Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
One last note on the great debate over the Fyre docs: the Hulu one has a lot more schadenfreude footage of the event itself so I think that alone gives it the edge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

im gay

i missed you, goonlordes

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Cheese it everyone, she's back :supaburn:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

esperterra posted:

im gay

i missed you, goonlordes
Hi gay, I'm heteroflexible

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The Wayne show is kinda incredible and my favorite original in a long time.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://twitter.com/seewhatsnext/status/1086336169934110720

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1086345309192683522

I really don't see the point without Robert Stack.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Passage was aight for a Fox vampire show

Lucky i won't have to get to attached to it.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Among countless other reasons, in this season one of the characters asks him about his dead daughter and you can see it visibly just eating away at him inside. He does so much excellent nonverbal acting in this show.

I haven’t seen the new season yet but he’s been so good in S1 and Daredevil with showing the constant emotional pain Frank’s in. The monologue he gave in Daredevil about his trip home was crushing.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/16/entertainment/space-force-netflix/index.html

quote:

Sorry, Trump. Netflix is creating its own 'Space Force'

Out-of-this-world news for fans of "The Office," outer space and subtle jabs at President Donald Trump: Steve Carell is set to star in a TV series called "Space Force" for Netflix.

The show will be a workplace comedy "centered around the people tasked with creating a sixth branch of the armed services," according to the streaming service.
Carell co-created the series and will executive produce, in addition to starring.
The project will reunite Carell with Greg Daniels, who adapted "The Office" for American television and served as executive producer.

Howard Klein, another "Office" alum, will also executive produce.
The series will mark Carell's first starring television role since "The Office," which ran for nine seasons on NBC.
Carell left that series, on which played hapless boss Michael Scott, in 2013.
In December, Trump ordered the creation of "Space Command," a move labeled by the administration as a precursor to the creation a US Space Force, a sixth branch of the armed forces.
Vice President Mike Pence has said they aim to "stand up the United States Space Force before the end of 2020."

Im down for Space Office

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

There's some real History of Violence poo poo going on in season 2 of The Punisher and I am HERE FOR IT!!!

Also it's 5:30 in the morning and I should probably be asleep, but gently caress it, I'm watching this entire thing!!!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

There's some real History of Violence poo poo going on in season 2 of The Punisher and I am HERE FOR IT!!!

Also it's 5:30 in the morning and I should probably be asleep, but gently caress it, I'm watching this entire thing!!!

i did the same thing, went to bed at 11am.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Reign Of Pain posted:

Anyone watched IO or Revenger on Netflix yet? I'm debating which to spend the rest of this bottle of wine on...sci-fi or kung-fu...decisions decisions

SOMEONE ANSWER THIS MAN. He's probably asleep now but I'm up and Netflix just showed me the trailer for IO. Any good?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Jon Bernthal as Frank Castle is loving inspired casting. I know this ain't the first season, but it's still true.

I'm very glad that he and Steven Yuen are the two actors who made it big from The Walking Dead.

I always thought that Yuen was going to go the Jon Hamm route and use his AMC drama role to switch into a comedy career, but then he did Burning. Which I'm really bummed I missed in theaters.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

esperterra posted:

im gay

i missed you, goonlordes

hi gay

edit: rooflfllllflfllll when the cop from Wayne starts to take his shirt off near the end. Jfc haha hahahaha that's so good. He reminds me of Buster Scruggs

Watch WAYNE

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jan 19, 2019

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

bring back old gbs posted:

hi gay

edit: rooflfllllflfllll when the cop from Wayne starts to take his shirt off near the end. Jfc haha hahahaha that's so good. He reminds me of Buster Scruggs

Watch WAYNE

Such a good episode, i'm saving the finale for another day. That chick who plays Del must be tiny, she's like 22

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chairman Capone posted:

I'm very glad that he and Steven Yuen are the two actors who made it big from The Walking Dead.

I always thought that Yuen was going to go the Jon Hamm route and use his AMC drama role to switch into a comedy career, but then he did Burning. Which I'm really bummed I missed in theaters.

Yuen was very passionately pursuing an adaptation of the comic Chew and he would have been perfect for it. I guess he settled on voicing the lead in a still unreleased animated film.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Steven Yuen was fantastic in Mayhem. I'd watch Burning if I had any idea of where to find it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He was so good in Mayhem! That was a great flick.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Go watch Mayhem everyone!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yes!

Also because Samara Weaving is bonkers awesome in it as well.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Yuen was very passionately pursuing an adaptation of the comic Chew and he would have been perfect for it. I guess he settled on voicing the lead in a still unreleased animated film.

I love Chew so much that it inspired me to create a food blog, which I named after a character's food-related super power. What a drat shame we'll probably never get an adaptation. And I agree Yuen would have been a spot-on perfect Tony Chu.

