Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I don't think you get exp for killing things too far below your own level, it might work the other way too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

The Locator posted:

What I don't get is why the ads aren't leveling him up. His XP bar is completely empty, and a level 36 character should be getting insane xp off the adds, even with the level difference penalties, yet it never even gets a pixel of xp in the bar after the entire fight.

Uber Elder is mlvl 84, so I assume the adds are mlvl 82. He's getting 0.000234% exp from them.

What I found most shocking about that fight is he gets hit once by one of the adds, but only takes like 300 damage.

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015

Walrus Pete posted:

Now today the game hangs at loading into the forest camp and then kicks me back to the character select screen (no matter which gateway I choose). Cool, cool.

I was having issues like that myself, towns were coinflips on if they'd load or drop me to login menu. Turns out there is an issue where if you spend too long in a loadscreen the server just drops you; reinstalling on my SSD fixed it.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

McFrugal posted:

Uber Elder is mlvl 84, so I assume the adds are mlvl 82. He's getting 0.000234% exp from them.

What I found most shocking about that fight is he gets hit once by one of the adds, but only takes like 300 damage.

If you have the damage reduction it's not going to care what level the attack was, right? (serious question, aside from xp penalties for wildly disparate levels I have no idea how level interacts with gameplay and I always find myself 5+ levels above the content I'm on)

ThermosAquaticus
Nov 9, 2013
Does anyone know if crafting an aspect requires a prefix or suffix? It seems difficult to find information like this. Also, is alteration spamming the best way to get a Warlords Mark elder ring?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

ThermosAquaticus posted:

Does anyone know if crafting an aspect requires a prefix or suffix? It seems difficult to find information like this. Also, is alteration spamming the best way to get a Warlords Mark elder ring?

Suffix.

remember
Nov 23, 2006
They require a suffix. Check poedb for stuff like that.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

ThermosAquaticus posted:

Alt spam is cheapest if literally the only thing you care about on the ring is WM, and it’s best if you want a ring with one affix so you can multimod. Chaos spam is more expensive but also more likely to produce a really good ring. It’s difficult to math out but generally I prefer chaos spam for my WM rings.

ThermosAquaticus
Nov 9, 2013
Thanks guys. I checked poeDB but Warlord's mark is hidden under Poacher's mark in the list of Elder suffixes.

I burnt through all my alts so I just bought a ring and crafted Aspect of the Spider on to it. It's still got an open suffix, and a crafted prefix, so what is my best option for a Leo-slam? Keep it as is, or switch the open affix? It's for a low-life character otherwise crafted life would be the obvious choice.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I'm curious how they are going to deal with delve next league.

Assuming that this syndicate stuff goes core, then I'm guessing it will go to a factor roughly 1:10 but then you can't just x10 how much sulphite scarabs will give as that will cost insane amounts of azurite to actually have the capacity to even bank that from a map which would also take an ungodly amount of time to even get assuming you didn't want to waste scarabs since you can't get 100% of the sulphite.

Drop 10 scarabs? I dunno.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
Is there any particular trick to getting rivalries in the syndicate or do you just walk away from trust events and everything else you don't want?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Tai posted:

I'm curious how they are going to deal with delve next league.

Assuming that this syndicate stuff goes core, then I'm guessing it will go to a factor roughly 1:10 but then you can't just x10 how much sulphite scarabs will give as that will cost insane amounts of azurite to actually have the capacity to even bank that from a map which would also take an ungodly amount of time to even get assuming you didn't want to waste scarabs since you can't get 100% of the sulphite.

Drop 10 scarabs? I dunno.

Why would they change delve? It seems to work pretty loving well as is

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

TheRat posted:

Seems like they're saying that its current good balance is due to the availability of sulphite scarabs, whose availability will presumably diminish when Betrayal is no longer the current league

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

JerryLee posted:

Seems like they're saying that its current good balance is due to the availability of sulphite scarabs, whose availability will presumably diminish when Betrayal is no longer the current league

Sulphite scarabs are ridiculously overpowered though. Last league - actual delve league - it took like 60 maps to get a full tank. Now it takes maybe 5.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Would be fine if Niko would show up a minimum of 3 times like Alva, otherwise there would be quite a bit of rage when your 100c gilded sulphite scarab only had 1 Niko on the map.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

TheRat posted:

I'm not saying to change delve but curious how they will change scarabs (if they do). I'm just going assuming that syndicates will spawn every 10 instances.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Is there any particular trick to getting rivalries in the syndicate or do you just walk away from trust events and everything else you don't want?

You need to make them trusted before they'll get Betrayal options that turn trust into rivalry. What you need to avoid after that are Bargain options that turn rivalry normal, and Hillock's unique(?) Bargain option that removes all rivalries.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I got an idea balance Delve in a way that lets me just delve and not deal with the grindy mapping system. Yes yes I know GGG wants people to play more and forcing them into maps does just that.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jan 27, 2019

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
They might increase the xp per syndicate encounter to compensate for their reduced spawn. Or provide other means of aquiring scarabs. You just know there's a div card coming for a random gold scarab.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
Whatever new mechanic they introduce next season will also undoubtedly have some sulphite reward system too. It's not like scarabs will be the only way.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

McFrugal posted:

You need to make them trusted before they'll get Betrayal options that turn trust into rivalry.

Oh FFS how did I not figure that out

quote:

Hillock's unique(?) Bargain option that removes all rivalries.

I think they all can get that

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Papercut posted:

Whatever new mechanic they introduce next season will also undoubtedly have some sulphite reward system too. It's not like scarabs will be the only way.

Undoubtedly? Don't think that has to be the case

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I have a feeling that putting Betrayal in core will happen in a way that kills low-level farming. I still think an atlas daily with all four encounters would be all they need to do for frequency.

mekkanare
Sep 12, 2008
We have detected you are using ad blocking software.

Please add us to your whitelist to view this content.
e: gone

mekkanare fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jan 28, 2019

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

mekkanare posted:

I'm going to take a break from this game and so if anybody wanted to make this templar build in Betrayal SC I have some basic gear. Or you can sell it off, I don't care! The gear is on the character MoreFaithBetterThan, and can be found here.

If no one else is interested I'd like to give this build a shot, look like a fun league ender. I'll be on later today, NS_Juggly

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
I hope Syndicate doesn't go core, it's less fun than either Incursion or Delve. Bestiary is just kind of underwhelming and doesn't require any effort to do, so I'm not sure how easy it is to compare, but I definitely find myself enjoying Betrayal less than the other recent league gimmicks.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Betrayal was announced as going core when it was introduced. In what capacity we don't know yet.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Vasudus posted:

Betrayal was announced as going core when it was introduced. In what capacity we don't know yet.

I have a gut feeling it's going to be in some way reduced in scope, and allowing the various members to rotate in and out of the Syndicate on a league-wide basis, as they are used for different things here and there.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I hope they balance it and shore up some of the bad points but knowing ggg theyre already moved on

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Captain Foo posted:

I have a gut feeling it's going to be in some way reduced in scope, and allowing the various members to rotate in and out of the Syndicate on a league-wide basis, as they are used for different things here and there.

yeah they'll be daylies (each operation once?) with Jun as a new master

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Goa Tse-tung posted:

yeah they'll be daylies (each operation once?) with Jun as a new master
This would actually be a good solution because then you can ignore that particular map if (like me) you don't really like doing Betrayal stuff, and if a master mission does spawn you'll have a 3/4 chance of getting Niko, Einhar or Alva instead.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Zephro posted:

This would actually be a good solution because then you can ignore that particular map if (like me) you don't really like doing Betrayal stuff, and if a master mission does spawn you'll have a 3/4 chance of getting Niko, Einhar or Alva instead.

3/5, you forgot Zana.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

If they keep going in that direction there should always be some kind of master in a map, imo

Or at least always something

essences seem pretty weak right now, too

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Essences and fossils should be merged together.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Essences really need a booster shot, either in drop rate or effectiveness. I've probably used two a league, maximum.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Make 2-, 3-, and 4-socket "essenconators" that let you apply multiple essences for guaranteed affixes. The power of having multiple t0 mods will be balanced by the tool tip crashing your client.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Fossil crafting is the worst mechanic this game has ever had. IMO, cut fossils out of the game and put essences, breaches, and abysses in the darkness instead.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The fossils could be different colors.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

DontMockMySmock posted:

Fossil crafting is the worst mechanic this game has ever had. IMO, cut fossils out of the game and put essences, breaches, and abysses leaguestones in the darkness instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Leaguestones are way worse than fossils