out and leave at that. Piece of poo poo store manager ended up getting cancer and had to retire early because he was hiding hundreds of hours behind training trying to get his precious 50k bonus / year.

Pentaghastly
Mar 26, 2016
I had to tell the creepy barista we hired a few months ago who has maybe worked 30 hours thus far to please throw away the rag he used to clean his bloody finger with. He looks...scary. He mumbles and I can't understand a word he says and customers are uneasy with him. But he got hired because "he loves starbucks and has wanted to work here for so long. Its hard to find someone with a real passion for coffee!" :rolleyes: and that we also need to work on "developing" him because he works in food service and could be really good at this job.

I hate training him. He smells like cigarettes and he stares and he doesn't retain any information and I can't understand what he's telling me to help him out. I don't get paid enough to teach a grown man how to speak clearly and loudly in a customer service job.

And then he tells me later that he quit his other job he worked at for years so he can get more hours here. Cool cool cool

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Pentaghastly posted:

I had to tell the creepy barista we hired a few months ago who has maybe worked 30 hours thus far to please throw away the rag he used to clean his bloody finger with. He looks...scary. He mumbles and I can't understand a word he says and customers are uneasy with him. But he got hired because "he loves starbucks and has wanted to work here for so long. Its hard to find someone with a real passion for coffee!" :rolleyes: and that we also need to work on "developing" him because he works in food service and could be really good at this job.

I hate training him. He smells like cigarettes and he stares and he doesn't retain any information and I can't understand what he's telling me to help him out. I don't get paid enough to teach a grown man how to speak clearly and loudly in a customer service job.

And then he tells me later that he quit his other job he worked at for years so he can get more hours here. Cool cool cool

So just don't give him more hours and wait for him to run out of food money.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

So my company's new protocol for dealing with a gunman is "Go for the eyes!"

Thanks, guys.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Oh and a good customer comment a couple of days ago reads,"HIRE MORE WHITE AMERICAN WORKERS!"

Thanks, guys.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Rainbow Knight posted:

What.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Rainbow Knight posted:

Thanks, guys.

Is Minsc in charge of workplace safety?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Arcsquad12 posted:

I would totally work in a store run by Minsc (and Boo of course)

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
same

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
Two to three months ago our company also made a little video package + written instructions on what to do in case of a gunman decided to shoot up a store that we're working in.

1. Run and escape if possible.
2. Barricade yourself in a room (+ lock door).
3. Turn off lights.
4. Silence cell phones,.
5. You have the right to defend yourself.

Sad that in our country we need to go over this stuff. You think it'll never happen to you, but the closest Safeway to me was then one where Jared Loughner attempted to murder Gabby Giffords. Going there now because it's the closest grocery to me that's not Wally World and I'm too pissed to shop with my company.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Arcsquad12 posted:

Jim Cummings better make time to read my eulogy.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Every now and then I think about where I would run or where I would potentially hide if someone arrived to shoot up the store. Then again, people have threatened to do just that. I'm relatively fortunate in that any shooting would likely start at the front of the store and I'd be able to run screaming out of the back exits, pissing and making GBS threads as I went, hauling rear end up the embankment and into the fields beyond.

Honestly though, I am more concerned one of the open carry tools will do something stupid and cause an accidental discharge than I am afraid of a shooting, or that someone will come in close to close as we're counting the safe and I'm waiting to leave and rob the joint. With the way we count money and how empty the lot is close to close, it would trivial for someone to walk in at around three minutes to close, tool around like they're going to buy something, then pull a Glock.

Of course, the regulars who might have pieced this out are in often enough that they'd be ID'd, so if anyone actually does this it'll be an inside job, and given that everyone who sticks around that loving late every night has been around forever and has job security, it would only be after they were fired.

I wonder how they'll even do stick ups when currency becomes largely electronic. "Put all the blockchains in the USB drive, and nobody gets hurt!"

Pentaghastly
Mar 26, 2016
Is there some kind of rule about time a half? Because I worked 9 hours on new years day, but I only got paid for eight

Also I got a text this morning "drawer 1 was $30 short" and I shot back "you actually counted tills this morning?" and rolled over and went back to sleep. Can't wait til he "fires himself" as my manager says. I can count on one hand all the cash mishandling he's done and just one instance is enough to get fired.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Pentaghastly posted:

Is there some kind of rule about time a half? Because I worked 9 hours on new years day, but I only got paid for eight

Depends on your state. There's no federal law for hours in the day, just for hours in a week.

https://employment.findlaw.com/wages-and-benefits/state-minimum-wage-laws.html

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Like an idiot I thought it was for armed robbery and not a mass shooting.

I guess that kind of makes sense, hosed up though.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Manager told me there was a conference call with all the produce managers in our company and not one single store wasn't having issues with our new warehouse provider. Fantastic.

In other great news, the other opener has transferred. So I'm the only opener, I'll be working 6 days now until a replacement is found. My avatar is basically me every day.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Leal posted:

Manager told me there was a conference call with all the produce managers in our company and not one single store wasn't having issues with our new warehouse provider. Fantastic.

In other great news, the other opener has transferred. So I'm the only opener, I'll be working 6 days now until a replacement is found. My avatar is basically me every day.

Have fun with that, used to work at a kitchen that was moving to a USDA kitchen (health food startup in Austin, long story there) and refused to hire people for the longest time, and then only grudgingly got temps when it became clear that the kitchen staff was about to quit. Of course they didn't tell us about the move so for the longest time everyone was going "Why don't they just hire someone?" I ended up running 3 different jobs, often working 10-12 hour shifts or longer, 6 days a week. It got to the point where I straight up told my manager "Yes I know it's bad but I need days off. I have two of them on the schedule, you may call me in for ONE of them this week. Is this the one time you actually need me to come in?"

As a side note, does working at an Amazon Fulfillment Center count as "retail"? I didn't see a thread for that, or warehouse work, and it would be nice to have a place to vent sometime.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Not sure if this belongs in this thread, but we're a pretty small business and use Primepay to handle our payroll. Why are these people so loving stupid? The other day I sent our rep sick time hours to roll over to this year and she replies asking for the exact information I had just sent her.

This year they're including sick time information on our pay stubs and it's all hosed up. Sick time accrues at 1hr per 30hrs worked and is capped at 40hrs total. That's about .033 sick hours per 1hr worked. Instead of just doing that, they've taken the 40hrs you're allowed to accrue and divided it by a full time workload of 2080hrs, so pay stubs are showing an accrual rate of .0192hrs per 1hr worked and our employees are justifiably pissed.

Why do I need to walk our payroll monkey thru state law on sick time?

Edit: also last month she had one of our employees assigned to our facility in a different state despite his home address being right around the corner from us and his info sent in by me, the manager of this facility. So he wasn't getting state income tax taken out if his check and if he HAD been working at the other facility he would have been below their minimum wage.

One time I made a typo and listed an employee's starting wage as $1.30/hr instead of $13.00 and she just went ahead and processed payroll and sent a check for $45 for him. We got it figured out out but how do you not even ask me if maybe I didn't intend to pay this guy prison wages?

Inspector 34 fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jan 18, 2019

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Hey it turns out all the managers complaining got the warehouse company to actually put effort! All the same product is stacked on one pallet in even layers, not jumbled across 4 pallets!

Something I've forgotten to mention my last post about the whole working 6 days thing: Due to being sold a car that isn't street legal, I cannot drive to work (well, if I don't want to get pulled over. Which I will. I loving know I will) so I now bike to work. At 2:30 am. I looooove my joooooooobbbbbbbbzb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I don't get it, where do you live that you can't get the same kind of retail job somewhere closer to your home?