Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
So I had a long rear end commute today and got to thinking about lots of dumb stuff.

Relevant to this thread, does anyone know what the deal was with Winky Soft and Masou Kishin? I can only remember a lot of vague rumors about lawsuits and weird things with the rights to Cybuster, and how they made a Cybuster anime that replaced Masaki and other weird stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Ethiser posted:

I was thinking about T today and I realized that not a single one of the series that first appeared in X are in the game. That seems like a weird move. Looking at what those series were it kind of makes since, but it just isn't something I'd expect from Banpresto, especially with all the G-Reco sprites they created.

Well, the fact G-Reco isn't terribly popular with the typical SRW audience is probably a factor. It was barely above AGE in the big Gundam poll last year. Once it doesn't have the new show bonus, it's difficult to justify bringing it back.

It's also an awkward fit for the world idea they're working with, which isn't a guaranteed no (Rayearth), but it does mean it needs a little more reason to be included than it would otherwise.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Plus, one of the common complaints about X was "too many Gundams". Thus T only offers the usual grip of Z/ZZ/CCA, one more UC work, and fan favorite G Gundam.

Edit: That's not too many fewer, actually, but G-Reco just had so many units.

HitTheTargets fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jan 19, 2019

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

HitTheTargets posted:

Plus, one of the common complaints about X was "too many Gundams". Thus T only offers the usual grip of Z/ZZ/CCA, one more UC work, and fan favorite G Gundam.

G Gundam could have 3 Gundams or 15 or anywhere in between in it, we'll just have to see.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Samurai Sanders posted:

G Gundam could have 3 Gundams or 15 or anywhere in between in it, we'll just have to see.

From what we've seen, at least six for the heroes.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

HitTheTargets posted:

Which is kinda funny considering how many units from that show got left out in X

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
They’re keeping G-Reco for a post-apoc SRW with Turn-A, X and Xabungle.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
When I think Reconguista and Turn-A, I don't think "instant post-apocalyptic" but rather, "stuff happened and now we've rebuilt society more or less hosed than it was". There is mention in the Reguld century canon of a time when people were bred in vats just to be turned to food.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Ka0 posted:

When I think Reconguista and Turn-A, I don't think "instant post-apocalyptic" but rather, "stuff happened and now we've rebuilt society more or less hosed than it was". There is mention in the Reguld century canon of a time when people were bred in vats just to be turned to food.

Yeah, I was going to say that if Reco and Turn A were post apoc, IBO would get a look-in too. That one's also got merciless scavenger protagonists, even if the overall setting is pretty well recovered.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

I still find it hilarious that there's been at this point 4 Gundam series that are at least somewhat post apocalyptic in nature, and all of them except maybe IBO are less grim and bleak than SEED

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

The colony drop that started the One Year War killed half of humanity. The entire UC timeline is post-apoc.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

HitTheTargets posted:

The colony drop that started the One Year War killed half of humanity. The entire UC timeline is post-apoc.

IIRC it was the entire One Year War that killed half of humanity. Still basically apocalyptic though.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Yeah, the colony drop was barely a blip compared to the rest of the OYW, 50% of humanity didn't even live on Earth at that point. The OYW killed half of humanity with indiscriminate gas/nukesin the first week.

Inferno-sama posted:

From what we've seen, at least six for the heroes.

Yeah, we've seen the full five members of the Shuffle Alliance and Allenby and they definitely didn't look like call-ins.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

UC doesn't count as post apocalyptic in nature in my opinion because the Federation manages to continue as an operating government after pretty much every crisis it runs into*, if mostly out of sheer stubbornness and inertia rather than anything resembling competence

*well unless we count G-Savior or Gaia Gear

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Still playing through J again and Bamco bring back Brain Powered.

Actually no, just make a new version of In My Dream please and thank you.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxE5sI9BJ_A

Edit: Though the J version is better. Alpha 2 stuck really close to the originals so you get things like Last Impression needing 2 minutes to get to the good part. The portable games were much better as far as speeding up songs. Last Impression in A is rad.

Getsuya fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jan 19, 2019

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the songs in w are so fast that i spent half the game thinking my emulator was screwing up

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Getsuya posted:

Alpha 2 stuck really close to the originals so you get things like Last Impression needing 2 minutes to get to the good part.

