Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I mean, I'm kind of blown away that my interactions with Khedive are being called a town slap fight when I've specifically laid out my case. I think maybe y'all are confusing being verbose with being townie, so just imagine I cut and pasted this paragraph 10 or so times and we'll call it good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think I'm with you, Keane, but honestly it's not that it's verbose = town as much as, I'm kinda having to believe you at your word because I'm finding Rex hard to decipher.

Also I don't think it's particularly mean or unreasonable to have 4 cops that are varying sanities and also fail if they target the same person. Four cops is a lot, and we're just unlucky that half of them are dead. Imagine where they aren't dead and this mechanic is revealed. They could target the same person and determine their particular brand of cop in I think 2 nights. Or the less likely scenario where they're all sane and just agree to not target the same person. Each of them picks a quarter of the player list to investigate who on there they wish. That'd be impossible for scum.

So basically I think the mechanic of having both is totally reasonable for having cops in a game, because cops are bad.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

hambeet posted:

Uh? Did you mean me?

For the question, yes - for the vote, no.

What results did you get from Night 1, Hambeet?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also I think Max is probably an SK that is withholding his kills, but that's fine for now, I guess.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm fine voting for Rex, although someone having a scum investigation on them and getting away with it is one of those things that happens so rarely people end up gloating about it forever, so I'm worried on that front rather than beet being particularly scummy.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Asiina posted:

I'm fine voting for Rex, although someone having a scum investigation on them and getting away with it is one of those things that happens so rarely people end up gloating about it forever, so I'm worried on that front rather than beet being particularly scummy.

I'll take full responsibility on eating the poo poo sandwich for that one if it comes to that.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:cop: Votecount for Day 3 :cop:

KhediveRex (2): CCKeane, 28766f69642a2930
Prince of Space (1): hambeet
hambeet (1): CCKeane, Prince of Space, CCKeane, Prince of Space, Tobbs Gnawed
Asiina (1): Prince of Space
CCKeane (0): 28766f69642a2930, 28766f69642a2930

Not Voting (6): Asiina, George Kansas, KhediveRex, King Burgundy, Max, Toalpaz

With 11 cops still alive, it takes 6 votes to ban someone from CopCon.
The current deadline is January 28th, 2019 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 8 hours.

:cop: Asiina and KhediveRex are ON NOTICE! :cop:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I will feel immensely silly not voting for the cop result, fwiw.

There are a ton of assumptions happening here that people seem to just be running with. Thinking the four known rookie cops are all different sanity is one big one. Thinking all four rookie cops were town is another big one. Neither of these are super safe assumptions.

The one thing I'll give you is that the game is called All Cops Are Bad. So sure, I'll give you that the four different sanity AND blocked by same visitors theory does help make that true. But Pod also likes to challenge our assumptions with these games, so it is very dangerous to take anything at face value like that.

Based on what we've seen of roles so far though, if the above assumptions are indeed the case, I'll be a bit disappointed. Because from the imperfect info I have, that would mean we don't really have any super useful roles in this game. It may as well have been all vanilla and I hate those games.

----

Even after all this recent chat I'm still sitting here:

King Burgundy posted:

FWIW, I reread everything and settled on the scum being here: Beet / KR / Prince

In terms of defenders, if there were any scum pushing against Solus/Bminus, it was BK and KR. But I've decided I don't think BK is brazen enough to have hard core defended two scum buddies that hard.

So still down to vote any of them. But I think answering the question of Keane's claimed result now, before he uses it again, gives us a much better picture for what to do on future days. And we currently have a comfortable lead and can afford to make mistakes.

##vote Beet

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

I mean, I guess sanity could be an issue, especially with 4 rookie cops so far, so that gives us a spectrum.

But that is always a factor and I think a scum result is well worth following up on and voting, and it seems weird to discount it.

^^^

---

Worst case scenario Beet flips town, and then we know Keane is either broken in some way or lying. That really isn't a bad scenario for us at this point.

Best case scenario Beet flips scum and then in addition to probably only having one scum left, then we know Keane, if telling the truth, is probably sane. In case we have anything useful at night to do anything about this, protection, watching, etc, this is the better scenario then not knowing what to make of it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

The desire to have people claim to clear or incriminate BK doesn't accomplish anything at this point.

A) Even if someone else living claims to have visited KR, all that means is BK was telling the truth about his action(or scum is helping him lie). It doesn't prove he's not scum. So all that accomplishes is outing another moving power role.

