Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SolusLunes posted:

cpig do you still have the post restrictions, you know you could have given it to someone else right

He gave it to gulag

I’m vanilla town

No idea who scum is, I quit keeping up with this game when I had to start voting on rules and dealing with people leaving votefinder or coming back to life with nebulous roles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I would self vote if that wasn’t the dumbest play you can make under pressure

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

Mr. Humalong posted:

No idea who scum is, I quit keeping up with this game when I had to start voting on rules and dealing with people leaving votefinder or coming back to life with nebulous roles.

TBH I suspect this is more frustrating for scum than town - they almost had the game in the bag and then people came back to life with confirmed town status and vigs and deathproof and a cop in every pot and free unicorns.

I'm pretty sure a large subset of this 'oh man nobody's playing why even try' stuff is scum trying to discourage town - we're actually in a way better position than we were n1 I reckon.

Azurelana posted:

##shame Asiina

be like azurelana, kill scum with your last breath

I'll happily vote Humalong but that's -1 so i'll hold off for a few hours?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##shame monathin

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

IllegallySober posted:

As far as the vote for today goes though, I’m not sure and that deadline is fast approaching too. I’ll go take another look at CL.

I went back and reread CL and while I can sort of see what xiw is getting at in terms of the piece regarding Asiina, in tone from CL’s posts I’m feeling more checked-out townie (which, welcome to the club) over scum for right now, particularly considering the follow-up post:

chaoslord posted:

SK, this game is full of apathetic town, me included, and I don’t think we have much of a chance with how :shrug: this game has gone. Like, as I called out, there were 11 non voting 6 hours out, 12 if you count mine since I’m on a no lunch vote. I don’t have any strong reads (scumalong is weak feelings for putting asiina at -1, backing off, then hopping on azure with no explanation), and I’m hoping the bowser button gives me a power or something. To be perfectly honest? Half of me hopes I bowser button into scum so I have a chance to win, ha. I think we are probably closer to LYLO than we think and with me not having a strong feeling I am scared to put my vote anywhere and have folks hop on. In the absence of a strong read I am content to let the game day pass and hope to be either given a power to actually be useful or to have a chance to win in a very undeserved manner, as is mario party tradition

However, this case was posted since I was here last and I think it has merit:

Toalpaz posted:

Day 1 Hum ends up voting Asiina to get the lunch, but that could be just bussing and day one isn't a lot to work with. Her main cases for that day are SK and B-.

The day 2 content from hum is almost non existent and this is the reason for voting ss3p. Which is null but lazy town and lazy scum go hand in hand imo.

Day 3 asks for the summary of the case on Asiina. This among other prompts gets Azure to write her big post... and these are hum's last posts until the end of d3.

Like... Humalong is obviously doing her thinking in scum chat. We have no reason for her switch to Azure, unless it's somehow self evident (which I don't believe is true). Nothing to use later, and no thought process. I think it was just a vote of opportunity to save a scum bud.

I’ve been in and out (more out than in, truth be told) but I’ve also tried to go back and revisit what I said I would when I could and have tried to explain my thought process on shifting opinions. In contrast, Hum has not done so based on these posts, so I think this case resonates with me.

As I was typing this up I see Hum is close to dunk and we still have time so I won’t vote yet, but this is where I’m looking at.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
what idiot gave gulag more amulets than me

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Huh. Catching up and Confirmed Town Solus cleared Toal, so ##unvote I guess

I feel like I cannot in good faith vote for Humalong for a lack of cases because I also definitely am guilty of that, but I'll definitely vote to stop a nolynch again

SolusLunes posted:

Why is gulag just shitposting instead of giving actual content?

he's calling out people he thinks are scum, just in a fun format

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

SolusLunes posted:

cpig do you still have the post restrictions, you know you could have given it to someone else right

Oh I did give that crap away. Which is why I am able to quote posts and all that.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Xad posted:

Huh. Catching up and Confirmed Town Solus cleared Toal, so ##unvote I guess

Don't read too much into what I've said about Toalpaz, I only tracked Toalpaz on N1. I tried to track someone N2, but in addition to being killed, I was also blocked.