To be fair, Alpha 2 also had a version of Last Impression that skipped to the good part. :v:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Getsuya posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxE5sI9BJ_A

Edit: Though the J version is better. Alpha 2 stuck really close to the originals so you get things like Last Impression needing 2 minutes to get to the good part. The portable games were much better as far as speeding up songs. Last Impression in A is rad.

The slow pace and the weird synth that they replace the lyrics with are my biggest problems with the Alpha 2 version, I just can't get into it.

On a related note, since I never got the chance to play X I've been listening to some of it's music and Jesus is it good. Step, Flash of G, Fly Dunbine, Unisonia and probably more that I'm forgetting. I'm not sure if they're good covers or if it's just the strength of the original songs but they're really great.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Endorph posted:

the songs in w are so fast that i spent half the game thinking my emulator was screwing up

Do you mean J or D? Because I found that the W songs had them on the right speed, with the ones on the previous games being way too fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTEPneISBJo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTcKeatJnOU
I mean, listen to this.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!
I will forever defend the weird tempo changes in the GBA games, we got an absolutely killer version of Beyond the Time out of it.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Light Gun Man posted:

For some reason this made me think of the J9 Team and now I miss them

Your longing had been noted, and the SRW GC translation effort has been restarted so you can have fun with the J9 team. In fact, all three J9 teams.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

Shaezerus posted:

I will forever defend the weird tempo changes in the GBA games, we got an absolutely killer version of Beyond the Time out of it.

The GBA tempo did a lot to make Tomorrow the absolute best battle theme for Sousuke.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

General Revil posted:

Your longing had been noted, and the SRW GC translation effort has been restarted so you can have fun with the J9 team. In fact, all three J9 teams.

It will be nice to see that project finished, as GC definitely feels like one of the more interesting standalone games in the franchise

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Televisio Frankus posted:

The GBA tempo did a lot to make Tomorrow the absolute best battle theme for Sousuke.

I really like what SRW R did for Neo Getter https://youtu.be/oojqBtj2HfI

Last Impression turned out really well too. I had such a blast playing this game thinking back on it https://youtu.be/3apcEZzqIJk

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jan 20, 2019

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

General Revil posted:

:woop:

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I've been reading SRW J story posts, there are some big differences with moon dwellers. Al Van really killed everyone but Calvina ends up falling for him none the less?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

New SD Gundam G Generation game.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Huh, is it those four worlds but not UC?

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

I'm glad they took that approach; right after Genesis, including a few UC units on the scale of those other series would feel weirdly stripped-down, and there isn't enough uncovered early UC to make another Genesis-style game seem worthwhile.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

I like how even in SD form, Mikazuki's giving mooks the worst death.

Interesting that everyone else was using their upgraded suit while Mika just had Barbatos form four.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's weird, I think that is the only time I've seen Freedom Full Burst using the vulcan cannons in addition to the other shots.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I laughed at the :geno: tone in Kira's attack animation there.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I sure hope that video is back up soon because the moment I woke up, it was already down.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Is it a crossover story, or will it just have the four series be four different campaigns that follow their individually canons?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

HitTheTargets posted:

Is it a crossover story, or will it just have the four series be four different campaigns that follow their individually canons?
I was looking for more news earlier, and I don't think anybody knows anything that's not in that trailer.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It'd be nice for them to make G-Gen games again that had actual crossover stories.

Unless they go with some real deep pulls from lesser known side story manga I feel like SEED is the only one of those four shows that has a real huge variety of suits they could use.

KoB
May 1, 2009
unless I can have Graham say God Graham Finger, whats the point in G Gen existing?

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

Ethiser posted:

It'd be nice for them to make G-Gen games again that had actual crossover stories.

Unless they go with some real deep pulls from lesser known side story manga I feel like SEED is the only one of those four shows that has a real huge variety of suits they could use.

I agree, especially if it leads to more poo poo like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Ethiser posted:

There's a decent number, I guess, but not a lot of actual variety. Wing has three Heavyarmses, for example.

The hilarious thing is that even if you do go into side stories, you're just gonna get more Heavyarms. I don't think any of these series has the equivalent of, like, a GM.