B) Even if no one living can claim to have visited KR, we still wouldn't know BK was lying, because Hal could have visited KR.

I feel like KR should have known and recognized this.

If people think full claiming in general would help us solve anything, that is one thing. But these half measures are not, imho, a good idea.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

KhediveRex posted:

I've followed a tangent I don't yet know how to strongly explore. But it's an observation that merits thought.

The two people we've flipped as scum were both low post count, low involvement, disengaged posters. From the beginning to the end.

Hypothesis: this level of disinvolvement characterizes scum chat in general.

High engagement, high level discourse posters would have provided a higher level of excitement and engagement for scum team. Known scum have posted like this game was an obligation. No one is in scum chat leading the conversation.

What does that mean?

There are posters who take the discussion very seriously, who expect and initiate a certain level of discourse. I'd characterize KB that way. I'd characterize Asiina that way. I'd characterize Toal that way.

Hambeet is more chill than that. BK is more chill than that.

While we scum hunt, I thinks it's worth keeping in mind that we're looking for players who fit a certain profile. Laid back, low intensity posters. Someone whose presence in scum chat wouldn't have resulted in a deeply involved scum team.

And in that regard, Toal is not my favorite vote today.

This could be a thing, but I'm not sure I agree with the people you assign to the category you put me in. Like, if we are thinking the scum team was all sad to be scum, disengaged and not trying, don't Asiina and Toal fit right in that category? If that was the scenario then Asiina and Toal just embraced bussing to try and get through the game with the minimum of effort by looking good early on.

For the record, that isn't where I lean currently. Just saying, your thought process feels like it should include them in addition to Beet/BK as possibilities.

Also your conclusion seems kinda weird. How does it end on Toal specifically? Is this meant as a response to Prince?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Anyway, got a ton of work to do and prep for my numenera game tonight. So probably mostly gone from this point on, but I'll definitely pop back to change my vote if needed.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
@kb I'm good with voting beet I'm just posting some opinions on the past million posts

CCKeane posted:

Got a cop result of not cop.aligned on hambeet.

Thank you, good night.

##vote hambeet

So this started a lot of conversation.

Early read from KB pointing at KDRex as the likely scum defender during B-’s big day.

hambeet posted:

POS for my reasons outlined yesterday is who i'd vote today, at this stage anyway.

Beet pushes POS rather than Keane, despite the scum results on him.

POS jumps on the beet train.

Prince of Space posted:

I understand this is pure speculation until we know for sure whether threats to CopCon still exist or not, but how many Activist/Scum-aligned Cops do you think we're dealing with here?

People say I engage in a lot of setup spec, which is true. But I also tend to make assumptions or say something of value when I do. This is just asking for input on how many scum there are in a paragraph without making any statements themselves. Take a guess if you want to have a conversation about it, but it seems like POS is dodging having to guess because they’re afraid of being called out for ‘knowing’ how many scum there are.

Prince of Space posted:

Can a Rookie Cop please clarify or verify what their role does?

Beet has called this fishing, and I can see it.

Prince of Space posted:

That was a classic Rookie mistake, I suppose!

If I recall, a couple of other people were pretty suspicious of MurmurTwin's posting fairly early on, Day1, and that just brought her towniness out later on in the day.

At the time CCKeane was, by admission, simply trying to shake up the tree to see what got stirred up back then. I'm... still not sure it was very effective.

Now, however, he's gotten results on his investigation that other people are willing to believe that implicates a person I was already suspicious of, so I think it's something worth pursuing.

Summarization, no reads.

Prince of Space posted:

Both times I said in the twilight hour that I would have voted B-minus1 but wasn't able to get there in time.

I'm still super unclear on why certain folks think I'm scummy, to be honest, but I doubt finding out what I'm "doing wrong" will help me any, since then I will be "self-aware scum" in those same peoples' opinions.

Whenever I can't seem to rely on my gut read on someone's posts I tend to ask questions to other, more experienced players that I mostly trust in hopes of learning more, and people who see this behavior seem to point their fingers at me and screech. It's bizarre.

If my identity is still so suspect after today's vote, I'm more than certain there are plenty of Cops out there that can investigate me over Night 3, too.

Heck, one of the Rookie Cops (such as CCKeane or BottleKnight/George Kansas) could volunteer to investigate me, and then everyone else in CopCon can agree not to interfere or something. Seems like a fairly straightforward solution that the remaining Activists may have trouble interfering with without getting caught.

