Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Grendels Dad posted:

Maybe that's the reason for his tactical outfit in the trailer. He's trying to travel incognito.

(watches him swing away on a web, stick to a building, leap off into the distance)

"Can't believe I got rescued by Batman!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Antje Traue is a dime and I want a prequel movie about her just so I can some mo' o' that femme beefcake.

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Superman was also thirsty for Lori Lemaris and Lana Lang

Or that one alien that looked exactly like his cousin:

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
OK so everyone and their mom who watched the FFH trailer has figured out and agrees that that Mysterio is the villain of the movie and is just pretending to be a hero and is somehow actually behind the Elementals (or Hydroman/Sandman/Molten Man or whatever they are).

Here's my crazy potential theory about him that I haven't seen anyone else mention that I think might also turn out to be true:

His handsome Jake Gyllenhaal face is ALSO an illusion that he's putting on. He'll look like handsome 37 year old Jake for most of the movie but at some point towards the end when the chips are down, the illusion will fade (from Peter punching his hologram/illusion creator out or whatever) and we'll see his true face, which will be someone not nearly as attractive (maybe they use a different actor, maybe they still use Jake but put him in makeup that makes him look older/ugly etc)

I think it makes sense because if the obvious theory is to be believed and Mysterio is indeed a villain who wants people to think that he's a hero, he would know that people would be much more inclined to trust an apparent "hero" who is extremely handsome

To help back up my theory, here is what Quentin is supposed to look like in the comics: https://imgur.com/hPwGQgh

In addition (if they do the "different actor portraying his true face in the last few moments" version), this could be a great way to keep the already established character of Mysterio around for a potential future movie where Peter fights the Sinister Six or whatever, while using a cheaper actor and not having to bring back the highly in-demand Gyllenhaal who might have only agreed to do one movie.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

bbf2 posted:

OK so everyone and their mom who watched the FFH trailer has figured out and agrees that that Mysterio is the villain of the movie and is just pretending to be a hero and is somehow actually behind the Elementals (or Hydroman/Sandman/Molten Man or whatever they are).

Here's my crazy potential theory about him that I haven't seen anyone else mention that I think might also turn out to be true:

His handsome Jake Gyllenhaal face is ALSO an illusion that he's putting on. He'll look like handsome 37 year old Jake for most of the movie but at some point towards the end when the chips are down, the illusion will fade (from Peter punching his hologram/illusion creator out or whatever) and we'll see his true face, which will be someone not nearly as attractive (maybe they use a different actor, maybe they still use Jake but put him in makeup that makes him look older/ugly etc)

I think it makes sense because if the obvious theory is to be believed and Mysterio is indeed a villain who wants people to think that he's a hero, he would know that people would be much more inclined to trust an apparent "hero" who is extremely handsome

To help back up my theory, here is what Quentin is supposed to look like in the comics: https://imgur.com/hPwGQgh

In addition (if they do the "different actor portraying his true face in the last few moments" version), this could be a great way to keep the already established character of Mysterio around for a potential future movie where Peter fights the Sinister Six or whatever, while using a cheaper actor and not having to bring back the highly in-demand Gyllenhaal who might have only agreed to do one movie.

Mysterio is actually a skrull

mysterio is actually tobey maguire

mysterio is actually maggie gyllenhall

mysterio is actually the special effect but the monsters are real,mysterio is just a tangible hologram made by the real mysterio who controls it from a distance.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

K. Waste posted:

Antje Traue is a dime and I want a prequel movie about her just so I can some mo' o' that femme beefcake.

extremely unironically same

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

McSpanky posted:

extremely unironically same

Same but also Michael Shannon, and his piercing features

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/OnePerfectShot/status/1085904607736254470?s=19

:chanpop:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Gavok posted:

Cosigned. It's a brilliant series and I'm currently reading the book he just released.

Wait there's a BOOK?

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Reminds me of all the comparisons/fights with Hitchhiker's Guide.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Every one of these navel-gazing film appreciation social media pages sucks rear end.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I’d love to see the critical thinking behind why this constitutes a “perfect” shot that forgoes talking about either an attachment to the characters or the film score.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

The MSJ posted:

(In bad French accent) Sacre bleu! I am not ze Spider-Man. I am ze French superhero Le Spider.

Real missed chance for them not to have Italian Spiderman show up.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Fart City posted:

I’d love to see the critical thinking behind why this constitutes a “perfect” shot that forgoes talking about either an attachment to the characters or the film score.

https://twitter.com/colddayonmars/status/1085926994641121280

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Fart City posted:

I'm pretty sure that account is :thejoke: personified. I've seen enough of their tweets it has to be in purpose

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

That's literally the "calvary has arrived shot", it's right after an alien war god has teleported directly onto the battlefield in a column of light from the heavens.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Guy A. Person posted:

That's literally the "calvary has arrived shot", it's right after an alien war god has teleported directly onto the battlefield in a column of light from the heavens.

A mountain arrived?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

MonsieurChoc posted:

A mountain arrived?

crud

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Man mountain Marko arrived

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

I'm pretty sure that account is :thejoke: personified. I've seen enough of their tweets it has to be in purpose

No, that account started off in earnest, posting some well-known "great" shots. But then as the popularity grew, it just posted mediocre shots from internet-popular films, and then the guy running it sold the account to Film School Rejects, and this is what it is now.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

MonsieurChoc posted:

A mountain arrived?