I wonder if the similar concept of the iZombie TV series (zombie medical examiner eats brains of the recently-deceased to get visions to help solve their murders) put the kibosh on Chew.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m excited to see Yeun in Burning, it comes out over here really soon. He was good in Sorry to Bother You, too

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I love Chew so much that it inspired me to create a food blog, which I named after a character's food-related super power. What a drat shame we'll probably never get an adaptation. And I agree Yuen would have been a spot-on perfect Tony Chu.

I wonder if the similar concept of the iZombie TV series (zombie medical examiner eats brains of the recently-deceased to get visions to help solve their murders) put the kibosh on Chew.

I think iZombie is exactly what made things fall apart.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rocksicles posted:

Such a good episode, i'm saving the finale for another day. That chick who plays Del must be tiny, she's like 22

Probably a good choice. Wayne is taking all the parts I really really loved about Shameless and just giving me that

Plus the "mayhem" guy from all those insurance ads is in it and I really like him

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rather like how Kim Newman has claimed for several years that an Anno Dracula adaptation had been commissioned for television and was aborted when Penny Dreadful beat it to the punch.

I have heard recently that one of Newman's other books, Professor Moriarty: The Hound of the D'Urbervilles (which I quite enjoyed) is being developed for tv.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bring back old gbs posted:

Probably a good choice. Wayne is taking all the parts I really really loved about Shameless and just giving me that

Plus the "mayhem" guy from all those insurance ads is in it and I really like him

He was a dumb rear end in a top hat in 30 rock too and I had to wiki him before it clicked. The idiotic twins are actual siblings and man they act it. The whole cast is great

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Dean Winters is a national treasure.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Burning is good, I hope it gets through the shortlist and gets a best foreign picture nomination.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Dean Winters is a national treasure.

I just had a thought you've surely had before:

Dean Winters IS... Guy Gardner.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Dean Winters always confuses me because I've thought he was the guy in the old USA show Silk Stalkings about 3,725 times and every time I look it up I say "oh duh I know that why do I keep forgetting"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I just had a thought you've surely had before:

Dean Winters IS... Guy Gardner.

Oh yeah, he'd be excellent.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This Killer Mike show is seriously fantastic. At times it rivals Nathan For You with the people they manage to find and the hilarious awkwardness of the interactions. Episode 5 is a masterpiece. Y’all need to watch this

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just remembered that Xavier: Renegade Angel is on Adult Swim's website. "I'll deal with this with Navajo mysticism or Cherokee FISTicism."

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Started Futturman season 2 and gotta disagree with people saying it's worse than s1. Different, but imo better

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
You guys talking about The Vulture in here?

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Man Wayne is so goooooooood. Perfect blend of Shameless and The End of the F***ing World.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Chairman Capone posted:

There's definitely a sense of... I don't know how to best put it. Like she's always considered herself a super liberal person and is now confused at the political objectives of younger people who aren't rich white ladies, so deals with it by just embracing Boomer stereotypes. Jane Krakowski plays a Native American woman and the main love interest is an Asian guy who puts on a fake accent the actor doesn't have, which upset a lot of people, so in the second season there's an episode about how people who complain about racists are the real racists. And other episodes about how teachers are overpaid and underworked, how unions are bad, how millennials are ruining New York, how feminism is worthless, things like that.

To be clear these are only in a few episodes overall but they definitely stick out.

Tina Fey is the embodiment of White Feminism and she continues to double and triple down on it as the years go on. Her reaction to the lightest of criticisms with regards to racism and stereotypes was enough to put me off of watching any more of Kimmy Schmidt, even though I thoroughly disliked the character of Titus, her continuing thread of "everyone from the flyover states are idiots" and all of the "hilarious" Native American jokes. I wasn't a huge fan of her to begin with, seeing as how one of the running jokes in 30 Rock was 'look, black men are capable of being sensitive and intelligent people, too. Isn't that funny?'

She'll probably become a CHUD if there's any heavier criticism levied toward her. That would be the easier conclusion instead of her taking any of it to heart.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
You have issues.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man remember the friends episode where Chandler, the living, breathing epitome of 90's gay panic jokes, who every episode had a gag about how inadvertently girly he was lost his absolute poo poo when Joey's hot new roommate decorated the apartment with a strong feminine touch and called him a woman many many times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Vanderdeath posted:

Tina Fey is the embodiment of White Feminism and she continues to double and triple down on it as the years go on. Her reaction to the lightest of criticisms with regards to racism and stereotypes was enough to put me off of watching any more of Kimmy Schmidt, even though I thoroughly disliked the character of Titus, her continuing thread of "everyone from the flyover states are idiots" and all of the "hilarious" Native American jokes. I wasn't a huge fan of her to begin with, seeing as how one of the running jokes in 30 Rock was 'look, black men are capable of being sensitive and intelligent people, too. Isn't that funny?'

She'll probably become a CHUD if there's any heavier criticism levied toward her. That would be the easier conclusion instead of her taking any of it to heart.

Sir, this is a Wendy's drive through.