POS has 1 vote on them at this point. They aren’t under a lot of pressure, but are still trying to direct cop night actions and complain about attention on them. It feels like a godfather?

I’m not going to quote the list because the only two scum listed on it are Asiina who has not posted a lot and we all know is kinda absent, and Hambeet who has a not town result on him. They’re pretty weak/easy reads imo.

Prince of Space posted:

Hmmmmmm... (emphasis mine above ^^)

##unvote Hambeet

We can test CCKeane's sanity profile by waiting another night or two until he gets another successful Investigation result, at the very least.

I'm still down for hunting scum outside of my suspicions on Hambeet for today. If CCKeane is unsure of themselves then I'm definitely unconvinced.

Personally, I'd really like to hear more casework from KhediveRex and Asiina (both of the people who were put On Notice yesterday for their lack of participation at CopCon).

I don’t like this. We can speculate that cops have different sanities but our two rookie cop flips don’t seem to have sanities attached to them so why would you? I get that Keane unvoted first but Keane’s felt more natural, and this feels like someone who knows Beet’s alignment and doesn’t want to get caught on the vote where hey don’t want to be.

Prince of Space posted:

Here's a proposition:

CCKeane, if you were to Investigate me with your Rookie Cop ability tonight (Night 3), your results the following morning would tell me your sanity profile: whether you were sane, paranoid, naive, or insane.

Best yet, if someone interferes with your investigation, they'll more than likely be spotted by a Town watcher or tracker or what-have-you.

I really don’t like POS conducting night actions like this. Easy for scum to plan around etc. Also getting godfather vibes based on earlier ‘investigate me’ posts at 1 vote.

Prince of Space posted:

[. . .] serial killer hunting

I mean, I did it too. But I brought it up just because I noticed the flavour on Max’s claimed kill. But POS is bringing it up to deflect attention that they’re receiving because they needed a case and then explain their contradiction from the d3 list as posted and their nu-max killer cop is bad theory.

CCKeane posted:

LMAO power roles where are ya, how ya doing?

Times two scummy post combo.

Yeah lmao, KDRex gets a huge yikes from me here. At this point I think its extremely ~*~ weird~*~ how KDRex and POS don’t really talk to eachother despite saying so much.

KhediveRex posted:

Finding liars is good. Confirming truth tellers is good. BK is in a position where the thread can confirm or deny the truth of his action without divulging any relevant information. We should do that.
I mean the first two statements are true. But. That doesn’t mean we need town PR to claim. Besides, it could have been scum that acted on BK’s target, and that’s why they won’t claim. I wouldn’t worry about trying to catch George in a lie here.

KhediveRex posted:

Yep. Fishing for power roles. Definitely. I can see where you got this read.

Hey man, if BK's action was confirmed, wouldn't you look a lot better behind it? Why so nervous man?

lol

Im at 3 pages of word doc text and I’m still 3 pages from being caught up. I'd be willing to vote POS too today.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

KhediveRex posted:

Keane is desperate to shift the discussion away from the thing that actually matters here.

I was never trying to present a case on Keane.

I was presenting a case on BK. A case which can be confirmed or denied with facts.

I want us to confirm or deny the case so that we know if there is value in a BK vote.

Many posts and a lot of hostile casing is about to go down. Don't let it distract you. The question that's important right now is -- Did Anyone Visit Rex Last Night --

also KDRex earlier

KhediveRex posted:

It seems like the heart of discussion today comes down to Keane's cop investigation.

I don't really like Keane's cop investigation.

Almost fully because it comes from Keane, I'm sorry to say. The stir-the pot gambit at the beginning of the game is something to take notice of. Keane having not voted on either of the prior days is something to take notice of (especially the somewhat coy, "I'll vote Bminus but let me cook some potatoes first). Keane not pursuing his own cop result with the recent unvote is also not what I would have expected. He started the momentum and then stepped away from it, when almost everyone on the thread has said the best way to test his sanity would be to follow through on the Ham vote.

I find the whole situation that Keane has crafted less than convincing. And as a player who favors gambits, it's hard for me to trust him in the first place.

By way of corraboration, the closest we get is Bottleknight confirming the details of the Rookie Cop role. There was also breadcrumbing on D2 from Keane about having visited Hal and gotten a no-result, which BK came back and acknowledged. Really though, if we're giving ham a hard time about his vote history, it's worth noting that.