I'm reasonably sure, for today's purposes, that Toalpaz isn't scum.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Xad posted:

he's calling out people he thinks are scum, just in a fun format

I see. My eyes glazed over when I tried to read it.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

SolusLunes posted:

Don't read too much into what I've said about Toalpaz, I only tracked Toalpaz on N1. I tried to track someone N2, but in addition to being killed, I was also blocked.

I'm reasonably sure, for today's purposes, that Toalpaz isn't scum.

Oh okay, I was assuming you had been tracking Toal constantly for...some reason. Good to clarify though, thanks

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

peramene posted:

what idiot gave gulag more amulets than me

does gulag become the mod now

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

flerp posted:

does gulag become the mod now

a thought:

we force people to give gulag all the amulets on pain of being lynched

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Sure.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

IllegallySober posted:

As I was typing this up I see Hum is close to dunk and we still have time so I won’t vote yet, but this is where I’m looking at.

Checking back in- I’m getting ready to step into a meeting of indeterminate length and not a whole lot of discussion is happening, so ##vote Humalong and I’ll try to be back in enough time that I can contribute to deadline chat/move if needed.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

It's gonna be hilarious for whomever hammers me.

Just trust me.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

SolusLunes posted:

a thought:

we force people to give gulag all the amulets on pain of being lynched

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

do this

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Mr. Humalong posted:

Just trust me.

bold lunchbomb strategem, let's see if it pays off

##vote humalong

i was gonna post more but calling this bluff is the funnier option

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HVejEB5uVk&hd=1

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Mr. Humalong posted:

Just trust me.

It'll probably be me but I'm going to wait until closer to deadline I think - do you want to claim properly or provide anything useful or is this just a vague last minute scum attempt?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Humalong I'm going to be very disappointed if Nat comes in here and I do not, in fact, die

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Noooooooooo, goodbye Mr. Humalong!

Votecount for Day 4
With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 24th, 2019 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 hours, 57 minutes.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##explode a sometimes food
##explode monathin

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Monathin posted:

bold lunchbomb strategem, let's see if it pays off

##vote humalong

i was gonna post more but calling this bluff is the funnier option

this was your only post today, yikes

Nothing to vote on tonight?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mr. Humalong posted:

##explode a sometimes food
##explode monathin

:eyepop:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I should have checked my role doc, oops

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Mr. Humalong posted:

I should have checked my role doc, oops

oh my loving god humalong

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
:eyepop::popeye::eyepop:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I voted no to the cop thing

I hate cops

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

xiw posted:

this was your only post today, yikes

I was way busier today than I anticipated so when I came back I saw huma was at -1 and claimed a lunchbomb which felt p scummy but it turns out it might be legit and i'm probably dead so

:rip:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
did a jester just win?

this is my favorite game ever.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

did a jester just win?

this is my favorite game ever.

yes so you might as well scum claim with your team.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Toalpaz posted:

yes so you might as well scum claim with your team.

Sure, my scumbuds are Toalpaz, Toalpez, Toolpoz, and Tealpas.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Mr. Humalong, Town Insane Cop was executed.

The Bowser Button has been pressed

You pressed the bowser button.

Do you know what you've done?

Do you know what she's going to do to me?

Oh god it's all wrong.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

God loving dammit Humalong I was supposed to be dead

I can't believe you've done this.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Monathin posted:

God loving dammit Humalong I was supposed to be dead

I can't believe you've done this.

I shamed you before hammer, so check scum chat in case you guys shamed in there

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

where is my observer in discord

get me outta this fuckin game

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Mr. Humalong posted:

I shamed you before hammer, so check scum chat in case you guys shamed in there

1) i don't have a scumchat, nice try

2) we repealed the shame mechanic so gj

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mr. Humalong posted:

where is my observer in discord

get me outta this fuckin game

:wave:

I really did wanna see mona's flip though TBH. That was like... a terrible hammer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Toalpaz posted:

:wave:

I really did wanna see mona's flip though TBH. That was like... a terrible hammer.

i mean if someone is claiming lunchbomb at -1 I'm going to assume it's a scummy desperation claim. I'm not worth poo poo in this game so the least I can do is call the bluff.