Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:randpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

Lin Manuel Miranda's new project is taking a weird direction.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

SneezeOfTheDecade has a new favorite as of 04:05 on Jan 21, 2019

LSD at the gangbang
Dec 27, 2009

Nancy is Good.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Man that's awesome, a reference to those French (I think?) comics, nice

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Slippery posted:

Oh poo poo, is webcomicname French?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

can someone post the comic with the dwarf and the axe where the sound effects are "fwisp" and "skub", before it was "fixed" and is just a flabbergasting series of images? thanks in advance

LSD at the gangbang
Dec 27, 2009

Pretty it's the Goblins dude.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Are you Pro-Skubb, or Anti Skubb?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

This is done by the guy that does Steve Lichman yes?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/joeyalison/status/1087177883754192896

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
It's like a reverse loss.jpg

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
gain.jpg

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Slippery posted:

Nah, the original Nancy was full of that kind of gag. Ernie Bushmiller was a master of homegrown Dada.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

:eyepop:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Johnny Aztec posted:

Are you Pro-Skubb, or Anti Skubb?

Otoh I'm getting strong KOFF and SKLISH vibes

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
weird how Goblins has been doing it's thing for almost a decade(?) now, when all of a sudden Japan has a manga/anime about goblocide blow up just as Goblins, for whatever goddamn reason, gains more mainstream popularity.

I don't get it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

LSD at the gangbang posted:

Pretty it's the Goblins dude.

All the action in Goblins is just so poorly conveyed. There's a page shortly after this one (or like right before) of the guy with the helmet getting knocked over and using some kind of mechanism to get back up and it makes zero sense when you read it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

weird how Goblins has been doing it's thing for almost a decade(?) now, when all of a sudden Japan has a manga/anime about goblocide blow up just as Goblins, for whatever goddamn reason, gains more mainstream popularity.

I don't get it.

Western-style fantasy (stereotypical D&D stuff) has been fairly popular in anime/manga for a while, I think that Goblin Slayer is just the only one in recent memory that got a huge amount of attention among non-weeaboos in the West.

Studio Ghibli did an adaptation of Ursula K. Le Guin's 'Tales from Earthsea' 13 years ago.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

muscles like this! posted:

All the action in Goblins is just so poorly conveyed. There's a page shortly after this one (or like right before) of the guy with the helmet getting knocked over and using some kind of mechanism to get back up and it makes zero sense when you read it.
I'm pretty sure this page is a parody of the page you're talking about.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Nuevo posted:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I am absolutely howling over these Garfield comics

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I am absolutely howling over these Garfield comics

Same. I'm still laughing over "But I love suckin' and fuckin'."

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Wasn't there already some other cat comic that did that?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

Goblins makes zero sense when you read it.

That’s all you really needed to say.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Trying to understand the motion in goblins makes me feel like an early egyptologist, trying to decipher what these strange runes meant.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Nuevo posted:

No it's...ugh I'm sorry I can't remember the name! About an unbeatable detective...who does the same things Nancy does in those panels to catch criminals.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

AlbieQuirky posted:

Nah, the original Nancy was full of that kind of gag. Ernie Bushmiller was a master of homegrown Dada.

Oh cool thanks, I didn't realize!

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Slippery posted:

No it's...ugh I'm sorry I can't remember the name! About an unbeatable detective...who does the same things Nancy does in those panels to catch criminals.

It's been posted a few times in the Comic strip megathread in BBS, if you want to pop around and ask.
I don't quite recall the name either. It was pretty good though

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Some of the Bushmiller surreal moments in Nancy quoted here and here.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

further lmao at this over the abu dhabi ref

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009

Pookah posted:

I think blue pee = porphyria, so yeah. bad.

:ninja: holy poo poo, we just saw one of the What Is Wrong With Me shows about this, like, 3 minutes before reading you saying this :ninja:

get off my deck!

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Johnny Aztec posted:

It's been posted a few times in the Comic strip megathread in BBS, if you want to pop around and ask.
I don't quite recall the name either. It was pretty good though

I feel like I’ve seen this really recently. Did he drop something from one panel to another? Was there a ladder involved?

This is going to drive me nuts.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Slippery posted:

Ahhhhh, I gotcha. I was thinking you were talking about the other comic panels below the Nancy panels in final panel, not the premise of the whole comic.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

burial posted:

I feel like I’ve seen this really recently. Did he drop something from one panel to another? Was there a ladder involved?

This is going to drive me nuts.

Well, if you follow the Comic strip thread in BSS,then you saw it there. It was posted not too long ago.

One of them was the guy getting busted in on at home while he was mopping.
Stuff happens, and "Bad guy" ....Invincible! That's it!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The Marvel character Gwenpool is aware that she's in a comic (like Deadpool) and her super power is that she can duck between frames and jump into flashbacks and similar stuff:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos