Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

mariooncrack posted:

Dave explaining how he broke is arm is the most Dave story I think I've ever heard.

lmao The first thing he mentioned was that he could still reply to people on twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I'm guessing the newsletter is on hold for a while.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CVagts posted:

I'm guessing the newsletter is on hold for a while.

we won't know until Monday

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Are we getting a MARK appearance on the post Rumble B&V?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

21 Hoot Salute posted:

Are we getting a MARK appearance on the post Rumble B&V?
I hope so :)

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

whats the point if he cant hate on roman

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

HerraS posted:

whats the point if he cant hate on roman

I've been listening to old RR B&V shows and mark has an amazing rant on HHH in the 16 one.

The Croc fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jan 27, 2019

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
that was the one where trips booked himself as the winner right

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

Eric Bischoff has the life and mind of an unsuccessful SNL actor.

Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll go full Charles Rocket.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

that was the one where trips booked himself as the winner right

Booked himself in one match as:

Rumble entrant #30
The guy who eliminated Reigns and Dean
Two-time Rumble winner
9-time WWE champ
14-time world champ

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jan 27, 2019

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Chris James 2 posted:

Booked himself in one match as:

Rumble entrant #30
The guy who eliminated Reigns andDean
Two-time Rumble winner
9-time WWE champ
14-time world champ

And booked himself as the Wrestlemania eventer for the.....6thish time.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Pop Vinyls confirmed garbage.

https://twitter.com/PopVinyls/status/1089726692439085058

https://twitter.com/PopVinyls/status/1089727315028987905

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Mark confirmed :woop:

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
On the new Between The Sheets, Eric Bischoff eats the face of an aging biker chick.

https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1089753527050739713

https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1089790766946361349

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

21 Hoot Salute posted:

Mark confirmed :woop:
im like 2 minutes in and he’s great already

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah that was a good B&V. I'm listening to WOR now and Bryan is so tired and clearly just wants to get through this but Dave wants to talk :allears:

davidbix posted:

On the new Between The Sheets, Eric Bischoff eats the face of an aging biker chick.

Goddammit, this is the third time that suppressed memory has popped back to the surface of my mind.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
“What’s the point of spots, ever?” - Big Dave

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Sometimes I wish they could find a way to do WOR without making Bryan watch WWE programming. Forcing yourself to be completely befuddled that often cannot be good for your health.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I like how they discussed every possibility they could think of for the ending of the Becky/Asuka match, yet the idea of WWE wanting to make Asuka look good since Becky/Charlotte are probably feuding with Ronda never crossed their minds for a millisecond.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I find Bryan's reactions to WWE storytelling to be consistently very entertaining and a big reason of why I listen to the podcast, but sometimes it's frustrating if you're tuning in for real analysis to hear him be confused by really really basic WWE booking. Like that company is not subtle at all, when someone turns they club you over the head with it, yet for some reason he was adamant Sasha being 10% more fired up than normal in one of her Ronda promos meant she was a heel. And yeah, it's incredibly obvious that Becky and Charlotte are going to be focusing on Ronda, so the woman flying the flag for Smackdown has to look good.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

So I don't know much about the Road Warriors apart from the fact they were legends outside of the WWF but in the Retro Raw reviews, Alvarez positively hates them. It's so strange knowing how beloved they are yet he just destroys them in show after show I'm listening to. Did their quality decline drastically by 1998?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

NikkolasKing posted:

So I don't know much about the Road Warriors apart from the fact they were legends outside of the WWF but in the Retro Raw reviews, Alvarez positively hates them. It's so strange knowing how beloved they are yet he just destroys them in show after show I'm listening to. Did their quality decline drastically by 1998?

They were pretty beat up by that point and honestly, the novelty of them wore off heading into the 90s.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

coconono posted:

They were pretty beat up by that point and honestly, the novelty of them wore off heading into the 90s.

Were they all novelty? Do they not hold up if I went back and watched all their best matches?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

They only really work if they're invulnerable badasses, which they were in the 80s. By the time of 97 and 98, we had over 10 years of it, and it was stale

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Hawk's shtick is no-selling piledrivers, which is either badass or jarring depending on your point of view. The first time I saw Hawk do that was in a War Games match where he no-sold at least two piledrivers and I hated it.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
For contrast, listen to the JCP/NWA recaps. Both Bryan and Vinny love the Road Warriors on those shows, because they weren't old and busted and/or part of a terrible substance abuse angle.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

NikkolasKing posted:

Were they all novelty? Do they not hold up if I went back and watched all their best matches?

Their whole thing was tearing through smaller heel teams much to the delight of fans that legitimately wanted to beat up those heel teams. It was cool to watch a few times but afterward their really isn’t much to it.

Also anyone entering to Black Sabbath’s Iron Man is at least 20% more badass.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Angry_Ed posted:

For contrast, listen to the JCP/NWA recaps. Both Bryan and Vinny love the Road Warriors on those shows, because they weren't old and busted and/or part of a terrible substance abuse angle.

That Hawk suicide angle is really bad

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Dave tore the Warriors apart in the late '90s WONs as well

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Cornette's said on multiple occasions that they used to sell all the time in the 80's but I haven't seen an actual example of it

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Aesop Poprock posted:

Cornette's said on multiple occasions that they used to sell all the time in the 80's but I haven't seen an actual example of it

That Road Warriors book review was one of the few good things to come from that guy who used to do a show with Bryan

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

algebra testes posted:

That Road Warriors book review was one of the few good things to come from that guy who used to do a show with Bryan

Todd’s Dick Slater book review is the pinnacle

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

sportsgenius86 posted:

Todd’s Dick Slater book review is the pinnacle

you misspelled "Bruce Buffer book review"

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Fauxhawk Express posted:

you misspelled "Bruce Buffer book review"
:yeah:

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

The Road Warriors also cut the platonic ideal of insane wrestling promos in the 1980s, which shouldn't be overlooked. Here's one example.

https://youtu.be/ng6kpHpcfdY

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

NikkolasKing posted:

I have a soft spot for them because I loved them as a kid but just a Wrestlemania rewatch was enough to make me think maybe they weren't the best wrestlers, and then once the network came out watched some more older stuff and . . . it's really bad.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

CombineThresher posted:

The Road Warriors also cut the platonic ideal of insane wrestling promos in the 1980s, which shouldn't be overlooked. Here's one example.

https://youtu.be/ng6kpHpcfdY
I was expecting this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I60Ez67ullU

Rick posted:

I have a soft spot for them because I loved them as a kid but just a Wrestlemania rewatch was enough to make me think maybe they weren't the best wrestlers, and then once the network came out watched some more older stuff and . . . it's really bad.
There are plenty of good Road Warriors matches, they're just not in the WWF and not necessarily on WWE Network.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1090196118477037568

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

man that is some really rough timing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The other person on the bike was hired by Bischoff