Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

I said come in! posted:

If it made sense then we would be in support of Thanos wiping out half the universe and he would be the good guy?

He harmed the people he was supposed to harm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Burkion posted:

He wishes

At least Ivan Ooze's motivation and plans made loving sense

It took me way too long to realize Ivan Ooze is played by Belloq from Raiders, and tbh I still haven’t recovered.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Fart City posted:

It took me way too long to realize Ivan Ooze is played by Belloq from Raiders, and tbh I still haven’t recovered.

What in the actual gently caress

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I want the Gambit movie to go full Jojo.

Seriously, Gambit's power is basically Killer Queen.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I still don't think gambit has the clout to hold up a solo film.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Jon Bernthal, he's got the nose and the "I got hit in the head a few times too often" vacant stare down.

Hollywood has actually been kicking the Groo rights around since at least 2004: https://variety.com/2004/film/markets-festivals/groo-going-to-movies-1117910999/

That’s wild. I thought I was the only person on the planet who read Groo

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Freakazoid_ posted:

I still don't think gambit has the clout to hold up a solo film.

I agree, but it’s not going to begin production before the Disney/Fox deal closes and Marvel Studios gets control of the X-Men property, so it’ll be a moot point soon enough

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Fellowship was out a couple months after 9/11. Kinda crazy to think about.

I still remember the talk about possibly renaming The Two Towers out of sensitivity concerns

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There's only one tower in that loving movie anyway

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I said come in! posted:

If it made sense then we would be in support of Thanos wiping out half the universe and he would be the good guy?

Good!

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Mameluke posted:

I still remember the talk about possibly renaming The Two Towers out of sensitivity concerns

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

There's only one tower in that loving movie anyway

I still remember being angry about Shelob being pushed to the third film.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Or the people complaining about the lack of Tom Bombadil.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

The ultimate example of Marvel racism is how their color grading tries to keep out all the blacks. :heritage:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

The Cameo posted:

Then someone at Warners apparently really believed in the project, because he got a call saying "if you can rewrite this to be half the budget, and find a big enough name to anchor this?... Yeah, we'll still make it."
What's also crazy is that, in order to save money, they eschewed most tradiional CGI in favor of poo poo like macro exposures of fluid dynamics. So you get all these nice contemplative scenes where it's like oil and water mixing that looks like CGI.

The story i heard was that Aaronofsky walked out of The Matrix and was like "where do we go with SciFi from here". And while the original was more grandiose, I feel like the stripped down version was more inventive and took science fiction films down a great path. There's a Graphic Novel called Daytripper that's in a similar vein to Fountain that I wish would get picked up. :(

I had no idea people actually liked The Fountain here. It's like my favorite film and everyone looks at me like I'm from Mars when I say that.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Robokomodo posted:

That’s wild. I thought I was the only person on the planet who read Groo

Me and my brother were practically raised on Groo comics.

Uh, I guess that might explain a lot actually ...

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm wondering if I like Deadpool simply because he's a representative of superheroes being freaks, gently caress-ups and weirdos. He's physically and mentally disabled, has trouble dealing with reality and other people, and it's only the most understanding people who are willing and able to be his friends and allies.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

The MSJ posted:

Tatum is just a big nerd. Gambit is a sexy dude from the South, probably sees a lot of thing in common with himself.

Basically this. Born in Alabama and grew up in Louisiana, so he thinks he'll bring a lot of authenticity to it. Or something like that.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Eh he was good in Logan Lucky as a sort of laconic smart redneck guy. Although Adam Driver pretty much stole that movie with "cauli-flower???"

I can see it working if they don't play up his almost ludicrous Cajunness from the comic

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I on the other hand hope he makes his entrance by surfing in on alligator, throwing kinetically-charged po’boys.

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
Does Gambit refer to himself in the third-person in the comics or was that just made up for the cartoon? Either way, it should be in the movie.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/1088154718096941056

Ok then.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He looks more like lex luthors nephew

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The S1 industrial magnate Elon Musk stand-in was basically Lex. Kind of miss all the surrounding stuff from CBS Supergirl.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Ahahahaha they're casting Duckie as Lex, I love that goddamn show.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

It took me a second to get that joke. Well done.

ruddiger posted:

Ahahahaha they're casting Duckie as Lex, I love that goddamn show.

He played Lex's nephew in Superman 4: The Quest for Peace

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
edit: quote is not edit.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Almost Blue posted:

Does Gambit refer to himself in the third-person in the comics or was that just made up for the cartoon? Either way, it should be in the movie.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jose Oquendo posted:

It took me a second to get that joke. Well done.

He played Lex's nephew in Superman 4: The Quest for Peace

The fans demand Otis!

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Haha, I didn't realize it until you made that joke.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I watched Aquaman tonight and decided that it should be nominated for best picture instead of Black Panther.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
it should have least gotten a best vfx oscar nomination

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Equeen posted:

it should have least gotten a best vfx oscar nomination

Just watched it and :same:

All those big underwater scenes were just gorgeous. And I'm pretty sure that there was no octopus playing the drums in Black Panther so it's clear which of the two is the better movie.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Popelmon posted:

And I'm pretty sure that there was no octopus playing the drums in Black Panther so it's clear which of the two is the better movie.

Was really surprised to find that this was a 2 second 'gag' in the movie. I've heard this octopus mentioned a lot, so I was expecting there to be more to it.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

BP should have done more with the battle rhinos, and Aquaman should have done more with the drumming Octopus

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Guy A. Person posted:

BP should have done more with the battle rhinos, and Aquaman should have done more with the drumming Octopus

:hai:

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
But does the octopus have a garden in the shade?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That Octopus was motion captured by none other than Neil Peart.

Was it wearing a headband?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

That Octopus was motion captured by none other than Neil Peart.

Should've been Rick Allen from Def Leppard

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I know they're joke categories but I honestly think Aquaman should get the score/soundtrack double whammy. I mean the brass balls on whoever decided to do some gorgeous wide shots of the Sahara while blasting Pitbull's cover of Africa, good Lord. And all those synths in the score, unf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Matt Smith is joining Leto on Morbius

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/matt-smith-jared-leto-morbius-1203114661/