1) Keane has never participated in the lynch

[. . .]

So, the people accusing ham don't have the most stellar history either.

Personally, I think we have a lot more to gain from a careful read of bminus than from dissecting the implications of Keane's claim.

And ... So ... That's what I'm gonna do now.

Its fine if you didn’t think you were trying to construct a case but you’re calling out Keane’s reads and actions, while implying that they may have an ulterior motive most of the thread because Keane is defending against your scum read of George. It has implications that you don’t trust Keane.

also lol at all of the discussion trying to figure out beek when we literally have no reason to inquire or disbelieve or guess about beeks claim, because no one has made a case of mafia against him. It just looks like deflection on KDRex's part imo.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Prince of Space posted:

Just did a reread of the entire ongoing CopCon investigation and now I need to sleep off a budding headache. The last few pages have felt like a Town-only back and forth slap fight to me, and I think that's precisely because of what KhediveRex is pointing out: the scum-team present at CopCon is playing a very low-interest, low-content posting game. They just aren't really all that invested in CopCon whatsoever, and it shows. For that reason, I'm gonna park a pressure vote on the worst offender before going to bed.

##vote Asiina

Oh, one quick question for Hambeet:

What were your results from Night 1?

this asiina vote is incredibly low info and bad.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

What do people think of POS. I'd be willing to vote Beet but I am getting the scummies (a cool new word for scum pings) from POS atm.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Still waiting on his answer to what I posed the other day, I believe.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

People say I engage in a lot of setup spec, which is true. But I also tend to make assumptions or say something of value when I do. This is just asking for input on how many scum there are in a paragraph without making any statements themselves. Take a guess if you want to have a conversation about it, but it seems like POS is dodging having to guess because they’re afraid of being called out for ‘knowing’ how many scum there are.

I don't mean 'assumptions or say something of value', I mean I make statements or say something of value. I'll tend to say 'I think there's probably 5 scumteam members because its a 18 person game, what do you think', where I don't think POS reveals anything of similar concreteness.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also hi. I've been severely disconnected from this game the past weekend, and am reading through while at work to get back into it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

^^^

---

Worst case scenario Beet flips town, and then we know Keane is either broken in some way or lying. That really isn't a bad scenario for us at this point.

Best case scenario Beet flips scum and then in addition to probably only having one scum left, then we know Keane, if telling the truth, is probably sane. In case we have anything useful at night to do anything about this, protection, watching, etc, this is the better scenario then not knowing what to make of it.

Right - I've largely changed my stance because if we accept that we might have a sanity array, a scum result coming up is actually more likely for town than scum.

With Beet's claimed power and two claimed cops out, we can figure that sorting out my sanity will happen anyway, so I'm backing off of my eagerness to execute beet.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Hi again.

I've already responded to Max's question a decent while ago: Max never was and never has been in my prime suspects list - I brought up Max's kill flavor (shared between Mr. Humalong and Kashuno) to see what Max had to say about it and to see if anyone would take that up as the reason to oust Max from CopCon. Only Toalpaz has brought it up since then (and now they're getting really defensive about it).

I'm still waiting for Hambeet's response to my question: What was the in the message that you got from Podima after Night 1 ended?

Until I get that answer, however, I will stoop to parking my "low info and bad" vote on you instead.

##unvote Asiina

##vote Hambeet

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
hold up beet got a message?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Prince of Space posted:

When I wrote the above post, I had just gone through both Kashuno's and MurmurTwin's post histories and noticed that BOTH of them shared the following trait in common: they heavily suspected Max's behaviors Day 1. As Kashuno and MurmurTwin were considered "good at being cops" by those that knew them closely, it made sense that both Kashuno and MurmurTwin would be the ones targeted by Scum's killer(s) overnight.

As I said in the above post, that was my thought process before Max came out with their Killer Cop claim, because the double flip of Kashuno and MurmurTwin initially made Max look really bad. Before Max came out with their Killer Cop claim and owned up to brutally Investigating Kashuno, I was sure that this was all part of the Scum-team's plan to implicate and get rid of Max. So, if Max hadn't come out with their Killer Cop claim Day 2, there's a very good chance that they would have been the popular vote that Day, just based upon Night 1's deaths.

My post back then was inviting others to share their feelings on Max, their Killer Cop role, and whether the flavor of their kill (shared between Mr. Humalong and Kashuno) means anything, and I hoped to learn more from that. No one really "bit," though, as far as I can tell, though Toalpaz also brought up my point about the kill flavors matching up.

