Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

It’s not the flag. It’s how you use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The third confederate national flag looks awesome. The blank space is great for slapping a seal on and making a low-effort regional flag too. Too bad about, you know, it being the confederate national flag.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
This one?

I like it because, once you remove the stain in the upper left, it transforms into the final form of the confederate flag.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I like it because, once you remove the stain in the upper left, it transforms into the final form of the confederate flag.
:hmmyes:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Looks like someone printing a flag from a word document and getting the dimensions wrong

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Mk3 also has a red stripe on the right to break up the empty space.

(Guess what the white space officially represented :godwinning:)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The Smithsonian Institution has the finest specimen of Confederate flag.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

"Heartbreaking - The Worst Person You Know Was A Hoopy Frood"
-or-
"You'll Never Guess Which British Comedy-SciFi Author Was A Secret Confederate Sympathizer"

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

These remind me of playing Runescape in 1998, especially the second from the left on the bottom row.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

No Safe Word posted:

The famous 39 states of the USA

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

OutOfPrint posted:

These remind me of playing Runescape in 1998, especially the second from the left on the bottom row.

They all look like they were made in an old version of MS Paint, truly flags by and for the people

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

Ironically for this GIF, 39 states is the only number that's impossible. ND and SD became states simultaneously, but North Dakota is always mentioned first only because of the alphabet.

We jumped from 38 to 40.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Golbez posted:

Ironically for this GIF, 39 states is the only number that's impossible. ND and SD became states simultaneously, but North Dakota is always mentioned first only because of the alphabet.

We jumped from 38 to 40.

They were signed seperately. Due to the rivalry between North and South Dakota, each wanted to be first, so Harrison had the papers shuffled up, then signed them blindfolded so he wouldn't know which state he was admitting first.

People list North Dakota first because its alphabetically first, but the true order remains a mystery to this day.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I find it very funny that this sort of pettiness can rise above a person and apply to a state. A state, or government, shouldn't care who gets admitted first because it has no bearing on anything. And yet people are petty, so their organizations are too, I guess.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Tunicate posted:

They were signed seperately. Due to the rivalry between North and South Dakota, each wanted to be first, so Harrison had the papers shuffled up, then signed them blindfolded so he wouldn't know which state he was admitting first.

People list North Dakota first because its alphabetically first, but the true order remains a mystery to this day.

They live in a state of quantum superposition known as Snort Dakota.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Don't mind if I do!

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Somfin posted:

Don't mind if I do!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
North and South Dakota are the 46th and 47th states by population so really they should have been forced to be one state, Dakota.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho should all be one state.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Those states are all fairly different and the solution to the USA’s problems is not “hahaha lol punish the bad dumb states because they can’t make metropolis and vote bad wrong”

You may note that Wyoming having the same senate vote as New York was a law written and confirmed by turborich east coast politicians. And the turborich exploiting the rural intermountain west today are... executives who, to be fair, might also be turborich on the OTHER coast

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Who said I thought it should be that way for electoral reasons?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Also all of New England should be one state too.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Those states are all fairly different and the solution to the USA’s problems is not “hahaha lol punish the bad dumb states because they can’t make metropolis and vote bad wrong”

You may note that Wyoming having the same senate vote as New York was a law written and confirmed by turborich east coast politicians. And the turborich exploiting the rural intermountain west today are... executives who, to be fair, might also be turborich on the OTHER coast

Who the gently caress was talking about any of this

vyelkin posted:

Also all of New England should be one state too.

Being from california, driving in New England was absolutely jarring. You blink and you go through four states.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Those states are constitutionally rotten boroughs, and real democracy in this country will only start when the Senate has been abolished.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Platystemon posted:

North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho should all be one state.

The Moon should be a state. IIRC you can fit the entire US on the moon four times over. All that real estate to build giant mansions and skyscrapers etc.

The Moon:

Platystemon posted:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Platystemon posted:

You mean the thing falling over from the blast of the Lander taking off?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Spoeank posted:

Who the gently caress was talking about any of this

Being from california, driving in New England was absolutely jarring. You blink and you go through four states.

Yeah I grew up in Oklahoma and live in Europe now and it's like "holy poo poo I can drive a few hours in any direction and the language changes".

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Carbon dioxide posted:

That's why we went up there again and put up a new flag :colbert:

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Don Gato posted:

Hot take: The Soviet Union won the flag war as soon as they had that flag consisting of a bear tearing an atom in half. The US lost the flag war once someone thought the old Pocatello flag was acceptable in any way, shape or form.

need example of bear-tearing-atom flag for reasons of personal enjoyment plz thank you

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

It kind of looks like he's trapped in that wierd hula hoop prison from Superman 2.

Iron Chef Nex
Jan 20, 2005
Serving up a hot buttered stabbing

Carbon dioxide posted:

Only the flag from Apollo 11 got knocked over. The rest of the (successful) missions planted it a bit farther away from the LM. That's Apollo 16 commander Young with the jumping salute in the image. Also interesting: the red stripes on his suit there were added to the commander's head, arms, and legs so that folks could easily tell who was who in the mission pictures and video starting with Apollo 13 onward.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Iron Chef Nex posted:

Only the flag from Apollo 11 got knocked over. The rest of the (successful) missions planted it a bit farther away from the LM. That's Apollo 16 commander Young with the jumping salute in the image. Also interesting: the red stripes on his suit there were added to the commander's head, arms, and legs so that folks could easily tell who was who in the mission pictures and video starting with Apollo 13 onward.

And it's been carried forward, this is STS-63

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Hell yeah, that owns. I mean I own one of those Zippos with "gently caress Communism" on it (Spider Jerusalem special) and I think that's rad as hell

With any luck someday I'll have a chance to copy/paste the bear onto a different background and use it for something I'm part of.

edit the coat of arms is somehow even cooler

Slippery has a new favorite as of 19:23 on Jan 25, 2019

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Slippery posted:

Hell yeah, that owns. I mean I own one of those Zippos with "gently caress Communism" on it (Spider JerusalemJesse Custer special) and I think that's rad as hell

I still think the Mozambique flag wins the most badass flag award.

Don Gato posted:

Hot take: The Soviet Union won the flag war as soon as they had that flag consisting of a bear tearing an atom in half. The US lost the flag war once someone thought the old Pocatello flag was acceptable in any way, shape or form.

This kind of got lost at the bottom of the last page. I hadn't heard of the Pocatello flag, holy poo poo it was awful

AFewBricksShy has a new favorite as of 19:28 on Jan 25, 2019

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It's the coolest flag known to mankind and I hope that whoever designed it got a Hero of the Soviet Union medal. There's probably people moving to what I assume to be an utterly depressing post-industrial Siberian city just because of that flag

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

AFewBricksShy posted:

(Former) coat of arms of Burkina Faso:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

It's the coolest flag known to mankind and I hope that whoever designed it got a Hero of the Soviet Union medal. There's probably people moving to what I assume to be an utterly depressing post-industrial Siberian city just because of that flag

it's a closed town dedicated entirely to mining uranium and developing nuclear technology so i doubt it

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

AFewBricksShy posted:

This kind of got lost at the bottom of the last page. I hadn't heard of the Pocatello flag, holy poo poo it was awful

Wasn’t there an old game developer whose logo kinda looked like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

System Metternich posted:

Wasn’t there an old game developer whose logo kinda looked like that?

It kind of reminds me of the old EA logo.