I mean, he did say it was a god that touched down so

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

The One Perfect Shot account will post anything that meets the following very stringent criteria for perfection:

1. Someone or something is framed right at the center of the shot

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Apparently it helps if that thing is three things

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

rule of thirds (there are three people in the shot)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

What about the rule of Amazon referrals?

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

The EW set photographer does it again!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Flying Zamboni posted:

The One Perfect Shot account will post anything that meets the following very stringent criteria for perfection:

1. Someone or something is framed right at the center of the shot

McSpanky posted:

Checks out.

https://twitter.com/OnePerfectShot/status/1059888174430871552

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Ah, I see. It’s not analysis.

It’s a fetish

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

McSpanky posted:

The Father (Rocket), the Son (I am Groot) and the Holy Spirit... of Thunder.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

bbf2 posted:

Would be fun to see them do this but to be fair, few of Spider-Man's Ditko villains were created as handsome or their faces were concealed until future artists came along. Part of it was Ditko's preferences and part was likely from the Comics Code stipulating that crime wasn't supposed to be portrayed as glamourous or attractive.

The only ones I can think of that were maybe classically handsome during Ditko's run were Kraven and... Fancy Dan?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Here's a podcast about Aquaman where Neil and Ryan Daly talk a bit about what went behind the scenes. The entire thing is worth listening but I found very interesting this bit around the 1 hour 25 minute mark. Not a word by word transcript though.

Neil Daly posted:

When you hear people talk about Joss Whedon came in and cleaned up the movie and did some reshoots. That’s not entirely accurate. Basically he reshot at least about 50% of the movie. 50% of justice league was completely redone. Gutted scrapped. Darkseid was in it, he was the villain, ares was in it. Cyborg had a nightmare vision when he plugged into the kryptopian ship. James Wan did away with a lot of the Joss Whedon version of Aquaman. Russian family was all Joss Whedon. Joss Whedon added in bad jokes that ruined characters such as Aquaman. James wan had to correct the course of aquaman’s character and had Snyder look over whether it fit his vision of aquaman and got his blessing. I was casted by him in buffy, love the guy but with a heavy heart I have to say he ruined the movie.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Wait there's a BOOK?

Defunctland: Guide to the Magic Kingdom. I don't know if it's on Amazon yet, but you can get it off the Defunctand site.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I finally saw Aquaman last night. It was a lot better than I expected but you also had to fully buy into the campy weirdness and even then they could have gone harder in that direction. There were some genuinely good shots too, especially the diving through a swarm of sea monster sequence.

The score was eclectic as hell tho. You had your typical super hero swelling orchestras mixed with future techno for chase scenes and then a random Pit Bull song that sampled Africa just blasting after a first act defeat.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Guy A. Person posted:

I finally saw Aquaman last night. It was a lot better than I expected but you also had to fully buy into the campy weirdness and even then they could have gone harder in that direction. There were some genuinely good shots too, especially the diving through a swarm of sea monster sequence.

The score was eclectic as hell tho. You had your typical super hero swelling orchestras mixed with future techno for chase scenes and then a random Pit Bull song that sampled Africa just blasting after a first act defeat.

My favorite random song was the music montage of manta building his suit. Just came out of fuckin nowhere. All of a sudden was in a completely different film

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

My favorite random song was the music montage of manta building his suit. Just came out of fuckin nowhere. All of a sudden was in a completely different film

That's another thing, I feel like it was openly homaging a bunch of different films and styles and the references were coming fast and furious*. Like the scene in the desert temple, aside from obviously having some Indiana Jones flavor, was clearly referencing The Fifth Element, right?

*I didn't intend this pun but noticed it after I finished typing

Guy A. Person fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 18, 2019

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Was it like the montage of Spider-Man making his suit with that cool twangy guitar theme playing?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lobok posted:

Was it like the montage of Spider-Man making his suit with that cool twangy guitar theme playing?

It was like a "Local teens clean up the community center" type hip-hop song. That's what I see in my head off I try to remember it.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Here's a podcast about Aquaman where Neil and Ryan Daly talk a bit about what went behind the scenes. The entire thing is worth listening but I found very interesting this bit around the 1 hour 25 minute mark. Not a word by word transcript though.

This scab just keeps getting picked open :mad:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I really enjoyed Snyder's scenes in Justice League, namely the attack on the amazons at the beginning and the fight versus the newly reawakened Superman. These scenes are just obviously higher quality than all the others. If you didn't grin like an idiot when Superman eyeballed the Flash, I don't even know what to say to you. It's such a perfect moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

I really enjoyed Snyder's scenes in Justice League, namely the attack on the amazons at the beginning and the fight versus the newly reawakened Superman. These scenes are just obviously higher quality than all the others. If you didn't grin like an idiot when Superman eyeballed the Flash, I don't even know what to say to you. It's such a perfect moment.

Superman asked Batman if he bled made me say "Oh poo poo!" aloud in a theater.