Basically, the more I reread Max's posts the less aggressive they sound in my head and the more reasonable they come across as a Town-aligned player seeking to smoke out scum.

Sorry if this doesn't answer your question well enough, Max, but I've actually had nothing but positive feelings towards your scum-hunting approaches since I made the above-quoted post and went to bed. My Day 2 lumpenlist also has you/Max squarely planted in the "Can't read but need to trust is Town" section.

You're right, I missed this post in my dreary-ness.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Also I had some further thoughts on the four multi-cop / sanity part of the setup.

Imagine four cops on the edge of a cliff.

Podima works the same way.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Prince of Space posted:

Just did a reread of the entire ongoing CopCon investigation and now I need to sleep off a budding headache. The last few pages have felt like a Town-only back and forth slap fight to me, and I think that's precisely because of what KhediveRex is pointing out: the scum-team present at CopCon is playing a very low-interest, low-content posting game. They just aren't really all that invested in CopCon whatsoever, and it shows. For that reason, I'm gonna park a pressure vote on the worst offender before going to bed.

##vote Asiina

Oh, one quick question for Hambeet:

What were your results from Night 1?

I was confused by what POS just said, I think this is what he means.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Since even the vanilla Town members have some kind of Cop-like role, I'm currently operating under the assumption that everyone should be getting a message from CopCon officials (Podima) after every Night.

Also, someone else in the thread said something interesting that pertains to this particular question I have and so I want to put it to the test.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm not sure this is going to be actually helpful.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

And also skirts way too close to this.

Podima posted:

General Rules:
  • No PM comparing shenanigans - format, capital letters, whatever.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Fair. I wasn't looking for a copy/paste, merely a response from Hambeet that shared their Night 1 results.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Prince of Space posted:

Fair. I wasn't looking for a copy/paste, merely a response from Hambeet that shared their Night 1 results.

OK, That's a different beast, then. Keep in mind when you ask "what did the mod tell you" that you're asking for something that isn't really fair game.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Beet’s claimed role doesn’t look like it would get results though

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
unless he’s lying about the claim

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

If you get results from whatever kind of gambit this is POS I'll probably unvote. But like. I don't get what you're doing, so. You've made up a version of the game in your head and are now using it to 'test' beets response.

##vote POS

I'll unvote to vote on Keane's results but I'm absolutely fine with this until POS starts writing something I can comprehend.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Prince of Space posted:

For the question, yes - for the vote, no.

What results did you get from Night 1, Hambeet?

I don't have a night action, so nothing happened to me that night.

:confused:

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
If Hambeet can't answer the question, it's because someone's lying about something, yes.

Either Hambeet got results or he didn't. If Hambeet received a message regarding results from Night 1, then I'd like to know the summarized contents of that message.

Okay, here it is:

hambeet posted:

I don't have a night action, so nothing happened to me that night.

:confused:

Great! You pass. Here's what I was testing:

King Burgundy posted:

Also, in case it is important, I received a nothing happens to you message last night.

Now I'm back to not knowing what to think again.

##unvote Hambeet

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yes you've successfully proven that hambeet can read thread and recycle wording or otherwise has no action at night. Maybe you should provide some reads and then vote based around who you think is scummy now that you aren't voting asiina and hambeet your two main scum picks.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

five hours left, I'm pro finding a consensus before deadline, so lets do our best okay?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Oh, by the way, I'd like to officially confirm CCKeane's activity Night 2: they Investigated Hambeet. This is why I was so willing to believe their Investigation claim vs Hambeet, originally.

I'd also like to confirm Hambeet's activity Night 1: they didn't go anywhere. This is ultimately why I am willing to believe their Election Cop roleclaim.

Right now, because the two people I suspected most Night 1 and Night 2 are showing signs of Towniness, all my choicest scumpicks are all topsy-turvy, and thus aren't really reliable. Sorry.

Regardless, here's a loose list off the top of my head, on a scale of would-vote (top) to wouldn't-vote (bottom):

Officer Asiina
Officer Toalpaz
Officer 28766f69642a2930
Officer KhediveRex
Officer King Burgundy
Officer hambeet
Officer BottleKnight
Officer CCKeane
Officer Max
Officer Tobbs Gnawed

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Not gonna vote the claimed tracker today, that's for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Well yeah. ##unvote